What's new

Server Merge

Silas.Gustavo20

Reaction score
@alewx eu fiz certo a missão B eu destruir os bichos e todas as antenas e deixei a base em 50% usei todos os gravitons e o tempo acabou eu uso sniper rara sol full arcano potente drone de blindagem rda e dano

Silas.Gustavo20

Reaction score
eu farmei 633 selos para nada eu farmei sozinho eu tenho ansiedade e desanimo frequentes

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
eu farmei 633 selos para nada eu farmei sozinho eu tenho ansiedade e desanimo frequentes
Well, then it would have been better to buy the ship directly instead of going to all that trouble. I'm glad I collected the sable heron, I didn't fancy the harpy after all, because I just don't like the look and especially the weapon systems and how they were placed.

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
Listening, man even as non native speaker that hurts :D
What hurts me is that Black Granit has not enough hp man :cry:

Starchaser

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Starchaser
Rank
Clan
Doomtrain
The merge could be done without the playername confusion using a server tag after the name, someone wrote this here on the thread. Lets say I have my main Starchaser on Askone, but I also have one on Kalgan and some other servers too. So before merging tag every username with eg. Starchaser-Ask, Starchaser-Kal, Starchaser-Sol this would work and there would not be conflicts of player names. The one what hurts most is the Clan name, as we have a very ancient clan from almost the begin, but it has been quite inactive lately.
If all the belongings would follow with merge then it would be great, and this could be announced via email about the merge, just the same way as it was done when Gamigo left and we had to transfer our accounts all to SS.
This didn't make us loose anything. Also the warning should be given a few months before the merge would be done.
Another solution would be the free name change. I was looking and I remember it was possible to change the player and the clan name before, couldn't find it anywhere now. Is it still possible or has that been removed?

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
The merge could be done without the playername confusion using a server tag after the name, someone wrote this here on the thread. Lets say I have my main Starchaser on Askone, but I also have one on Kalgan and some other servers too. So before merging tag every username with eg. Starchaser-Ask, Starchaser-Kal, Starchaser-Sol this would work and there would not be conflicts of player names. The one what hurts most is the Clan name, as we have a very ancient clan from almost the begin, but it has been quite inactive lately.
If all the belongings would follow with merge then it would be great, and this could be announced via email about the merge, just the same way as it was done when Gamigo left and we had to transfer our accounts all to SS.
This didn't make us loose anything. Also the warning should be given a few months before the merge would be done.
Another solution would be the free name change. I was looking and I remember it was possible to change the player and the clan name before, couldn't find it anywhere now. Is it still possible or has that been removed?
Moving an account is easier than merging all servers into one. I had to convert my Bigpoint account myself, there was a link back then if I remember well. Most accounts have already been converted by Splitt. It is not an easy task to get this server merger rolling. That's why you or. we can't really compare the two applications. How is Splitt supposed to rewrite so many names as a "tag" and then screw the servers together? There would be so many problems.

In my opinion. It would work, this rewriting of the players' names would work. It takes so much time and development to make this one server work smooth as possible. Years would pass. The mood of the players would fade because nothing new would come but events and Raven events. That would change the whole construct and plans of Splitt. Just because some players want intense otb matches, or just because some servers have no players

These "missing" players exist in every server. These are mostly people like me who have finished the story so far, need a few gold bps but remain inactive for the time being.

Then it would make more sense to set up an international server where all players can register and start at a certain level, based on their main account which is between level 82 and 99.

A newgame+ for PG, so to speak. After completing the story Draconis/Sirius or after completing Tau Ceti/Oort, each player starts anew and keeps his cryonite, his blueprints that he has already collected and also his ship blueprints. Raven and AnIn prototypes will also remain in the new hangar if this is possible. The storyline is completely free, but it still has to be flown to progress. The storyline should be able to be flown several times to get cryonite again, the last mission of the respective star system should always keep the cutscene. The players who have bought an alloy keep it, new alloys with different colors and powers should also be added.

Several planetary zones in bleak prospect, for example Calon, abandoned by the Ancients after the events of Oort. The HQ is deactivated. New enemies and improved blueprints for the rare techs from Oort. Example, TC Turmoil Blaster 10 parts extra collected brings an improvement of up to 10%

If something like that came along, I'd start again too. @Vesperion @alewx that would be the easiest way to fix some player lack hm? Everything stays as it is, just a newgame+ for PG.

Starchaser

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Starchaser
Rank
Clan
Doomtrain
Moving an account is easier than merging all servers into one. I had to convert my Bigpoint account myself, there was a link back then if I remember well. Most accounts have already been converted by Splitt. It is not an easy task to get this server merger rolling. That's why you or. we can't really compare the two applications. How is Splitt supposed to rewrite so many names as a "tag" and then screw the servers together? There would be so many problems.

