Status
Not open for further replies.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
50 % is defenetly too much ! 10 or 15 max 25 % that would be ok but half of life ?? no way , it makes the magnet trap absolutly useless especaly the lower space systems !

and it makes the RDX ships with magnet trap many unactractiv as they are now !
Hello Pilot,

Did you even tried the Magnet Trap with the recent changes to say if its useless or not?

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Hello Pilot,

Did you even tried the Magnet Trap with the recent changes to say if its useless or not?
I did test them.. It's frightening how much% HP has been taken away.. Sirius Magnettrap is much weaker i would say half less HP... The strong one is a desaster... no sooner has the trap been set than it is destroyed.. The rapid one has the best HP but it is just weak as the normal one.. So... Tau Ceti Magnetrap... It is also horrible Ancient Isis 82 make 5-10 HP Damage and Aggro bomb makes 20 and higher HP Damage.. I would say the Rapid one is quiet better.. Why you doing this to us ? Make this change for conquest, not for pve. It is really insane 50% is too much.. Half life of the normal trap is gone. Half life of the strong and rapid one.. Disappointed. Really. Sorry

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I did test them.. It's frightening how much% HP has been taken away.. Sirius Magnettrap is much weaker i would say half less HP... The strong one is a desaster... no sooner has the trap been set than it is destroyed.. The rapid one has the best HP but it is just weak as the normal one.. So... Tau Ceti Magnetrap... It is also horrible Ancient Isis 82 make 5-10 HP Damage and Aggro bomb makes 20 and higher HP Damage.. I would say the Rapid one is quiet better.. Why you doing this to us ? Make this change for conquest, not for pve. It is really insane 50% is too much.. Half life of the normal trap is gone. Half life of the strong and rapid one.. Disappointed. Really. Sorry
Calon best blue Trap*

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello Pilot,

Don't u think Magnet Trap was also quite OP on PvE? :p

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Hello Pilot,

Don't u think Magnet Trap was also quite OP on PvE? :p
No! It is only OP in PvP! Is this some kind of a new beacon? At least it is a trap not a turret or beacon. HP feels like a beacon.. Sorry.. a miracle that you have not changed the effectiveness but only HP.

Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Getagripx
Rank
Excuse me but I don't think the point of the magnet trap is be a deployable tank ship that soaks up damage, I reckon it still has more than enough HP to be perfectly usable (especially in PvE) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Ok maybe i´m missing but imo the MT is only a "short durating" beacon anyways. In compare to the normal beacon the MT at least drags aggro if a unit has not received any damage at all when it enters the MT range. Last time i see a droped beacon the AI didn´t really care for it hence not beeing hit 1 time lol.

Once it has at least been hit 1 time the aggro to the MT will be the same as with the beacon "not existing". I mostly use the MT only to "run away" from the AI rather then using it as an decoy. For the Chrom 1 OS is enough to get the aggro and for Slate 1 mine so MT would be useless anyways for those ships. Only other ship that uses the MT is frog and he "would benefit" from it due it only does single target damage and has no splash but then again it has the "useless" taunt so it is a pretty underused ship anyways hence having scram and SB as weapons :sweatgrinning:

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
In my last video I showed why the Chromian is actually broken with a relevant cooldown spreadsheet.
1) Speed Acuator is broken on any ship and especially on the Chromian, because the protector cycles insanely fast aswell.
compare table.JPG
The time displayed in "Speed off"/"Speed on" is the needed time to reactivate an item.
"Delta" is the time benefit when the Speed Acuator is active, so saving almost 14 seconds on Protector and 17,5 seconds on Repair Droid sounds really busted/overtuned to me.

2) Magnet Trap: I think the HP nerf will not be only a part of the solution.
The range would be better to be half of blaster range, so it is actually a "trap" and not an engage tool to force a dog fight. And this will seperate the Black Slate with his Quantum Leap from the Corundum, so BS needs to jump in and then trap enemies and CC has to "walk up" to the enemies.

dontbelive

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Emiya
Rank
Hello @HerrFox

It affects the skill itself, so it isn't something specifically restricted to Conquests.

As many players has said, this skill was outperforming in most aspects of the game and it needed a bit of balancing ;). That doesn't mean at all that the skill is now useless, its still a pretty strong item.
Don't agree, in PVP maybe it's outperforming but in PVE it's 50% is way to much. That's not called balancing it's just called making an item useless.
Leave it as it be in PVE but reduce it by half in PVP.
Or just reduce it by 25%. But not more.

We rely on this item on some missions specially in calon. Now without reduction the missions are hard but with this reduction will be way more harder. Just saying the second last mission in calon where u need to protect the 4 stations and enemies keep landing..

Water

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Water
The Magnet Trap may was OP in PVP i give you right , but doesnt OP in PVE !!! when you make Calon missions you are realy happy to have this magnet trap like it is now on life , when you have the MT like it is on PTR you will think about give up !

you can take 10 or 15 % of the HP but no 50 % , its like you would say we make the repair droide 50 % less

and you cant tell me that that is a real Balancing !!!

which balancing is it when you just look for PVP and forgett about PVE ???

Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Getagripx
Rank
The Magnet Trap may was OP in PVP i give you right , but doesnt OP in PVE !!! when you make Calon missions you are realy happy to have this magnet trap like it is now on life , when you have the MT like it is on PTR you will think about give up !

you can take 10 or 15 % of the HP but no 50 % , its like you would say we make the repair droide 50 % less

Funny thing I barely used chrome at all let alone rely on the magnet so much for my Calon sms yet that didn't stop me from doing them all, the vast majority of which in a sq of 3 with none of us having any boosters or even ms

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank

Hello Pilot,

We didn't forgot the PvE at all and we also took it into consideration, Magnet Trap is mostly used as an escape tool, and so, it doesn't really matter a lot sometimes the HP it has, since as long as u made the NPC's get stuck for few seconds, u are already out.

