Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
V15HY
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
Hi fellow Pirate galaxy enjoyers, Developers and Gm's,

Its been a year since the release of Tauceti 4 and everyone is satisfied with the ending of mantis storyline (I think). Now we would like to know what comes next in the future of the game we all love.
Here is a list of things which in my opinion would be great additions.

1) PVP Overhaul 2

Now this is something that we really need. Everyone enjoys pvp right? Sadly not. Some servers actively don't have conquests or colossus. Even pvp outside these events are nill. The reason for this could be argued as less number of players in those servers, But the main issue is lack of interest in pvp.

I would like to suggest a leaderboard for pvp players based on bounty with weekly reset and a reward for top 5 players. This will encourage more players to press that pirate mode button and engage in pvp outside of conquest/colossus.

Some may disagree but I also think that pirate mode should be removed. Players should be able to shoot/pod anyone at any time(Except buddy list, clan members) and embrace the true pirate mentality :D

2) Broken items/ Re balancing

Another problem is heavy imbalance of items such as Stun Charge, Corruption Clouds, Magnet Traps, Damage Inverter, The meta always seem to revolve around these items.
We need nerfs to these items and buffs to those that are rarely used/useless in pvp (Did someone say taunt).

3) Conquest changes

It has been 2 years since the conquest rework landed and 1 year since Open team battles released. I think everyone would agree that the reception to these updates were extremely good but now we see a slow decline in the number of players that participate. No conquests in servers such as Kalgan, Aeria, Solaria (Will come back to this later) and Askone where I am from has seen a rapid decline in OTB numbers. This is connected to my first & second points but also is due to the team selection process. Here are some changes that would help,

1. The players should be greeted with a single enlist button, The team they are in must be hidden until they have landed. Why this change? This will help with the issue of teams being very unbalanced, Typically experienced players join one side and inexperienced players join another which leads to one sided conquests.
  2. A window at the end of conquest that showcases players with most kills and players with most ores collected so that they can be highlighted as ace and honoured.
  3. Removal of 3 day clan cooldown to 1 day would also be welcome. The 3 day cooldown is completely unnecessary, If changed the players can freely join clans for conquests and go back to their clan without the long wait.
  4. A less important change would be a decrease in cooldown for giving out clan cryonite to 5 days or 3 days. 2 weeks cooldown is impractically long and doesn't serve a purpose.

4) Alliance changes

Alliances have no benefit, it serves no purpose other than a shiny blue chat to communicate. The old conquest system gave the chance for allies to participate in conquests.
We need some form of that system where allies can jump in to help clans in conquests and make them bigger (Maybe an increase in player cap to 30v30 would help in servers with more conquest activity)

5) Server merge

I can sense GM's and Developer's collectively sighing reading this ^^, This has been suggested numerous times and we all know that some servers have not been doing well. There was a poll and an infamous thread regarding this topic few years back. Its high time for such a change as Servers like Solaria, Aeria, Kalgan, Trantor are dying rapidly.

6) Cross Server Conquest Tournament

Now this would be a very hype event. Cross server conquest tournament to find out which server is superior! Jokes aside this would be a really cool event which can be held on the PTR, It would boost interest in conquests and pvp in general. @Fission held an amazing 2v2 tournament recently so the gm's could organize this event mayhaps.
(Idea stolen from @Getagripx )

That's all I can think of at the top of my head, I hope everyone sees this and replies with their agreements disagreements or new ideas.

Jaax

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jaax
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
The most fun I had on this game was on the PTR was so much stupid fun with massive CQs, meeting pirates from other servers, massive colos and huge PvP fights outside of Colo / CQ. While many items need reworks, buffing and or nerfing, our server is just not PvP based, while other servers have a lot of interest in PvP askone just doesn't. I don't really see those players ever taking an interest in PvP after the comments I have seen during our PvP tournament. At this point I would just rather transfer my account to some place else. All you ideas are good and I personally would welcome them and adding on to your PvP revamp I would suggest Pirate mode disabling missing, reducing the damage RNG and giving players a exponential buff depending on their bounty e.g cryo etc.

