What's new

#7 Tau Ceti Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score

Hey Space Pirates,

the team is very happy that the first Tau Ceti content update was well received by most players. This drives our motivation even more to create updates the community will enjoy.

Since we now sorted most of the major issues fixed that surfaced with the update we can now proceed with part 2. Thanks for everyone that helped to report and reproduce the issues and provided additional feedback. It helped us to track those nasty issues to their root :)

Time to update you on what to expect for Tau Ceti part 2 and give you the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback like on previous dev shacks.

Tau Ceti Part 2
On part 2 the story will continue and will mostly take place in lower system planets. (Part 3 & 4 will each will have a new story planet in case you wonder.) Roughly you can expect the content to have about the same scope as of Part 1.

Planned Changes
  • ~ 10 new Story missions that will continue from Tau Ceti Part 1
  • ~ 130 Regular missions to gather new tech
  • Ability to farm TC tech together with 3 new item types
  • Ability to farm/unlock 3 new TC ships
  • New Tau Ceti Conquest planet
  • Improved Sirius Blueprint Rotation to further reduce randomness
  • Ability to situational change existing planets with new units and world events
  • Raise max player level to 91
  • Introduce first armor for ne0n ships & unlock parsec armor

The release of Part 2 is planned for early 2019. In between we are working on a Dino Storm update since the community expect to get an update as well. But this will not delay Tau Ceti since it's already planned into the given release window.

To involve our creative community even more we thought that this time you can design and decide how the layout of the new conquest planet in Tau Ceti should be like. Map Structure, Controlpoint locations, landing locations + radius etc. have to be defined. We will prepare a special Forum Thread where the details will be explained. Together with a map template that you can use. Details on that will be posted soon.

TC_Part2_NeonShip03.jpg
TC_Part2_NeonShip02.jpg
TC_Part2_NeonShip01.jpg
TC_Part2_NeonShip04.jpg

During development we will post more infos and new images within this thread.

Google's translation bad? Community translations of this changelog will get linked here (author's name included)!
Deutsche Übersetzung (von Gladiator) https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=243&t=41875#p195383
En Español (Traducido por destroier6): https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=430&p=195379#p195379
Traduction française par Fra_592 : ici

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
- Are the changes belonging to sirius part of tc part 2 or can we expect changes there before "early 2019" ?

- "~ 130 Regular missions to gather new tech" do we need white missions to be able to get the next strongest blueprints or is this just a hint for new white missions?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Gladiator said:
1. Are the changes belonging to sirius part of tc part 2 or can we expect changes there before "early 2019" ?

2. "~ 130 Regular missions to gather new tech" do we need white missions to be able to get the next strongest blueprints or is this just a hint for new white missions?
1. Its possible that we are able to release the Sirius change earlier.

2. You will need to finish a milestone story quest to be able to access the TC part 2 content since It will affect some older planets. The mentioned white missions are there to guide players to the location of the BPs.

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
3. "Ability to situational change existing planets with new units and world events" this sounds like a GM Tool for Spawn events, doesnt it?

4. "Introduce first armor for ne0n ships & unlock parsec armor" & "Ability to farm TC tech together with 3 new item types" are we able to do the current TC missions with these new Equipement and Armor?

5. Where are we able to find the new things since there is now place for new Items on Vénar?

PS: ive got the german Translation ready, i will translate the questions together with the Answers as well :)

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
How many tiers of tech will there be for part 2?

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Wow, nice work in the update, early 2019, uhm, this can be anything :LOL:

Darkos

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
Seems awesome !

Can't wait to help you with the CQ map ! But the design of your ships .. they seem to be methanoid inspired or am i wrong ? The first one remind me the ship of mehoth ( the best of the game by the way xd ) Even the current ones.
Maybe the methanoids are involved in the missions that you will release.. :eek:

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Darkos said:
Maybe the methanoids are involved in the missions that you will release.. :eek:
Oh, you're alive :eek:
They are already present pretty much everywhere on the current Vénar, so yeah i guess we aren't done with them.

Highway said:
  • Ability to situational change existing planets with new units and world events
Can't wait to see what you gonna do with that :)

gogueto

Reaction score
in which part the level 91 bps will be in venar
  it is good enough that they also need the help of the community
:?: :)

kaysmeets

Reaction score
there is a ship that looks pretty similar to the plus refiner drone, pretty cool made. by the way, i see ability to farm TC tech together whit 3 new item types. what do you guys mean whit his? also nice art whit the ships, well made

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
That last ship looks a lot like the mutilator parsec. :eek:

gogueto

Reaction score
NoMeSeLaContraseña said:
Oh, btw, Is Pirate Galaxy gonna be published on Steam?

Sorry for this offtopic question :p
that's out of the question this is about the questions about the tau ceti update part 2 :sneaky:

flyingjumper

Reaction score
Hi together, first of all its nice to see, that TC is going to be continued "soon". But i got a few question about that, what u wrote down, so:

1: u said, there would be around 130 new regular Missions for new Tech, is it a Technology for Tau Ceti ( cause than this would be 4 item levels, if i am correct, cause we actually got 64bps and 2 item levels, or is a technologoy compared to the ancient Tech for the lower systems, cause in the end (if u count the sol-mizar defender items aswell) there are 132 technologies from vega to draconis.

2: will we be able to do the actual missions in TC with the new Armor for the Ne0n ships and the Parsec-Class?

3: i Understand if u say, that the dinostorm community is waiting for the update aswell, but a small reminder for u, we waited for like 4 years for anything to happen in PG and we always were told u were in developing something for TC while u only did something for Dino Storm and u lost nearly more than the half of the playbase in korell in that time, cause nothing happend. So, do we really have to wait again, cause dinostorm needs a new update?

