What's new

whether the Deflection Droid will be strengthened?

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
Hello everyone i wanted to start a discussion about the Deflection Droid which the new rdx is supposed to have in my opinion this item is weak it should be changed i have a Kodiak ship i tested it on Syrius i tested it on Keops and it did almost nothing to him like it did no damage i wanted to ask I would like to ask if it will be improved or if the deflection droid mechanics will be changed because in my opinion it is the worst item from the whole TauCeti I would suggest to add more dmg to it and it could work area wise to reflect damage in range like orbital for example area wise I hope it will be changed somehow like it happened with Black Slate. I am waiting for your opinion on this topic Greetings Razor

dontbelive

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Emiya
Rank
Well, it should be changed in a different way for PVE.

The D-Droid should make aggro so the units attack the D-droid first. I sold the Kodiak bcuz D-droid is not perfect. Item must create aggro to attract units.

Currently AOE weapons are able to hit the D-droid but u also get damaged at the same time.
This doesnt make sense.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
You ar right,for sir is weack,his deflection is so weack like one maybe 2 blaster shot.
But on tc is not bad when you deflect mines,os or sticky...
Still yes,is bad item.Special when he fallow you ....
Will be really nice if you can left him on place and run away from os,that got hit you and droid ...
Sure you can avoid but if you do it on wrong time,droid not be hited so he wont deflect any damage and his short time active is specific to strategy you next move ...

For me he need stay as agrobecon or trap,at least 200% more hp [not like now die from 1 blaster pfff]

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Even if i have no experience with the DDroid as i have not unlocked the ship i have heared that in PvP the Droid should be "decend enough" but it really lacks any sort of "real deflection" as the name implies.

Quite some time ago i made already a post about "revisiting the TC items"
>>>Making TC Ships "more attractive" again (Changing TC Item Effects)<<<
[...]
Deflection Droid - Kodiak
From what i have seen in Chat the DDroid seems to be pretty lame in it´s "counter" when hit + it only can take 1 hit and then explodes instandly. My Idea here would be to make it so that the DDroid "absorbs" the dmg 1st during the runtime and when the time ends the DDroid selfdestructs with an AoE like an Aggro Bomb and the more dmg it absorbed the higher the "counter" damage. If the Pilot receives the hit the DDroid absorbs less dmg while it absorbs more if it gets hit directly. I have no idea about the current runtime but i would say 10 seconds runtime should be enough for it.
Over this way it still would work to some degree and also "justify" the reason why we have to get hit while in return the units in range get then damaged. As we have seen it on the QL already changes are possible on the items they just need to be made.

Of course the drawback would be if PvE Units (Hators atm) would receive this benefit as well cus i then assume that a group of Hators or Pilots can be real troublesome with the possibility to 1-hit Kill pilots even with the best armor available if enough damage is accumulated and it gives no "hardcap" to prevent such a thing.

As example let´s assume that the most units at Calon have an HP pool of 1.000.000 before they explode.
In order to set an "Hardcap" we would need to determine the possible "reflection damage" each DDroid has and for the sake of keeping it simple let´s say that the Symbolic DDroid can reflect up to 10% (100.000) and the DR DDroid can reflect up to 20% (200.000) of the damage.

Cointinuing the "simplicity" let´s also assume that the highest units of TC deal with a blaster 20.000 dmg/hit. This would mean 5 Shots are needed to "fully charge the Symbolic DDRoid while 10 shots are needed for the DR DDroid to fully charge it (without counting possible additional hits like AoE, SB, Mines, etc.). I think that over this way the DDRoid can be made more attractive for many when it can dish out more damage...

