What's new

What part of the game is this?

Obitus

Reaction score
True enough. I can't do videos because of maintenance and there is no point because you are correct. The only ways of escaping the OS is:
  • AB out of OS range
  • Orbit before OS goes off
  • Since you are a primarily myst pilot--use a protector
  • Don't go red

None of these are satisfactory but until SS fixes it, it's what happens.

paljr

Reaction score
If it is an offensive like a blaster then player should not be able to orbit right away like a blaster as you are in combat..He seems to be taking advantage of a bug/glitch which shouldn't be allowed to happen when using offensive weapons whether blasters or Orbital Strikes!!!

akwilsona

Reaction score
I whole-heartedly agree. If you use an offensive(sorry about your feelings)weapon you should automatically be put in "red" or as us real players call it "Combat mode". Yellowbeard using and exploiting a glitch in the system and allowed to get away with it is outright betrayal by SS and it's players.
It is not on the GMs but on the Developers of the whole system. Leave the GM's out of this. As Zeithius told me once: "I am but one voice amongst all players, and I am afraid you are louder."

Obitus

Reaction score
That is one of the best quotes I've heard in a while. Cheers Zeithius!

L3giT

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
L3giT
Rank
the 1st clip, is possible to do that, you just have to be really quick and Orbit Before the Blaster touches your ship, the enemy players ship dont go red when you have fired a blaster, only when it touches him, but you do go red because you FIRED the blaster.. i've even done that myself, the OS Splash doesnt reach his ship so its L3giT

and the second clip, i have no idea how he did it, in fact, i was amazed that how he could have done that, never seen something like that, :eek: :eek: so in that clip, i have nothing to say but maybe he was pressing the "Orbit" Button (i think its f5 or f6 i dont remember) really quick before touch the ground, but your friend (the owner of the ideo) was able to lock him and shoot, so as far as i know when someone lands you can lock him only when its already on the ground, but he did manage to orbit, i dont really know, but thats what i think how he did it ^^

Greetings!

Joe-Bob

Reaction score
L3giT, players don't go into combat when they shoot until their blaster touches. If you watch again, when the player fires, it doesnt immediately put him into combat mode, only when it gets to the target does it put him in combat. This can be seen in the second link when he actives the OS (it doesn't put him in combat until the target gets hit) and orbits before it hits the target. Also, the OS splash was an OS coming from the player who was in question in the video. Even if they changed it recently, that still wouldn't explain the issue of him orbitting with taunts on him, as taunts are instant and put both players in combat mode instantly.

ZeribreX

Reaction score
In my studies I learned how to be a necromancer and bring un-animate things back to life. Lemme look at my notes to see how to do this..right.

Buttmad buttmad gimme gimme more buttmad, I've heard complainers about this before. But this is the best one yet, you guys are so butthurt it actually hurts my butt thinking about it. You need to resort to reporting petty things to the forums whilst acting dumb in the whole act and immediately accusing cheats on those who are podding you? Sorry guys but godmode favouritism isn't in this game, you can't gain it by sucking up and trying hard to get people banned. Infact the main point here should be that you can do this 'HAXORSC.H.E.A.T(Children Hate Eating All Turnips)' with any weapon, Even a trolol Thermoblast. Land, tab, strong thermo at same time as f5' it isn't rocket science. You can target a pilot while you're landing when the UI is invisible. Maybe if you tried this with trial and error you'd find these things out instead of QQing on the forums, or are you afraid that if you try to do these things you'll give in to the 'HAXORSC.H.E.A.T(Children Hate Eating All Turnips)' and thus make this whole point of this topic render useless. Which in it's sense would be wrong. Because if that were the case, that would mean that because you can do it, it's alright. But as soon as someone you don't like uses it, REPRTREPRTHAXORSREPRTSENDSCREENSCANTWININANONLINEGAME.

Those that miss me, this is all just a figment of reality, my past self talking for me. A hologram if you will, this post will only become clear to those that it bothers, the other people that aren't bothered will see it and it will tell a humorous joke and make em laugh.

