Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Because in PG there is the heavy tendency to just use the most powerful meta stuff. even when stuff is balanced it will get dropped due to something that is better.
Unfortunately you are right.. We loose this fight. He's is the great prison guard.

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I would aslo add as an additional argument: the participation, and the results so far, combined with the participation of a dev, does not really reflect this as a huge issue.

SpritHunter

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Spritzer-
Rank
I would aslo add as an additional argument: the participation, and the results so far, combined with the participation of a dev, does not really reflect this as a huge issue.
Its not a huge issue - just something that I think would benefit newer players and older alike when doing Soris or playing in a sirius sq for example. Also I doubt most people who voted No saw a Legionary in someone's hangar, I struggled to find one in any of the people in Askone.

STAIN

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
WorkingAsIntended
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
The huge issue is that devs are releasing ships are better in every single way than others without weaknesses... for engineers it was armor (easy kill while standing still) but now you cant kill heron (better engineer in pvps) matting even if you want to because well... also the skill cap goes lower and lower because using 2 buttons and doing nothing brings more value to the team than engineers nowdays. Tanks are nerfed aimscrambler is unreliable on other ships than tanks because you have to expect it to not work at all or give you 100% evasion and using ship that is so rng is a no go for min-maxxers... Aggrobomb does change the aggro on the user for... well 1 second because dps ships are doing much more... taunt is useless because having dps like lava and armor like lava is better so we have 2 base ships outdated... storm? good for beginners today you have obsidian... shock? well outdated by marl / poe or any ship that doesnt have aggrobeacon on such attack focused ship... summary? new items are cool we get that... but shame they were added as hybrids to lower systems where these base ships (old players grinded hard for them to get obsolete such great thing to do to your playerbase) are not that good of a choice anymore and will get forgotten because if you have that kind of cryo you are gonna buy something that is best for the task yes? Can we finally instead of adding new things to the game improve the existing ones so the choice is more appealing to playerbase... if we treat like legio / ghost are not huge design issue here since the beginning of the sirius then idk what is... i remember when i had to literally list every single story mission bug in the pg universe for someone to fix them... well apparently they werent huge issues there too like juggernaut doing nothing and standing still... the amount of denial is laughable... participation is lower and will go down with every release similar to heron / hornfels / lava because it makes game not fun at all... and if we talk about pirate mode participation can we get something reworked so being red is actually useful / fun again or open world pvp is dead too?

Redthorne

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Redthorne
Rank
Clan
Shamrock
Its not a huge issue - just something that I think would benefit newer players and older alike when doing Soris or playing in a sirius sq for example. Also I doubt most people who voted No saw a Legionary in someone's hangar, I struggled to find one in any of the people in Askone.
The only people I know that have a Legio in their hangar have it for trolling purposes.
I'm voting No because it has become such a meme now that I'd rather it stay that way :LOL:
Plus, as @alewx said, we know HP/speed balancing is automated, unless you rework the ship as a whole you can't buff it.

That being said, it is kinda off topic but related to item balancing, I'd like to ask @alewx why didn't Opal get the HP buff that n3 and n9 recently got? It's most likely a Scope Shifter thing so I'd expect Opal to be impacted as well.

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
That being said, it is kinda off topic but related to item balancing, I'd like to ask @alewx why didn't Opal get the HP buff that n3 and n9 recently got? It's most likely a Scope Shifter thing so I'd expect Opal to be impacted as well.
that is because at the release of the opal that was already in it included, i held the neon 3 and neon9 back as they were established ships and i was not sure the effect would find a positive impact. But got ensured that everyone would just benefit.

