What's new

Ancient Legionary & Ghost

Should the Legionary & Ghost be buffed?

• Total voters

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The comparation is not slot by slot, but class by class. Domes of course are out of question and from shock class. I also agree that mat compares the same to prot because both are supportive items from engineer class. Aim scrambler match aggrobomb, and are defensive items from tank class. The differences are in rockets (storm class) and orbital strike (sniper class). AFAIK a storm has more HP than a sniper, so this breaks the rule stated by @alewx a few posts below. I think that items have some weight inside each class, materializer is more expensive than protector, aggrobomb more expensive than scrambler, OS more than rockets. Notice the prices,: (rockets = protector) < (aim scrambler) < (aggrobomb = orbital = materializer). That makes a Myst cheaper than a Legio and adds to the confusion.

That is what happens with tank vs DPS in almost every game. Nothing new there.

I agree it is niche, but not underpowered. And you spoke about items, not ships, in your original post.

I had defeated many shocks using tanks. That was the original scissors-paper-stone mechanics in game before snipers were intorduced.
just because the items are based on the same baseclass of ship they don't have the same factors for the HP, otherwise there would not be much of a mix possible.

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
just because the items are based on the same baseclass of ship they don't have the same factors for the HP, otherwise there would not be much of a mix possible.
Can i ask if it is possible to swap a component lets say? if not, is there anything at all that can be done by developers that doesn't take an absurd amount of time and testing?
We have never seen something like that done, it would bring conflicts and errors even if it is just an Ancient ship that doesn't take part in Achievements at all?
Since it's not possible to do anything to the actual skills of the ship, neither the ship stats, i would one hundred percent play the said buffed ship in any sense and completely let aside my Asura+Ifrit Hornfels on Sirius because it gets boring honestly, to always play the same thing over and over just for the sake of the meta, just to play a decent new rebalanced ship that brings something new to the playability, im not asking for something stupid but whatever, just fresh air, if there's even the chance of doing anything to Legionary itself, that's my main question
What's in the arc of possibilities regarding that ship?

SpritHunter

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Spritzer-
Rank
Then perhaps increase HP of Scrambler and Bomb items that they give to all ships having them? Scrambler became a weak item after the changes and bomb was never great. Domi, VQ, Locust would see new life into them.

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
Then perhaps increase HP of Scrambler and Bomb items that they give to all ships having them? Scrambler became a weak item after the changes and bomb was never great. Domi, VQ, Locust would see new life into them.
Locust doesnt have scrambler, Poenari is still unmatched on Mercury colossus, Antares Easter tank with Asura is strong, do i have to mention Scorpion? one of the best ships in Mizar
VQ is not strong, but not weak defo, number one choice for 10v10, idk if making it stronger would be good since it already has a pretty strong impact on cq when handed to the right player
Pitchstone is definitely Strong in Aurora/Gaia at least, since Askone sees no purpose for it, the scrambler buff would also affect it,
and i think that's about all the things that would be affected by the little scrambler buff

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
and then in that step just change about all the ships that contain these items, nope thanks. changing the factor of one item will affect all ships with it.

Can i ask if it is possible to swap a component lets say?
is possible, but just becone one player wants it is really not that much, there needs to be a bit more consensus.

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
and then in that step just change about all the ships that contain these items, nope thanks. changing the factor of one item will affect all ships with it.

is possible, but just becone one player wants it is really not that much, there needs to be a bit more consensus.
Understood, it's good to know that it is actually possible, thank you for the fast reply as well, appreciate it.

SpritHunter

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Spritzer-
Rank

There is a consensus - 12 people voted yes, 1 voted no for lulz and the other 4 - fair enough, concerning the Legionary / Ghost matter.

However why not change the aggrobomb and scramblers into good items? Literally all ships that have aggrobomb and scrambler right now are weak and under used:
->The aggrobomb damage is lower than orbital strike while at x2.5 times the cooldown with less damage.
->Scrambler barely makes people miss you in PvP / PvE.