Did I do my necromancer right? Does it need tweaking?

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
You say too much here, and devs still dont care... You just have to live with this "cheat" and other things in Bug Galaxy or leave the game, as I've done... People doin this are just chickens like EoNs in Askone Server, they arent able to play in straight fair way... as i said earlier you have to live with this, or maybe do the same like them? Think more deep guys... Is there still a sense to play pg? Is there still a sense to waste your time or sometimes even your own cash? SSG do clearly nothing to improve the gameplay. Tau Ceti. Where is it? Bug fixing. Where is it? Lagspikes fixing. Where is it? Maybe I went somewhere else than a topic suggests to go but my "text" contains this topic too. And I hope SSG wont delete my post or even ban me. Greetings from me, retired pilot JustaRavenPL, lvl 85, server Askone.

Joe-Bob

Reaction score
Zeribrex, No one here is complaining about being podded. Nowhere in this thread has anyone said/implied that because one player killed them, they must be cheating. However, you made some pretty accusatory statements (which are blatantly untrue) in your comment, but i'll ignore those and stay on topic.....The issue is that the other player is able to orbit after being attacked, while also being able to attack other players. He is able to orbit even while taunted/thermo'd.

1. If player A is able to kill player B without being put in combat mode and orbitting even after being shot/taunted, how is it fair/equal "fight" (if you can even call it that) for player B?

2. If "everyone" is able to do this, why does no one else do it? (please refrain from saying "well i/someone i know can do it too, so it's not just him, therefore everyone can/does do it"...if you don't understand why thats a conflict of interest then i dunno man........) Also, where are the complaints/tickets from other players about people essentially killing them from orbit and them being able to do nothing about it even if they shoot/taunt/thermo them?

3. You may be right. If i spend an hour or two trying to find a way to land, kill and orbit without the game registering me as being on the planet (even while being shot/taunted) i just might be able to do it...Too bad i'm too busy actually fighting on the surface, unlike some people who have to resort to glitches (or whatever you want to call this) in the game to compete...I have better things to do than figure out ways to kill without the other person being able to fight back...frankly i have no need or desire to either...it takes the fun out of it for me...but maybe its what some people need to win...and no, that is not directed at anyone specifically.

4. It just so happens that the only player ive ever seen do this also happens to be a player i don't particularly like. I don't particularly like the vast majority of players on my server, but I don't go around looking for the whatever i can find to try and report them, as you suggest i do.

5. If you do have proof of being able to do this (land, attack, orbit while being shot at/taunted/thermo'd then please do enlighten the rest of us. However, if the other person's taunt works and you are unable to orbit, that proves that the yellowbeard was doing something abnormal as he was in fact able to orbit with the taunt on him (though the taunt was not demonstrated in the particular clip, the aggrobomb and multiple peoples blasters were and they were put in combat mode. as stated earlier, both players only go into combat mode when either players blaster reaches/hit their target, not before). If their taunt goes on, and you still orbit, then congratulations, youd be the second person ive ever seen do that and also have proven my point to be true.

I would also like to point out that since this thread was posted, I have not seen/heard complaints from anyone else of this player doing this. To me, that has guilt written all over it, because if he truly believed there was nothing wrong with what he was doing, he'd still be doing it...but now he's suddenly decided to stop.

ZeribreX

Reaction score
Tl;dr but scanned through it.

If I tried getting back in the game it wouldn't work, I changed my password to literally spam on the keyboard and copypastad it in the confirm, my email is also changed to one that no longer exists. So as far as your request to test goes, sorry. No can do. Not going back to this game again.

As for elaboration, there has been plenty of times that I can remember, where say...Mreid4 has gone to orbit right as someone put a Thermo on him, which lead to him being podded in orbit. I've seen people get taunted as they orbitted. Its all to do with server lag, if you press F5 you don't instantly orbit, there is a tiny slight delay. In that delay it doesn't matter if 50 players are shooting you. Once that tiny delay is up you're going to orbit. I know as soon as I say this last part you guys are all going to denydenydenynottruenottrue cause apparently thr truth will kill you guys and you're too afraid to admit it. On that time where there was about 50k bounty on Gazica. White Wolf got about 36k of it and Abd away from LZ. Dark Devastator being in his Domi put a taunt on White, few seconds later White still got to Orbit. Be it he pressed F5 and had a bit of server lag on his side. But there was about 2-3 seconds that he was taunted and was still able to orbit. It was that time where the 2nd instance was created because of your 25+ players and you guys accused us of using cheats to make our own instance LOL. But that's another topic.