As always with all my examples in numbers - They are only examples cus in theory no one has the real values of how much HP each unit and ship has if not using some 3rd party tool.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
the higher the damage is, the more damage will be outputed to the enemies who attacked with aoe weapons. this means the damage in sirius is so low that the droid will not be podded with instantly.

the fix for the d-droid should be very low hp and this should not affect the output damage. also a little aggro to the d-droid. i cant be that attack droid, repair techs or turrets gets aggro and this droid doesnt.

better change for the d-droid. make it like a 'point card' activate droide max 3 times to suck up the incoming damage with a key if we want this.

or just use it normal if you dont press this key. e.g press 9 to compare more output damage max 3 times with more cooldown.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Deflection Droid need to deflect damage from player ship not only himself then maybe will be usable.
So far if enemy dont have aoe weapons this item cant be use,so for mostly enemys is useless.

When new rdx comes with d-droid not sure for what can be use on sirius or lower systems.
Sirius ? he die from 1 agrobomb horus make so small damage that idk if i need laught or cry ^^
Understand that he deflect nice back to player when he use os or mines [hathor good example how easy you can pod using os,mines ^^] but for own use,for how many enemys you can use it ?

If be a d-droid mizar - on what enemys in pve can use it ? deflect rocket ? if rocket miss you just lost time for up this droid .

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
When new rdx comes with d-droid
Well considering their info in the RDX announcement ala "Deflection Droid will not drop during the event but in another event" it will have the DDroid for sure (Maybe it will even be some sort of "Hator copy" made for us with Prot, Shield, DDroid and the DI and then the DDroid would be the lamest item in the config.

If be a d-droid mizar - on what enemys in pve can use it ?
Well the only units it can be used against will be Detos and Rocketeers for Mizar while for Detos i´m not sure if the "counter" will be quick and high enough to kill it before it self-destructs.

With Sol add Harvs, Rock-Turrs and Signors

With Drac add Minelayers and Sabos for the full set of potential AoE weapons for the AI to use

Basically in many sitation you never will really need the DDRoid cus the units have no AoE and as we all know the aggro prefers to switch between DDs and is overruled by anything that can heal others while Tanks are the "last ship standing" cus they deal to less damage and their "Aggro items" produce not enough Aggro to even be considered as target until everyone else is in pod :ROFLMAO:

Speaking of Counter this Droid should maybe renamed to "Counter/Reflection Droid" rather then Deflection cus Deflection in basic terms is way different then it is handled in the game if we would be nitpicky here :sweatgrinning:.

hathor good example how easy you can pod using os,mines ^^
I have seen enough Pilots poding themself against a Hator cus they used Rocket, Mine, OS or Bomb when the DDroid of them was on the lose and it is no rare occurance that the PvE version smacks out easily at least 25% of the ships HP. Throw a few DDroid at the same time and you instapod cus they "all get hit and return the favor 5x as hard".

Galacticfighter

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Looter
Rank
PVE and PVP are different so should be the effects, resilence and effects of the items.
For example magnet trap got nerved bcs it was spammed and often used in PVP (PTR),
but why in PVE too?

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
PVE and PVP are different so should be the effects, resilence and effects of the items.
For example magnet trap got nerved bcs it was spammed and often used in PVP (PTR),
but why in PVE too?
I can only assume here but think it might be related to the factor "PvEvP" in the part of the game where every pilot is playing and surely makes it hard to set a proper rule that can handle such a situation.

If we would take the MT and it should differantiate between PvE and PvP on any planet it surely would mess up a lot. Let´s say you are in PM but hunt NPC atm so that the game counts you as PvE and sets the stats accordingly for PvE battles. Now any random Pilot in PM is approaching you and attacks you as well and the game has then to put you into PvEvP Mode and it would either require to use an complete different set of values or it gives you the fixed value of PvP or PvE during this time.

As i´m no expert or programmer it would then require to remove PM completely from the Story planets and only counts for the PvP planets (Collosus and the CQ planets). Honestly i´m happy that PG so far has not made this move that at some point a story planet requires to have PM active to progress and as long as it is a free choice i can live with it.

