Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
But TC4 is not implemented yet...

Trailer was very good, didn't think it will be that long. Visually not many things changed after the stream, and that Queen return..

Also, The challenge map seems to be the Lost Hangar concept... isn't it? :p

Anyways, good job @Highway , I am hyped for the new update. Let's finish Mantis last and for all :)
Nun, na und ...

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Looks at least interesting but also is raising some questions... alone in regards to why Raven Dynamics is in the system and if their Reactor Challenge will only give the chance for another Cortex item (when i remember it correctly there was the talk about a new one) and/or if it will offer the chance to earn Signets and they should act then as some sort of currency for exclusive rewards that can only be obtained with those signets.

Aside from that after Rocket Turrs; Stun Turrs; F-Rep Turrs; the Mantis now also seem to have CC-Turrs
CC Tower.jpg

Those could be the TC Rare ships
Possible TC Rare ships.jpg

Possible TC Rare ships1.jpg

And this looks like the TC Rare Blaster that has at least an more interesting animation that the lame versions from Vega - Mizar and Drac as the Sol Rare Blaster has at least an different animation as well
Possible TC blaster1.jpgPossible TC Blaster.jpg

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
the queen is back and the cortex planet is awesome. nice work on part 4, but what about the ''mephisto nebula'' that should be in draconis where the ancients orginally came from and the ''unknown asteroid field'' that should be on tau ceti? by the way very nice work on the ancient stargate!🤙

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
If the teasers released, how close would we be to confirming a release date?

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys

Due to Tau Ceti Part 4 being released on the nearest date probably, there are a few things I don't like regarding the preparation of the new update that is connected to the trailer content as well. This will be stated below, and I'll explain the reason why these are critics I give.
1. Low number of story missions (only 8) for the final chapter of Ancient system discovery
2. Organization of the previous Tau Ceti Part 3
3. "Tau Ceti Part 4 | Unknown Mantis System" (trailer text statement)

Statement 1
Statement 1 and 2 are closely related for a similar reason.
Just thinking that there will be only 8 missions of the storyline in the final chapter, makes me think that I won't have joyful story discovery. With only 8 missions, the things that weren't shown earlier are not the proper way of finishing one system. We don't have pretty much any knowledge about what "Ancients" are, neither with last few missions of the previous Tau Ceti Part (TC Part 3).
Down below in second statement is the reason why this number of missions isn't enough for this part.

Statement 2 - Organization of the previous Tau Ceti Part 3
Before the real meaning about this statement, I will first talk about Tau Ceti Part 3 and Tau Ceti Part 1.
These 2 parts have a thing in common, that is that Pirates are present on Venar and Calon.
Pirates proven to be strong in pair with ancients in these 2 parts, but what was the fail in Tau Ceti Part 3, was their presenting and final mission for Pirate faction - where we win over their leader - Barossa.
Barossa was the leader of pirates who managed to steal ancient technology, and the mission with him was pretty much easy, aside from just having a "long time" to destroy buildings. The fight with Barossa, in my opinion, should have been similar/same as the mission "Regain what was lost" where we kill the "big boss".
This mission just disappointed me where the Barossa was almost same as normal pirates on the planet, not any stronger, not any mightier in technology, just the number of forces was different to that which was proven.

Okay, back to the main thing down below.

The thing is, with already released Part 3, the thing different than Tau Ceti Part 4 is that there are a lot of missions. However, the missions themselves have less meaning to being close to the discovery of Ancients identity. Many missions focus on defending, disabling Mantis/Ancients defense systems and discovering what are the ancient buildings.
That to some point negates my statement in meaning - "Well, it does help us uncover the ancient identity".
At the end of Tau Ceti Part 3, we fought a hard-fought battle with Swarm Commanders that we had so much trouble with since Tau Ceti Part 1 (Venar). From these battles, we earned data that will help us reach the location of Tau Ceti Part 4 planet. This doesn't leave us empty-handed, but it doesn't give us any clue about their homeland, and we practically are going there without any knowledge, which exactly is the plan of this part.
With only 8 missions in Part 4, the point that we were waiting to learn more about Ancients, maybe won't fulfill our desire to have the full through story of Ancients and finally have our way trough their history, homeland and objects. That, by my opinion, won't be enough to satisfy the thirst of the players of this game.

The only thing is the trailer text that changed some of the meaning that could be held behind this.

