Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello @NGSpeed ,

Well the most important aspect about the CQ gameplay is not in that patch:
Area depletion, activation, reactivation, switching etc.
The point u talk about area depletion is here in that sentence:
Fixed area deactivation interval to calculate it correctly over the timespan based on the active area count.

Always loosing ore will definitely make the late game for the losing side a hide and seek game lol
Not really, they can either try to run if they think they have no chance, but if they kill enemies, they can also get some ores back, as it was with the previous PTR, its just more fair ;)

Is the 5minute cooldown on self-mat after every pod or for the second pod e.g.??
Correctly, the first one will just be 1 minute (the global cooldown), after that u have 5 minute cooldown for using the option of self-mat.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
We also try not to change to many elements at the same time for the Conquest gameplay itself. A single change can affect other aspects already. The areas depletion had an issue and therefore we did fix this first and see how it will improve the gameplay.

There is still a lot of feedback to cover to fine tune the gameplay with it and some are better to adjust when the CQ update is live.

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
Correctly, the first one will just be 1 minute (the global cooldown), after that u have 5 minute cooldown for using the option of self-mat.
That was one issue of self-mat, still the mechanic of self-mat is very impactful for positioning that's why I suggested to limit the amount of self-mat for each CQ.
I believe the timer for self-mat should be the highest of all possible materialization options with at least a 2 or 3 minutes timer (after the first pod). So materializing somewhere else is faster and becomes more attractive.
If someone doesn't die often he will not notice that change so the "snowballing" can continue still kinda easy.

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AdvancedMine99
Rank
Clan
Mantis
Wouldn't it be better to have donations not capped again but only allow the amount you win from conquests to be available for assignment to eligible members. Clan wins 2 million from a CQ so only 2 million can be assigned.

As it is right now the cap is horrible. Can only pay for a few jumps per donation, can't even buy later system CQ ships or their techs.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Public PTR will remain open for the next 2 hours. Feedback is welcome to the recent changes so that we can get the thing ready for live release :)

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Hello, I want to enumerate some things that could be changed:
  1. The last 5 minutes with the area in heat mode is good to avoid hide and seek. But the final battles and the ore generated by this make it impossible to collect all the ores... just check the following image: 1612230217009.png
    so a solution for this would be to deplete the last area in the last two minutes. The last battle would be around the last 1:00 to 2:00 minutes and the pilots who die would not be able to do something more due the respawn cooldown.
    Other thing: turn it into head mode in the last 7 minutes so the area will be running on this mode for 5 minutes.
  2. I see a lot of chromians being used because the magnet trap is good and have well resistance. I would like to decrease the HP to make it less OP (maybe reduce a bit the cooldown as well? Also the spam of traps is a way to freeze the game for low-specs PCs).

Last edited:

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Other points:

3. The CQ ship is now more easily to kill, so I think it should be allowed to be used from 7+ team size.
4. 100% of drop chance is good. With that we avoid the luck factor. Also I will decrease the dropped ore for players to 10% and for CQ ship I will set it around 40%.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Third round of feedback for me, this time a bit smaller :D

First of all, Conquests are finally looking quite solid after all the changes :love:, there are some things i would still like to see from those mentioned on feedback by many players like Blimex or DaKuaz.

12. Who paid the planet?

One of the most common issues i've found during all PTR, is that there is no information in the clan history on who paid a certain planet. This makes it really confusing when clans are quite big, i think it would be better to include the name as its on live server so organization is easier. I will now show a comparision between live and PTR version:

PTR:
1612256617790.png

Live Server:
1612257549477.png

I think it would be good if it looked like this:
destroier6 assigned 3 Mining Ticket(s) for Conquest on Cetacea.

I find this change quite necessary and doesn't sound really hard to do in my opinion :p

13. Last minutes issue

In the last patch, the dropchance when a enemy is killed got increased to 100% and together with that, an area remains now active in heat mode for 5 minutes. Both of those are nice changes that are really welcome, but due to how ores are stacked on players, and the big droprate of this single area, it gets near to impossible to collect all ores if a last fight happens, since each player might drop several amount of ores with their dead. Due to that, in most CQs, many ores are left uncollected due to the last 1-2 fights + the area dropping a lot.
Examples:
1612256310672.png1612256329493.png1612256364070.png1612256741092.png

To solve this, i have the 2 ideas that gonzaabel mentioned:
Area gets depleted when 2 minutes are left of CQ, and heat mode of the area starts when 7 minutes are left.
Droprate when a player dies could get reduced to 10-15% so its not as heavy. (would like to see opinions from other players)

14. Chromian CQ's

I think we all like variety, and due to the actual state of this specific ship, its completely dominating game compared to most others. From all the PTR Cq's i played, which could be over 50. in 90% of fights it was just a full spam of chromians + 1-2 engineers from the enemies. This makes it quite repetitive when the most viable (and also easier) strategy becomes to just spam an specific ship.

