What's new

Feedback Thread · Items Overhaul Public Test

Narokath

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Dear pilots,

After we set off with the limited scope of just reworking the Taunt and Aggro Beacon items, the upcoming update quickly turned into a big items overhaul which is now in the testing phase! :sweatgrinning:

The update is now ready for the public PTR test which will help us find remaining issues, get your feedback and provide insight into server performance. As soon as everything runs smoothly and we could incorporate your feedback, the testing phase will conclude with the live release to follow shortly after.

:info: Please Read This Before Joining the Test:
  • ! >>> READ THE CHANGELOG <<< !
  • The PTR ("Public Test Realm") is exclusively used for testing.
  • The server is running a state that was already used in a previous public test, so you may have an avatar on it already. If you need to create a new account and avatar, it will automatically be given the items etc. which are required for testing the new update (see below).
  • What you see on the PTR is still work in progress and might change during testing and for the live release.
  • Only the English language is available for the game client.
  • This test will only run for a few days.
  • To gain access to the PTR, you may need to register a new Splitscreen Games account explicitly for the PTR.

:!: Design Changes Only for the Public Test:

The changes below are only applied during the testing phase and will be reverted/not take place when the update goes live.
  • After creating a new avatar, it will receive the following:
    • Level is set to 99
    • All blueprints unlocked
    • All missions unlocked
    • Artifact completed
    • All astrogation and nav chips collected
    • 500,000 Gold
    • 500,000,000 Cryonite
    • 500,000,000 Energy
  • Pilots that already have an avatar on the PTR will receive the above on top of what they already have.
  • Conquest changes
    • All Conquests are open team conquests
    • Conquests are scheduled every 2 hours instead of every 24 hours
    • Conquest activity checks are disabled
    • Only a limited set of Conquest planets is available:
      • Asteroid junkyard
      • Remo
      • Desai
      • Ob
      • Saturn
      • Mercury
      • Valkion
      • Mouth of Dori
      • Cetacea

:?: Questions to the Community

It would be great if you can use the following questions as a guideline when you provide your feedback here.
  • How does the balance feel for item x?
  • Did you encounter combinations that are imbalanced?
Have fun and leave your feedback right here as a reply to this post.

Bugs go here => BUG FORUM

:celebrate: :)

Estimados pilotos,

Después de empezar a trabajar en el Señuelo y el Picador, la próxima actualización es ahora una gran actualización de rebalanceo de componentes que se encuentra en fase de pruebas. :sweatgrinning:

Ahora está lista para la prueba pública PTR que nos ayudará a encontrar los problemas restantes, obtener sus comentarios y proporcionar información sobre el rendimiento del servidor. Tan pronto como todo funcione sin problemas y podamos incorporar vuestros comentarios, la fase de pruebas concluirá y poco después se lanzará la actualización en los servidores de juego.

:info: Por favor, leed esto antes de participar en la prueba:
  • ! >>> LEE EL REGISTRO DE CAMBIOS <<< !
  • El PTR ("Entorno de Pruebas Públicas") se utiliza exclusivamente para pruebas.
  • El servidor está ejecutando un estado que ya se utilizó en una prueba pública anterior, por lo que es posible que ya tengas un piloto en él. Si necesitas crear una nueva cuenta y un nuevo piloto, se te asignarán automáticamente los componentes, etc. necesarios para probar la nueva actualización (ver más abajo).
  • Lo que veas en el PTR sigue siendo trabajo en curso y podría cambiar durante las pruebas y para el lanzamiento en vivo.
  • El cliente del juego solo está disponible en inglés.
  • Esta prueba solo durará unos días.
  • Para acceder al PTR, es posible que tengas que registrar una nueva cuenta de Splitscreen Games explícitamente para el PTR.

