What's new

whether the Deflection Droid will be strengthened?

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I think the reason is mainly the usual situation when new stuff comes.

Player encounters a new enemy type with a new tech. Enemy uses new tech and triggers it and the new tech deals tons of damage so the player wants the tech cus the expectation is "I will be insanly strong with it". Player gets the tech --> installs the tech --> uses the tech --> the tech deals just a fraction of the "experienced" damage --> player gets disapointed and rants about it :p.

Basicly this loop always repeats no matter what. As i have mentioend it i have no option to compare it or any live experience with the DDroid so far due of the fact that i don´t have the ship as the config is not really my type (independent from the DDroid in it) with items that have an relative high CD for the bit of damage output they provide.

I may not have the right to talk or rant about the DDroid but i still can share my "idea of what it should do instead to make it more viable rather then beeing a thing that might even not trigger at all in the wrong conditions".

Sirius is no real test area anyways considering that the HP of the units there are easily 10x as high so that the "actual reflection" looks small. Issue is we don´t know for sure how exactly the DDroid works rather then knowing that it "reflects" damage but the actuall numbers are part of a thing called "testing and research" that i may eventually do like i have done it with the Wolf and it´s special item the AC. But this more depends on the new RDX ships config cus otherwise i may consider to build the Kodi with only the DDroid and try then to get some more numbers out of it.
i wanted to build the kodiak or pitchstone, but it doesnt make any sense to build a ship right now because the costs are too high... new armor new blue prints and rare ones..imagine over 8-10 mio cryo for one ship. i think i will build the pitchstone for sirius😬

i will never do the same upgrade like i did with my first prototype -- parsec sirius upgraded with vénar tech over 5 mio cryo -- first tc armor and earth 2.0 techs around 7 mio -- calon techs around 8-9mio cryos or more i dont remember. pitchstone have to wait😶

Iron Black

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
iron black
Rank
Clan
Tropa de Elite Kps

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
pvp ... tc ...
this game is 90% pve ...
You hunt bps on pve,you make missions on pve,pvp is only smal part of game progress...

So if deep is weack on sir,how sir one can be ...
No mention lower systems "ha ha"

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
Do you guys even know how the deflection droid works ?
You are complaining that it does almost no damage in Sirius but have you thought just how tanky units such as Keops are ? Combine that with the fact that the deflection droid inflicts damage back based on how much damage it has taken in the first place and you get why it barely scratches the Keops...a Keops OS does little to no damage and so the droid reflects little to no damage back.
Additionally, why call an item useless just because it isn't particularly useful in 1 concrete example ?
Would you also say the perforator is an useless item as well since you hardly ever use it for PvE purposes ?
The deflection droid is a really powerful item that when used correctly can yield great results.

P.S. Why are we discussing magnet traps again ? You need to understand that item was never meant to be a long-range aggrobeacon....it is NOT supposed to tank tons of damage, as long as it does its purpose in slowing down the enemies just enough so you can catch up to them or get away from them, then it works as intended.
I think geta said everything related to this post, if y'all complaining just dont play ddroid :x:whistle:(maybe u want that it os kheops maybe?:ROFLMAO:)

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
pvp ... tc ...
this game is 90% pve ...
You hunt bps on pve,you make missions on pve,pvp is only smal part of game progress...

So if deep is weack on sir,how sir one can be ...
No mention lower systems "ha ha"
Hello @hektor.barbossa,

i must agree that most content of this game is PVE based, but it is also true that a big part of its end-game content its related to PvP, and specially when it comes to ship building. PvE is a bit more limited regarding ship variety as it happens in every other game, since there is only a certain type of things that are actually useful in PVE. Due to that, normally PvP offers a more variety in when it comes to ship/classes/etc (depending on the game), we do know most of our community is PvE (excluding gaia since its 99% PvP), but designing ships that are just heavily PvE favored its hard because normally it will just replace a previous ship that had the same role.