The ships that would be buffed right now if aggrobomb / scrambler get either more HP offerings or stronger damage / effectiveness or lower cooldowns would be:
-> Locust : Never saw this ship being used since 2017 lmao
-> Dominator: No one uses this for PvE or PvP if they have something better to deal damage. Useless or very niche.
-> VQ : Despite having 2 tank items, has lower HP than a Anln-12 Parsec... used somewhat in PvP.
-> BG : Rarely used, regarded as a better Dominator, rarely used. Was used before in 2017.
-> Pitchstone: New ship, despite that barely used anywhere, dies very fast if focused despite being a "Tank healer hybrid".
-> Poenari: nobody uses this again anymore...
-> Any system tank ships which if it wasn't already obvious are very bad and the players that use them and defend them are memed upon by the community.

Literally the only ship that would become unbalanced is Mizar's Scorpion which I am not entirely sure why it shares 2 items with VQ ( Scrambler & Bomb ) and a Perforator, Sniper blaster grant LESS HP than a Rocket and Aim PC... by 25%... surely nothing is wrong there right?

If you don't want to change things to make the game more fun and balanced for people playing it, be my guest but I doubt anything good will rise from not listening to player feedback or at least giving it a thought.
Thank you for replying tho.

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
12:1 from all servers combined is no consensus, that is just a tiny glimpse. statisticlly that wouldn't even count as ameasure.

SpritHunter

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Spritzer-
Rank
12:1 from all servers combined is no consensus, that is just a tiny glimpse. statisticlly that wouldn't even count as ameasure.
Fair enough, but then a fair consensus would be to look at what ships people use and buff the under used maybe? But that would of course show the 4 - 6 players from all servers combined having used a Legionary in the past 5 years in Sirius content. The same could be sad for the uses of VQ / Locust / Pitchstone in PvP compared to the eternal CC / Heron meta. Not to even mention the forever lost Dominator / Tank ships, at least the before mentioned ones have some niche use.

I am more so considering talking about the aggrobomb / scrambler issue as that is a more dangerous problem, as it affects ships you can spend up to 10 mil cryo on... and doesn't make much sense, it would also somewhat buff those 2 ships a bit , as they use them.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Fair enough, but then a fair consensus would be to look at what ships people use and buff the under used maybe? But that would of course show the 4 - 6 players from all servers combined having used a Legionary in the past 5 years in Sirius content. The same could be sad for the uses of VQ / Locust / Pitchstone in PvP compared to the eternal CC / Heron meta. Not to even mention the forever lost Dominator / Tank ships, at least the before mentioned ones have some niche use.

I am more so considering talking about the aggrobomb / scrambler issue as that is a more dangerous problem, as it affects ships you can spend up to 10 mil cryo on... and doesn't make much sense, it would also somewhat buff those 2 ships a bit , as they use them.
I think this would be hard nowadays to evaluate considering since when Siri came out and the time RDX/Parsec ships could be used. I mean i was not more in Siri now for a few years but from my experience in the time when i was flying in Siri most used ships that are used are the RDX ones while Ancient ships and Parsecs collect more and more dust so that it would mean in return that all Ancient ships would need to be buffed.

Of course i can talk only about Askone so i have no idea what the situation of Ancient ship usage is on other servers for Siri but again a player who needs to use an Ancient ship has most likely not obtained a RDX ship or is not willing to try and build a Parsec up to Siri yet.

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
I think this would be hard nowadays to evaluate considering since when Siri came out and the time RDX/Parsec ships could be used. I mean i was not more in Siri now for a few years but from my experience in the time when i was flying in Siri most used ships that are used are the RDX ones while Ancient ships and Parsecs collect more and more dust so that it would mean in return that all Ancient ships would need to be buffed.

Of course i can talk only about Askone so i have no idea what the situation of Ancient ship usage is on other servers for Siri but again a player who needs to use an Ancient ship has most likely not obtained a RDX ship or is not willing to try and build a Parsec up to Siri yet.
On today's Mouth of Dori Askone cq there was only 2 ancient myst,
out of 26 players, every single ship besides that one was RDX2023-10-30_Sirius-MoD.png

Redthorne

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Redthorne
Rank
Clan
Shamrock
Pitchstone: New ship, despite that barely used anywhere, dies very fast if focused despite being a "Tank healer hybrid".

