Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
KillerSoldier
Rank
Clan
Illuminati
according to the meme Eredin posted we´ll receive some details about the release of TC4 between now and 18/07/3100 :facepalm:

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Questions regarding new update of TC4: @Highway

Narokath said:
  • Added 72 new regular blueprints.
  • Added 36 new rare blueprints.
In 72 regular blueprints, ne0n-9 and ne0n-10 spaceships are included probably from hunting specific units, or gained by missions completion.

So far as I remember, from TC4 we have total of 10 ne0n ships, and should have 2 rare ships that use abilities from the previous TC parts. Are those ships counted in those 36 new rare blueprints?

I expected new rare spaceships to be announced as well, and I hope they are made.

Last question: You haven't announced 2 New items that come on ne0n-9 and ne0n-10 like in last parts. Is that also a surprise?

p.s. I didn't expect TC4 planet to be located in new star system, but I expected to gain an access to it after TC4 missions. Very good job for that! :D

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AdvancedMine99
Rank
Clan
Mantis
No mention of rocket aoe or magnet array fields in update so are they getting range boost/penalty changes as well?
Sad to see no change to aggrobeacon.

Sure asura cortex will be fun since 25% reduction is stronger than ifrit 25% more damage. Forever active while in combat in a phoenix!

Were the tau ceti cq ship and items buffed for tc4 as well?

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
So far as I remember, from TC4 we have total of 10 ne0n ships, and should have 2 rare ships that use abilities from the previous TC parts. Are those ships counted in those 36 new rare blueprints?
Yeah i remember this info about 2 rare ships as well but when you do the math it gives exactly 36 items so either the idea of 2 rare ships was scraped or they will be implemented later or the 2 new ne0n ships are the ones that where ment to be the rare ships but changed to regular ships now.

You can go even further as it was stated the following for BPs:
Added 72 new regular blueprints.
Added 36 new rare blueprints.
Based on this information and with our knowledge that 36 items exist it confirms at this point that it will give 2 tech levels again where the first will be item level 97 and the second item level 99 so either the new ships are given during the story at some point and so are not counted in the list or where overlooked as then it would have to mean that it gives 74 new regular BPs or 38 new Rare BPs

p.s. I didn't expect TC4 planet to be located in new star system, but I expected to gain an access to it after TC4 missions. Very good job for that! :D
I think with the TC4 trailer that already rolled in February it was a given that a new system will come due of the new Stargate we have seen. However the system only seem to have the Cort Planet for the Asura Cortex and the Mantis Homeworld Planet Erebos.

So the question here is if this system will be expanded at some point to get some more Planets or if it will stay and so be the smallest system in terms of Planets as even TC1 has at least 3 Planets.

Added 9 new and extensive story missions.
Mission progress is non-linear. Completing some of the new story missions has a direct effect on the starting conditions of other story missions.
This is something that is a bit vague for me in terms of the "non-linear" info. Does it mean that then the next mission can be easier or harder if you have completed/failed a certain task in the previous mission? Can we "change" this if we redo a previous mission and "do it better" or will it stay in the condition it is in + how will it affect the flying in Squad balance in terms of spawning units and stuff? Will it give for this new sort of missino aproach give an updated Mission Window or will we have to figure it out by ourself what affects the missions?

What i also faer considering that it only has 9 Story missions is that those are either tediously long with at least 30-60 mins+ or have insane fail conditions ala "one Squadmember pods/leaves the area and mission fails hence the remaining squad is still alive/inside the area" again.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Last question: You haven't announced 2 New items that come on ne0n-9 and ne0n-10 like in last parts. Is that also a surprise?
The two new and rare ships that come with TC Part 4 will finally use each 4 of the new items we have introduced in the past parts. These are the ships designed for these items.

The listing of the rare blueprints only contains items. Ships are not part if it.

Were the tau ceti cq ship and items buffed for tc4 as well?
Yes they will be adjusted to match the new item strength introduced with the upcoming update.

This is something that is a bit vague for me in terms of the "non-linear" info. Does it mean that then the next mission can be easier or harder if you have completed/failed a certain task in the previous mission?
It means that you can play all the new missions in any order you like. You can go even go directly heads on to the queen. But certainly there are multiple missions that will increase the chance that you are not directly annihalated on the showdown. :devilish: Through the story you will get hints about what will change by the missions. So you will have some flexibility what you what missions you want to play first. The missions are long, complex and challenging but rewarding at the same time.

No mention of rocket aoe or magnet array fields in update so are they getting range boost/penalty changes as well?
Spawned objects like turrets, beacons, mines, orbitals will not get ther range shortened or extended. Thats why the magnet array is not affected by it.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Highway said:
It means that you can play all the new missions in any order you like. You can go even go directly heads on to the queen. But certainly there are multiple missions that will increase the chance that you are not directly annihalated on the showdown. :devilish: Through the story you will get hints about what will change by the missions. So you will have some flexibility what you what missions you want to play first. The missions are long, complex and challenging but rewarding at the same time.
Thanks for the explanation. So these 2 are the rare ships for TC4.

Regarding missions, the harder it is, more challenging it's for me. I'll probably assemble a squad and as a 1st mission, I'll challenge Queen directly head on to see what we can do. I hope that it'll be very challenging (unless we're annihilated right away 😄).

KillerSoldier_

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
KillerSoldier
Rank
Clan
Illuminati
as it is part of the upcoming update:
Mizar/Sol Defender and Sniper Rares, previously only available through in-game events, will now drop in Mizar and Sol respectively.
Will only the rare prints be added or is there also a chance that corresponding ancient variants will be added to drop in sirius ring 5?

