Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
Hello everyone,

I am venturing into dangerous territory, but I would like to talk about the ifrit and more specifically about how to obtain it and it uses.
Let me first introduce the topic: 1st, I'll speak about of its acquisition in a 2nd time what may it uses unfair (at least on PvP) and in a third time some suggestions and changes that SSG can make. I have collected opinions from several players to build this topic (mine too).

I know that after posting this topic I'm going to have a lot of enemies but I think it's worth it even if it doesn't work out.

Having already seen topics that talked about getting it, I'm going to elaborate here on my opinion of the controversy of getting it. First of all, the ifrit is obtained in the "RavenDynamics" events. Indeed, you can obtain parts of the cortex which consists of 25 parts in order to be able to equip 1 part on the ship of your choice. To do this you need to be in the top 10% of the ranking (eg: 30 participating squads the 3 squads coming first will get ifrit parts) knowing that if you are first you win more parts than the 3rd squad. Well from this point on, to come first when there are many squads is not easy. You have to be well equipped and have a strategy. Unfortunately for you it is not stated that if you don't have a clan and you are not super well equipped few people will want you because people generally aim for the top of the ranking and don't want "under-equipped" players. Which is totally understandable after all who would want a poorly equipped player when instead you can have a super well equipped player. Because whether or not you are strong in PvE you will be less effective in gold than in ancient obviously. With the basics in place, we can start with the following observation: players with no clan and poor equipment are at a great disadvantage compared to others. Even well-equipped players will find few or no squads because most players have a clan and play with people from their clan. So for all these people, the ifrit and raven points are practically unattainable.
I bounce off this point to comment on the method of the event. Indeed, a raven event lasts on average 3 weeks. The ifrit reset is every 4 hours:
2am - 6am, 6am - 10am, 10am - 2pm, 2pm - 6pm, 6pm - 10pm, 10pm - 2am.
Taking into account that the most crowded times are from 6pm to 10pm, this is perhaps the "only" time of day when people with a job have a chance to get an ifrit (it depends on the schedule too :p). Yes, because not everyone is unemployed and some people do ifrits all day for 3 weeks. And this is where the problems arise this event favours people who do not work, show me otherwise and I'll buy you a beer.

I like to point that even people who don't work have few or no ifrit parts because they don't manage to finish at the top of ladder! I never said that people with a job/or anything else that prevents them to log on can't have an ifrit!

Now that this is said, let's move to the 2nd part of the topic. Now I'll talk about ifrit uses in PvP. If I go back to what I said before, people who can play all day (practically) will logically have more chance to get ifrits. Or people who have powerful clan that participate in the event. I will try to demonstrate how (for my part) the Ifrit is unfair in PvP. I myself have used the Ifrit before in PvP, and in my opinion it is the cortex that has been killing PvP for years. I have noticed that the further we go the more "ifrit abusers" there are. I explain myself, a lot of players are now using ships with protector or shield in PvP. Why? They'll try to keep their HP less than 30% as long as possible by putting up a shield or protector to trigger the ifrit. So you'll tell me there's nothing that forbids it, but for years the developers have been trying to balance PvP in Pirate Galaxy, for example by nerfing stuns, but the cortexes have never been rethought. For my part I find that this trend towards the use of ifrit in PvP totally ruins the PvP of the game. It means that we are doomed to use ships with perforators? This quickly narrows down the list of ships to have then for PvP.
It happened to me and other people surely to lose 1v1 because the enemy and ourselves find ourselves under 30% without RD and knowing that the enemy has an ifrit (at least stay 6 seconds under 30%) there is also the RNG that comes into play (miss, crit). It can be frustrating for some people to be at the same stage in 1v1 and lose because they don't have ifrit because they didn't have time to farm it. That's why some people don't do PvP anymore in my opinion. I know some players have gotten so used to playing ifrit in PvP that when they pick up a ship that doesn't have it they don't know when to put the RD in. That's what I was getting at, people who don't play much and want to PvP for fun end up having to fight people who have something on their ship that gives them an advantage even if they are equipped the same. After you tell me I could make the same debate with the people who did not unlock the ancient items and who want PvP but this is another thing.