In my opinion. It would work, this rewriting of the players' names would work. It takes so much time and development to make this one server work smooth as possible. Years would pass. The mood of the players would fade because nothing new would come but events and Raven events. That would change the whole construct and plans of Splitt. Just because some players want intense otb matches, or just because some servers have no players

These "missing" players exist in every server. These are mostly people like me who have finished the story so far, need a few gold bps but remain inactive for the time being.

Then it would make more sense to set up an international server where all players can register and start at a certain level, based on their main account which is between level 82 and 99.

A newgame+ for PG, so to speak. After completing the story Draconis/Sirius or after completing Tau Ceti/Oort, each player starts anew and keeps his cryonite, his blueprints that he has already collected and also his ship blueprints. Raven and AnIn prototypes will also remain in the new hangar if this is possible. The storyline is completely free, but it still has to be flown to progress. The storyline should be able to be flown several times to get cryonite again, the last mission of the respective star system should always keep the cutscene. The players who have bought an alloy keep it, new alloys with different colors and powers should also be added.

Several planetary zones in bleak prospect, for example Calon, abandoned by the Ancients after the events of Oort. The HQ is deactivated. New enemies and improved blueprints for the rare techs from Oort. Example, TC Turmoil Blaster 10 parts extra collected brings an improvement of up to 10%

If something like that came along, I'd start again too. @Vesperion @alewx that would be the easiest way to fix some player lack hm? Everything stays as it is, just a newgame+ for PG.
First of all Greetings and huge Hugs to my old school friends who is still playing and /or reading the forum.
@Vesperion @alewx and all others and hello to new players or others from other servers. <3
Well I am at Tau Ceti and haven't finished it yet, nor am I back fully here but ofc we would be safe if the merge would happen to Askone and not to a new server. I have played games where they have done merges and the name issue was resolved when everyone logged in to the new server they could change the name if there were already someone on the server with the same name. I would tho be frustrated if someone else would overtake my name, as this one is original from the begin almost of the game. 31 July 2009, this game opened up in April back then. There should be some kind of securing the name and be safe according to the date when it was created.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
First of all Greetings and huge Hugs to my old school friends who is still playing and /or reading the forum.
@Vesperion @alewx and all others and hello to new players or others from other servers. <3
Well I am at Tau Ceti and haven't finished it yet, nor am I back fully here but ofc we would be safe if the merge would happen to Askone and not to a new server. I have played games where they have done merges and the name issue was resolved when everyone logged in to the new server they could change the name if there were already someone on the server with the same name. I would tho be frustrated if someone else would overtake my name, as this one is original from the begin almost of the game. 31 July 2009, this game opened up in April back then. There should be some kind of securing the name and be safe according to the date when it was created.
There's nothing wrong with merging the servers, but as I said, there would be problems and a lot of development work until the whole thing was ready for the public. Therefore a newgame+ would make much more sense with lots of extras, keep cryo from the main account, keep raven and AnIn ships as well as the bps and ingame stuff you bought. Build extra zones for planets and further improve the existing techs/bps, adding a + to the techs, as I said above.

If this game needs a restart like some want, this server would be the best and safest alternative there is. It may be that the server merge has worked for other games, but were those games developed on the same base as PG? I don't think so. If the developers don't have any PvE content planned for the time being, they could introduce a server like this and add all the ideas I mentioned, maybe even the player-based invasion. Or even later.

This principle of newgame+ works well, but only if you can keep your stuff and additional things have to be added like new alloys, new planet zones as already mentioned. Deletion of the Raven events and introduction of a new AnIn event. New color patterns, new colors such as colors that change color when viewed from a different angle (flip-flop) and painting individual parts of the ships instead of the entire ship.

There are 100 ideas that could be introduced, but it's up to the developers whether they want to go. Every player would start at vega and would only have to level up.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
I think that this move would drive the final nail for the game considering how much some players have spend for the game (me included) and i would not want to replay and recollect every stuff again with all the hours spend for it.

Sure i may not play right now and so not spend any dime for the game but starting all over again with a version that is basically the same game with the same flaws and challenges it has to deal but have a 2.0 to look like it was reworked? Nah not really interested in this route cus then i would say for sure to not play the game anymore.
Surely I will quit then. Don't have time to collect anything again. The game will die, sirius will not help either as it did with vénar failure years years ago.
I mean a new revamped PG 2.0, not only a number change. Updated graphics, java 64, etc.

Starchaser

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Starchaser
Rank
Clan
Doomtrain
If this game go through a merge and everyone have to start from scratch, then No Ty I would be gone forever. I have collected ships and all, and wasted huge amount of time in this game, and not to talk about how much real cash I've put into this game since 2009 amongst so many other stuff.
Merge is welcome but only keeping the account as it is.