Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I always thought how we can use the Pirate Mode right? Ever since it was just for PvP and CQs(not anymore). After research i found a post from an older Dev.

@Delloda ,,What do you think of a booster that halves your weapon damage but has the effect of BP booster and cryonite booster. Obviously needs to be refined so as not to be exploited. I.e. 1 guy in squad had booster and others in squad cuts them down with normal strength weapons."

We could introduce this Mode included in Pirate Mode. That means we've got half output damage, but we earn more cryonite or higher drop for cryonite then regular and have a chance for a better blueprint drop. Most players dont fly in PIrate Mode, but i think when this Hard Mode is a real thing then it's gonna be interesting

*should be turned off in CQs and PvPs even when Pirate Mode is active.
*should be turned off when boosters are already running to above exploit e.g blueprint, cryonite, fire power booster.

*should be working in squad max 3 pilots maybe to above exploit?
*should be working while cortex are active.
*should be working while drones are active.
*should be working with ship alloy.

How it will work with Pirate Mode?

Well, if we activate Pirate Mode we click on "Ok" after that we click again on Pirate Mode with the warning "If you activate Hard Mode Booster, your weapon skills we use a half of his power. Instead your earn more cryonite drop and higher chance for blueprint" then we click "Ok" again.

This will affect the game fun more. Players could use Pirate Mode often than usally.

You could put also newer Achievments e.g "Kill 10 Pilots in Hard Mode"

What do you think about this feature for Pirate Mode? 😁

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I think on a PvE planet this could be a tricky thing cus how should the game then act if you are fighting any inocent NPC units and then a rampaging Pilot comes around the corner to attack you? Are you then in PvE, PvP or PvEvP?

*should be turned off when boosters are already running to above exploit e.g blueprint, cryonite, fire power booster.
I think this depends on how many Pilots really use the boosters. I for example fly at best with Ult Mem + Ult Cryo Booster and have no other Booster active at all. Sure the dmg, def and speed boost are working all the time (as long as PM is not active) but then again it could reduce the purchases of the "core boosters" that surely are used by the one or another Pilot who flies PvP every then and now but wants to get the PM deactivated by another pilot to get the booster effect again. At least i see often enough the request by other pilots to remove their PM just for the sake of "reactivate the boosters again"

So in theory if the "PM Booster" could outweight the Shop boosters it could have an impact on the sales what in return is bad to keep the game runing.

A short departure into Offtopic:
Considering that i do every now and then the testings for droprates the issue is that in the end it always comes back to the magical number 33-35% no matter if you fly the system ship or if you fly in the highest ship you have available and hunt stuff in Vega with it :p.

In terms of the BP booster it´s hard to say "that it really increases the droprate" cus the feedback of Pilots who used it is quite mixed. Some say it did increase their rate other said it did nothing at all. BP in it´s core have the same 33-35% rate and even with the best BP booster (150%) you end (in theory) at 83-88% and even then you are at mercy of RNGesus to see any drops.

The same applies even if you would hit the combo of the best BP booster 150% + the BP drone (15%) + a global BP Booster (mostly 50%) what would result in 215% increased chance and in theory should hit 100% chance for an guranteed BP drop for every kill but even then you will have situations of no drop at all what implies that SSG may have set an "Hard cap" of droprates in order to prevent guranteed drops at all

Uhm... why only limit it to 3 Pilots? Would not really "prevent any exploit" cus then the pilots simply would split the SQ into several 3 Pilot ones but still benefit from the effect + with the 50% reduced effects i assume that in the end a 5 man sq would "just normalize" the fights but still take a bit longer then a SQ of pilots without the PM active.

As long as PM stays optional i can live with any change that SSG is doing in it cus imo nothing is worse then something that is forced to play if you don´t want to play it :sweatgrinning:

In the end i think the pilots who fly in PM anyways will not really care while other may try it out. If however even with this mode no real change is noticable many will not use it after it was removed by someone and i would at least test it to see the actual numbers to have a comparision for being a PvE Pilot.

Aside from that i think a lot of us would rather see that SSG is working on something like timed Raid and/or Global Missions that require a good amount of pilots to complete them and give high rewards in return...

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I think on a PvE planet this could be a tricky thing cus how should the game then act if you are fighting any inocent NPC units and then a rampaging Pilot comes around the corner to attack you? Are you then in PvE, PvP or PvEvP?