:!: Cambios de diseño sólo para la prueba pública:

Los cambios a continuación sólo se aplican durante la fase de pruebas y se revertirán/no se llevarán a cabo cuando la actualización salga en los servidores de juego.
  • Después de crear un nuevo piloto,éste recibirá lo siguiente:
    • El nivel se establece en 99
    • Todos los planos desbloqueados
    • Todas las misiones desbloqueadas
    • Artefacto completado
    • Todos los chips de navegación recogidos
    • 500,000 de Oro
    • 500.000.000 de Crionita
    • 500.000.000 de Energía
  • Los pilotos que ya tengan un piloto en el PTR recibirán lo anterior además de lo que ya tienen.
  • Cambios en Conquistas
    • Todas las conquistas serán Conquistas Libres
    • Las conquistas están programadas cada 2 horas en lugar de cada 24 horas
    • Desactivada la comprobación de actividad en conquistas
    • Sólo está disponible un conjunto limitado de planetas de Conquista:
      • Zona de Asteroides
      • Remo
      • Desai
      • Ob
      • Saturno
      • Mercurio
      • Valkión
      • Boca de Dori
      • Cetacea

:?: Preguntas a la Comunidad

Sería estupendo que utilizarais las siguientes preguntas como guía a la hora de dar vuestra opinión aquí.
  • Que te parece el balance del componente x?
  • Has encontrado combinaciones desequilibradas?
Diviértete y deja tus comentarios aquí como respuesta a este post.

Los errores van aquí => FORO DE BUGS

:celebrate: :)

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
where do i donate

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
bug n1.png
Hud overlapping, game language set to English

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Antares and Mizar mixed together that is nice; was it gone after changing system and opening it again?

JustinLayce

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
gast
Rank
Clan
Survivors
alewx: for me the same with Antares and Mizar

Queen Myrrah

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Myrrah
Rank
Clan
EL HOLANDES HERRANTE
What are the changes?

Z0ckt

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Z0ckt
Rank
I am not yet familiar enough with the Tau Ceti technology to understand its basic function.

But the Aggro Beacon does an excellent job with these changes, and it now seems to make more sense than before. My personal wish would be to have the option for the Agrobeacon to follow the player, like the field repair tower, if you want it to. It goes without saying that the effect is only activated after placement. Whether that would be too powerful and too unbalanced in retrospect, I'll leave that up to you to decide. I am referring to PVE, not PVP. If it is too strong in pirate mode, it is advisable to leave the function deactivated.

The fact that the cooling time of the Thermoblast has been reduced and is therefore available again more quickly is a good thing. I have always found it too long.

Taunt: So the enemy ship that I select as a tank is less able to repair itself and the enemy ship receives more damage as long as it has the taunt active? Have I understood this correctly? So the time until it is available again is increased and the use of the taunt is now shorter? Sounds better than the previous utilisation in any case. It was rather boring if you only played PVE. I don't know yet if I'll like the long cool-down time and short usage time, I'll have to test that, but the new features sound interesting.

The new changes to the aggro bomb are good. However, I don't know if the reduced damage should be 50%. Maybe increase it a bit more?

space mercenary

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
.Loxus.
Rank
can you please make enemies and allies magnet trap have different colors in cq

TheData

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
TheData
Rank
Overall the changes made have been positive and most are very happy to see them. My feedback so far would be:

Aggrobeacon - A use in PvP is welcome and is a great change. Not stacking helps keep it from being too prominent. For PvE the much reduced duration does take away from its main strength, so id personally like to see a increase in its duration to help maintain its primary use in PvE (maybe an additional 25% of what it currently is)

Aggrobomb - Oh boy depending on your side of the fence of this you either love this change or hate it. For fun purposes its great, however for balance probably not. The damage bonus is nice, but the 50% minimum damage is the main issue here. Maybe to 25% or 33% will stop it from being to OP in the CQ scene. For PvE the change is great.

Aim Scrambler - Aim Scrambler now aim scrambles. Its good to see. The problem is more with the ships its on. Combined with the bomb buff and Perf buff for the VQ and the buffs for Granite, its very strong. For the poe and tank it feels right.

Attack Droid - Another welcome change. I still would prefer it to have a shorter cooldown or longer activation as PvP does not really need to be considered as much on this item. Outside of that the damage and extra health make it a good item

Attack Charge - A nice bonus but id still like to see it buffed a bit more. Outside of the strong variant its just not very useful. Maybe adding a secondary buff like Hit chance, or making the non strong variants a bit stronger would do.