The same could be sad for the uses of VQ / Locust / Pitchstone in PvP

Is Pitchstone really not used in other servers? Here in Trantor the only reason why we stopped using them is because it was too strong and people actively refused to play against.

Vishnu

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
V15HY
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
Is Pitchstone really not used in other servers? Here in Trantor the only reason why we stopped using them is because it was too strong and people actively refused to play against.
I think it could be more due to playstyle, I know it's used on Spanish servers sometimes. But as you can see from what sleep posted we have cloud meta in Sirius. In such high numbers cq with people stacked on each other the deflection droid is hard to find value with.
It's also quite easy to deal with a pitch with high numbers, we can simply use single target items & force out it's defences.
But it's quite nice in the first half of cq I guess where you are engaged in smaller fights.

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
I think it could be more due to playstyle, I know it's used on Spanish servers sometimes. But as you can see from what sleep posted we have cloud meta in Sirius. In such high numbers cq with people stacked on each other the deflection droid is hard to find value with.
It's also quite easy to deal with a pitch with high numbers, we can simply use single target items & force out it's defences.
But it's quite nice in the first half of cq I guess where you are engaged in smaller fights.
Yep, to be honest 4 hornfels will melt pitchstone on most cases and there's no counterplay to getting 4-5 thermoblasts all together since pitchstone has no inverter, if in that particular case there's only one pitchstone and it runs away, the Deflection Droid is completely erased from the teamfight, that leaves an opening to use all OS, and there's no way to avoid getting burned alive on pitchstone's end, even if you get prots, you will have to prot the pitch twice or it will have to use RD just to not die.
And this would be the case in a 10v10 or so, where having 4 hornfels isn't that painful to the composition, now, how many pitchstones would you have to take to make it effective on bigger cqs? keeping in mind that one pitchstone is less damage in exchange for a situational, very skill based kill opportunity, even more if its outside Sirius where pitchstone shines the most.

All of this is based on a perfect case scenario yeah, but you get it, this won't happen once but 20 times or even more in a single cq, getting out of that situation every single time without comitting any mistake is harder, and harder and harder, while Pitchstone needs to move insanely good, be 100% aware of the sorroundings, hornfels just goes in, presses 1 button and then goes back, and if it sees itself in danger, just inverter and it'll be out of it safely

Last edited:

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
For me the cloud is not the definitive goal, I don't see that carrying 4 clouds or more completely counteracts a team with herons and pitchstone, yes, the deflector has a lot of influence as it doesn't return as much damage, but a friend says the following: you have the pitchstone with the aim of killing people with the deflector, or for another purpose?

If the support plays properly, a team full of clouds should not be a problem and the little damage that can be done will be more than enough

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
For me the cloud is not the definitive goal, I don't see that carrying 4 clouds or more completely counteracts a team with herons and pitchstone, yes, the deflector has a lot of influence as it doesn't return as much damage, but a friend says the following: you have the pitchstone with the aim of killing people with the deflector, or for another purpose?

If the support plays properly, a team full of clouds should not be a problem and the little damage that can be done will be more than enough
True but bro watch out, @STAIN is full of dislike rage. You better activate your damage inverter 😂

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
True but bro watch out, @STAIN is full of dislike rage. You better activate your damage inverter 😂
Nobody knows who he is and since i don't see his ign i can't know either, he doesn't show signs of having been playing recently either, but anybody can share their opinion, so i guess all good, probably saw the game getting updated and got back into the forum to give feedback

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
On today's Mouth of Dori Askone cq there was only 2 ancient myst,
out of 26 players, every single ship besides that one was RDXView attachment 52753
not really surprising to me, as the cq stuff is heavily planned out in fleets so that there is demand just for the best of the best is kinda natural. the special items are kinda intressting, it shows quite a clear focus or either spread in specialty of the team.