I think to conclude this part I could say don't blame the ifrit totally because you can beat people who have an ifrit but I'm mainly pointing at people who abuse it even if it is allowed.

Now, the 3rd part. The suggestions that can be made:

"
Easy" method:
- A nerf of the ifrit
(e.g. reduce HP trigger 30% to 20% and/or reduce from 25% more damage to 15-20%).

"
Medium" method:
- Disable ifrit on Colossus and all CQ planets.

"
Hard" method:
- Disable ifrit on Colossus, CQ planets, and Pirate Mode.

Somehow the cortex will remain active in PvE because it seems to me that it should be as effective on NPCs, no?

To end this topic I would ask this question for Staff Team:

"Why not make the ifrit available in another way so that people who can't do the RDX events can still have a chance to get it?". Because if you leave the cortex activated in PvP and privatize it for an "elite" of the game you shouldn't be surprised at the fallout.

I want to make it clear that I have nothing against people playing with ifrit because it is part of the game and some people struggle to get it and use it (PvP, PvE combined). But we have to talk about what's annoying!

Thank you for those who will read and even if you don't read it and don't agree I wish you a good evening! :p
Now let's debate!

Kind regards,
Eredin
enlxzbcaqnf61.png

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Well... time to grab the old Box again about this discussion lol.

Post by @Poland from September 22, 2021
>>>RavenDynamics & Cortex Challenge feedback<<<

Aside from that i will hold myself back about RDX cus i only repeat myself over and over again when this "event" and a discussion to it comes up again :cautious:.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Hello everyone,

I am venturing into dangerous territory, but I would like to talk about the ifrit and more specifically about how to obtain it and it uses.
Let me first introduce the topic: 1st, I'll speak about of its acquisition in a 2nd time what may it uses unfair (at least on PvP) and in a third time some suggestions and changes that SSG can make. I have collected opinions from several players to build this topic (mine too).

I know that after posting this topic I'm going to have a lot of enemies but I think it's worth it even if it doesn't work out.

Having already seen topics that talked about getting it, I'm going to elaborate here on my opinion of the controversy of getting it. First of all, the ifrit is obtained in the "RavenDynamics" events. Indeed, you can obtain parts of the cortex which consists of 25 parts in order to be able to equip 1 part on the ship of your choice. To do this you need to be in the top 10% of the ranking (eg: 30 participating squads the 3 squads coming first will get ifrit parts) knowing that if you are first you win more parts than the 3rd squad. Well from this point on, to come first when there are many squads is not easy. You have to be well equipped and have a strategy. Unfortunately for you it is not stated that if you don't have a clan and you are not super well equipped few people will want you because people generally aim for the top of the ranking and don't want "under-equipped" players. Which is totally understandable after all who would want a poorly equipped player when instead you can have a super well equipped player. Because whether or not you are strong in PvE you will be less effective in gold than in ancient obviously. With the basics in place, we can start with the following observation: players with no clan and poor equipment are at a great disadvantage compared to others. Even well-equipped players will find few or no squads because most players have a clan and play with people from their clan. So for all these people, the ifrit and raven points are practically unattainable.
I bounce off this point to comment on the method of the event. Indeed, a raven event lasts on average 3 weeks. The ifrit reset is every 4 hours:
Taking into account that the most crowded times are from 6pm to 10pm, this is perhaps the "only" time of day when people with a job have a chance to get an ifrit (it depends on the schedule too :p). Yes, because not everyone is unemployed and some people do ifrits all day for 3 weeks. And this is where the problems arise this event favours people who do not work, show me otherwise and I'll buy you a beer.

I like to point that even people who don't work have few or no ifrit parts because they don't manage to finish at the top of ladder! I never said that people with a job/or anything else that prevents them to log on can't have an ifrit!

