Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Surprising that Otb isn't doing well on Korell considering that the server has a decent number of players. Even before the introduction of randomizer Otb did fairly well on Spanish and English servers. Is there any stand out reason for that not being the case on Korell?
Yes, there are many reasons and aspects why it doesn't work. The current OTB cannot control exactly which players are assigned to which team. In addition, a TeamSpeak server is often used in korell where the respective players/teams are divided into channels. This is mostly controlled by tdp. In other words, if you took part in OTB, you had to be in TeamSpeak. Many other clans did not want this control and this "compulsion" of who takes which ships. In every cq you only saw Chromian. Another reason is that if you practice OTB with the player of the tdp and they then arbitrarily mess up the Erebos story mission, it was clear to us in our clan that it was over for good. Just for fun we wanted to join in and even wrote in the global chat that some people could come over. In short, it's korell's own fault.

Genjiro

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Genjiro
In addition, a TeamSpeak server is often used in korell where the respective players/teams are divided into channels. This is mostly controlled by tdp. In other words, if you took part in OTB, you had to be in TeamSpeak. Many other clans did not want this control and this "compulsion" of who takes which ships.
OTB is supposed to be free for all mode of conquest where anyone can take any ship without feeling pressured. Although controlling and coordinating ships for competitive game play may seem fun for a while, in the long term there will be boredom and unrest (In my opinion :)).
This group you mention seem very controlling, Maybe try an alternate application for communication to avoid them.

Another reason is that if you practice OTB with the player of the tdp and they then arbitrarily mess up the Erebos story mission
That sounds like intentional griefing/hindering gameplay, have you tried sending a support ticket or contacting a GM on korell?

darklink3

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Darkxell
Rank
Trantor, being a low population server too, has the same situation. As redthorne pointed out above, this change didn't solve the core issues with conquests, at least on this server. With random teams, the outcome of each conquest becomes a coinflip where individual skill expression and team coordination matters little. If you're matched with someone who does next to no pvp, or someone with no ancient tech, you're bound to loose that match. To be fair, it was the same before the random update, all the best players would enlist together, and we would also know the outcome before landing.

The core issues are twofold:

- Trantor is a low population server, and with 15-20 people somewhat interested in PVP, it's hard to have a consistant 10 players in orbit every evening. I don't see this changing without a server merge, and as far as I know it's currently out of the question.

- Potential cq players are either interested in pvp (and most likely decent at it), or only interested in the achievement they provide. The new random system did bring a few achievement hunters in, since they were terrible at pvp and had no chance to win before cqs were a coinflip. But this is obviously not sustainable, they will leave as soon as they obtain 10 wins on each planet. There is no changing this, players play how they want to.

The new system feels good for achievement hunters terrible in pvp who had no chance of winning before, because they now at least have a chance. It feels bad for more experienced players who give their best, because they now have a good chance to be placed in a significantly disadvantaged team, and just loose.
Frankly, being randomly assigned to a bad team despite doing my best on my end, and loosing because of it is frustrating, and I only play to not have the 7days penalty, it is not fun at all.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's a few "easy" to implement changes I think could be an improvement, and why:

Increase the drafting time in OTB
Currently, you have 30 minutes to enlist for an otb (clicking a single button).
You then have 2:30 to communicate to : Create squads and join them, adapt your ship to your team composition, go through 3 loading times to change your ship, equip drones on your chosen ship, and finally land. If you fail, you take 7 days of penalty btw.
God bless you if you actually want to try to communicate with your teammates to create a cohesive team composition.
It'd be very welcome to set the team in stones 10 minutes before the conquest starts, so the players in each team can start communicating before they have to land. At least increase the leniancy to land from 2:30 to 10 minutes, please.

Improve the impact of early game skirmishes
Currently, the first 30 minutes of each comquest is completely irrelevent. Since the same amount of crystals spawn per minute on the whole map over the course of the conquest, the last 10 minutes (2 heatmodes) make a single zone hold almost half of the crystals of the entire conquest. Who wins is almost entirely dictated by who defends this zone successfully.
An easy change for this would be to increase the amount of crystals spawning at the start of the conquest, gradually decreasing towards the end.
Killing a player with at least 1 crystal should also always drop at least 1 crystal. the current 10% drop chance is just way too low in the early game.

Vary enlist hours
20h is harsh for many, as it overlaps with dinner time. Having the starting time change between 18h and 20h would allow everyone to participate, at least sometimes.

Reduce the player count reward bonus
And buff the base rewards to compensate, obviously. There is no reason players on low population servers should be winning 3 times less than large servers because they clicked the wrong button 15 years ago. I understand that this is meant to cvreate an incentive for more players, but it's having the opposite effect. Rewards are terrible (120k average with a win 5v5, that's 20 mins of farming on sirius, or 2 sentries), so people don't want to come.
A 60% win in 5v5 should at least reward 250k cryonite @99 to be something to be exited for, the current reward being lower than 45 minutes of farming makes it a deterrent.

