What's new

[Finished] Public Test of the Sirius Adjustments Part 1 Update, June 23 4PM CEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyosarc

Hello,

Termi said:
The HyAn Multilator Parsec's Sirius Ancient Strong Repair Field Turret, keeps repairing the pilot even thou it has been destroyed. The same happens with the Sirius Ancient Strong Attack Field Turret. Further testings are being made with the Gaia Pilot "Raincry"...
C_D said:
Long Speed Acts, Attack chharges, repair turrets are now perma...You might need to fix that
Thank you very much for this report we will look into this issues.

best regards

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
We were meant to work incredibly hard to get the black granite. It was supposed to be a tank and i'de say a good reward was it has more armor than the tank. Reducing the armor by 19% to be honest was quite a bad idea. The granite isn't like a storm or a shock. It's not best to make it faster and less armored. Everyone would now go for the dominator because that will now have more HP than the granite. Keep it the same in PvP but in PVE change it back! The granite won't the best fighting in sirius.

Regards the Bounty Hunter

C_D

Reaction score
I'm not surprised. When the Granite came out, it was better in every way possible from the Dominator. Granites had better speed, more armor, aggrobeacons to increase survivability, and anti-stun capability, nothing the Domi had. Face it, the Granite was too strong, so in order to make the existence of the Dominator less redundant, Granite needs to be nerfed.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
C_D said:
I'm not surprised. When the Granite came out, it was better in every way possible from the Dominator. Granites had better speed, more armor, aggrobeacons to increase survivability, and anti-stun capability, nothing the Domi had. Face it, the Granite was too strong, so in order to make the existence of the Dominator less redundant, Granite needs to be nerfed.
Why couldn't they have just nerfed the speed? :sneaky:

Kapljeu

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
kalpeuwasnaked
Rank
gilles.daman said:
On the other hand, What is the purpose of the google sheet?
You can put in the scores of duels between ships. Also have a look on the first page of the sheet. It is a bit better explained there.

DaKuaz

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
DaKuaz
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
1. Please keep your feedback constructive or at least factual and point out what you like or not.
Nobody can help you, if you are unable to point out critical contents and write garbage like "update is shit, please remove..." instead.
So please add an explanation what and why you don't like some contents so Devs can understand you and maybe fix it if necessary.

2. Please make sure you read and understood the posts of Narokath and Highway at the top of this topic.
It is well explained how things work or are supposed to work and you can better structure your Tests and sort out your feedback. (I think of the guys, who thought they would get more cryo by playing solo in a drop system that rewards squads and multiplayer gameplay.)

3. @ all those Black Granit whiners:
Make sure you tested the performance of your ship in PvP and PvE before complaining about a number. What I read looks like Black Granit is useless now, but I know its not the case. Your cryos aren't wasted too, as you had use of your wished ship for three years up to now and I have no doubt that it's useful in future too.
For your understanding: Do you think a ship with support ability deserves a better armour than the original tank class, impersonated by the Dominator. It has already item advantage so why give it HP advantage too?
In the Changelog it is explained that ship HP are now determined by every single item that is mounted. If you want to proof that this system is not good for a fair ingame balance, please see my point 4.

4. Please help to fill the Google sheet!
This sheet was created to find mistakes in ground ship balancing for PvP. We really need help from all Servers to fill this sheet at least with most important duels that come up on our live Servers. Nobody likes op ships in PvP because we all think that skill should decide about a duell and not the ship choice. The link to it is attached to Highways testing plan at the top of this topic. Don't be afraid of filling something in, every single displayed duell is helpful. A guide with more Infos about this test was created in this topic where it is also explained how to do these tests and what is important about it.

With kind regards,

DaKuaz

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
DaKuaz said:
1. Please keep your feedback constructive or at least factual and point out
3. @ all those Black Granit whiners:
Make sure you tested the performance of your ship in PvP and PvE before complaining about a number. What I read looks like Black Granit is useless now, but I know its not the case. Your cryos aren't wasted too, as you had use of your wished ship for three years up to now and I have no doubt that it's useful in future too.
For your understanding: Do you think a ship with support ability deserves a better armour than the original tank class, impersonated by the Dominator. It has already item advantage so why give it HP advantage too?
In the Changelog it is explained that ship HP are now determined by every single item that is mounted. If you want to proof that this system is not good for a fair ingame balance, please see my point 4.