Now that this is said, let's move to the 2nd part of the topic. Now I'll talk about ifrit uses in PvP. If I go back to what I said before, people who can play all day (practically) will logically have more chance to get ifrits. Or people who have powerful clan that participate in the event. I will try to demonstrate how (for my part) the Ifrit is unfair in PvP. I myself have used the Ifrit before in PvP, and in my opinion it is the cortex that has been killing PvP for years. I have noticed that the further we go the more "ifrit abusers" there are. I explain myself, a lot of players are now using ships with protector or shield in PvP. Why? They'll try to keep their HP less than 30% as long as possible by putting up a shield or protector to trigger the ifrit. So you'll tell me there's nothing that forbids it, but for years the developers have been trying to balance PvP in Pirate Galaxy, for example by nerfing stuns, but the cortexes have never been rethought. For my part I find that this trend towards the use of ifrit in PvP totally ruins the PvP of the game. It means that we are doomed to use ships with perforators? This quickly narrows down the list of ships to have then for PvP.
It happened to me and other people surely to lose 1v1 because the enemy and ourselves find ourselves under 30% without RD and knowing that the enemy has an ifrit (at least stay 6 seconds under 30%) there is also the RNG that comes into play (miss, crit). It can be frustrating for some people to be at the same stage in 1v1 and lose because they don't have ifrit because they didn't have time to farm it. That's why some people don't do PvP anymore in my opinion. I know some players have gotten so used to playing ifrit in PvP that when they pick up a ship that doesn't have it they don't know when to put the RD in. That's what I was getting at, people who don't play much and want to PvP for fun end up having to fight people who have something on their ship that gives them an advantage even if they are equipped the same. After you tell me I could make the same debate with the people who did not unlock the ancient items and who want PvP but this is another thing.

I think to conclude this part I could say don't blame the ifrit totally because you can beat people who have an ifrit but I'm mainly pointing at people who abuse it even if it is allowed.

"
Easy" method:
- A nerf of the ifrit
(e.g. reduce HP trigger 30% to 20% and/or reduce from 25% more damage to 15-20%).

"
Medium" method:

"
Hard" method:

Somehow the cortex will remain active in PvE because it seems to me that it should be as effective on NPCs, no?

"Why not make the ifrit available in another way so that people who can't do the RDX events can still have a chance to get it?". Because if you leave the cortex activated in PvP and privatize it for an "elite" of the game you shouldn't be surprised at the fallout.

I want to make it clear that I have nothing against people playing with ifrit because it is part of the game and some people struggle to get it and use it (PvP, PvE combined). But we have to talk about what's annoying!

Thank you for those who will read and even if you don't read it and don't agree I wish you a good evening! :p
Now let's debate!

Kind regards,
Eredin
View attachment 49751
It is and will be hard to get the Ifrit Cortex even after some Adjustments for the rewards for the Squads. It is harder to mess around with the Ifrit to get not killed. Doesnt matter if it is PvE or PvP. The best Ship in my op. with the Cortex is the Emperor. He's really strong with it.

Other Ships with Protector or Shield are good too. I will not talk about the Chromian anymore. This ship is just overhyped - meanwhile dusted Granites and Emperors in the Hangar.

Ifrits Boost is set way too high. Think about that, 25% more Damage ..limitless.. if you got an Prot. you are the King in PvE and maybe PvP. Look at the other Cortex they are decent and fine.

Boost should really around 15%

I agree that Cortex should be disabled for Conquest/PvP. More fairness. more endurance for PvPs.

Cortex should be a Feature for PvE. They help alot out in Storymissions.

What will the next Cortex be like? 20% more Armor if there is 6 Enemies for 5 sec in your range? how do you will kill guys like that in CQ or PvP? If he uses Blazin Lava and bust some Covid 19 on you you can probably shutdown your Computer...

Like i said. Cortex are limitless boosts, except the Nephilim one. They overpower the drones.

Fan drone gives you 10% fire power

Some of you uses maybe Alloys. there you got 3% fire power(not talking bout Armor or Speed)

Cortex gives you 25% fire power (limitless if you use it right)

= 38% more damage from not buying Booster.

Some Players uses fire power Booster from the Shop mostly 10% or 15%

in total = 48% or 53% more damage

I see not much profit here

You see the Ifrit overpowers the smallest Boosters too. That is not economically effective for SSG if you look the big picture.

What is more fun? trying to get not killed with 25% more damage or just crusing around the planets with regular 10%-15% fire power booster. I think the answer is clear here.

The Shop will always support the Devs, they work like us too, but if they release this kind of Items that is not matched right and even overpowers the Purchasable Booster in Shop then i dont know either.

