New Raven Component Ideas

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Is the locust a good ship for PvE? Are we going to the Marvel cinematic multiverse?

1724770184458.png

I think you can be Jesus Christ and this ship will still be bad

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
There are no useless ships,only players who dont know how use it in proper way
but for them better says is useless than admit they are too dump to know how use it.

Raven are important but sadly old ship supper on that.
Not sure if You remember when Locust show up,how many players want him as best pvp ship also decend on pve.
Now is similar to all old parsecs - no one use it cause rdx ships are better.
I dont mind new ships,more ravens or more powerfull than exist ones to make game alive and sense to play when you done all,but in other hand why exist 100+ ships if max 10 is best and rest not really need for anything anymore.

I be more glad see ideas how make old ships playable again than see only future new ones.
Not so long ago para was best grind ship,now harpy is and anyone who have it play it and stop use para anymore.
If every 2-3 years become new ship make you best not anymore best then its just circle.You grind 1 ship to buy another to grind more for example.
In short - you grind 10mln cryo to make best grind ship to grind it next 10mln cryo to get new better grind ship XD
That not sound right special that if you grab better grind ship old stop be "must have" and sit on hangar or sell lost half cryo.
Maybe is time have more "work" for right ship ?
Some new challenges what can be done "only on specific ship" as we have on venar where must buy humback.
If somehow cant add here daily missions,perhaps can add challenges every day for week/month where you need use specific ship to earn "worth" prices.
Then perhaps all ships will be worth to have.
Do you realize that its obvious that for PVE there will easily be a "best" ship for cryonite and a best ship for missions because that's how limited pve is? you also shouldn't do """"challenges"""" like many gacha F2P games that FORCE you (not WORTH) to have specific ships just because its a requisite generated because of YES, i honestly can't imagine how you came to this conclusion.

Locust is still a viable ship used from time to time on PvP, not sure how you expect it to be a top performer in PvE with the items it has.

And yes, some ships can certainly be useless / not well designed if their items don't really combine / make sense with each other.

"OLD" ships are playable again, and they always been playable, maybe its just not the "BEST" ship, but they are playable, just because you don't get 10000% profit per hour it doesn't mean it can't be played, if you want more options that offer a lot of different scenarios i suggest you get into PvP, as that's where many ships can fit a role into specific scenarios.

A ship that has highest DPS will always be the best one for cryonite PVE farming period, as that's what PVE farming is about, getting the most damage per second. You can farm cryonite in a storm parsec if you wish, but you won't get as much and that's LOGICAL.

Jackal

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Jackal
Rank
There are no useless ships,only players who dont know how use it in proper way
but for them better says is useless than admit they are too dump to know how use it.
Of course there are ships with dumb skill combinations, there are modules with no synergy.
For example: Aim Computer, Perforator and Attack Charge with Mines.

Not sure if You remember when Locust show up,how many players want him as best pvp ship also decend on pve.
The Locust was never good on PvE.

The rest of your answer talks about another topic, this is the "New Raven Components Ideas" thread, to talk about the balance of other prototypes you can create another one.
Para is better than Harpy is some scenarios but in general the Harpy is more balanced and the Para is more focused around having several of them in squad.
I can't speak for those who only play PvE, but as a PvP player I don't grind for the new ship with the previous one, I just enjoy having more options in conquests. In PvE I assume is less likely to have variety as some ships are really good for it and the enemy Mantis or Ancients or whatever aren't evolving to counter the most used ship.

PS: Last patch fixed a lot of problems already, so I don't know if you are not active or you didn't notice the changes, but in PvP almost all ships are viable and worth to have.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
For my standards this is a meme build:

So I don't know XD
The challenge is: Everyone has his own standards what would count as meme build and what is a serious build. So the same could even count if you wold make a config that someone says "what kind of build should this be?1?".

Jackal

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Jackal
Rank
The challenge is: Everyone has his own standards what would count as meme build and what is a serious build. So the same could even count if you wold make a config that someone says "what kind of build should this be?1?".
That's the problem, not knowing if your build is viable and wasting other people's time.
Not all opinions are valid, I know this is shocking for today's standards but it's the truth.
No one asks a plumber to fix his car.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Would like to see a combination of Repairfield, Allies Cover and Scope Shifter:

View attachment 53941

Also have some Ideas for additional Mantis Ships:

Mantis Vega Custodian Comander

View attachment 53942

Mantis Antares Repogrub

View attachment 53943

Mantis Gemini Resurrector
(replace model of Mantis Gemini Engineer with small Mender model)

View attachment 53951

Mantis Mizar Saboteur

View attachment 53946

Mantis Sol Minelayer

View attachment 53947

Mantis Draconis Signor

(replace model of Mantis Draconis Defender with Defender model)

View attachment 53948

Ancient Sirius Sejmet

View attachment 53949

Mantis Tau Ceti Grifter

View attachment 53950

View attachment 53941

View attachment 53942

Mantis Antares Repogrub

View attachment 53943

View attachment 53951

Mantis Mizar Saboteur

View attachment 53946

Mantis Sol Minelayer

View attachment 53947

Mantis Draconis Signor

View attachment 53948

Ancient Sirius Sejmet

View attachment 53949

Mantis Tau Ceti Grifter

View attachment 53950
These fanmade created config isn't good or bad. We don't need mantis like item configs.