With kind regards,

DaKuaz

Actually I tested the black granite in Sirius and PvP it feels a lot more different. This update isn't entirely bad, it's mostly good with the new cryo system. I'd give it 7/10

Crash

Reaction score
C_D said:
In case you were asleep, it was already changed in PvP overhaul update where shields were made both stronger and with less cooldown than ever before and because of this, Domi was finally on the same level as Granite and it was a great change. That's also why suddenly so many domis appeared after PvP overhaul update. They were back again and had their use. It needed to be changed and it good that it was changed. They become balanced. Now Granite got a nerf and we have an imbalance again.
Domi in squad was a great tanking ship for bosses because taunts could generate enough aggro to get main firepower of boss on domi which can easily survive it, others will survive just on their repair droids. Granite could work as half-support, giving protectors to others because it can't draw main firepower of boss and also put aggrobeacons when flying around, you can't stay too long near your aggrobeacon because even giving someone else a protector generates more aggro than aggrobeacon.
With speed it's not a problem, take speed drone and you can escape from mantises. However now Granites are inferior to domis.

Armageddon

Reaction score
No time to read what others have recently said.

I am in Sirius, R5 with clan member.

I shoot 90% and my clan member shoots 10% and kills. Now, when we pick up the drop, the amounts are the same but he did much less "effort" in my view... isn't drop amount part of this?

Similarly, my clan member does more damage than me and I do less and we BOTH see 2 drops, seemingly the same amounts.

Is this behaviour expected? It wasn't what I was expecting?

Lex

Reaction score
im having issues getting on the test server can someone explain to me pls, when i launch the client and it says enter account name and so on it does not log me in it says its incorrect so what am i suppose to enter there, i have ss account and i play from ss portal

A

Aratz

Please keep trying it, this server differs a bit from live ones and perhaps some lag peaks could be produced (keep also in mind that the server is physically placed in Europe).
Sorry for the inconvenience.

flyfighter

Reaction score
Lex said:
im having issues getting on the test server can someone explain to me pls, when i launch the client and it says enter account name and so on it does not log me in it says its incorrect so what am i suppose to enter there, i have ss account and i play from ss portal
Previous time i had that aswell. If you changed ur password in the past try applying one of ur old passwords or usernames, that did the job with my issue that time. Or try change from gamigo to splitscreen or so

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
For those who have problems with the connection to the PTR, it must be considered that the PTR is an old version of months behind the Asoke live server, so as said above, you have to try passwords and even previous users

flyfighter

Reaction score
Thoughts about this update

One compliment
First of all i wan't to say that this seems like a nice and well thought of update. Eventhough changing ship health and speed stats is very dangerous terrain i think u nailed it. Well done splitscreen and the Testers!

Two Cry drop
Changing drops based on this effort system is very interesting. The more ppl you have in your squad the more you make it looks like. Imagine 50 ppl shooting the same giza, might drop with the best luck of the world 50 times cryonite!?! 23.000 cry for every1!!

That got me thinking about solo grinding harvesters though. Might this not lead to situations where solo grinding becomes less profitable then teaming up with other players? We all need some alone time once in a while. I don't think teambased gameplay should be more profitable then solo grinding harvesters?

Three Bp drops
Could not test this to the fullest but i think giza's drop more then 3 bps now, therefor speeding up the process of obtaining bps? Same goes for normal units? they can drop more then 1 bp if more ppl are shooting it in a squad?

four Ship stats
You have changed the stats of items and ships quite a lot in the past few months, i've lost track on how much "hp", speed and firepower everything has. Might it be an idea to make some description of the hp and speed a ship got before you purchase it? For example Hyan -> 4300 hp and flies 150meters/second (m/s) -> Marble -> 2000 hp and flies 200m/s.

Same goes for items, im lost on this aswell. What does a speed actuator give you statwise for extra cooldown? How much damage does a blaster do, how much does a strong rocket do, how much for the strong os, how much health does a repair droit heal you per second? One could think beforehand what they want, strong/normal/rapid tech instead of having to test each individual item and losing cryonite in the process.