I really dont want to know what kind of booster the new Cortex will give.

Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Za VillainEmperor
Rank
I will be honest, I find it difficult not to laugh at some of the arguments made here so I will share my own opinion and STRONGLY encourage everyone debating the topic to think objectively.

Firstly, obtaining the ifrits:
@Eredin makes the point that people who have a job and work during the day have a more difficult time when it comes to getting ifrits. While that is true, doesn't that argument hold for literally every other event in the game ? :facepalm: (And yes I also work at the moment)

Secondly, regarding their use (specifically in PvP scenarios):
Unless you are fighting something like a poenari or any other ship that lacks burst damage, making use of the ifrit cortex is incredibly difficult and risky. I would argue that the risk it poses outweighs the potential benefits.
Moreover, often times holding onto your protector or shield for that long just to activate the cortex will actually mess up your cd cycles and you may end up in a pod because of it :ROFLMAO: (Let's not even mention CQs or team fights where trying to abuse ifrit is equivalent to a death wish)

Thirdly, I would ask the following question: How come having an ifrit gives you an "unfair advantage" ? Obtaining those requires A LOT of time and effort just like obtaining the best ancient items (as @Eredin pointed out) and I see no reason why anyone should be restricted in its use after spending hours down on the reactor planet competing with others.

On a final note, when it comes to exclusivity:
I have said before that whether or not the ifrit cortex remains a reward to be given only to the best performing teams should be entirely up to the community so if that many people are raising concerns, why not have a poll that reaches as much of the servers' population as possible?

P.S. @KingSub I believe it's completely unreasonable to compare boosters and drones to ifrit cortexes (one has multiple prerequisites for its activation, which can make it difficult to use, the others are permanent damage buffs with no downsides whatsoever)
Don't you think it's funny that these debates happen only during the raven events ? I wonder why :ROFLMAO:

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
[...]the others are permanent damage buffs with no downsides whatsoever)
That´s if only considering the PvE Factor cus when you have PM active or are on a PvP Planet they will be enabled but makes sense to prevent the "P2W factor" of comming up and giving the feel that during PvP you need to have the boosters to stay competetive.

For most ships the Ifrit imo "useless" anyways cus you can not really use it for long or needs to have a certain setup for incomming dmg vs. repairing and/or shielding.

I have the Ifrit it only 1 ship installed and that is my para that can use the Ifrit for a longer period of time thx to the RTurr and as long as the enemy count is "in the right number". At least killing 1 enemy can shift the incoming dmg vs repair and so disable the Ifrit again.

Don't you think it's funny that these debates happen only during the raven events ? I wonder why :ROFLMAO:
Here i can only assume but it think the reason for this is that hence how many RDX Events alread have happened the list mostly shows always the same pilots on the rewarding places over and over again so that in theory they should have installed the Ifrit in every ship already + the factor of the reward systems mechanics where most always will leave an round "empty-handed".

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
I will be honest, I find it difficult not to laugh at some of the arguments made here so I will share my own opinion and STRONGLY encourage everyone debating the topic to think objectively.

Firstly, obtaining the ifrits:
@Eredin makes the point that people who have a job and work during the day have a more difficult time when it comes to getting ifrits. While that is true, doesn't that argument hold for literally every other event in the game ? :facepalm: (And yes I also work at the moment)

Secondly, regarding their use (specifically in PvP scenarios):
Unless you are fighting something like a poenari or any other ship that lacks burst damage, making use of the ifrit cortex is incredibly difficult and risky. I would argue that the risk it poses outweighs the potential benefits.
Moreover, often times holding onto your protector or shield for that long just to activate the cortex will actually mess up your cd cycles and you may end up in a pod because of it :ROFLMAO: (Let's not even mention CQs or team fights where trying to abuse ifrit is equivalent to a death wish)

Thirdly, I would ask the following question: How come having an ifrit gives you an "unfair advantage" ? Obtaining those requires A LOT of time and effort just like obtaining the best ancient items (as @Eredin pointed out) and I see no reason why anyone should be restricted in its use after spending hours down on the reactor planet competing with others.

