Feedback Thread · Items Overhaul Public Test

Git Gud

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
XxRebelxX
Rank
I don't think strong mat needed the cooldown buff to only 45 seconds and the nerf on long mat to 80 seconds. :ROFLMAO:

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
I don't think strong mat needed the cooldown buff to only 45 seconds and the nerf on long mat to 80 seconds. :ROFLMAO:
Read again, they did the exact opposite.
Strong > 80s
Long > 45s

daniel48090

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Artix
Rank
  • Quantum Leap unintended behaviour when the target is out of range
I can say with certainty that it does affect Scope Shifters at Quantum Leap distance. However, I understand that you suggested it because the changes are not as obvious as with the Repair Field.

The tests were done with Strong Scope Shifters vs Strong Quantum Leap.

The distance of the jump is reduced by half, but it is not expected to believe that it will make a mini-jump. They still maintain enough margin to escape magnetic traps or depositioning.

Jackal

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Jackal
Rank
I've tested it today with Sirius Tech and the results were a little bit confusing, but I don't know the math behind so I can't be 100% sure it's a bug or just an intented feature (for example range modifiers could be additive instead of multiplicative).
The range value information was obtained via mission marker.

It does affect the range, but not with the same % as other components, for example, using the long scope shifter the results were as follows (I will add rounded range values without and with AR1 Division drone):
  • The Blaster range (305/350) was decreased by 40% (185) without drone and by 35% (230) with drone.
  • The Strong Quantum Leap (915/1050) was decreased by 34% (600) and 31% (725) respectively.
I know these tests should be done with only ancient variants to correctly isolate the main variables, but I wanted to test what I experienced in my previous Sirius Conquest, that's why I've chosen these specific variants.

Also the Quantum Leap behaviour when you have an out of range target does not match the patch notes intended behaviour, so I assume that's a bug.

daniel48090

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Artix
Rank
This affects : Blaster, Rockets, Thermoblasts, Sniper blasters, Orbital strikes, Attack charges, sticky bombs and Long minelayers
It's even worse for the regular blaster, where the strong variant allows weaving other items during the cooldown at no dps loss, making it far superior to the other two options.

I'd like to see more in depth changes. Rapid snipers having more range, rapid blasters having a better crit rate,
strong orbital strikes taking more time to detonate, rapid bombs having 100% minimum damage... These are just ideas, but could really shake up a stale ship building meta.
At least, it'd be nice to see the damage of agile variants slightly buffed (10% would suffice) to give incentive to build differently than full strong everywhere.
I agree with the idea.

I know that any suggestion would require a considerable amount of analysis and testing time. But certainly in Pirate Galaxy there is a big gap between using Ancient Agile and Standard technology for damage items and some others.

Just modify statistics and some casting times. How to have a reference scheme that could be like this:

Ancient Rapids: Increased critical rate, reduced hit rate, and 0.00s cast time.

Ancient Standard and Gold:

Normal critical/hit rate and 0.05s cast time

Ancient strong:

Reduced critical rate, increased hit rate, and 0.1 cast time.

This would lead to adding features to other technologies such as the Aim Scrambler, where for example:

Ancient Long: Critical Hit dodge rate increased, Impact dodge rate reduced.

Ancient Strong: Critical Hit Dodge Rate reduced, Hit Dodge Rate increased.

Ancient Standard: Balanced Hit and Critical Dodge Rate.

Something like this would take time to analyze, modify and implement, but I think it would better help pilots choose what type of strategy to use when playing without losing effectiveness in the technological variety. It would be nice if modifications of this type were not forgotten.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Public PTR is closed now and we are preparing the live release for tomorrow. Full changelog will be posted today.
Thanks everyone for helping out with feedback and testing. :)

leo

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
- Ghetto Queen -
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
Public PTR is closed now and we are preparing the live release for tomorrow. Full changelog will be posted today.
:(

Pokaru

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Pokaru
Clan
-

LESSSS GOOOOOOO
1000005541.jpg

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Danngg caaan't wait to see these changes on the live server 😍 i'm on vacation thats bad and good in this situation 😬

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Danngg caaan't wait to see these changes on the live server 😍 i'm on vacation thats bad and good in this situation 😬
You know the rule: Never play on patch day :p
Espacially when it is such a major one chances are that even with the PTR something unforseen may happen or occur ;)

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
You know the rule: Never play on patch day :p
Espacially when it is such a major one chances are that even with the PTR something unforseen may happen or occur ;)
Our fellow devs are gonna work that out. I'll be back in a week😜😬

Queen Myrrah

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Myrrah
Rank
Clan
EL HOLANDES HERRANTE
Could you bring back the armours of Vega ships, it is so requiered in coqnuests 'cause most of the times storm ships one shot every ship with a critical missile hit all but tank of course. We need back the armours of Vega ships...

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Could you bring back the armours of Vega ships, it is so requiered in coqnuests 'cause most of the times storm ships one shot every ship with a critical missile hit all but tank of course. We need back the armours of Vega ships...
I can agree with that. The ancient repair droide and the strong repair droides are simply too strong for the weak bullwark armor. The gold techs are still within reason, but the relation ship level 10 uncustomized with level 15 techs ancient/strong/long/rapid is simply a massacre.

Either the techs have to be adjusted based on the level 10 ships or a level 15 armor is needed, so that this doesn't happen. If the techs were reduced to level 10, the Antares system would also have to be adapted and that's where the mischief begins. Botching up the system. That wouldn't be the right way to go. Apart from the fact that it was once mentioned that the Antares system should be revised as it was done with vega. I don't want to mention any false names, but as far as I remember the speech in forum came from Delloda. Thats the same guy that came up with the idea of the "Hard Mode" Pirate Mode but that's off topic.

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
As the update is Successful. Are we going to get another devshack now? So we can elaborate about new updates a bit before the public test release?:)

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
As the update is Successful. Are we going to get another devshack now? So we can elaborate about new updates a bit before the public test release?:)
Wouldn't be wrong in itself, except that with the release of the "playerbased invasion" the old devshack would be complete and then a new one would have to be initiated.

dr.claw

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Chancellor Gowron
Rank
Clan
the outlaws solaria
Devs what have you done.......

you totaly messed up leap without a target , prot is toiletpaper , Tc blaster vs r4 GT is 2hp a shot if it even hits ( 9 misfire in a row) ........ if you guys do rework do it proper way not killing PG even more

Pokaru

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Pokaru
Clan
-
Devs what have you done.......

you totaly messed up leap without a target , prot is toiletpaper , Tc blaster vs r4 GT is 2hp a shot if it even hits ( 9 misfire in a row) ........ if you guys do rework do it proper way not killing PG even more

Womp womp.....

space mercenary

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
.Loxus.
Rank
check the corruption turrets from erebos there is a bug with the animation of the corruption clouds