Galacticfighter

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Looter
Rank
I can only assume here but think it might be related to the factor "PvEvP" in the part of the game where every pilot is playing and surely makes it hard to set a proper rule that can handle such a situation.

If we would take the MT and it should differantiate between PvE and PvP on any planet it surely would mess up a lot. Let´s say you are in PM but hunt NPC atm so that the game counts you as PvE and sets the stats accordingly for PvE battles. Now any random Pilot in PM is approaching you and attacks you as well and the game has then to put you into PvEvP Mode and it would either require to use an complete different set of values or it gives you the fixed value of PvP or PvE during this time.

As i´m no expert or programmer it would then require to remove PM completely from the Story planets and only counts for the PvP planets (Collosus and the CQ planets). Honestly i´m happy that PG so far has not made this move that at some point a story planet requires to have PM active to progress and as long as it is a free choice i can live with it.
Sure but then u do a PM item change effect and thats it. problem solved,
but in a way i understand your thinking in that matter.
i guess this thread is not there to think about how difficult it is, just to show the devs our concern about some (balance)issues in the game and as an inspiration.

Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Za VillainEmperor
Rank
Do you guys even know how the deflection droid works ?
You are complaining that it does almost no damage in Sirius but have you thought just how tanky units such as Keops are ? Combine that with the fact that the deflection droid inflicts damage back based on how much damage it has taken in the first place and you get why it barely scratches the Keops...a Keops OS does little to no damage and so the droid reflects little to no damage back.
Additionally, why call an item useless just because it isn't particularly useful in 1 concrete example ?
Would you also say the perforator is an useless item as well since you hardly ever use it for PvE purposes ?
The deflection droid is a really powerful item that when used correctly can yield great results.

P.S. Why are we discussing magnet traps again ? You need to understand that item was never meant to be a long-range aggrobeacon....it is NOT supposed to tank tons of damage, as long as it does its purpose in slowing down the enemies just enough so you can catch up to them or get away from them, then it works as intended.

Last edited:

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Hope someday will be here separate power items for pve and pvp.

Hope also devs will look on this deflector droid,cous for pve is useless.

Still game need alot balance update and hope so it start when tc4 will be done ^^

BMW760ilv12

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
_BMW760ILV12_PL
Rank
Clan
A P O K A L Y P S E
Do you guys even know how the deflection droid works ?
You are complaining that it does almost no damage in Sirius but have you thought just how tanky units such as Keops are ? Combine that with the fact that the deflection droid inflicts damage back based on how much damage it has taken in the first place and you get why it barely scratches the Keops...a Keops OS does little to no damage and so the droid reflects little to no damage back.
Additionally, why call an item useless just because it isn't particularly useful in 1 concrete example ?
Would you also say the perforator is an useless item as well since you hardly ever use it for PvE purposes ?
The deflection droid is a really powerful item that when used correctly can yield great results.

P.S. Why are we discussing magnet traps again ? You need to understand that item was never meant to be a long-range aggrobeacon....it is NOT supposed to tank tons of damage, as long as it does its purpose in slowing down the enemies just enough so you can catch up to them or get away from them, then it works as intended.
Hello, I will not agree with the statement that the keops still deals little damage on the amplifier? Even ships with TC feel this orbital in a significant amount. I think my friend is wrong about keops hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:

BMW760ilv12

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
_BMW760ILV12_PL
Rank
Clan
A P O K A L Y P S E
Post merged with quote. Please try to write under the post, where you put a quote. ~Verdene

Iron Black

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
iron black
Rank
Clan
Tropa de Elite Kps
The deflector droid for me is fine like this :), the important thing would be to know what other components they combine them with.

Risk

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Risk
Rank
The pitchstone hasn't been released yet and so we don't know how the other items will compliment it and how deflection droid will play into the ship's role. I remember people complaining about how mt was a useless aggro-type item because it was only the bullfrog that had it, before the chromian was released and became part of the meta. I also remember people complaining that the chromian was a bad ship as they first saw the items when the rdx event went live. I also don't know why people are taking their dr dds into sirius to test its versatility(?)

