What's new

whether the Deflection Droid will be strengthened?

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
  1. Test when AI did receive deflection damage:
    • If the unit has received deflected damage it looks like the aggro will then be build up for the player rather then the DDroid due i have seen units shoting 1 time before switching back to me while others shot 3-4 times before they switched again or the Droid simply orbited before getting destroyed.
  2. Test when another DDroid is placed after reflection damage was received:
    • Once the damage was reflected at least one time/one round creating a new DDroid will not result in another switch anymore from the AI rendering it as "useless" if the AI Unit has no AoE weapons to get the deflection damage from those sources.
  3. Test when AI is hit at least once from player/friendly NPC:
    • If the AI has been hit at least once from any other damage source it will already have an higher aggro at this source then to the DDroid so that anything that hits an AI before the activation of the DDroid and it´s aggro will render it "useless" as well cus it will not be able to provide any deflection damage during the fight.
Fixed when a NPC was attracted by a Deflection Droid, deflection damage caused by that NPC by attacking the droid would only attribute the generated deflection-damage-aggro to the player, rather than the droid itself, making the AI switch targets and attacking the player directly. Now the aggro is attributed to both, the droid and the player alike.
As the upcoming update will drop tomorow i will of course revisit those tests again and how good they will work and if they will be noticable.

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
As the upcoming update will drop tomorow i will of course revisit those tests again and how good they will work and if they will be noticable.

I would increase the deflection droid usage time by 10 seconds

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
I would increase the deflection droid usage time by 10 seconds
The long one already has less than 10s downtime if you have accelerator drone :ROFLMAO:

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
  1. Test when AI did receive deflection damage:
    • If the unit has received deflected damage it looks like the aggro will then be build up for the player rather then the DDroid due i have seen units shoting 1 time before switching back to me while others shot 3-4 times before they switched again or the Droid simply orbited before getting destroyed.
  2. Test when another DDroid is placed after reflection damage was received:
    • Once the damage was reflected at least one time/one round creating a new DDroid will not result in another switch anymore from the AI rendering it as "useless" if the AI Unit has no AoE weapons to get the deflection damage from those sources.
  3. Test when AI is hit at least once from player/friendly NPC:
    • If the AI has been hit at least once from any other damage source it will already have an higher aggro at this source then to the DDroid so that anything that hits an AI before the activation of the DDroid and it´s aggro will render it "useless" as well cus it will not be able to provide any deflection damage during the fight.
@Highway
As with todays update i have revisted these tests and the results are the same in the outcome so that the Aggro distribution between the user and DDroid seems to be not the same. No matter if only 1 hit was reflected or all in the moment a reflection did happen the aggro for the player seems to count higher so that i can not be overriden by another DDroid or several activations.

Same counts for when at least 1 hit was done by any other source the DDroid will not generate enough aggro to make an switch of the target possible rendering it mostly "useless" against units without any AoE attacks.

I know that those tests may be trivial for PvE in many situations but so far it is not "possible to kill any unit with pure reflection damage" :devilish:

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
I bought a syrius long deflection droid today and did a pitchstone on the syrius and the syrius long deflection droid has quite a long lifespan and in my opinion the deflecion droids from tau ceti could have a little longer lifespan for the deflection droid and that would be enough to add