4: are there coming more restrictions like the one, that u have to buy a fixed ship for a mission and cant start the mission without it? i dont hope so

greetings
flyingjumper

crazywhiteboii

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
--UnkNOWn--
Rank
Clan
Silhouette Assassins
Dino Storm is horrible played it for like 10min and it was boring really fast, Just continue with great updates for PG. After waiting for 4 yrs i think we really need all the updates and new content ASAP !!!

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Gladiator said:
3. "Ability to situational change existing planets with new units and world events" this sounds like a GM Tool for Spawn events, doesnt it?

4. "Introduce first armor for ne0n ships & unlock parsec armor" & "Ability to farm TC tech together with 3 new item types" are we able to do the current TC missions with these new Equipement and Armor?

5. Where are we able to find the new things since there is now place for new Items on Vénar?
3, 4 & 5: That part might sound fancier that it might be, since we are still figuring out a good way to implement it. The goal of this feature is to be able to use old planets but change some of their elements, units etc. based on the player progress (Milestone Storymission and equipment). We want to achieve this without separating players in different instances. The new item bps can then be found on these unlocked & modified planets. So you will require to finish part 1 before you can get the new tech from part 2.

Heavy artillery said:
How many tiers of tech will there be for part 2?
Two tiers, like in part 1.

Darkos said:
Can't wait to help you with the CQ map !
Looking forward too :) I guess next week we are ready for the post the info about this.

kaysmeets said:
i see ability to farm TC tech together whit 3 new item types. what do you guys mean whit his?
Part 2 will introduce 3 new item types/skills that the new player ships and enemies will use.
More on that later on this dev shack. :)

flyingjumper said:
1: u said, there would be around 130 new regular Missions for new Tech, is it a Technology for Tau Ceti ( cause than this would be 4 item levels, if i am correct, cause we actually got 64bps and 2 item levels, or is a technologoy compared to the ancient Tech for the lower systems, cause in the end (if u count the sol-mizar defender items aswell) there are 132 technologies from vega to draconis.

3: i Understand if u say, that the dinostorm community is waiting for the update aswell, but a small reminder for u, we waited for like 4 years for anything to happen in PG and we always were told u were in developing something for TC while u only did something for Dino Storm and u lost nearly more than the half of the playbase in korell in that time, cause nothing happend. So, do we really have to wait again, cause dinostorm needs a new update?

4: are there coming more restrictions like the one, that u have to buy a fixed ship for a mission and cant start the mission without it? i dont hope so
1. Its a rough estimation for the quest count. There will be more i guess since we introduce 3 new item types. In that mission count are also kill quests, races, harvester hunts etc. The wording was no ideal ;)

3. That's exactly the reason why we don't want to do the same mistake again as having to long gaps between updates. Pirate Galaxy recently received bigger updates in preparation of TC and the first content update with TC part 1. Don't see the other games as rivaly, they help each other to get going ;)

4. There might be some elements in the quests to provide some fresh variety.

Traduction française par Fra_592 : ici

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
[color=#FF0000 said:
Highway[/color]"]3, 4 & 5: That part might sound fancier that it might be, since we are still figuring out a good way to implement it. The goal of this feature is to be able to use old planets but change some of their elements, units etc. based on the player progress (Milestone Storymission and equipment). We want to achieve this without separating players in different instances. The new item bps can then be found on these unlocked & modified planets. So you will require to finish part 1 before you can get the new tech from part 2.
Would be very intresting to see. But before you use mars or other plantes in sol (because the ships were shown there in your pictures) for plans like these, i would like to see people on jupiter, uranus and neptun or on one of their famous moons (titan, europa, Triton,....). The sol system looks very empty with these plantes where is nothing you can do except staying their in orbit. Maybe you kan put a hangar there and a complete planet on the moon, like colossus and lyris, beacause its a gas planet somewhere :-D

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Got a feeling the last tau ceti ship on the picture might have a name like ne0n-? Scorpion.

cob

Reaction score
Olá, pilotos.
Creio que a maioria de vocês devem concordar comigo quando digo que a "descriptação" não foi uma boa ideia, pois isso atrapalha o progresso no jogo, além de vários jogadores reclamarem da "descriptação".
Acredito que se retirassem a descriptação vários jogadores irão voltar a jogar esse jogo maravilhoso que é o Pirate Galaxy.

Obrigado a todos.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
cob said:
Olá, pilotos.
Creio que a maioria de vocês devem concordar comigo quando digo que a "descriptação" não foi uma boa ideia, pois isso atrapalha o progresso no jogo, além de vários jogadores reclamarem da "descriptação".
Acredito que se retirassem a descriptação vários jogadores irão voltar a jogar esse jogo maravilhoso que é o Pirate Galaxy.

Obrigado a todos.
100% agree, if I was a developer, i would think twice in what i would do for example i would think how people would think if we gave them a restriction forcing players to stick with siri tech in sirius. I would also think twice about the dependancy system.
In brief i would do what makes the community happy. Now the developers have seen our opinions and views about the unnecessary restriction about no tc tech in sirius but they don't seem to care as much which is bad.
If i scroll through the forum, read the feedback about this and i was a developer, i would try and change that as it would make the players happier. What's the point in running a game that you know the players don't find fun anymore.
Hold on! There was a dependancy system for tc stuff but of course they had to do the same for lower tech rares really?! Now i'm sure the devs knew how we react with that and unfortunatly to me, making that new decryption thing for lower systems was a complete waste of time. Please, as a reflection take our advice and think twice whether what you make makes the community happy. I have said this many times before, if it only goes like this then the game won't get far. It's your decision.
This is my very honest view.

Status
Not open for further replies.