If a clan is enlisted on a planet and there's no opponent, make it a clan VS OTB
This should probably go with an increase in minimum tickets to enlist, to not have a clan enlist everywhere.
If a clan enlists for a conquest, they should be able to fight for it no matter what. Trantor has seen 1 or 2 clan VS clan in the last few months, and it's players who know each other fighting against themselves for fun. What if, instead, if a single clan enlists:
- Then enlisted clan players can join team A. If they don't have 5 players, they are set to -20 tickets (current system)
- The B team is open for all on the server, like an otb. Anyone can join to fight against the attacking clan, and earn cryonite (again, just like an OTB).
- If there is less than 5 players in team B, the conquest still starts. This would provide incentive to enlist (clan vs clan) against the attacking clan, to defend and take a share the the cryonite on the conquest planet. After all, if an army marches to new land and that land is not defended, why can't they claim it?

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
if you have the opportunity to take a good ship or must, everyone will take rdx, in my opinion it's logical, no one will play something weak to lose to other ships, although if someone can fight well, mystem will win the fight too, but crying that the item is too strong and weak makes me laugh if not If you have ships, get them in December, there will be ships from snowmen on Kalgan, as well as Potboys, former players wrote, we won't fight because someone took the ship, such players are lazy players who have nothing and cry because he has a good ship, every ship can be defeated with tactics and with coordination, focus is enough, everyone attacks one and there is no chance that he will survive. It's a matter of coordination. I haven't played an unknown amount of conquests in my opinion, and refusing to fight against some ships is childish because the player doesn't have that ship and thus ruins the conquest on Kalgan. It was so that they didn't want to fight. my team and my friends were well-coordinated and we were chatting on discord and the opponents were not well-coordinated and they were losing, it's good that it was added that random is more random but I have one comment recently during the conquest of Kalgan there were 2 players on tanks and the opposing team got 2 players on tanks it could be given one to a and the other to b, then it would be more equal, that's my suggestion, best regards

I understand your point but I think that the system is not based on what ships there are, that if there are 2 tanks one will go to each team, since as you know, the system is random, and even establishing the teams, there are 2 and a half minutes in those that you can change ships, if at that time the two tank players decided to stay with that ship it is another story, it is a matter of the player, not of the enlistment

For example, in Aurora it has happened that the majority of players who are not very skilled at pvp precisely, want to carry the ships they want, which is fine, it is understandable because it is an OTB after all, you are free to carry what you want , but consequently, there are no capable engineers, nor ships with capable damage, but, as I say, it is no longer the algorithm's fault or anything like that

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
And now it´s time for me to hide in my bunker before the wild mob will rush to my location^^
It sounds good, I'm not going to deny it, but I don't like it because in my opinion it takes away the competitiveness, but I like to think that these things happen because it is a new system and not everyone adapts so quickly, when an OTB starts, it is More than one person goes down instantly without even looking at which team they are on, and of course, they go down without a squad, that kind of thing is important, and two and a half minutes has been more than enough for me to select a ship and enter a squad, if the others get the better of them to go down well F

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Trantor, being a low population server too, has the same situation. As redthorne pointed out above, this change didn't solve the core issues with conquests, at least on this server. With random teams, the outcome of each conquest becomes a coinflip where individual skill expression and team coordination matters little. If you're matched with someone who does next to no pvp, or someone with no ancient tech, you're bound to loose that match. To be fair, it was the same before the random update, all the best players would enlist together, and we would also know the outcome before landing.

- Trantor is a low population server, and with 15-20 people somewhat interested in PVP, it's hard to have a consistant 10 players in orbit every evening. I don't see this changing without a server merge, and as far as I know it's currently out of the question.

- Potential cq players are either interested in pvp (and most likely decent at it), or only interested in the achievement they provide. The new random system did bring a few achievement hunters in, since they were terrible at pvp and had no chance to win before cqs were a coinflip. But this is obviously not sustainable, they will leave as soon as they obtain 10 wins on each planet. There is no changing this, players play how they want to.

The new system feels good for achievement hunters terrible in pvp who had no chance of winning before, because they now at least have a chance. It feels bad for more experienced players who give their best, because they now have a good chance to be placed in a significantly disadvantaged team, and just loose.
Frankly, being randomly assigned to a bad team despite doing my best on my end, and loosing because of it is frustrating, and I only play to not have the 7days penalty, it is not fun at all.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's a few "easy" to implement changes I think could be an improvement, and why:

You then have 2:30 to communicate to : Create squads and join them, adapt your ship to your team composition, go through 3 loading times to change your ship, equip drones on your chosen ship, and finally land. If you fail, you take 7 days of penalty btw.
God bless you if you actually want to try to communicate with your teammates to create a cohesive team composition.
It'd be very welcome to set the team in stones 10 minutes before the conquest starts, so the players in each team can start communicating before they have to land. At least increase the leniancy to land from 2:30 to 10 minutes, please.