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
poitu
Rank
Clan
Golfos del Universo
Between OTB first point, I'm agree with all other things, even i thiked in move my askone acc to another place like Jax told, i asked GM's for it a lot of times and some of them answered with "this game is not allowed to do that" or "if you do it imagine what the rest of the players will do", come on what game doesn't make transfer, or merges to get the game alive? I just see excuses and losing my interest in this game. Greetings from -GDU- AA

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
I want to emphasize the merger of servers, I have always said it, I have always affirmed it, and I will never doubt it

The servers don't merge because they don't want to, or out of simple laziness, I don't know if anyone remembers that from 2018 onwards, you could play PG from facebook, no, not using the facebook login on the pirategalaxy.com page I'm talking about facebook natively , something like this

facebook4.png

When it was played at that time from facebook I remember that on one occasion I asked support to migrate my facebook account to splitscreen, and the answer was no, that this required a long and complicated process, that basically as a facebook player I had to die on facebook forever and ever

But oh surprise, in 2018 facebook says "we will no longer support your game to play it from our page, we let you know, you see what they do", I don't know if that information reached splitscreen days or months before we The community will notify us, but regardless of that, THEY RELEASED AN AUTOMATIC MIGRATION TOOL WHERE YOU SHOULD NOT EVEN SEND A TICKET TO SUPPORT TO MIGRATE YOUR ACCOUNT

facebookaccount.png

translating the text

''Hello:

We would like to inform you that facebook will no longer manage accounts for dino storm, pirate galaxy and steel legions games. Instead, these games will now be managed by splitscreen games. Your account settings have already been updated, so you can get back in the game RIGHT NOW''

Bro, years ago you told me you couldn't, then they put a gun to your head and out of nowhere you get me an automatic tool to migrate accounts, how do you tell me you can't migrate accounts to other servers?

Then you make a thousand and one excuses like it wouldn't be fair to players who have accounts on other servers

But then, is it fair that after being in the end game, having invested time and money in a server, when you want to change, they tell you NOT to start from 0 another account because we are unable to keep X server alive?

It has already been said millions of times that it is as simple as those people who have 3-4-5-20 accounts on other servers still move to the new server, who now have 20 accounts, how different is it now from those people who are literally dedicated to creating 45846541564876 accounts on the same server and uploading them all for simple sport?

Z0ckt

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Z0ckt
Rank
The missing interest in PVP is due to the fact that there are only a few players left in the game, and that the pirate mode is not worthwhile.

What does a player get out of hunting other players in Pirate Mode? You get a little more experience points for shooting down Mantis. Percentage wise very low and hardly worthwhile. And a few points for the leaderboard, which has zero relevance for me. Do I get cryonite, blueprints, or gravitons when I destroy another player? No. Do completed missions in pirate mode earn me a higher cryonite reward? No. As a player freshly arrived in Tau Ceti, do I stand a chance against such pirates? No. So give me a plausible reason why I should use the pirate mode.

And now I have to read here that people are seriously calling for PVP to be permanently enabled by default, making it mandatory. For what exactly? So that a small handful of players can have fun? How is that supposed to work when side quests and, in the worst case, the story are being flown? Some missions are already disproportionately difficult, so I don't need players who destroy you in the middle and enjoy it. Therefore I reject a PVP duty.