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The huge issue is that devs are releasing ships are better in every single way than others without weaknesses... for engineers it was armor (easy kill while standing still) but now you cant kill heron (better engineer in pvps) matting even if you want to because well... also the skill cap goes lower and lower because using 2 buttons and doing nothing brings more value to the team than engineers nowdays. Tanks are nerfed aimscrambler is unreliable on other ships than tanks because you have to expect it to not work at all or give you 100% evasion and using ship that is so rng is a no go for min-maxxers... Aggrobomb does change the aggro on the user for... well 1 second because dps ships are doing much more... taunt is useless because having dps like lava and armor like lava is better so we have 2 base ships outdated... storm? good for beginners today you have obsidian... shock? well outdated by marl / poe or any ship that doesnt have aggrobeacon on such attack focused ship... summary? new items are cool we get that... but shame they were added as hybrids to lower systems where these base ships (old players grinded hard for them to get obsolete such great thing to do to your playerbase) are not that good of a choice anymore and will get forgotten because if you have that kind of cryo you are gonna buy something that is best for the task yes? Can we finally instead of adding new things to the game improve the existing ones so the choice is more appealing to playerbase... if we treat like legio / ghost are not huge design issue here since the beginning of the sirius then idk what is... i remember when i had to literally list every single story mission bug in the pg universe for someone to fix them... well apparently they werent huge issues there too like juggernaut doing nothing and standing still... the amount of denial is laughable... participation is lower and will go down with every release similar to heron / hornfels / lava because it makes game not fun at all... and if we talk about pirate mode participation can we get something reworked so being red is actually useful / fun again or open world pvp is dead too?
There is someone really frustrated.
You know I was not around when Sirius started, not even when it was reworked the first two times.
I wonder how you imagine that new stuff gets introduced but that old players that worked with their tools at that time do not get obsolete, because you can not just always go forward with everything. Sniper items and Defender Items already follow the same principle and are not really that great.

And what is actually fun for you with pirate mode, to abuse other players until they leave and not return because you had so much fun with them? it is an act to keep things balanced, especially when they are 10 years old and established in the community, changes are not always all that welcome. there was just recently the change about the speedbooster with an enabled pirate mode, so it is not like nothing happens.

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
In my opinion, it is best to focus on something that will give everyone fun to play on my kalgan server there is no conquest because no one wants to fight I think it would be better to focus on some new events for players some new ships items paints etc I already have most of the stuff from the game and I don't have anything to do in the same events this is just my suggestion

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
It's not to defend Splitscreen or anything like that, but in the singularity what happened in years past that to get the myst you had to wait for years no longer happens, that was solved and its rotation is fixed in a certain period of time, that is, getting it doesn't take years

Indeed myst is better than basically any ancient, but knowing that why would you buy the others, unless it's on a whim I understand it, and it's something that happens in all games, I mean, since Alewx mentioned other games (I hope and not I burned at the stake as a witch) you have the greatest exponents of online games with a giant company that supports it, LoL, it has 56854895265 champions of which in a game you always see the same 10-20 champions, why? Because there are a defined meta, and if you want to use others (for example instead of using a myst a ghost) you are within your rights, but it is a whim

SpritHunter

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Spritzer-
Rank
LoL, it has 56854895265 champions of which in a game you always see the same 10-20 champions, why? Because there are a defined meta, and if you want to use others (for example instead of using a myst a ghost) you are within your rights, but it is a whim
Yeah that's called bad game design - LoL has champion win rates mostly balanced at around 50% - which as long as you are good, makes things balanced.
It beats me how this automatic system puts Myst to have more armor then Legionary or Ghost considering items. Or how Lava has so much HP ( exclude the +25% even ).

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I will say only one important thing. At the time when the sirius singularity lived on priority and the proliferation of rdx ships was not that prominent as it is now.

Nr.1 ships were the parsec class and of course the ancient space fleet.

At that time the Ancient ships were very good and this system/tech order worked (which unfortunately cannot be said about the ne0n ships). Depending on this, the opponents were also weaker at that time. I remember that Ancient ships and techs were regulated to level 85 (which would be a regular symbolic tech level nowadays). The opponents served at level 79.

The rdx ships have always managed to cause problems and frustration. Many of the rdx ships are sometimes better than the ne0n ships. Without the rdx ships, you could not complete the storyline so lightly.

For this reason, these ships cannot be strengthened or modified. Unless you classify these ships as special e.g. a higher armor for the 6th ring which we will never get or Ancient armor 91. Advanced Ancient armor 99.