Also, I'm not in denial of anything you've said this topic, just don't jump to conclusions. Just because they're doing this unfairly doesn't mean they're cheating. Cheats are COMPLETELY different to Hacks, exploits, etc. What you might be seeing, is them exploiting that tiny delay in server lag. Especially if there is a lot of maintenance going on. Maintenance stopped, Yellowbeard stops. (No idea when they stopped or when he stopped, haven't played in months)

ZeribreX

Reaction score
If you guys want an easier explanation feel free to unban me from the SOB TS and I'll go in depth. It is hard to explain using just text as you can't see completely how the person is saying it. You're free to re-ban afterwards if you feel you need to. I'd rather talk about it than waste my time waiting for you to reply on here each time. Atleast then I'm getting instant answers

Joe-Bob

Reaction score
Zeribrex, nowhere in this thread has anyone accusing him of "cheating" (if by "cheating" you mean using an illegal program or something like that). Although, the definition of "cheating" is "1. act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination." so by definition, exploiting this glitch/lag/whatever it is in fact "cheating". But aside from that...I did however, like you, mention it being unfair as well as a "glitch/exploit". My main point was that it needed to be fixed...in order to find out what "it" is, i gave an example of it happening and details of the occurrences. I also gave examples and reasons as to why it should be fixed and how this ruins gameplay for other players. It was/is not my intention to just try and get someone banned....

I was there when he got the 36k bounty from you guys and Dark Devastator was killed soon after he had taunted, so White Wolf only had to wait the normal 8 seconds to get out of combat before orbitting. And then, like you said, there was server lag so maybe it was the full 8 seconds, maybe it cut it short...maybe pg was lagging enough to register his F5 a little late...dunno. But in any case, yellowbeard is/was able to do it at will, regardless of server lag, and he is able to do it consistently.

Also, no one accused sin of cheating and creating their own instance on gaz, however there were a lot of things said and suspicion considering all sin members landed in one instance and everyone else landed in the main one. Volk the Victor even went on to call it "sin instance". Aside from that, i have never heard of a non-sirius planet having multiple instances, and in many cases there have been 25+ people on surface and it did not suddenly create a second instance. For example, many many invasions/events that have had 30-40+ participants on a single planet and it did not create a second instance (of course it lagged like crazy but...), so it was very odd/suspicious as it only happened when a GM came online and sat in orbit, and then Volk started calling it "sin instance" because only sin could land in it, while everyone else continued to land in the normal instance. But you're right, that is indeed a different topic...

ZeribreX

Reaction score
Joe-Bob said:
Obitus said:
White Wolf said:
A friend of mine showed me a video which he posted on you tube that demonstrates the technique I'm describing here so I thought I'd post the link so you can actually see what I'm talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSnpHcNb ... e=youtu.be
Obitus wrote:
and you have enough time to secure a shot and keep the said pilot in red.
This would be true if not for what ever glitch/cheat he's using. As I said, even taunts and thermos don't keep him on the planet. I've taunted him personally and seen several other tank pilots taunt him and he will orbit with the taunt on. I've also seen him orbit on fire from thermo-blasts.
Joe-Bob said:
1. You're completely missing the point. Regardless of where the other pilots happen to be, he is using this glitch/cheat to kill other players whilst being completely invulnerable. This is a player being able to kill you without you being able to fight back in any way possible, which is NOT part of the game and is NOT intended/fair gameplay. "PVP" stands for Player vs. Player, meaning both sides being able to fight eachother, not just one side >essentially< killing a player from orbit.