Statement 3
There is only one condition that can fulfill these conditions. That is related to the second statement - "Tau Ceti Part 4 | Unknown Mantis System", since this can mean different things that aren't announced of course.
Tau Ceti Part 4 is supposed to be the last part of the homeland of the Ancients, not Mantis. With 8 story missions, aside from the new Reactor Challenge planet that is planned in this update, this could be an introduction to the new Planet System where Mantis reside.
If the Ancients aren't defeated in Tau Ceti, will we have the introduction to the new system after these 8 missions (so called "Lagrange Singularity") that was talked about since 2012 as the idea after Tau Ceti system.

I hope there will be some understanding, as we have some misunderstandings regarding the last Part of Tau Ceti system that is the core of Ancient Artifacts that we are collecting since Vega System since our start of journey.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Well the main fear i have with the number of Story Missions is that they either make them insanly long, insanly hard with a ton of failure conditions or a combination of both (Triangulation Trap aka Triang Fun as prime example here) just to artificially stretch the time it takes to completed them.

The issue here is that SSG need to consider the population on the servers as most Missions since TC2 require at least 1-2 OC Squads just to keep the non story units at bay cus otherwise some missions would have no chance of being completed (again Triangulation Trap as prime example).

If i consder alone how many Missions needed at least a couple of attempt just to complete them in combination of the time it took to complete them it was easily doable to waste 1-x hours just for one mission alone.

As i still sit at the 3rd or so Story of TC3 i can not fully speak about the Story of Calon and what info it provides at this point but need to admit that the whole story in TC is a bit convoluted imo as i could not really make out much connections for the lore here and from my understanding the Ancients where already at earth and some sort of facility was activated during a Venar Mission and that Earth got invaded during the final Venar Mission.

But most pieces inbetween the story had no real point of orientation for me and i classed TC2 into some sort of "Big evacuation of humanity in order to save it from the invasion thingy" with "Mantis showing that the use the Ancients for their own goal by using their tech" or something around that line + the factor that some chars seem to get killed during TC2 for some reason.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?

Due to Tau Ceti Part 4 being released on the nearest date probably, there are a few things I don't like regarding the preparation of the new update that is connected to the trailer content as well. This will be stated below, and I'll explain the reason why these are critics I give.
1. Low number of story missions (only 8) for the final chapter of Ancient system discovery
2. Organization of the previous Tau Ceti Part 3
3. "Tau Ceti Part 4 | Unknown Mantis System" (trailer text statement)

Statement 1
Statement 1 and 2 are closely related for a similar reason.
Just thinking that there will be only 8 missions of the storyline in the final chapter, makes me think that I won't have joyful story discovery. With only 8 missions, the things that weren't shown earlier are not the proper way of finishing one system. We don't have pretty much any knowledge about what "Ancients" are, neither with last few missions of the previous Tau Ceti Part (TC Part 3).
Down below in second statement is the reason why this number of missions isn't enough for this part.

Statement 2 - Organization of the previous Tau Ceti Part 3
Before the real meaning about this statement, I will first talk about Tau Ceti Part 3 and Tau Ceti Part 1.
These 2 parts have a thing in common, that is that Pirates are present on Venar and Calon.
Pirates proven to be strong in pair with ancients in these 2 parts, but what was the fail in Tau Ceti Part 3, was their presenting and final mission for Pirate faction - where we win over their leader - Barossa.
Barossa was the leader of pirates who managed to steal ancient technology, and the mission with him was pretty much easy, aside from just having a "long time" to destroy buildings. The fight with Barossa, in my opinion, should have been similar/same as the mission "Regain what was lost" where we kill the "big boss".
This mission just disappointed me where the Barossa was almost same as normal pirates on the planet, not any stronger, not any mightier in technology, just the number of forces was different to that which was proven.

Okay, back to the main thing down below.

The thing is, with already released Part 3, the thing different than Tau Ceti Part 4 is that there are a lot of missions. However, the missions themselves have less meaning to being close to the discovery of Ancients identity. Many missions focus on defending, disabling Mantis/Ancients defense systems and discovering what are the ancient buildings.
That to some point negates my statement in meaning - "Well, it does help us uncover the ancient identity".
At the end of Tau Ceti Part 3, we fought a hard-fought battle with Swarm Commanders that we had so much trouble with since Tau Ceti Part 1 (Venar). From these battles, we earned data that will help us reach the location of Tau Ceti Part 4 planet. This doesn't leave us empty-handed, but it doesn't give us any clue about their homeland, and we practically are going there without any knowledge, which exactly is the plan of this part.
With only 8 missions in Part 4, the point that we were waiting to learn more about Ancients, maybe won't fulfill our desire to have the full through story of Ancients and finally have our way trough their history, homeland and objects. That, by my opinion, won't be enough to satisfy the thirst of the players of this game.