What we need is a sixth ring in sirius to hunt down the newer ancients ship what we saw so far on calon. What i want from the devs is the first ancient ship which is much more like a prototype useable for all systems. In the end they have good stuff, i know they have.

I was never a fan o mantis created ships. If the mantis ships were to transmit a kind of "fake id" to the mantis in the area (if you don't shoot anything or behave conspicuously, of course), it would be interesting.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Im so excited for the sixth sirius ring :LOL:
726a74261516cc6fe1a71e30a88a9137.png

Besides, isn't that completely off-topic....?

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Disagree and dislike it only proved that players are the problem, not the ships :ROFLMAO:

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Of course there are ships with dumb skill combinations, there are modules with no synergy.
For example: Aim Computer, Perforator and Attack Charge with Mines.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Redthorne

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Redthorne
Rank
Clan
Shamrock

View attachment 53941

View attachment 53942

Mantis Antares Repogrub

View attachment 53943

View attachment 53951

Mantis Mizar Saboteur

View attachment 53946

Mantis Sol Minelayer

View attachment 53947

Mantis Draconis Signor

View attachment 53948

Ancient Sirius Sejmet

View attachment 53949

Mantis Tau Ceti Grifter

View attachment 53950
If we're doing mob combinations, I'd like the Ancient Seth with Speed/Scram/Scope/SB 🤣

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Disagree and dislike it only proved that players are the problem, not the ships :ROFLMAO:
Hello @hektor.barbossa,

The reason why i added a disagree specifically to that post is because it sounds quite weird to say that all ships are good but players are the problem, while in fact there are ship that are better or strictly worse, which means some combination of items would then mean some ships are straight useless.

Thats the reason why we try to design Raven ships that have interesting combinations of items and fill a missing role or concept that can either fit on PvE, PvP, CQ's, or all of them. This means we can't just spam all sort of "funny" tech combos that won't have any real gameplay besides the first minutes of reaction from the community.

I would please advise everyone to try to be as polite as possible in this dicussion and to remain on the topic itself and not just throw all kinds of food to the salad, that won't help at all and it will lead to more confusions than anything else.

Thank you all for your contributions.

Sincerely,
Fission

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
I don't like the fact that people are judging a config "making sense" or not.
Some config made for the ravens for me are completely useless and i don't see their logic.
The player give sense to a config, but as Fission said, some config are better than other.
I like all the config proposed here, it can be fun.

Saying what config would be good to implement or not is purely not usefull.
Don't forget that a config can be fun without being OP or META or idk.

PS : even with meta, i love Locust, Granit, Black Opal , and the 4 basic parsec ships.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Hello @hektor.barbossa,

The reason why i added a disagree specifically to that post is because it sounds quite weird to say that all ships are good but players are the problem, while in fact there are ship that are better or strictly worse, which means some combination of items would then mean some ships are straight useless.

Thats the reason why we try to design Raven ships that have interesting combinations of items and fill a missing role or concept that can either fit on PvE, PvP, CQ's, or all of them. This means we can't just spam all sort of "funny" tech combos that won't have any real gameplay besides the first minutes of reaction from the community.

I would please advise everyone to try to be as polite as possible in this dicussion and to remain on the topic itself and not just throw all kinds of food to the salad, that won't help at all and it will lead to more confusions than anything else.

Thank you all for your contributions.

Sincerely,
Fission
When You saw 4 full ancient Mysts pods in Boss You cant pretend oh yes crap ships,players are pro,must be ship problem XD
But i get You point.
Better be blind and deaf that says own observations.

Thats the reason why we try to design Raven ships that have interesting combinations of items and fill a missing role or concept that can either fit on PvE, PvP, CQ's, or all of them.
Great !!
Hope parsec will get same attention.

Jackal

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Jackal
Rank
If a configuration is useless for you because you don't like PvP for example, it does not matter, you are not forced to buy and use it.
Having a ship that makes sense is important tough, because the Raven Event is not the place for a fun meme build, the company will lose money and the players will lose a good oportunity to enjoy a ship for more than 2 days, specially now with all the hype around conquests and PvP in general.
For PvE you can use whatever you want, it does not matter 95% of the time, because is not competitive.

Sorry for being too honest but I think most people don't have enough knowledge to even give a proper opinion about something like a new Raven Ship.
Nowadays people tend to encourage all kinds of opinions, and that's lovely and cute, but I would prefer only opinions of experienced people just to avoid misinformation and future problems no matter the topic.
If someone for example says the Black Opal is a bad ship, I don't care because I assume that player is not experienced enough to be taken seriously, but in a thread like this, devs may read something they think is useful and waste time considering that idea, which is not ideal.

In summary, this will sound rude but not all opinions are worth listening to.