But you could bring certain planets into the game, which are detached from the storyline and the usual side quests, where the pirate mode is activated by default, and where more valuable rewards in the form of energy, cryonite, gravitons and blueprints can be collected. These could be planets where clans, alliances and friends are disabled, and you can be attacked by all and sundry. Maybe even with quests tailored to this game mode, and maybe with colonist squadrons (PVE) randomly appearing on the planets and hunting pirates. A darkzone that is challenging and dangerous, but promises valuable loot. This is far more valuable and fun than coming along now and trying to force all players to PVP.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
The missing interest in PVP is due to the fact that there are only a few players left in the game, and that the pirate mode is not worthwhile.
according with the pirate mode. some old-dev stated that they would implement a hard mode variant for the pirate mode with some benefits. however, it never happened.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
I fully understand that there are people who don't like to be active pirate mode all the time, imagine doing the first mission of Erebos in that situation XD

But the idea of planets with a more focused theme on pirate mode and rewards based on this game approach does not sound bad at all.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?

What does a player get out of hunting other players in Pirate Mode? You get a little more experience points for shooting down Mantis. Percentage wise very low and hardly worthwhile. And a few points for the leaderboard, which has zero relevance for me. Do I get cryonite, blueprints, or gravitons when I destroy another player? No. Do completed missions in pirate mode earn me a higher cryonite reward? No. As a player freshly arrived in Tau Ceti, do I stand a chance against such pirates? No. So give me a plausible reason why I should use the pirate mode.

And now I have to read here that people are seriously calling for PVP to be permanently enabled by default, making it mandatory. For what exactly? So that a small handful of players can have fun? How is that supposed to work when side quests and, in the worst case, the story are being flown? Some missions are already disproportionately difficult, so I don't need players who destroy you in the middle and enjoy it. Therefore I reject a PVP duty.

But you could bring certain planets into the game, which are detached from the storyline and the usual side quests, where the pirate mode is activated by default, and where more valuable rewards in the form of energy, cryonite, gravitons and blueprints can be collected. These could be planets where clans, alliances and friends are disabled, and you can be attacked by all and sundry. Maybe even with quests tailored to this game mode, and maybe with colonist squadrons (PVE) randomly appearing on the planets and hunting pirates. A darkzone that is challenging and dangerous, but promises valuable loot. This is far more valuable and fun than coming along now and trying to force all players to PVP.
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/threads/hard-mode-booster-for-pirate-mode.36345/ check this out

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I fully understand that there are people who don't like to be active pirate mode all the time, imagine doing the first mission of Erebos in that situation XD

But the idea of planets with a more focused theme on pirate mode and rewards based on this game approach does not sound bad at all.
I think it kinda depends also on the Server you play. According to my knowledge flying in PM is in most cases as harmless as flying in PvP if you not happen to find a pilot who is so bored that he seeks his thrill in hunting other PM players.

At least in Askone most PvPs outside of CQs and Collossus i have "seen" are coordinated ones in the LZ of planet x (mostly Terasa but sometimes also Gazica). So flying missions in PM is not that stressfull as you are mostly safe but considerings the fail conditions of nearly 80% of all TC missions (by simply going into pod) is more anoying if it may happen during the extra hard and timeconsuming ones as here a pilot can basically troll you to not complete the mission by simply waiting at a mission spot to shoot you down while you are maybe in battle with the mission mantis that of course do not attack him.

Anyways many know me as the PvP fanatic who not holds much from PvP and as much as i know OTBs in Askone have more or less lost their charm after a while even after the organized rounds to create some sort of balance for various reasons were one main reason is that players did more or less join for the hope of geting cryos from it and the more lead a side had the higher the reward was what of course leads to the "better to join the strong team to get an guaranteed win".

Imo PvP is always a part of any MMO that is hard to balance to make it likable by both sides (PvP and PvE lovers) and so far PvP provides nothing really. The very old system were going into pod and in return eventually losing a BP was removed due players started to exploid the system by going into pod from a friend/clan mate in order to give them a rare BP and as installed Items were not removed when the BP was lost any player could willingly give up the rare BP to "help" another player geting it.

So PvP did more and more lose it´s interest as aside from accumulating bounty it gives nothing else while the bounty itself has also no value so it could not exist at all as well.