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
would be strange to see something like ,,tau ceti ancient blaster" because these are already ancient techs, or am i wrong @Highway ? besides ne0n ships are created by the pirates

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Will only the rare prints be added or is there also a chance that corresponding ancient variants will be added to drop in sirius ring 5?
But then please only with an added new Boss Unit that will drop those item. The pool of items for each current variant is already big enough and adding at least 24 more items to the pool would backfire at some point considering my ">>>speculation<<<" of the rotation for the items as it currently seems to be the case.

In regards of Allies Cover (i think a new test will be required when the update drops) will there also be the issue fixed that it no changes/selects a new target when one is out of reach? In my test with the Allies Cover i noticed this what can create an issue as in case of "useless links" like with an turret or even the DDroid it can mean that links are lost when the unit is out of range or destroyed or the player poded and another could get linked with the Wolf.

The two new and rare ships that come with TC Part 4 will finally use each 4 of the new items we have introduced in the past parts. These are the ships designed for these items.
Atm it is mainly speculation but from the description of both ships it seems that the Fox will have Scope, Cloud and Magnet Trap and Gorilla will have the Chain and DI at least.

Considering all exiting TC4 items i assume that the 4th Item for Fox will be Cover and for Gorilla it then will be Leap and DDroid and so think that we will have the following Item layout for those ships:
ne0n-9 Flying Fox:
ne0n-9 Flying Fox.jpg

ne0n-10 Gorilla
ne0n-10 Gorilla.jpg

KillerSoldier_

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
KillerSoldier
Rank
Clan
Illuminati
There is no plan for ancient TC items. Best items will be the TC rares.
i didn´t mean any ancient tc-blueprints. my intention was to ask if there will also blueprints like "mizar ancient sniperblaster" be added, as their rare prints should be available without an event running. or did i get it wrong? :confused:

Z0ckt

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Z0ckt
Rank
But doesn't that completely destroy the storyline if the story is no longer linear? I can't really imagine how that would work. How do you know the correct order of the missions if they are all already available? Then there is the danger of starting somewhere in the middle of the story.

It's an interesting approach and gives the players more freedom in choosing the mission. But for the story itself, I find it rather a disadvantage.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
But doesn't that completely destroy the storyline if the story is no longer linear? I can't really imagine how that would work. How do you know the correct order of the missions if they are all already available? Then there is the danger of starting somewhere in the middle of the story.

It's an interesting approach and gives the players more freedom in choosing the mission. But for the story itself, I find it rather a disadvantage.
Well my personal guess is that the Story of TC4 wraps around gathering allies and tech to help you in the final battle and when it would have been linear as always we would have gone this route.

Now you can kinda like in (i hope this is allowed as it is a non online game) Breath of the Wild you can directly go to the final Boss without doing anything else in order to power up Link to make the battle against Ganon easier. So it seems that SSG tries such an approach now and basically says "You can directly go for the final battle but will have a very small chance of wining it or do 8 additional missions in order to help you at the final mission to make it easier".

So i assme that those 8 missions are independend from each other and it so gives no "correct or wrong" start and they should be equal in difficulty but different on their own.

Considering that we have 7 Systems and in each system found allies it would not wonder me if 1 mission is based around each system to do a couple of tasks, defend invading mantis or whatever in order to gain those allies to join the fight against the Mantis queen what could result in maybe a defence line that is taken by the allied forces or supportive fire at a certain spot etc.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Don´t know if this really will be the case... maybe for the first rounds as for me the Asura Cort looks more like it will be inactive for a majority of the battle as in theory items with runtime are also in CD + blaster has an CD as well.

So ships with a lot of active items will only have the Asura Cort active during the start of the battle and then it will be inactive most of the time. I don´t really see many ships that can propely benefit from this Cort atm.

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hello everyone.

As we know from the changelogs, highly desired update finally comes to the servers on 26th. For these, who still were not able to finish Calon missions and/or will not be able to play on the release date, I will be making a livestream starting from the very beginning of the maintenance end.

Livestream starts on 12:00 CEST and will contain:
  1. Basic informations about the final update described from the patchnotes
  2. Practical explanations of the update as quick as I get to know it
  3. Mostly footage of shooting on the new planet -- Erebos!
  4. Interviews with guests
  5. Maybe some giveaway? But not promising...
Hoping to see many people enjoying the content incoming to the game.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
would be strange to see something like ,,tau ceti ancient blaster" because these are already ancient techs, or am i wrong @Highway ? besides ne0n ships are created by the pirates
Pirates have just found some abandoned crates of ancient technology and used it for their purposes. They don't have such big advantage in power as you already finished story with them on "House Call" defeating Barossa.

Regarding stuff like "Ancient tech for Tau Ceti", it's not possible to have these because the Blue blueprints in TC already contain fragments of ancient tech that they're made of.
Cycle of rapid, normal and strong ends with Modal Logic that gets all 3 of them forming top EiU tech, and DR needing Modal for these. Ancient tech is only possible in Sirius Singularity and Tau Ceti is a standard system which is already above that tech, and as you know already that standard system ends up with Gold tech as a top tier tech in the system.

Also a good hint, Tau Ceti Part 4 is leading us to "Unknown Mantis System". If ancients had that kind of power to create something like "Tau Ceti Ancient tech", maybe Mantis wouldn't take control of them in TC2 part (EiU), and TC4 would be based on Unknown Ancients Territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.