Since chromian is also completely dominating in every other aspect of the game, i am agree with gonzaabel.
I think the Magnet Trap HP could be reduced by 40-50% making those not that OP (its still the best skill currently of TC and the best in crowd control). Reducing the HP of the magnet trap would mean that those need to be used more carefully and most likely fights would not end like this:

1612257358609.png

Thats all i had for this 3rd round of my feedback. I hope it helps a bit.

Thank you for this great update :mrgreen:

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
New Public PTR is just around the corner. Changelog can be checked out here:

This marks the first release candidate as it contains all the features we want to have ready for release. There might come some more additions though, like new achievements etc. But focus would now be to fix remaining issues and fine tune it with your feedback.

Thanks again for your participation and for taking the time to write up detailed feedback and write bug reports to us. It really helped to shape the final steps to get the update ready for the live release.

Naycko

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
ROA - Naycko
Rank
Clan
Reborn of the ashes
Hello everyone.
The new update changelog brings a lot of joy.
After reading it, and specially taking into account this change: " Added to include the name of the pilot that invested a ticket for a conquest in the clan history ", i would like to suggest another change.

It would be really useful if, in the clan history, it would be shown the name of the pilot that either accepts or kicks a pilot.

This would make easier for admirals and captains to know which pilot is accepting or kicking without permission or consent from the clan, avoiding a lot of misunderstandings.
Thanks for reading us!
Naycko -

Water

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Water
well i will hope the reducing HP of the magnet trap is only for CQ and not for everything !

when it is also on normal planets reduced 50% HP the magnet trap doesnt make sense any more !

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Hello! as suggestion: please can you allow ancient armor to be purchased into mouth of dori hangar?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Hello! as suggestion: please can you allow ancient armor to be purchased into mouth of dori hangar?
This is actually a bug as the same upgrades should be available as on the sirius jumpship. Fixed on next PTR

HerrFox

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Herr_BlingBling
Rank
The weakening of the magnetic trap, does it only affect the conquests? Or does the weakening now also affect the normal planet? The weakening should only apply to the conquests. It would be problematic on the normal planets.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
The weakening of the magnetic trap, does it only affect the conquests? Or does the weakening now also affect the normal planet? The weakening should only apply to the conquests. It would be problematic on the normal planets.
why it could be problematic?

HerrFox

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Herr_BlingBling
Rank
why it could be problematic?
At the same time, weakening the magnetic trap reduces the value of this technology. If it is weakened too much, this technology becomes useless, which means that players will rely on other weapons and spaceships. I have no interest in investing in expensive armament that is so weakened that it no longer produces a useful effect. That's why it's problematic. The approach for the new conquest system is understandable and perfectly acceptable. But not for normal Tau Ceti planet.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello @HerrFox

It affects the skill itself, so it isn't something specifically restricted to Conquests.

As many players has said, this skill was outperforming in most aspects of the game and it needed a bit of balancing ;). That doesn't mean at all that the skill is now useless, its still a pretty strong item.

Water

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Water
50 % is defenetly too much ! 10 or 15 max 25 % that would be ok but half of life ?? no way , it makes the magnet trap absolutly useless especaly the lower space systems !

and it makes the RDX ships with magnet trap many unactractiv as they are now !

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Hello @HerrFox

It affects the skill itself, so it isn't something specifically restricted to Conquests.

As many players has said, this skill was outperforming in most aspects of the game and it needed a bit of balancing ;). That doesn't mean at all that the skill is now useless, its still a pretty strong item.
Its good for pvp that the magnet trap is being nerfed.. But c'mon.. Not for pve.. Not fair.. Adjust instead armor for chromian corundum its skill are too op especially in terms of pvp(you did that with the emperor too). Its the most used ship in in tc and sirius.. As the items say, its a trap so it means you are stuck until you break down the magnet trap... But i will look into it how it will work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.