4) Alliance changes

Alliances have no benefit, it serves no purpose other than a shiny blue chat to communicate. The old conquest system gave the chance for allies to participate in conquests.
We need some form of that system where allies can jump in to help clans in conquests and make them bigger (Maybe an increase in player cap to 30v30 would help in servers with more conquest activity)
To this i only say a very missed oppertunity is in Sirius were Allied pilots should be able to fly to a JS of an allied clan who maybe is on a planet with a BP that is needed but on the other side of Siri and not having the time for the clan to move there in time or the member who needs the BP is only on every few days for whatever reason (i heared there is something called an RL).

So yeah since the removal of Allied players joining a clan for CQ Alliances are pretty much pointless for the time being.

6) Cross Server Conquest Tournament

Now this would be a very hype event. Cross server conquest tournament to find out which server is superior! Jokes aside this would be a really cool event which can be held on the PTR, It would boost interest in conquests and pvp in general. @Fission held an amazing 2v2 tournament recently so the gm's could organize this event mayhaps.
(Idea stolen from @Getagripx )
Well i have seen games that hold some sort of Cross Server Events were the whole community is working towards a single goal in order to get rewarded but mostly those kind of events were related to PvE stuff or a mechanic in the game that already exists.

In case of CQ as you have mentioned it would require to be held on the PTR so that all clans/players have a chance to participate but i would rather like to see events that i can do on the server i play anyways and as Rajaa did mention in his >>>Mega Post<<< some years back it should give some sort of "Extra hard boss that requires several players in order to kill it due of its sheer amount of HP". I mean even the Sentry can be killed by a single pilot as i have seen what may not have been the intention of the devs.

All i know is that it gave the single Mega PvE UniT test that was way overboard due of way to much dmg output and stuff but with a bit of balancing should be doable to make it a unit that can be killed with others when working as a team.

Vishnu

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
V15HY
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
Which is why I suggested a leaderboard with rewards for bounty and a server merge, To tackle servers dying and to gather more interest in pvp.

Fair enough, I agree that not all players would be happy with such a change, As a pvp enthusiast it feels right though :D
But you could bring certain planets into the game, which are detached from the storyline and the usual side quests, where the pirate mode is activated by default, and where more valuable rewards in the form of energy, cryonite, gravitons and blueprints can be collected. These could be planets where clans, alliances and friends are disabled, and you can be attacked by all and sundry. Maybe even with quests tailored to this game mode, and maybe with colonist squadrons (PVE) randomly appearing on the planets and hunting pirates. A darkzone that is challenging and dangerous, but promises valuable loot.
Really nice idea, There are many unused planets in the game, Namely in Sol and Oort system which could be used for this. I also like the plan of outside interference in the form of colonials/aliens that make fights more fun. (The only example I know being sentries on Cetacea)

Well i have seen games that hold some sort of Cross Server Events were the whole community is working towards a single goal in order to get rewarded but mostly those kind of events were related to PvE stuff or a mechanic in the game that already exists.
In my opinion pve isn't in much trouble compared to pvp in terms of interest. My whole post is rather focused on pvp aspects and suggestions to revive it. A cross server tournament is exactly that, A tournament where every server gets to play against each other initiating rivalry, competitiveness and having fun along the way.

i would rather like to see events that i can do on the server i play anyways and as Rajaa did mention in his >>>Mega Post<<< some years back it should give some sort of "Extra hard boss that requires several players in order to kill it due of its sheer amount of HP". I mean even the Sentry can be killed by a single pilot as i have seen what may not have been the intention of the devs.

All i know is that it gave the single Mega PvE UniT test that was way overboard due of way to much dmg output and stuff but with a bit of balancing should be doable to make it a unit that can be killed with others when working as a team.
Its not a bad idea to add some bosses on unused planets where it takes few squads to defeat it with coordinated gameplay and really good rewards. Maybe even with a scoreboard that records fastest time in defeating a boss.