On a final note, when it comes to exclusivity:
I have said before that whether or not the ifrit cortex remains a reward to be given only to the best performing teams should be entirely up to the community so if that many people are raising concerns, why not have a poll that reaches as much of the servers' population as possible?

P.S. @KingSub I believe it's completely unreasonable to compare boosters and drones to ifrit cortexes (one has multiple prerequisites for its activation, which can make it difficult to use, the others are permanent damage buffs with no downsides whatsoever)
So basically disabling ifrit in PvP will completely discredit it but then ifrit doesn't work in PvE?
I don't question the effort it takes, but I do question the people who have the ability to log on at 5am and log off at 10pm to be able to farm ifrits? Somehow not having a life outside the game is something that should be rewarded?

Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Za VillainEmperor
Rank
So basically disabling ifrit in PvP will completely discredit it but then ifrit doesn't work in PvE?
I don't question the effort it takes, but I do question the people who have the ability to log on at 5am and log off at 10pm to be able to farm ifrits? Somehow not having a life outside the game is something that should be rewarded?
Effort is effort, if they wake up at 5 AM and sacrifice their sleep then I see no problem with it, their life, their choice.
Also, since when doesn't ifrit work in PvE ? I use it for PvE on a daily basis lol.

That´s if only considering the PvE Factor cus when you have PM active or are on a PvP Planet they will be enabled but makes sense to prevent the "P2W factor" of comming up and giving the feel that during PvP you need to have the boosters to stay competetive.
Boosters DO work in Pirate Mode (except the speed boost), they just do NOT work in PvP combat. The same is true of alloys. And yes, eliminate the p2w factor, the thing is, ifrit cortexes have nothing to do with p2w xD.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
And yes, eliminate the p2w factor, the thing is, ifrit cortexes have nothing to do with p2w xD.
I was here only refering to the Boosters not the ifrit or any other cortex cus in the end they are "situational". In terms of the boosters i only a vague memory but seem to remember that in earlier stages with active pm they where not active but this might be from the time where PM could be activated and deactivated at will rather then as we know it now.

Aside from that as you have already stated Geta it is interesting that Reactor discussions always break out when RDX is comming up while they never pop up for the existing Reactor planets for some weird reason :unsure: and are imo a think that would need much more attention in term of invested time vs reward with an way longer reward timer then RDX.

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
Effort is effort, if they wake up at 5 AM and sacrifice their sleep then I see no problem with it, their life, their choice.
Also, since when doesn't ifrit work in PvE ? I use it for PvE on a daily basis lol.
Actually what I said was supposed to be a joke 'cause it seems that many people forgot that Ifrit cortex works on PvE too. :ROFLMAO:

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Why again, in the case of ifrit, are talking only people with infinite time for playing here being in the elite groups lol?

First thing, of course Ifrit should not be disabled at all in PvP. Someone was tryharding to get it, np. But as me, in the past, and Eredin, now, said that Ifrit Cortex is being distributed wrongly discouraging pilots to do the event. So I would recommend either giving parts by completing the hardest waves or just fix the ranking to give ifrits to more players when the ranking is basically almost empty to encourage all players to participate the event.

Btw, @Eredin it would be enough to bump my topic from last year than just creating your own xD

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Actually what I said was supposed to be a joke 'cause it seems that many people forgot that Ifrit cortex works on PvE too. :ROFLMAO:
That's because PVE its pepega anyway, not like u need an ifrit for it

Iron Black

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
iron black
Rank
Clan
Tropa de Elite Kps
The cortexes are fine as they are and period hehehe ... Stop wanting to change everything that you can't get out ... like the Raven etc. :)

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
Hello everyone,

I think it's good that I'm clarifying a few things on this subject; this post is just a SUGGESTION I think it's good that I'm reminding you.
However, a few things bother me about what some people are saying. Most of the people who responded to this topic had arguments that were quite understandable on the whole I don't question. The thing that bothers me the most is this kind of pure "egoism" of some. Let me explain.