The only thing is the trailer text that changed some of the meaning that could be held behind this.

Statement 3
There is only one condition that can fulfill these conditions. That is related to the second statement - "Tau Ceti Part 4 | Unknown Mantis System", since this can mean different things that aren't announced of course.
Tau Ceti Part 4 is supposed to be the last part of the homeland of the Ancients, not Mantis. With 8 story missions, aside from the new Reactor Challenge planet that is planned in this update, this could be an introduction to the new Planet System where Mantis reside.
If the Ancients aren't defeated in Tau Ceti, will we have the introduction to the new system after these 8 missions (so called "Lagrange Singularity") that was talked about since 2012 as the idea after Tau Ceti system.

I hope there will be some understanding, as we have some misunderstandings regarding the last Part of Tau Ceti system that is the core of Ancient Artifacts that we are collecting since Vega System since our start of journey.
as far as i can tell the ancients seems to collect data from the known starsystems and build there the relaystation that watches over the planet/starsystem. and the big point are that the methanoids are telling that the ancients are born in the nebula, where the meta snipers hunted them down there and then the war happened with the mantis and methanoids back in draconis. the betray should be on the side of the methanoids, because they using ancient techs too, i said the once.

the queen once said that the real enemie is the ,,methanoid swarm'' maybe we will see them, but not in part 4.

the part 4 planet has ancient wracks that sink into the ground, mostly anubis oder giza.

i dont see where the real suprise is from part 4, reactor challenge with the lost hangar? looks nice, but i really thought we will see finally the ,,unknown asteriod field'' or the ,,mephisto nebula'' in draconis which sould be nearby with arkon. and as i've seen the mantis-system has 3 planet. the homeplanet and the reactor planet which is collided and another planet.

the biggest question is what will lagrange in the future? the ancients system? who knows ... but the importan thing is the new stargate . you could ask why the mantis hunted the artifacts down, i think behind this stargate is something special, we will definitely not see like a wormhole or something in tau ceti, like the s.u.r.g.e the ancients will prepare the stargate for the homeworld of the mantis which is behind this new stargate. the stargate looks very ancient-like, not a thing that the mantis created. remember the time when the stargates are deactivated on vega for some reason.

the mantis-system seems like there is no other life form and what are the planets that they sucked to the death like on draconis? what if when the ancients and mantis was once an allie eons ago?

highway said that the ancients will play a role, but not a big role we wanted to so. calon and the mantis planet are connected and they are using their techs and i bet everything on that the ancient entity wants to know why and will get some of them captured.

we also know that the ancient entity has been compensated, which means to have one you have to lose the other. therefore, the entity is a fixed part of calon and is not a cosmic being as he once was, we have up to 5 or 6 ancient temples that are not powered anymore, vega and gemini. and i build the storyline exactly there where i wanted.

in the story of lagrange i did write on @-BoH- topic, mostly the ancients will turn against us in the lagrange, but later on the ancient entity will vanish somewhere back in the time, before everything and i wanted to create a storyline where we need to search him through time travels while using the wormholes for it. the very beginning of vega gemini and draconis. the point was that the ancient entity seeing his mistakes of the past over and over again did by the cosmis entity on mephisto nebula.

if lagrange will ever be a thing, it should include more lore about the ancients. and if the mantis-system will get a chance to reborn, the ancients should be a thing more than the methanoids are right know.

Green

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
GreenSpider
Rank
new Information about the release Date of Part 4?

MFG GreenSpider

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
1st of April of course :ROFLMAO:

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
I think maybe this month :cheeky:

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
How the hell did you predict this
Well there are several factors that played a role here.

First of all the info that a new Cortex is planed and should come with TC and another one is the concept art of the Lost Hangar that looked very symetrical what indicates that it was meant for something else then a Story Planets Surface. I know that it gives the other CQ Planets that have no symetrical layout at all and could have been used as Story planets as well but the lost Hangar would have not really offered much options to implement a story arc at all aside from maybe fly from one corner to the other and do something there.

At least this is my assumption of "how he could predict this"

Status
Not open for further replies.