Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Like @Vesperion and I already said, the MT was never supposed to be a deployable tank (a better version of the aggrobeacon). Its sole purpose is to slow down enemies to allow for us players to either escape or prevent an enemy unit from escaping. The only thing that matters regarding the MT's HP is whether or not it's enough to give us those 2-3 seconds that we need to escape from (or catch up to) an enemy after using the item which it clearly still does despite the 50% cut to its HP.
Therefor enemys magnetstrap should also have 50% less HP to make PvE fair

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
If You think magnet trap have low hp,use you prot flying on cc :ROFLMAO:
If you ar on slate,no need use mt-you have leap :love:
If you fly on frog well then pray to gods to you cramb this time work:p

Hope next nerf will be speed actu where not be anymore better buff if you have low lvl armor on ship.
And then nerf stun charge to be 50% shorter time active.
Then all be happy :ROFLMAO:

dontbelive

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Emiya
Rank
If You think magnet trap have low hp,use you prot flying on cc :ROFLMAO:
If you ar on slate,no need use mt-you have leap :love:
If you fly on frog well then pray to gods to you cramb this time work:p

Hope next nerf will be speed actu where not be anymore better buff if you have low lvl armor on ship.
And then nerf stun charge to be 50% shorter time active.
Then all be happy :ROFLMAO:
I think speed Actuator was nerfed already, as far as I know it gave up to 33%, now it's up to 28%, 5% decrease. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe bcuz of the Cooldown drone.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
I think speed Actuator was nerfed already, as far as I know it gave up to 33%, now it's up to 28%, 5% decrease. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe bcuz of the Cooldown drone.
Really OP speed actuator as in giving a sirius SA to a sol ship and watch it fire every .5 second and have a 0 second cooldown on its RD has been nerfed a while ago, but having a high level speed actuator on a lower level ship is still better or equivalent to having a same level strong SA but with better timings. Easiest examples to test are Vega and Tau Ceti, where the speed actuators are way stronger than anywhere else due to that. Tau Ceti will kinda "self-fix" it when we will have gold tech and all armors i hope, but you can still craft wonky ships with broken SA - and Vega will most probably stay weird :ROFLMAO:.

As for the MT nerf: eh, don't use it like it was an aggrobeacon and you won't have a reason to complain. It had more HP than most ships, way more HP than a beacon, better aggro-generation than beacons, and it has a range. Even if it wasn't slowing down whatever gets caught in it, it would still be OP compared to an aggrobeacon for PvE purpose. You could even take its current PTR state and remove its "on-target" spawn capability and it would still be an OP beacon - and still be useful for PvP as well, although more in an ambush style than a "why are you running" style; it would even be an indirect incentive to use more Black Slates in my mind :p .

Last edited:

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Is the pirate mode rework technically included in the CQ update aswell?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Is the pirate mode rework technically included in the CQ update aswell?
No that is not part of the CQ update.

BTW new PTR update just deployed:

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Most of the CQs with teamsize of 9+ ends with a lot of ores uncollected. Winner clan ends with 40~60% collected.

So I think it would be good if ores are reduced like 20%. Also I felt like there spawing more at the half & end of the cq.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Hmm the conquest showdown change that the last area gets into heat might not work not ideal on that front. So the last minute where all zones are deactivated might be to short? Would be great to get some input about that.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Hmm the conquest showdown change that the last area gets into heat might not work not ideal on that front. So the last minute where all zones are deactivated might be to short? Would be great to get some input about that.
I certainly think its to short, in all CQ's i've did 10-30% ores were left on the ground due to the last fights + spawn. Maybe 2m or 2m 30s would work, but heat time should get extended to be the full 5 minutes and not run out while its on heat

I also have some more feedback planning to do soon mostly about Magnet Traps power (which is still really strong in my opinion and the opinion of many players that i've played CQ with), not gonna talk about hit points but about range itself :p

Last edited:

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
I also have some more feedback planning to do soon mostly about Magnet Traps power (which is still really strong in my opinion and the opinion of many players that i've played CQ with), not gonna talk about hit points but about range itself :p
You mean this?
2) Magnet Trap: I think the HP nerf will not be only a part of the solution.
The range would be better to be half of blaster range, so it is actually a "trap" and not an engage tool to force a dog fight. And this will seperate the Black Slate with his Quantum Leap from the Corundum, so BS needs to jump in and then trap enemies and CC has to "walk up" to the enemies.

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AdvancedMine99
Rank
Clan
Mantis
Trap forcing a fight is not any different than stuns forcing a fight. Traps lack the range to stop sb abuse as it is.

Slate with leap gets to stop sb abuse unless you have div drone on slate and bug a leap. :ROFLMAO: (why leap so early)

What I think should be looked at are abs under multiple traps sometimes slowing your ab as well.