The level of each ship determines its performance and endurance. Many laugh but I have already hunted the sentry down with my Punisher on erebos.

A higher armor level would be the right way.
Ships without a aim computer should have a better chance of hitting if they have a rocket slot like the Legionary and Punisher. The aggrobomb could get a higher range.

Maybe it was a mistake to leave the Ancient ships In the background, they could have introduced the ne0n ships in the oort system or after the time of Tau ceti/oort. So you would have 3 ship classes for tau ceti /oort.
1. Parsec class
2. RDX class
3. Ancient class

That would also have fit better.. But that's too broad a topic which digresses. Enough from me. Good night

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Now that you mention it, I don't see it as very easy to do a specific mission from Erebos, draining the well

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Now that you mention it, I don't see it as very easy to do a specific mission from Erebos, draining the well
Erebos is not that easy I know that. I.. We tried the solo sentry missi at least 10 times. But I guarantee, draining the well is not that hard as it seems. And without the rdx ships this mission can never be done. It can never be done with only ne0n shops including the rare ne0ns.

Parsec could do them. Ancients ships had a chance to if they would raised to 99.

Sooner or later I will upload the draining the well mission. I just have enough time to edit that.. It's a file size about 22gb or so. I have captured the mission 3 times.

Anyway.. According to my knowledge there are 6 Ancient ships that have served on different star systems(calon storyline walks us through those stars stems - vega raven, antares ghost etc) . Now that we have Tau Ceti and Oort system, there is a good chance that we will see X ship of this space fleet in the future. I am really for it, but not for changing the existing ships. That has been done so many times. An Ancient class just like the rdx/parsec stuff, is what I dreame off in this game.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
I know that draining the well is easy, I already did it 2 or 3 times I think, the fact is that without the specific RDX as you mention, the mission becomes simply impossible to carry out

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
There are Tau Ceti ships that can be useful in draining the well, but in my personal opinion there are only 3, among them the gorilla, in any case, they are very specific ships but the rest are RDX that without those I don't see how they could be do

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
There are Tau Ceti ships that can be useful in draining the well, but in my personal opinion there are only 3, among them the gorilla, in any case, they are very specific ships but the rest are RDX that without those I don't see how they could be do
probably the ne0n ships were not designed for the erebos story missions at all. maybe it was a technical failure by arranging these ships misleading component. same goes for the ne0n x ships. full squadron with fox or gorilla can't do anything on erebos storyline, but if you consider pve opponents, .. then yes.

if you put an ancient space fleet together as a full squadron with five punisher or five myst, the impact is glorious. the five legionary in a full squadron would also be pretty invincible. i bet something like that has hardly been tested.

the same is true for the parsec ships, but this does not work for the ne0n ships. why? well the damage is missing the entry is greater than the exit.

that's why there were always problems with the humpback on venar with undercover job. the myst would be done twice with this mission.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Indeed, a squadron of ancient ships could do these Erebos missions very easily, but hey, the armor XD

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Indeed, a squadron of ancient ships could do these Erebos missions very easily, but hey, the armor XD
yeah, well buff them and they will rise like the ghost of sparta xD armor is nothing when a god can destroy them easily xD these little puppies have the love(ours), but the developers probably don't like to cuddle with the ancient spaceships. result= ne0n's :LOL:

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Well at least in case of the Ghost I know why it is so shitty^^ That thing just doesn't know what it wants to be: Perforator(I really hit you) Aimscrambler(argghh don't hit me) Repairfield(i help everyone) Speedbuff(moar boosters!).
What shall you do with a perforator at a ship that just has no other offensive capabilities. To me just a stupid combination of items. what would you do with this even if it had more HP....

While the Legionary has Rocket which drains HP from the ship and the Stundome too.
Rocket Aggrobomb Resurrect Stundome
Loots not as broken as Ghost to me; two offensives with a debuff and a support item.
It is a combination of 3 classes so that might be its overkill, and combo of just 2 would be enough.

these little puppies have the love(ours), but the developers probably don't like to cuddle with the ancient spaceships. result= ne0n's :LOL:
fiddling with established content is always risky.