What's new

Suddenly lost 100 million cryo in game just now...

Starchaser

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Starchaser
Rank
Clan
Doomtrain
Hello Pilots.

As community manager of the English GM team as it’s not already been done, I would like to personally apologise to everyone of you affected in this spawn issue.

When we asked the devs to create this into, our intention was to build a unit that would need team play, a unit that was challenging but give a good reward, so we had it created and on our test server we tested it and the cryonite value was around 10K per participant which we thought was a bit low for the effort, this was fed back but we were informed that the unit would be scaled so when more pilots attended the drop would be better.

So we arranged a full test on askone, this was posted on the forum, and some pilots did attend, now when the pilots killed this unit, it did drop more cryonite for them than we experienced on the test server and pilots were reporting values of approximately 25 - 35K* (*with booster) so I presumed that the units scale was this value, this I now know is my first mistake not realising the scaling system was not fully explored and presuming it was.

Now when the gms host a spawn invasion event more pilots attend, as for the chance of blueprints and cryonite drops, and hopefully more fun for you guys than missions, and with the more players the as we since found out the scaling of this unit exponentially increased to values we have never seen before, as gm and cms don’t take part in these events bar spawning, we do not see the cryonite drop, we have no idea how many units of cryonite drop nor their value, and as I had no feedback to the contrary I again wrongly presumed the values were similar to the initial test of 25-35K.

Since then we have had screen grabs of pilots showing their values and they were correctly stating values and gaining millions of cryonite per invasion spawn, when this proof was discovered by a cm it was reported to developers who have since had to take drastic actions in order to try and stabilise the server and the unit in question removed.

I understand that those involved in the invasion took it in good faith that the cryonite collected in the event was all good due to it being spawned by the gm team and are understandably upset at the subsequent reversal, but i have to ask since this issue with the spawn event from January, have any of you once seen cryonite values collected be anywhere close to the values collected recently? Surely that should indicate there was an issue.

So this has been one major issue, and a learning curve for us also, so what I am proposing is for any future spawn event we will post the info on the forum and galaxy news so there will be no random late night invasions, it will be given with some days notice so allowing as many people to attend as possible, higher units that can potentially drop a large cryonite amount (when I say large I mean nowhere near the scale as the offending unit did) will be monitored, if we are informed of units dropping cryonite values that are far exceeding what is considered the norm we will abandon the invasion and ask the developed to investigate as soon as possible so we do not have to take such drastic measures again.

Once again I am sorry to all that were involved in this, and we will be working hard in the background trying to prevent an issue like this happening again

This is outraged that it could happen, I do not remember any time in the past where it was even possible to do spawns of not controlled amounts of Cryo.
I also do not understand why the drops are really that high in these days, when have this changed.
I also agree with many users here that some kind of punishment would be in order to the responsible ones.
So this is the secret why there are millionaire's and billionaire's in PG Askone in these days. I can only say WOW applauses staff team, well done!
What makes me surprised with my mouth wide open, is that you let the abusers keep the purchases, the ships what they bought with the illegal cry. Come on, is this a lalaland?

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I also do not understand why the drops are really that high in these days, when have this changed.
I can only guess here but considering event units they normally have different values for drop rates so i can only think as only reason here is that the unit in question may have a 100% cryo drop rate like event units have 100% gold BP rate when killed (mainly thinking here on stashes and eggs now as most events in the last couple of years have been skipped by me.)

What makes me surprised with my mouth wide open, is that you let the abusers keep the purchases, the ships what they bought with the illegal cry. Come on, is this a lalaland?
Well they kinda let them keep the ships with 2 choices after the cryos have been taken from the accounts. Either the players farm their way back up into the positve gains again (what makes the current ships bought give them the feel that they bought it with a loan that now needs to be payed back) or sell the ships and stuff so that they come back to the positve amount.

Imo the 2nd option is kinda "pointless" as in reality the players would have to farm the cryos for the ships over the normal way anyways and considering that the story currently is done it is unknown if and when the story will continue so plenty of time to farm all ships and stuff anyways.

Starchaser

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Starchaser
Rank
Clan
Doomtrain
I can only guess here but considering event units they normally have different values for drop rates so i can only think as only reason here is that the unit in question may have a 100% cryo drop rate like event units have 100% gold BP rate when killed (mainly thinking here on stashes and eggs now as most events in the last couple of years have been skipped by me.)

Well they kinda let them keep the ships with 2 choices after the cryos have been taken from the accounts. Either the players farm their way back up into the positve gains again (what makes the current ships bought give them the feel that they bought it with a loan that now needs to be payed back) or sell the ships and stuff so that they come back to the positve amount.

Imo the 2nd option is kinda "pointless" as in reality the players would have to farm the cryos for the ships over the normal way anyways and considering that the story currently is done it is unknown if and when the story will continue so plenty of time to farm all ships and stuff anyways.
I agree to that, is it hard now to get to the positive without having a cry drop event again. Many players I believe is old school players and most have the principle of not selling any ships just like me.
There was this 133% booster by game if I remember right, I was here then but on Kalgan mostly. But was not playing like fully just helping Riku with his Sol sms there and to get his top bp.s. We haven't started Riku's sm's yet since now is the best time to grind for needed bp's. I haven't either finished Gazica sm's myself yet.

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
Yeah cry is always hard these days, thats why u buy granit to kill 4 keops with 50 odion on your aim scram, i dont understand why people need 300% drop rate when they have granit.
I think , all the problem emerge from skill issues and/or granit issues (if u dont have skill ravenskillissuedynamics is here).
So yh i agree with what have been said.