Greetings,
Fission

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Hello everyone i wanted to start a discussion about the Deflection Droid which the new rdx is supposed to have in my opinion this item is weak it should be changed i have a Kodiak ship i tested it on Syrius i tested it on Keops and it did almost nothing to him like it did no damage i wanted to ask I would like to ask if it will be improved or if the deflection droid mechanics will be changed because in my opinion it is the worst item from the whole TauCeti I would suggest to add more dmg to it and it could work area wise to reflect damage in range like orbital for example area wise I hope it will be changed somehow like it happened with Black Slate. I am waiting for your opinion on this topic Greetings Razor
Strongly agree. Deflection droids almost useless and funny thing is the Hathor deflection droid is op and definitely stronger than ours. We need a buff in the deflection droid.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Strongly agree. Deflection droids almost useless and funny thing is the Hathor deflection droid is op and definitely stronger than ours. We need a buff in the deflection droid.
half true half false.. you must see your min and max damage and your lowest and your highest critical damage. the deflection droide reflects the damage back BUT not 100% the damage that you've made. i've gained many damage reflected. from 6 reflected damages i died 2 times because my hp was around 70-50 hp.

test the damage from the droide with an thermoblast with stopwatch and write the sec how long the thermoblast burned to compare later. there should be enough time before the droide goes orbit. than you will see how much damage you get back if the droide will die. hold this test with the damage, write it somewhere.

now turn pvp and let someone thermoblast you. the damage should be the exact same as you did to the droide. again use stopwatch and look how much damage you took in these sec.

importan is: how long time burned the thermoblast at the deflection droide? and how much damage i gained in the burned time when he died? write the sec and the damage that u get.

test it again in pvp. let you burn in the sec where the deflected droide died. compare both damages you get. look which damage was higher or lower.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
but it is also true that a big part of its end-game content its related to PvP
Well i think that this is only cus most players have nothing else to do once they are done with the story or stuck on a story segment due the lack of OC that comes from time to time (Belive me when TC4 will be around the corner a heavy "drag movement" will come again to get as many pilots to the next planet as possible so that they can get the tech and then help the remaining pilots to finish TC3 in order to reach TC4 contend.

and specially when it comes to ship building
Uhm... i don´t really think that "ship building" can be used here as an "variety" cus it gives no "create your own loadout" system. Most ships below TC have the setup of strong tech from what i have noticed (mostly adviced to use instead of balanced or rapid tech when in the end all have the same value just with increased/decreased times before they can be used again)

For PG PvP is more skill based or rather said "knowing what your opponent may use or how many secs he has left until he can use and item again" if you use the ships. But as i´m no PvP expert i will not lean to far out of the window here and leave the stage for the PvP experts to give their thoughts about PvP as "end-game content".

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
I know this game is old and hard to saw here more "personal configs" depend of what you wana do right now,
so you must build many ships one for this one for that,there no exist good ship for every situation,But
no one tells me that he like deflector droid after test him on sirius,he is uselles on hunt tc in many situations.
It be really nice at least give him agro like beacon have.

NosferatuZodd

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
Griffith
Rank
Clan
Tropa de Elite Kps
I share the same opinion as iron black, the deflection droid looks good for me, but for the ship it is necessary to see what other components it will have.
Currently, the sol, draconis and sirius conquests and also the Wars Tau depend a lot of chromian ship, which is a very powerful ship and without counter.
So the deflection droid in the new ship can be a good counter for orbital based ships like chromian, giving space for use other ships and combinations in conquests and wars, but in the end conclusions can only be made after the ship is relesead and experimented.

daniel48090

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Artix
Rank
Dudo mucho que vayan a cambiar el Dron Reflector, si se ponen a ver como hacen las cosas los PROGRAMADORES, verás que hay otros componentes que toda la vida han necesitado cambios y después de tantos años siguen igual.

