Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
I can happily announce that i will publish Pirate Galaxy Trailer 2020 at 15th December this month. Stay tuned , and if you got any questions you can pm me or ask me here or on my channel.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
I will be attentive and waiting for the publication :)

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Good trailer Rajaa :D amazing work on it, we are proud to see created content like that from our community

eggyboffer

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
EggyBoffer
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
There we go, Now all we need is for SS to actually bother to use that for advertisement to drive in more players, Something I unfortunately don't think that they will do.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
eggyboffer said:
There we go, Now all we need is for SS to actually bother to use that for advertisement to drive in more players, Something I unfortunately don't think that they will do.
I actually don´t know if i should laugh, cry or do both at the same time considering that the community of the game does most of the fan trailers rather then Split does anything for avertising their own game/s. I mean they don´t do it for Dino Storm either as much as i´m aware.

eggyboffer

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
EggyBoffer
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
Vesperion said:
eggyboffer said:
I actually don´t know if i should laugh, cry or do both at the same time considering that the community of the game does most of the fan trailers rather then Split does anything for avertising their own game/s. I mean they don´t do it for Dino Storm either as much as i´m aware.
Exactly, its not as if its even hard, if the community is making fan videos they can use that and just post some adverts around. Its like they dont want more members joining their game and purchasing membership and playing their game...

Makes no sense to me tbh, why a company would not want to do things to increase their player base, which in turn increases their money income from gold purchases, which in turn then means they can hire more devs and do more updates...

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Vesperion said:
I actually don´t know if i should laugh, cry or do bothat the same time considering that the community of the game does most of the fan trailers rather then Split does anything for avertising their own game/s. I mean they don´t do it for Dino Storm either as much as i´m aware.
If they used some advertising for Dino Storm, they would have even wider community even there. For pg i can really say advertising is needed, or surely nothing will change. Point is that if you don't advertise no matter what product that is, people won't be able to see your "masterpiece".
And of course eggy is right here, with advertising goes this proportion - more players = more money = more possibilities to enjoy and hire more people = more updates = and important more fun and helpful community that will share the passion of those games.
That's why i decided to make the video and help in any way i can help. I hope some people outside game will see it and join as well :)

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
I have posted some trailer already few months ago too and I didn't have any response from Splitscreen about it. Or even some of their own making of the trailer that should be already changed [the actual one is from 2013, but graphics and UI looks like from 2010?]. So ye, I think that's a joke as well

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Cool trailer Rajaa :) . Posted now on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pirategalaxy/

eggyboffer

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
EggyBoffer
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
Highway said:
Cool trailer Rajaa :) . Posted now on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pirategalaxy/
Whereas i like that you have posted it in that respect, have you thought about using it in other places? or you just gonna post to facebook and forget about it like you don't care about the game and driving in new players?

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Facebook is the place where PG have more impact regarding to views and compared to youtube. Devs really care about the game and they do as much as they can. If what you mean is about making this trailer a real advertistement, since the music and some things dont come from splitscreen directly, it wouldn't be totally ethical

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Fission said:
[...]If what you mean is about making this trailer a real advertistement, since the music and some things dont come from splitscreen directly, it wouldn't be totally ethical
If we would go down that lane that a lot of Online game (espacily mobile ones) should not even exist with their advertisments cus they use a lot of stuff that shows gameplay that you never will find in the game at all.

And if Highway uses it then i think everything is ok in terms of beeing an trailer for PG that can be used.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Vesperion said:
Fission said:
[...]If what you mean is about making this trailer a real advertistement, since the music and some things dont come from splitscreen directly, it wouldn't be totally ethical
If we would go down that lane that a lot of Online game (espacily mobile ones) should not even exist with their advertisments cus they use a lot of stuff that shows gameplay that you never will find in the game at all.

And if Highway uses it then i think everything is ok in terms of beeing an trailer for PG that can be used.
I didn't said legal, i said ethical. Its true that many games (specially mobile games) use fake advertisments or dont really show what the game is about. Which is a thing i really dislike.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
We always are happy when our community does cool stuff for our games. Like wiki pages to help players, great video trailers and footage, gameplay streams, fan art and all the creative and helpfull content out there. This is actually the most important thing out there that keep the community vivid and alive!

Traditional advertising is not working for us as we are a small and independant game developer that does not have the funds to compete against the big studios. Therefore we have working together with other platforms and affiliates to reach more players, but that is difficult as well because there so many games out there and released every day.

So if you want to help us to find new players that would like the game you can share it with your communities, write blogs posts, make vlogs, post stuff you like on social media (facebook,twitter, reddit, etc.)

We are planning to create small trailer for each big update release in the future as we did for past updates that you can use to share and write about or re-cut the footage to create something new. There might be enough material at some point that we could create a new trailer out of it, but that alone dont get us new players.

So as we see nice content we will post it into our channels so that many people will enjoy the stuff you have created. Thats the least we can do to honor your effort and time :)

NinjaFlow

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
- Loq -
Rank
Clan
-Golfos del Universo-
Highway said:
We always are happy when our community does cool stuff for our games. Like wiki pages to help players, great video trailers and footage, gameplay streams, fan art and all the creative and helpfull content out there. This is actually the most important thing out there that keep the community vivid and alive!

Traditional advertising is not working for us as we are a small and independant game developer that does not have the funds to compete against the big studios. Therefore we have working together with other platforms and affiliates to reach more players, but that is difficult as well because there so many games out there and released every day.

So if you want to help us to find new players that would like the game you can share it with your communities, write blogs posts, make vlogs, post stuff you like on social media (facebook,twitter, reddit, etc.)

We are planning to create small trailer for each big update release in the future as we did for past updates that you can use to share and write about or re-cut the footage to create something new. There might be enough material at some point that we could create a new trailer out of it, but that alone dont get us new players.

So as we see nice content we will post it into our channels so that many people will enjoy the stuff you have created. Thats the least we can do to honor your effort and time :)
It would also be good if you improve the game and take away the boredom that is currently in the game, since the only thing we do is cryo and bps hunting, monotomy generates boredom, make the game more inactive, tau ceti update won't bring activity for a long time, many of my friends and clanmates are stopping playing for the same reasons as well as the team's inattention to the many good ideas in the forum

eggyboffer

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
EggyBoffer
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
NinjaFlow said:
Highway said:

It would also be good if you improve the game and take away the boredom that is currently in the game, since the only thing we do is cryo and bps hunting, monotomy generates boredom, make the game more inactive, tau ceti update won't bring activity for a long time, many of my friends and clanmates are stopping playing for the same reasons as well as the team's inattention to the many good ideas in the forum
Dude they dont really care... They want people to quit this game, or at least that's how they are acting lately.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
eggyboffer said:
Dude they dont really care... They want people to quit this game, or at least that's how they are acting lately.
it doesn't make sense to want people to leave, otherwise they wouldn't be making updates :sneaky:

eggyboffer

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
EggyBoffer
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
destroier6 said:
eggyboffer said:
it doesn't make sense to want people to leave, otherwise they wouldn't be making updates :sneaky:
I know it makes no sense, but this game has practically been abandoned by them and they dont care. Weve been complaining about several issues for 2 months and just point blank ignored

Status
Not open for further replies.