Indeed for some time I notice that some players complain "Why there is almost nobody who PvP" or "It is necessary to revive the PvP of PG" because indeed a lot of players remained blocked at the time or the shocks were OP/old PvP. But that not the only reason. Let me remind you of 2 things, 1st, the post about "balancing PvP" in 2016:

I think it's good to remember that many things have been changed in PvP to make it more "fair", especially the considerable stun nerf (well, I admit that the long stun meta was a pain in the ass) and so on. This allowed all players to at least have a chance to beat ancient equipped players. It's the best thing about it, even today a gold equipped person will get ridiculed on Colossus against ancient equipped players.

2nd thing, it would also be nice to remember the system that allows total anonymity on Colossus (except for the voice chat). But if it doesn't have too much to do with it, I think it's good to specify that this system was set up to avoid provocation between players. The last few years have been spent trying to make PvP as "fair" as possible so that all players can play PvP without being literally taken apart by over-equipped players, you have to put yourself in their shoes. For example on Trantor, for the Vega, Antares, Gemini Colossus the players consult before the beginning of the Colossus (when there are few people) to decide if it was going to be in gold or ancient. This way of thinking is already an advance because it allows players who have not unlocked Sirius to be able to participate in the same stages as other players (if drones & cortexes are not allowed in addition).

I can understand that for many people my way of thinking may be unfair in view of some who sacrifice their time to farm Ifrit parts to be able to use them in PvP. But I think we should think of all the players in the game and not an elite. The problem is that many players because of their well equipped ships don't think about the smaller players who still want to play PvP in their Pirate Galaxy progression.
To conclude I think that to push this balancing to its maximum it would be necessary to deactivate the cortexes at least on Colossus (and even the drones by the way). To fight with the pure stats ships.

I want to make it clear that the motivation after this post was in no way a "hatred" towards anyone but just an annoyance to see people complaining that no one is PvPing because what I said above is one of the many reasons (beyond the underpopulation in the servers.) The first impression of PvP in a game is for many players the most important one, so imagine what your impression would be if you were playing Pirate Galaxy PvP for the first time actually.

Kind regards,
Eredin

PS: That people perceive me as a "total anti-ifrit" (which is not the case) I don't really care about that...
Sometimes you have to make sacrifice and this is sometimes unfair to some.

NosferatuZodd

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
Griffith
Rank
Clan
Tropa de Elite Kps
Ok I will put my opinion here on the subject.
Currently on pirate galaxy it is possible to say that its End Game is terrible. With the exception of raven events, all other events are useless since it is possible to buy everything with gold or because the player already has all the items, obtained from previous events.
Furthermore, the game itself has absolutely nothing that End Game players struggle and strive to obtain, with the exception of ifrit cortex.
Currently this cortex is the only object that makes End Game players come into the game to do something and strive, and also that those average experienced players, attracted by the power of the ifrit cortex, strive to obtain them as well.
Nerfying this cortex to unusable, especially in pvp, would only make the raven event useless, leaving the game more monotonous and aimless for End Game players.
Anyway, the only improvement that in my opinion would be reasonable, would be to obtain the cortex to be related to the number of rounds, for example, if you reach round 10, you get at least 1 part.

ben1982

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
ben1982
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
Hello everyone,

"
Easy" method:
- A nerf of the ifrit

"
Medium" method:

"
Hard" method:

Now let's debate!

Kind regards,
Eredin
View attachment 49751
I don't actually believe people complain that ifrit cortex is unfair unbalanced or too strong....this discussion only happens during RDX event.
We've been using them for upwards of years and I think people have enough sense to know when something is badly balanced....(aim scrambler)...

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I don't actually believe people complain that ifrit cortex is unfair unbalanced or too strong....this discussion only happens during RDX event.
We've been using them for upwards of years and I think people have enough sense to know when something is badly balanced....(aim scrambler)...
If we boil everything down the main reason why this discussion always breaks out is less the cortext itself and more related to the reward system how it is handled.

During RDX events the 1st 2-3 days it gives enough pilots who do the reactor part so that it gives at least a few places that will get rewarded. With each passing day you will just see an decrease of participants and with that in return see less and less rewarded places due of the mechanics for the reward system until it wil end with only 1 or in rare cases 2 reward places.

I find it always funny tbh that this only pops up during RDX Events as it cleary gives 2 other Reactor planets with an way higher timeframe for the rewards but everyone seems to be ok with that and the same mechanic of the system for the rewards lol.