Joe-Bob said:
How do you propose we "find a way to avoid this" if there are players in white following someone in red and having someone waiting in orbit to land and do this glitch/cheat where they can't be touched but can kill you with 1 OS in most cases? If you have an idea for ways to combat this (since taunts, shooting, thermos, etc doesn't work) please, share your thoughts as to how we should "avoid" this or how we can fight back against this
No one accused him of cheating? Those all look like accusations to me, especially that video. Nice google definition there also, it's sad you need to search to know the correct definition of 'cheat' before coming back here and replying. Regardless if using it for reference or not. That is a general definition yes, but in gaming terms one refers cheating as to using 3rd party programs, injecting code into their account to give themselves Cryo/Gold etc or altering their ships values to give themselves an advantage. That is the real definition of cheating when it comes to online games, the definition you see is the opinionated version, for example 'He popped the rainbow so he cheated in the 1v1' That is an opinionated definition and a very hypocritical one at that, but that's another topic once again. In this thread you and others have accused Yellow of using cheats to make it so he can still orbit while in combat mode while people are shooting him.

Joe-Bob

Reaction score
I could have told you the real (real as in factual/official) definition of cheating without googling it, but I like to be credible and so I got the definition from a credible source so that there's no confusion...basically, so that your definition of the word is the same as my definition of it because it's the actual/official definition of the word. Also, I think you should read the beginning part of my last comment again...

Joe-Bob wrote:
Zeribrex, nowhere in this thread has anyone accusing him of "cheating" (if by "cheating" you mean using an illegal program or something like that). Although, the definition of "cheating" is "1. act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination." so by definition, exploiting this glitch/lag/whatever it is in fact "cheating".
In other words, no one accused him of using a 3rd party program to do this but rather a glitch/exploit within the game.

Regardless of this; again it is/was not my intention just to try and get someone banned, but to get this glitch/exploit taken care of. If there was anyone else using this, I would have used them in/as an example as well. However, it just so happens that yellowbeard appears to be the only one doing it openly/able to exploit it at all. I used words like glitch/exploit/cheat in order to convey to mods/gms how/why this is an issue and those words do define what the issue is. I'm not saying "ban yellowbeard because he used this to kill me", im saying "Splitscreen plz fix your game so people can't exploit this glitch to kill people unfairly".

spocklet

Reaction score
Simple solution - disable PM on ALL planets, except cq planets, where players are there for a reason (to fight) and that is understood by all. Now yeah I understand that you can't access cq planets except during 'official times', but if two or more players want to PvP then allow them to land for that specific purpose !!

As you can see in my profile, I come from a time when a player had to choose to 'go red', they couldn't be 'made' to go red by another not even by a GM, and PM could be deactivated unlike now where once it's activated it's impossible to deactivate, NOT a major leap forward in gaming imho !!

Will anything change ?? Probably not, and players will continue to exploit glitches that SS seem unwilling or unable to do anything about, and the complaints will continue. It all seemed so much better in my day !! :confused:

Joe-Bob

Reaction score
spocklet said:
Simple solution - disable PM on ALL planets, except cq planets
What...No...I don't...I can't even.......No. What. Where do I even begin. Just no. No.

spocklet said:
I come from a time when a player had to choose to 'go red', they couldn't be 'made' to go red by another not even by a GM, and PM could be deactivated unlike now where once it's activated it's impossible to deactivate, NOT a major leap forward in gaming imho !!
That's still the case today. No one can be "made" to go red by another player. They can be antagonized and such, but ultimately each player has to choose whether to go red or not and now they even get a warning message before they make a final decision. I remember when you could turn PM on and off as well. It kinda sucked when they took that away, but it makes sense because now people can't just go red, kill someone and then turn PM off and laugh as the person they just killed can't do anything to them. It now allows people a shot at redemption/revenge kind of. It makes sense.

spocklet

Reaction score
No, why ?? Seems perfectly logical to me dude !!

And thanks for that, I was under the impression a 'red' player could somehow 'hit' a 'white' player and turn him 'red', whether he wanted to or not. Thanks for clearing that up for me !!