I think this depends on how many Pilots really use the boosters. I for example fly at best with Ult Mem + Ult Cryo Booster and have no other Booster active at all. Sure the dmg, def and speed boost are working all the time (as long as PM is not active) but then again it could reduce the purchases of the "core boosters" that surely are used by the one or another Pilot who flies PvP every then and now but wants to get the PM deactivated by another pilot to get the booster effect again. At least i see often enough the request by other pilots to remove their PM just for the sake of "reactivate the boosters again"

So in theory if the "PM Booster" could outweight the Shop boosters it could have an impact on the sales what in return is bad to keep the game runing.

In terms of the BP booster it´s hard to say "that it really increases the droprate" cus the feedback of Pilots who used it is quite mixed. Some say it did increase their rate other said it did nothing at all. BP in it´s core have the same 33-35% rate and even with the best BP booster (150%) you end (in theory) at 83-88% and even then you are at mercy of RNGesus to see any drops.

The same applies even if you would hit the combo of the best BP booster 150% + the BP drone (15%) + a global BP Booster (mostly 50%) what would result in 215% increased chance and in theory should hit 100% chance for an guranteed BP drop for every kill but even then you will have situations of no drop at all what implies that SSG may have set an "Hard cap" of droprates in order to prevent guranteed drops at all

Uhm... why only limit it to 3 Pilots? Would not really "prevent any exploit" cus then the pilots simply would split the SQ into several 3 Pilot ones but still benefit from the effect + with the 50% reduced effects i assume that in the end a 5 man sq would "just normalize" the fights but still take a bit longer then a SQ of pilots without the PM active.

As long as PM stays optional i can live with any change that SSG is doing in it cus imo nothing is worse then something that is forced to play if you don´t want to play it :sweatgrinning:

In the end i think the pilots who fly in PM anyways will not really care while other may try it out. If however even with this mode no real change is noticable many will not use it after it was removed by someone and i would at least test it to see the actual numbers to have a comparision for being a PvE Pilot.
If you turn the Pirate Mode on you are in PvP. If you turn Hard Mode on you are also in PvP. So this is not a big problem. But you are right. This feature could prevent buying some booster but mostly only the tracker and cryo booster are effected since firepower should not work here for exploit this Mode.

This Mode should also be enabled and disabled so you can Switch back to PvE with Boosters. This means Pirate Mode is deactivated as well.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Aside from that i think a lot of us would rather see that SSG is working on something like timed Raid and/or Global Missions that require a good amount of pilots to complete them and give high rewards in return...
Yeah. I want that too😁

Verdene

Senior Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Verdene
Rank
Please consider, that droprate is the case of luck. Even if you buy the best droprate booster, You might be extremely unlucky so that your droprate finally calculated will be not as much increased as booster says so in the low amount of time. However, after spending more time of doing same activity, you should be able to get the final average result of the one said in the booster description.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
This Mode should also be enabled and disabled so you can Switch back to PvE with Boosters. This means Pirate Mode is deactivated as well.
Don´t know if you are an early Pilot as well right now but wwwaaayyy back it was possible to switch between PM so that you could go for PvP and then back to PvE again with a CD of 10 seconds when PM is active. However SSG needed to change this to the version we have now since years due it was "abused" in such a way that any Pilot could basicly backstab you without any warning to send you in pod and then switch back to PvE Mode so that a "payback" was not possible.

Mostly this method was used against Pilots who did a SM (for achive) and it could fail or just cus the Pilot was bored, a griever or in a clinch with the Pilot/Clan he attacked. The current Bonus that the PM gives (slight XP buff) is basicly useless once you have hit the endgame (cus your xp gain is 0 all the time) and even for leveling purposes the bonus is so small that in the end it just makes a difference of a few units less that needs to be killed.

The bounty that each pilot has, has at the current point no value as well or represents anything in the game so maybe here it would make sense to start with "giving PvP outside of CQ and Colo a purpose"

Please consider, that droprate is the case of luck. Even if you buy the best droprate booster, You might be extremely unlucky so that your droprate finally calculated will be not as much increased as booster says so in the low amount of time. However, after more time of doing same activity, you should be able to get the final average result of the one said in the booster description.
That´s why i said the feedback about this booster is quite mixed and not consistend. The average rate of drops will always end at 33-35% as bare minimum from all my testings with or without booster. The booster itself just should increase the rate BUT is no gurantee (why i also mentioned "you are at the mercy of RNGesus" :p ). I just stated that in theory a boost of 200% "should give guranteed drops BUT due it gives no guranteed drops it seem to give a hardcap that prevents to reach the 100% drop mark cus with all best possible booster 215% should hit the magical 100% for sure ;)

In the end the "real numbers" are only known by SSG itself and if @Highway is willing to share those numbers is a whole different story but would go way to Offtopic here so that it would require another post for that sort of discussion. So i would say back to topic of "Hard Mode PM" :sweatgrinning:

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Don´t know if you are an early Pilot as well right now but wwwaaayyy back it was possible to switch between PM so that you could go for PvP and then back to PvE again with a CD of 10 seconds when PM is active. However SSG needed to change this to the version we have now since years due it was "abused" in such a way that any Pilot could basicly backstab you without any warning to send you in pod and then switch back to PvE Mode so that a "payback" was not possible.