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
@The_Ghost you forget that you force a whole area with the Magnet Trap, which has
A) a higher range than a Stun Dome
B) a wider area of effect than a Stun Dome
C) it's lasting much longer on the surface than a Stun Dome.

Tbh the Magnet Trap has 3 functions
1) Engage (range is too high)
2) Zoning tool during extended fights (lasting too long on surface, was 50% HP nerf really enough?)
3) Disengage (Mizar CQ, tight side routes: press Afterburner and if some chases you, you just press Magnet Trap in the middle)
This shows us a new way, because there are parallels between Stun Domes and Magnet Trap.
As we all know the Stun Dome is very weak right now and maybe increasing the range of it will be a viable solution to not over tune it, but actually bringing it back to a relevant item.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
What I think should be looked at are abs under multiple traps sometimes slowing your ab as well.
Tbf this is an issue that already exists and not just has come up with MT.

Basicly if you are stunned your "only option" to run away was using your AB AFTER you have been "stunned" or be in the are of the Dome. The same mechanic counts for the MT and you can "escape" it most efficently when using your AB AFTER it has been placed.

However Stun Charge, Dome and MT have one similarity and this is if you have started your AB and you then either receive the stun, dome or enter the MT range or another MT the effect basicly "removes" your AB and slows you down again.

Difference however is now that with the MT the chance of entering another MT that then overrides the AB is much higher so that it now is noticed much more then with Stun or Dome.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Trap forcing a fight is not any different than stuns forcing a fight. Traps lack the range to stop sb abuse as it is.

Slate with leap gets to stop sb abuse unless you have div drone on slate and bug a leap. :ROFLMAO: (why leap so early)

Wanted to clear out some points u mentioned here

There is a massive difference between stuns or MT's in terms of forcing fights, the first one is either at 1 target, or its in a small range with a casting time, they can be countered by a protector to block them or remove its effect and they have less range than Magnet Trap.

In comparision, Magnet trap has a big HP pool, a way longer area, an average better slow effect, a instant cast, a higher range, and a way higher duration. I must say Magnet Trap has SB range, so im unsure if u got confused there.

As NGSpeed said, the actual op part from the magnet trap left (since HP got adjusted) its clearly its range, maybe rocket/blaster/OS range would work

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Yup seems not sufficient. There could be still fighting in the last minutes (that's good because we dont want of play a CQ only centered on collect ores) and 10 seconds to collect its like "too long" that you have to be still in a fight.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I must say Magnet Trap has SB range, so im unsure if u got confused there.
Even without any bonuses like Eagle Cort and/or the Division drone the outer ring of the MT is in the blaster range so you can say that the SB is "just the best counter to an MT without the risk of having to enter the MTs AoE" cus SB can already be used way earlier.

As NGSpeed said, the actual op part from the magnet trap left (since HP got adjusted) its clearly its range, maybe rocket/blaster/OS range would work
If we would now consider the final part of range i would maybe say even go with the Aoe of the Ra units but maybe 20% larger(?). The "MT" of the Ra Units is decent enough imo but i guess that this was made due they are the (currently) only unit that cast the MT on themself rather then throwing any device down.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Another thing that this rework could have is a history of CQ battles for each planet, visible as a extra panel on planet's orbit (from the last to the first CQ and paginated if possible). Where we could see the clans who participated, teamsize and the results (including cryonite rewards). And in the starmap, where it previosly show when you put the mouse over a cq planet: "Commanded by clan X" it could show: "Last CQ battle won by clan X"

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AdvancedMine99
Rank
Clan
Mantis
I must say Magnet Trap has SB range, so im unsure if u got confused there.
Ya no. Try a bullfrog and you will see blue magnet traps do not have sb range. Rare/Ancient Traps should not actually have sb range yikes. They should have their range reduced to be the same as blue.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Even without any bonuses like Eagle Cort and/or the Division drone the outer ring of the MT is in the blaster range so you can say that the SB is "just the best counter to an MT without the risk of having to enter the MTs AoE" cus SB can already be used way earlier.

If we would now consider the final part of range i would maybe say even go with the Aoe of the Ra units but maybe 20% larger(?). The "MT" of the Ra Units is decent enough imo but i guess that this was made due they are the (currently) only unit that cast the MT on themself rather then throwing any device down.
We didn't ment Effect range of the skill, we ment use range of the skill, so basically from how far u can use the skill on a selected target.

Ya no. Try a bullfrog and you will see blue magnet traps do not have sb range. Rare/Ancient Traps should not actually have sb range yikes. They should have their range reduced to be the same as blue.
I really think u should try again, no matter which MT, they all have same range as SB, try it yourself lol

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AdvancedMine99
Rank
Clan
Mantis
I really think u should try again, no matter which MT, they all have same range as SB, try it yourself lol
I did try and blue did not have sb range but rare/ancient did lol

Status
Not open for further replies.