We don't even know how the strong/rapid variants will factor into efficacy. If you think the dd is an unforgiveable item to have on an rdx regardless of how other items might compliment its purpose, then I have a perfect solution that involves you saving millions of cryo :)

So let's just chill out and be friends and hug and kiss before we actually see what the ship is

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Hello, I will not agree with the statement that the keops still deals little damage on the amplifier? Even ships with TC feel this orbital in a significant amount. I think my friend is wrong about keops hehe.
Keo is "special" cus it only can deal a lot of damage (even to a TC ship) when the Att Buff is active otherwise its power is not really a thread to any TC ship if used correctly.

I also remember people complaining that the chromian was a bad ship as they first saw the items when the rdx event went live.
From what i remember it was only "hated" due of the QL but SSG has countered this by buffing the QL a lot in simply reducing the CD and when my memory serves correctly even the range.

remember people complaining about how mt was a useless aggro-type item because it was only the bullfrog that had it
Here i more think the reason that the ship is called useless is not the MT (cus technically it is the only usefull item on the ship itself) and rather due it has the Scrambler that is currently known of "how good it works" and the Taunt that has a way to high CD and can´t even keep the Aggro to you if you have DDs or Healers who can easily "overtaunt" the taunt within seconds :unsure: + the factor that it still is active even when the target has been eliminated already.

For PvP Taunt is somewhat useful as is prevents orbiting or the switch from combat mode into non combat but aside from that Taunt is pretty "useless".

However this is offtopic on one side as this thread is about the DDroid and not all the other TC Items and how good/bad/useless they are ;)

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
did u all ever used the d-droide in pvp or on tau ceti? or why do you call it so weak or bad? you all know that the droide is able to overcome damage inverter, prot. and shields. if you think that the calon d-droide could deal huge damage to the units in sirius as he do in tau ceti, than you dont understand what the purpose of this tech is. the stronger the enemies are, the more powerful will be the d-droide - it just reflects the incoming damage🤙

Iron Black

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
iron black
Rank
Clan
Tropa de Elite Kps
we're lucky they put this event on considering tau4. We should be thankful and stop creating trouble for a component.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
did u all ever used the d-droide in pvp or on tau ceti? or why do you call it so weak or bad? you all know that the droide is able to overcome damage inverter, prot. and shields. if you think that the calon d-droide could deal huge damage to the units in sirius as he do in tau ceti, than you dont understand what the purpose of this tech is. the stronger the enemies are, the more powerful will be the d-droide - it just reflects the incoming damage🤙
I think the reason is mainly the usual situation when new stuff comes.

Player encounters a new enemy type with a new tech. Enemy uses new tech and triggers it and the new tech deals tons of damage so the player wants the tech cus the expectation is "I will be insanly strong with it". Player gets the tech --> installs the tech --> uses the tech --> the tech deals just a fraction of the "experienced" damage --> player gets disapointed and rants about it :p.

Basicly this loop always repeats no matter what. As i have mentioend it i have no option to compare it or any live experience with the DDroid so far due of the fact that i don´t have the ship as the config is not really my type (independent from the DDroid in it) with items that have an relative high CD for the bit of damage output they provide.

I may not have the right to talk or rant about the DDroid but i still can share my "idea of what it should do instead to make it more viable rather then beeing a thing that might even not trigger at all in the wrong conditions".

Sirius is no real test area anyways considering that the HP of the units there are easily 10x as high so that the "actual reflection" looks small. Issue is we don´t know for sure how exactly the DDroid works rather then knowing that it "reflects" damage but the actuall numbers are part of a thing called "testing and research" that i may eventually do like i have done it with the Wolf and it´s special item the AC. But this more depends on the new RDX ships config cus otherwise i may consider to build the Kodi with only the DDroid and try then to get some more numbers out of it.