Currently, the first 30 minutes of each comquest is completely irrelevent. Since the same amount of crystals spawn per minute on the whole map over the course of the conquest, the last 10 minutes (2 heatmodes) make a single zone hold almost half of the crystals of the entire conquest. Who wins is almost entirely dictated by who defends this zone successfully.
An easy change for this would be to increase the amount of crystals spawning at the start of the conquest, gradually decreasing towards the end.
Killing a player with at least 1 crystal should also always drop at least 1 crystal. the current 10% drop chance is just way too low in the early game.

Vary enlist hours
20h is harsh for many, as it overlaps with dinner time. Having the starting time change between 18h and 20h would allow everyone to participate, at least sometimes.

And buff the base rewards to compensate, obviously. There is no reason players on low population servers should be winning 3 times less than large servers because they clicked the wrong button 15 years ago. I understand that this is meant to cvreate an incentive for more players, but it's having the opposite effect. Rewards are terrible (120k average with a win 5v5, that's 20 mins of farming on sirius, or 2 sentries), so people don't want to come.
A 60% win in 5v5 should at least reward 250k cryonite @99 to be something to be exited for, the current reward being lower than 45 minutes of farming makes it a deterrent.

If a clan is enlisted on a planet and there's no opponent, make it a clan VS OTB
This should probably go with an increase in minimum tickets to enlist, to not have a clan enlist everywhere.
If a clan enlists for a conquest, they should be able to fight for it no matter what. Trantor has seen 1 or 2 clan VS clan in the last few months, and it's players who know each other fighting against themselves for fun. What if, instead, if a single clan enlists:
- Then enlisted clan players can join team A. If they don't have 5 players, they are set to -20 tickets (current system)
- The B team is open for all on the server, like an otb. Anyone can join to fight against the attacking clan, and earn cryonite (again, just like an OTB).
- If there is less than 5 players in team B, the conquest still starts. This would provide incentive to enlist (clan vs clan) against the attacking clan, to defend and take a share the the cryonite on the conquest planet. After all, if an army marches to new land and that land is not defended, why can't they claim it?

For me, increasing the number of golds dropped during the early game is not necessary, the number is quite proportional to:

If you win most of the early game, but lose the last two hot points, your defeat will not be crushing, likewise if you lose the early game and the two hot points, your defeat will be crushing

Increasing the early points will not change the result much, if you win early your defeat will not be enough and end, it is natural that the last two hot points give more crystals because it gives the opportunity to those who have lost the early game to take advantage and win

But it all comes down to whether your team is capable of winning early game, end game or the entire game

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
So it just comes down to player politics? Now that teams are randomized, who could force you to anything, and how?
As already mentioned above, this compulsion with the TeamSpeak servers came from the tdp side and which ships you should have in the hangar and what's the best. It is partly dev sides fault that the "you" decided korell to lift the 3 day clan change ban. This is the price for the fact that nobody wants to play cqs/otbs on korell anymore. Also that they messed up the story missions that nobody is done with oort or that nobody gets the asura cortex. Nobody even is trying to make the story on oort, because they know they will get the same results as we saw 1 year ago. This server is full of rage and hate. It's like gta online. It may work for other servers, sometimes better, sometimes worse. As developers you have to see where the focus of this game goes: pve or pvp. For pvp, pg has simply shrunk too much

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
OTB is supposed to be free for all mode of conquest where anyone can take any ship without feeling pressured. Although controlling and coordinating ships for competitive game play may seem fun for a while, in the long term there will be boredom and unrest (In my opinion :)).
This group you mention seem very controlling, Maybe try an alternate application for communication to avoid them.

That sounds like intentional griefing/hindering gameplay, have you tried sending a support ticket or contacting a GM on korell?

You're right but it is hard to imagine how that all looked like. First of all, thank you for your understanding. You are probably one of the first gms to show interest. I didn't write a ticket or anything but I have a video of it, should be in my yt channel.

STAIN

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
WorkingAsIntended
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
Does it matter if i like or dislike? Does it matter if 30 ppl would like some post thats logical when you are just gonna reply working as intended to a obvious issue? Forum is filled with what i call endgame bots or people that are known by server communities to be borderline stupid. Writing in this forum brings nothing right now im only watching. I gave up long ago. So no dont expect thumbs up from me. It only goes down from here.

Jaax

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jaax
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
@

Vary enlist hours

I would suggest 20 mins to enlist, 10 mins for teams, making cqs 1 hour instead of 45 mins and heavily alter the ore spawn rates in the early/late game.

Jaax

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jaax
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Well this is the as i like to say it perfect situation when looking through pink glasses were everything is fine and no one complains about anything.

I mean i was participating in OTBs when they were implemented until TC4 so i have at least some experience and it was noticable that the mix of experienced with inexperienced players can and will make a difference for the team in combination with the players joining the Discord for quick communication vs. the ones who did not join.

I think no matter how many tweaks and turns will be made for OTB the perfect solution for each side will never exist as at least 1 player out there will be the one who has something to complain about just because the pebble on Desai did fly into the blaster and so deflected the shot that would have killed the oponent.