If you tried the change yourself on the PTR, u will quickly notice it still lasts enough to do the effect its supposed to do on those aspects :D.

I am the first one against making items useless, since i do think variety on games like this are one of the most important things, but Magnet Trap clearly had a dominant role both in PvP and PvE

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Let me get this straight.. You say 50% less HP for Magnettrap... Kk.. That means also for everything, right? Calon NPC's Magnettraps and larger Magnettraps on some Spots on Calon. Right? But .. Why is the NPC'S Traps Stronger than our Traps? Why is the Trap stronger in PvP and less Stronger in PvE(meaning in slowing down). It is impossible do Trap with this kind of balancing. It's always the same.. Anytime there is a new ship/item it will changed immediately after one or two years.. PvP ok. PvE? Not ok.

dontbelive

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Emiya
Rank
Let me get this straight.. You say 50% less HP for Magnettrap... Kk.. That means also for everything, right? Calon NPC's Magnettraps and larger Magnettraps on some Spots on Calon. Right? But .. Why is the NPC'S Traps Stronger than our Traps? Why is the Trap stronger in PvP and less Stronger in PvE(meaning in slowing down). It is impossible do Trap with this kind of balancing. It's always the same.. Anytime there is a new ship/item it will changed immediately after one or two years.. PvP ok. PvE? Not ok.
👍

First they should test the new ships and items by theirselves before release, so we don't get the taste of the item before it got changed after 1 or 2 years. Like it is now with the magnet trap.
Or like it was with the emperor or other dozen of ships. Everytime a "re-balancing". Not fair.

Do it immediately or leave it.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello @dontbelive,

First of all, as you can see, this isn't released yet, its actually on PTR = Public Test Realm, which means it didn't entered the release state on live servers, we are welcome to recieve any type of feedback and opinions.

Second part, we actually tested and tried it by ourselves before doing such changes. In those type of games such balancing are needed from time to time to keep everything healthy :p

Greetings,
Fission

HerrFox

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Herr_BlingBling
Rank
I don't really see any added value in integrating even more hurdles for the player into PvE through such changes and making the whole thing more difficult, I'm sorry. This change will cause frustration and many failures. The last thing we need now is additional barriers to progress. The difficulty level in Tau Ceti is, in my opinion, appropriately configured and set even without this change. It doesn't make sense for PvE, but it makes more sense for PvP, so that it remains balanced.

Water

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Water
well fission , i didnt say let it like it is , you can take the HP down but not for 50 % !!! 10 or 15 % that would be ok for both PVP and PVE but no way about 50 % !!

and how we use the magnet trap you should let the choice to us !

i use the MT not only for escaping !

15 would be better and when it is not enough you can take more but why you take 50% for the 1 try ??

Last edited:

dontbelive

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Emiya
Rank
Hello @dontbelive,

First of all, as you can see, this isn't released yet, its actually on PTR = Public Test Realm, which means it didn't entered the release state on live servers, we are welcome to recieve any type of feedback and opinions.

Second part, we actually tested and tried it by ourselves before doing such changes. In those type of games such balancing are needed from time to time to keep everything healthy :p

Greetings,
Fission
Hmm what u mean by balancing from time to time? look what happened to the healer ships, they takes more aggro than taunt ever do, look how much the emperor got weakend several times. But what about the other things like Beacon, Taunt, Aggrobomb. They still not optimized as we (players) posted lot of times here. They don't get "balanced" and that's not "Healthy" at all.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I must say i find it funny how insane the rage is for the (currently) planed change of the MT due it will receive less HP... For me the MT was never really ment to be an item that serves as some sort of "small tank" that eats tons of dmg so that the Pilots have more time to pick out the units 1 by 1. For me the MT was more an "enhanced" Aggro Beacon cus in compare to the Beacon it had an AoE that directly works AND drags the aggro directly if the units have not been attacked.

For the Beacon i always have the feeling that it has a delay before it "actually works" and if you just wanna pass some units and not have them on your tail the beacon did not really help imo. MT is more like "drop it and the effect kicks in and thx to the slowing effect the units changed the aggro in a flash". Again only if the units have not been attack at least 1 time cus otherwise the aggro would still remain on the Pilot. However with the MT you still could escape way easier due the slowed units may "lose you" or it gives enough distance so that they are not more in firerange.

And as mentioned before if you fly Chrom or Slate 1 OS or 1 Mine and the MT is not helping anymore cus the aggro switches to the pilot rather then stay at the MT.

Why is the NPC'S Traps Stronger than our Traps? Why is the Trap stronger in PvP and less Stronger in PvE(meaning in slowing down).
Cus as always NPC mostly have a slight advantage with their items and resistance to certain things. From what i have heared the DR DDroid should be pretty weak in compare to the Hator DDroid that can easily eat a minimum of 25% to a max of 75% while used against NPCs it does nearly nothing. Can´t confirm this information though cus i don´t have the Kodiak but from my experience it was always the case that "totaly insane NPC Items" are way less effective when used by players.

Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Getagripx
Rank
Like @Vesperion and I already said, the MT was never supposed to be a deployable tank (a better version of the aggrobeacon). Its sole purpose is to slow down enemies to allow for us players to either escape or prevent an enemy unit from escaping. The only thing that matters regarding the MT's HP is whether or not it's enough to give us those 2-3 seconds that we need to escape from (or catch up to) an enemy after using the item which it clearly still does despite the 50% cut to its HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.