Lamentablemente en este juego no aplican ajustes de equilibrios constantes para mantener la diversidad del PvP y PvE. Donde prefieren dejar una RDX-08 Chromian Corundum extremadamente fuerte durante años y que el resto de las naves pasen a segundo plano de una manera tan dolorosa y penosa.

Quieren seguir sacando naves Raven pero la realidad es, que será otra nave que pasará a segundo plano en consecuencia de la FALTA de ajustes.

dontbelive

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Emiya
Rank
I share the same opinion as iron black, the deflection droid looks good for me, but for the ship it is necessary to see what other components it will have.
Currently, the sol, draconis and sirius conquests and also the Wars Tau depend a lot of chromian ship, which is a very powerful ship and without counter.
So the deflection droid in the new ship can be a good counter for orbital based ships like chromian, giving space for use other ships and combinations in conquests and wars, but in the end conclusions can only be made after the ship is relesead and experimented.
Yes, add aggro to the D-Droid and problem solved for PVE...

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
So in order to have "some rights" to talk about the DDroid i was so crazy to hunt the Kodi BPs required to build it and to install at least the Symb DDroid (Modal is on the list of completing for DR DDRoid) for some testings in reagards of at least PvE for the moment. For PvP i will need to find some pilots who may offer some of their time for the testings.

1. Test when AI is not hit from player:
    • So this feedback is more or less an quick summary of my testings through the system without real values for now (for this i guess will an extra post come like last time with the Wolf and AC post). What i noticed in regards of Aggro since the change (as with the QL i have no comparission to the old version) when a unit has not been attacked a single time so far the aggro switch can take 1-2 shots from the AI until the DDRoid will be targeted.
  2. Test when AI did receive deflection damage:
    • If the unit has received deflected damage it looks like the aggro will then be build up for the player rather then the DDroid due i have seen units shoting 1 time before switching back to me while others shot 3-4 times before they switched again or the Droid simply orbited before getting destroyed.
  3. Test when another DDroid is placed after reflection damage was received:
    • Once the damage was reflected at least one time/one round creating a new DDroid will not result in another switch anymore from the AI rendering it as "useless" if the AI Unit has no AoE weapons to get the deflection damage from those sources.
  4. Test when AI is hit at least once from player/friendly NPC:
    • If the AI has been hit at least once from any other damage source it will already have an higher aggro at this source then to the DDroid so that anything that hits an AI before the activation of the DDroid and it´s aggro will render it "useless" as well cus it will not be able to provide any deflection damage during the fight.
  5. Test in Sirius vs Bosses:
    • As Bosses in Siri have the ability to hit attack multiple players at once they will attack the DDroid as well IF there are less targets then they can aim for are available for them. If more targets are available the result of Test 4 will be the outcome.
As said this is only a quick summary of PvE testings so far from the new DDroid. I plan to make an more detailed review along with PvP here the "more difficult" part will be to get some pilots for the testings i have in my mind.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Dudo mucho que vayan a cambiar el Dron Reflector, si se ponen a ver como hacen las cosas los PROGRAMADORES, verás que hay otros componentes que toda la vida han necesitado cambios y después de tantos años siguen igual.

Lamentablemente en este juego no aplican ajustes de equilibrios constantes para mantener la diversidad del PvP y PvE. Donde prefieren dejar una RDX-08 Chromian Corundum extremadamente fuerte durante años y que el resto de las naves pasen a segundo plano de una manera tan dolorosa y penosa.

Quieren seguir sacando naves Raven pero la realidad es, que será otra nave que pasará a segundo plano en consecuencia de la FALTA de ajustes.
Hello Artix,

A possible rework of some of the outdated / underpowered items is already on the things to check, its just that not everything can come at once, remember that developer team must focus a bit on specific stuff since trying to tackle down everything at same time its not possible ^^

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Hello Artix,

A possible rework of some of the outdated / underpowered items is already on the things to check, its just that not everything can come at once, remember that developer team must focus a bit on specific stuff since trying to tackle down everything at same time its not possible ^^
would be good if we hear this from the devs himself as to make little light in the dark