Mostly this method was used against Pilots who did a SM (for achive) and it could fail or just cus the Pilot was bored, a griever or in a clinch with the Pilot/Clan he attacked. The current Bonus that the PM gives (slight XP buff) is basicly useless once you have hit the endgame (cus your xp gain is 0 all the time) and even for leveling purposes the bonus is so small that in the end it just makes a difference of a few units less that needs to be killed.

The bounty that each pilot has, has at the current point no value as well or represents anything in the game so maybe here it would make sense to start with "giving PvP outside of CQ and Colo a purpose"

That´s why i said the feedback about this booster is quite mixed and not consistend. The average rate of drops will always end at 33-35% as bare minimum from all my testings with or without booster. The booster itself just should increase the rate BUT is no gurantee (why i also mentioned "you are at the mercy of RNGesus" :p ). I just stated that in theory a boost of 200% "should give guranteed drops BUT due it gives no guranteed drops it seem to give a hardcap that prevents to reach the 100% drop mark cus with all best possible booster 215% should hit the magical 100% for sure ;)

In the end the "real numbers" are only known by SSG itself and if @Highway is willing to share those numbers is a whole different story but would go way to Offtopic here so that it would require another post for that sort of discussion. So i would say back to topic of "Hard Mode PM" :sweatgrinning:
I remember switchen between PvP and PvE Mode that is almost 10 years ago? That was changed early or end of 2010 as i remember

Droprate Booster or Cryo Booster is something different. Droprate Booster could include more luck in Cryo or BP best e.g is Sirius. Sometimes Droprate is horrible. Cryo Booster just maximaze the lowest and highest amount of cryo.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I always thought how we can use the Pirate Mode right? Ever since it was just for PvP and CQs(not anymore). After research i found a post from an older Dev.

@Delloda ,,What do you think of a booster that halves your weapon damage but has the effect of BP booster and cryonite booster. Obviously needs to be refined so as not to be exploited. I.e. 1 guy in squad had booster and others in squad cuts them down with normal strength weapons."

We could introduce this Mode included in Pirate Mode. That means we've got half output damage, but we earn more cryonite or higher drop for cryonite then regular and have a chance for a better blueprint drop. Most players dont fly in PIrate Mode, but i think when this Hard Mode is a real thing then it's gonna be interesting

*should be working while cortex are active.
*should be working while drones are active.
*should be working with ship alloy.

How it will work with Pirate Mode?

Well, if we activate Pirate Mode we click on "Ok" after that we click again on Pirate Mode with the warning "If you activate Hard Mode Booster, your weapon skills we use a half of his power. Instead your earn more cryonite drop and higher chance for blueprint" then we click "Ok" again.

This will affect the game fun more. Players could use Pirate Mode often than usally.

You could put also newer Achievments e.g "Kill 10 Pilots in Hard Mode"

Hard Booster Mode possible Variation in terms of effect and weakness

Step A: 50% Weakness for Items except Afterburner/Repairdroide, effected Items are damage dealing Items e.g Lightning Chains/ Sniperblaster
5% more War score
10% more Cryonite Drop chance
15% more Cryonite

20% more chance to gather Blueprints also Rare ones and CQ Blueprints
---
Total 50% Bonus as 50% Weakness

Step B: 75% Weakness for Items except Afterburner/Repairdroide, effected Items are damage dealing Items e.g Lightning Chains/ Sniperblaster
15% more War score
10% more Cryonite
5% more Cryonite drop Chance

25% more Chance to gather Blueprints also Rare ones and CQ Blueprints
--
Total Bonus 55% as 75% Weakness

*a special feature - lowest Booster could be used. Lowest one Month Booster and lowest 3hr Booster. E.g 10% Cryo Booster and 10% Fire-Power Booster 3hr or one Month. Equals in = Total 75% as 75% Weakness

if you like it, let me know what y'all thinking 😁