Also makes v1 and v2's lifes a bit easier, think they are swimming in their own sweat cos of the many times they have to change and check the stats of different items :p

five Losing effort on dieing or leaving combat
This is tricky tricky subject and putting ppl who deal damage (creating more aggro and being target of the mantis) in a negative spot. Ppl who deal damange often don't have much tanking capability's and usually have to run away or get podded first. Podding or going out of combat leads into losing the effort u put on a target. This leads to every1 flying in a defensive ship so they never lose their effort?

I wonder how effort is being divided between the different types of ships. Do all generate the same, i think there will always be one in favor.

But since you mostly do things in squads all of these effort questions do not matter that much i guess.

Six Random story
How can we look on feedback? I see feedback as the following. When a sewer works properly no1 is complaining about their waste and no1 is even tinking about it when flushing their toilets, but when the sewer is starting to fail a literally and figuratively shoutstorm (u know what i meant to say :LOL: ) comes out to the surface. When the sewer works as intended no1 is sending a letter to the government saying how nice it is and complimenting the functionality of the sewer. So maybe we need some sort of topic to give some compliments about this game to even out the negatives.

Oops im comparing pirate galaxy with a sewer :LOL:

If ppl give overly reactive hate comments its likely they are very deep invested in this game and love it with all of their heart and get very emotional when stuff they like gets changed. I see those comments as a good thing, ppl are very invested with this game. The more hate comments there are the more loved you are ;)

Alright way to long post already, all of u mad now. Maybe put some hate comment towards me so i know you all love me.

And they all lived happily ever after, The end!

Armageddon

Reaction score
Hmm...

A clanmate was shooting Giza himself, and it dropped zero blueprints... is this behaviour expected? They killed it themselves. My thinking is that it always dropped bps....

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Armageddon said:
Hmm...

A clanmate was shooting Giza himself, and it dropped zero blueprints... is this behaviour expected? They killed it themselves. My thinking is that it always dropped bps....
This is not supposed to happen because all gizas soloed are supposed to drop 3 bps. ALWAYS! This is a glitch.

flyfighter

Reaction score
Dunno where he killed it, if he did it on kalabesh i think you have 46% loot chance reduction or something. So that place is not realy giving a good example. Myabe he was extremely unlucky?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Armageddon said:
Hmm...

If you can give me the day and time when he destroyed the giza and the pilot name I can check the logs to see what could have affected his dropchance and if he really did fight it alone.

Armageddon

Reaction score
Highway said:
Armageddon said:
Hmm...

If you can give me the day and time when he destroyed the giza and the pilot name I can check the logs to see what could have affected his drop chance and if he really did fight it alone.
Pilot name: Dragon7
Time: around (25/06/2017) 1AM (2AM servertime? I think)

Now... I was standing close by watching and got shot by the Giza a few times but I didn't create any effort by shooting back.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
flyfighter said:
1. That got me thinking about solo grinding harvesters though. Might this not lead to situations where solo grinding becomes less profitable then teaming up with other players? We all need some alone time once in a while. I don't think teambased gameplay should be more profitable then solo grinding harvesters?

2. Could not test this to the fullest but i think giza's drop more then 3 bps now, therefor speeding up the process of obtaining bps? Same goes for normal units? they can drop more then 1 bp if more ppl are shooting it in a squad?

3. Podding or going out of combat leads into losing the effort u put on a target. This leads to every1 flying in a defensive ship so they never lose their effort?
I wonder how effort is being divided between the different types of ships. Do all generate the same, i think there will always be one in favor.
1. Soloing you will get the same drop rates and cryo as on the current live servers. Teaming up can boost it up. Our goals of this update was that players should have more fun playing together instead of stealing their farming spots etc.

2. Yes also regular units can drop more than one bps and cryonite. This depends on the amount of players participating in the fight. If you play in a squad you can even share the stuff between members.

3. If you read the changelog carefully you will see that we already included a improvement that solves this issue. Effort will only be removed from a unit when it gets killed or it leaves combat. So your effort will be persistent even when you are podded, log out, leave zone etc. In addition we tried to balance out the effort for all items and ship classes so that no ship stands out to much. But this takes in consideration that all items are used efficiently based on the ship used. E.g. a engineer should focus on healing and protecting others while shooting at the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.