Conquest after random enlistment update

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Well I only created the thread to know how the activity of the other servers was during the conquest, personally I liked it, and it makes the cq more tryhard and competitive, 2 and a half minutes to choose ships and make squads

1698868278874.png

Aurora already had its first penalty

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
I have to say my expectations were even exceeded, no way around to gain an edge on the new system, purely and completely randomized teams so nobody complains on the server, which also contributes to people wanting to play more actively, since now there can't be one side purposely being stronger than the other to stomp.

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
The only thing that i also wanted to mention is, that the update killed something viable, probably even meta, in Mercury particularly, i don't know if this was done on purpose or no one knew at all on the dev team but, we are not able to play this particular ship anymore on cq

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Well I only created the thread to know how the activity of the other servers was during the conquest, personally I liked it, and it makes the cq more tryhard and competitive, 2 and a half minutes to choose ships and make squads

View attachment 52757

Aurora already had its first penalty
This Is so nice. It's good that OTB works for other servers so well.😁 Mouth of dori failed on korell yesterday, yeah korell wants otb/cq so bad but this server is just another starsystem.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Blazing Lava. even if you can't install a corruption cloud for Mercury it's still the absolute best dps for this tech level, by far.

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
Which ship, it is not like there is just one in the video :D
Two, Suiz0 as well uses it, it was viable and really useful in Mercury with proper support

but yeah it is what it is, rest in peace, we will remember Mercury lava forever

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
You are not reading well. He didn't say that Lava HAS the best dps, he said that it IS the best one. He is not strictly speaking of damage dealing but overall performance based on other factors as armor and defensive capabilities.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
this is the reason why i only want pve/story content in this game. black lady didnt enlist. another of her member didnt enlist either. none of the tdp(the dark power) was showed up. conquest/otb doesnt work on this server anymore. and if it will happen again. the big clans want to rule the rules here again( go to this squad/team, ooo you dont have a chroma?)

yeah otb.png
-
otb fail.png

its good that other servers have fun with it. but korell .. just nah.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
The situation on other servers is very precarious, in Aurora although the first 3 days the participation was quite something of what it had been, it has already been gradually decreasing, it is also true that there have been conquests of Vega, Gemini, and they are systems that people particularly in Aurora don't like it very much

In any case, the situation in Korell is critical, I suppose Solaria, Aeria, and others must be in similar situations, I don't understand why the devs don't merge the servers or at least make some kind of paid function to be able to migrate your pilot to another server, I know that more than one would pay for it, including me

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
if you have the opportunity to take a good ship or must, everyone will take rdx, in my opinion it's logical, no one will play something weak to lose to other ships, although if someone can fight well, mystem will win the fight too, but crying that the item is too strong and weak makes me laugh if not If you have ships, get them in December, there will be ships from snowmen on Kalgan, as well as Potboys, former players wrote, we won't fight because someone took the ship, such players are lazy players who have nothing and cry because he has a good ship, every ship can be defeated with tactics and with coordination, focus is enough, everyone attacks one and there is no chance that he will survive. It's a matter of coordination. I haven't played an unknown amount of conquests in my opinion, and refusing to fight against some ships is childish because the player doesn't have that ship and thus ruins the conquest on Kalgan. It was so that they didn't want to fight. my team and my friends were well-coordinated and we were chatting on discord and the opponents were not well-coordinated and they were losing, it's good that it was added that random is more random but I have one comment recently during the conquest of Kalgan there were 2 players on tanks and the opposing team got 2 players on tanks it could be given one to a and the other to b, then it would be more equal, that's my suggestion, best regards

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Take my comment with a grain of salt as i just stand on the line watching the whole thing but i think rndm OTB is tricky to coordinate now that you not know in what team you will be thrown in what more or less may "force" some players into a corner as basically you would have the need to have for each system each ship at least once so that the team can try to sort things for the best possible outcome of a match once the enlisting did conclute and within 2 mins and 30 secs(?).

I mean it was already noticable during the "normal OTB" times that players where asked if they can swtich into ship x for a better possible outcome for the team rather then to stay in ship y due it is "bad". The toughest part imo for every game that has any form of PvP and big fights with multiple players on each side is the balancing for each side and most of the time the strong tech is chosen over balanced or rapid tech for various reasons but mainly due of higher burst/dmg output within the shorter time of course.

Call me crazy; stupid or whater (Stain will downvote anyways so i don´t care about this at all) but a maybe possible solution for OTB could be that players who are enlisted for OTB will be send automatically to a separated hangar were they can select between every possible ship of the system BUT with equilized tech (aka balanced tech only and even with the Parsec/RDX ships) and only those ships can be used during OTB and once the OTB is finished players will be send back to the hangar with their last active ship they did arrive.

Sure it would destroy the purpose of having farmed all the cryo for building the ships with ancient tech for OTB but for CvC players could use their ships as imo CvC rounds should be way more organized and stuff then OTB rounds.

And now it´s time for me to hide in my bunker before the wild mob will rush to my location^^

Redthorne

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Redthorne
Rank
Clan
Shamrock
If I may add, here is Trantor on Monday, barely having 10 people in the last minute, and 7 out of those 10 are actually in the same clan (and an 8th in alliance).

There are 3 other active clans that are bigger (or equal) in numbers yet they are nowhere to be seen in CQ/OTB.
Just proves again and again that Trantor players just don't want PvP at all, even now that the "all the best pilots are on the same side so we can never win" excuse is no longer valid (and always had one simple answer anyway: git gud).

So, yeah. Random OTB is unsurprisingly not the solution to this issue. I had some hope when the CQ improvements suggestion thread saw good activity and we were informed of "CQ changes" by the GM Team, but the delivered solution is disappointing.
CQMercuryEnlist.png

Genjiro

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Genjiro
this is the reason why i only want pve/story content in this game. black lady didnt enlist. another of her member didnt enlist either. none of the tdp(the dark power) was showed up. conquest/otb doesnt work on this server anymore. and if it will happen again. the big clans want to rule the rules here again( go to this squad/team, ooo you dont have a chroma?)
its good that other servers have fun with it. but korell .. just nah.
Surprising that Otb isn't doing well on Korell considering that the server has a decent number of players. Even before the introduction of randomizer Otb did fairly well on Spanish and English servers. Is there any stand out reason for that not being the case on Korell?