Corruption Cloud - Hell yes a much needed change. No complaints either way

Deflection Droid - Although outside of sirius this tech was not META, 30% increase does seem rather large. Either way staying the same or reduced a bit, it should be fine.

Lightning Chain - A good buff to give it more viability, Thunderbird users are ecstatic

Magnet Trap - Will always be strong, so a tiny increase in strength is fine.

Materializers - Combined with deflection droid buff, This makes regular engineer and Pitch as viable as each other. Strong materializer has been too strong for a while. Although long mat will never really be used, strong being brought back into line should bring more pitches and marbles into PvP and maybe PvE content. A good change

Mine - Although the extra cooldown reduction is great. this suffers from Aggrobomb problem. 50% for PvP is just too strong, specially on a slate. 25-33% minimum would help this and make overall OS/Mine equal for both PvP and PvE.

Perforator - A good change

Quantum Leap - Great change, makes it much more useful.

Repair Field Turret - Another good change, making its spam on para's and wolf's fewer and farther.

Rocket - Although not really an issue in PvP, in PvE this feels too strong. With such high minimum damage its gonna be very easy to abuse. If this was intended to add more variety, compositions and more cryo earnt then this is great. If this was not, then this is an unintended side affect. Its a fun change that would be fine staying as its affect on PvP is minimal. A reduction to 66% would be enough if it was to be reduced.

Speed Actuator - A good change, bringing the cc down a bit. Feels more balanced but does drop some ships kept up by how good speed was back down again.

Sticky Bomb - More much needed changes, bringing it into line with other AoE more. The 50% minimum is less problematic here, just based on the ships its on and the delay before going off. Kept at 50% is fine.

Stun and Stun Dome - Finally some much needed buffs to stuns. for PvE long of both feels great now, specially dome. For PvP they also feel good, with Stun Dome becoming especially strong.

Taunt - Another good change to add some PvP and more PvE functionality. Although i think the cooldown is rather long, maybe reduced to 60-75 seconds, the change is welcome and will bring the bullfrog to its rightful place the this games greatest ship.

Thermoblast - Needed and good, but id still like to see it another small buff. Either 20% or so more damage, or another 10-15% off its cooldown for more PvE use without affecting PvP too much.

Along with the Warscore fix, the majority of these changes are great. More importantly none of these changes miss the mark, rather just some needed a bit of tinkering in my personal opinion. Nice to see community ideas implemented and taken seriously. Well done <3

Kafuu Chino

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
Kafuu Chino
Rank
Clan
Power of the Eternals

Z0ckt

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Z0ckt
Rank
Aggrobomb - Oh boy depending on your side of the fence of this you either love this change or hate it. For fun purposes its great, however for balance probably not. The damage bonus is nice, but the 50% minimum damage is the main issue here. Maybe to 25% or 33% will stop it from being to OP in the CQ scene. For PvE the change is great.
Are you sure the aggro bomb is too strong? I haven't flown a ship with aggro bombs for a very long time, but when I used them I always found them far too weak in PVE. The strength of the missiles should not be worsened. Where's the fun otherwise if there are no nice explosions from several ships at the same time? That's what I always missed about the Aggro Bomb, which is why I gave up the tank class years ago and switched to Storm. I want to be able to inflict massive damage with these weapons. Both with rockets and with aggro bombs. If they are weakened too much, I no longer see this as guaranteed.

TheData

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
TheData
Rank
[
Are you sure the aggro bomb is too strong? I haven't flown a ship with aggro bombs for a very long time, but when I used them I always found them far too weak in PVE. The strength of the missiles should not be worsened. Where's the fun otherwise if there are no nice explosions from several ships at the same time? That's what I always missed about the Aggro Bomb, which is why I gave up the tank class years ago and switched to Storm. I want to be able to inflict massive damage with these weapons. Both with rockets and with aggro bombs. If they are weakened too much, I no longer see this as guaranteed.
In pve the aggrobomb is fine. In PvP, 2-3 bombs can eliminate an entire team with this new update. That is unbalanced, hence the damage stays the same just the minimum damage changed to stop 2 VQs eliminating 1/2 a team with 1 button. I would recommend going to a couple cqs or flying on the ptr to find out for yourself

darklink3

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Darkxell
Rank
Well, thank you for these changes!
It was unexpected and very welcome, I'm glad to see some freshness in Pirate Galaxy.
Here's, as asked, a bit of feedback on the different items:

Beacon

Obviously the star of the show, the beacon is very strong.
It does an awesome job at needing to be destroyed before the player who placed it.
While It is quite a lot more useful than most items in battle, its limitation to ships that are otherwise terrible makes it a good change. I would keep it as it, it's strong but not overwhelming to play against (clear counterplay, either destroy it or focus someone else and eat some damage)
New vfx is much better, thanks.
10/10 item, fun to use and play around and against

Bomb

Good change. Not much to say here, it's now a good alternative to the orbital strike. The conquests on PTR are flawed since there is next to 0 corruption cloud, I feel like the damage is bearable, but can definitely catch offguard. The 100% damage up to 4 targets is something I like too.

Aim scrambler

Particularly noticeable on the quatz and the scorpion, needs to be tested more on the pitchstone.
Good change overall, scambler is now awesome at diverting focus fire, while still being vulnerable to aoe damage (the new bomb creates an interesting dynamic here!)
Good change.

Corruption cloud

Good, but Imo not enough. I would like a (drastic) nerf to the cloud's duration as well, it still is up all the time on everyone.
Corruption clouds (and materializers) favors slow gameplay, which often becomes unfun when respawn timers kick in mid fight with how long battles take. Corruption clouds being omnipresent favors ships with high base stats heavily compared to ships with outplay potential, and isn't very fun.

Deflection droid

Good change imo, it can now cycle 100% of the time with 2 players, which rewards good communication.

I'd probably see a health increase fitting as well. The only ship viable with it is the pitchstone, and the nerf to repair field/lack of materializer means it has fallen out of meta when corruption clouds force slow gameplay (having droids and corruption clouds on the same team makes no sense).
Also, currently, tanky ships with aoe (lava, again...) can just eat the DD's backlash damage and not really care, which is a problem when the DD will just die and stop working. More DD health would help its effectiveness.

Materializer

First one in the list I really dislike, sorry.
1) Even after the change the strong materializer is a strict upgrade to the other two. This is wrong.
2) It's way WAY too strong. Resurrecting a member of your squad every minute is by FAR the best effect of any item in the game. It was "fine" when it was on squishy ships you had to focus, like engineers, but the sable has quickly risen to god tier because of how strong the materializer is. It is able to stay alive way too much and often resurrects twice per fight, bringing unfathomable value in conquests and overshadowing every other ship.
Even if you bring a sable down, it takes so much to do so that you won't be able to kil the 2nd sable to resurrect the first, or the 3rd...

Sure, the quartz having every item buffed alleviates the issue, but it's still unhealthy that a single item has so much impact on the metagame. Corruption clouds and materializers need to be less omnipresent, and have much longer cooldown to be a strategic decision instead of resurrecting everyone you see.

Imo, increase the cooldown of the strong Materializer threefold, and double the normal one. With this, it would still be a good item, but not the absurdity it currently is. And all 3 would have a use.

Mine

Awesome change. Fun both in PvE and Conquest, very nice to see.

Protector

You still can't protect someone against stuns if he already had a shield when stunned.
Otherwise, good change.

Quantum leap

Feels incredible to play. Lot more interesting, and fun.
10/10 change.

Repair turret and field

Justified nerf, will be slightly less horrible to stack turrets on cetacea.
Good change.

Rocket

Maybe a little much for PvE? Eh, I like it either way.
Doesn't change mych in pvp

Speed actuator

Deserved nerf. Now also punishes giving it to someone else, I like it.

Sticky Bomb

Very nice change, feels better tu use. More consistancy, stronger, good.
Overall, the new AOE logic for everything except the orbital strike is imo a fantastic change.

Stun charge

Oh my god, no.
1) Coupled with the beacon change, this makes the shock very hard to deal with ,especially in 1v1.
Ships with long stun + long dome lasts for 35s, and after that you have only 5 seconds to play before you are stunned again for 22 seconds. Being able to play 5 seconds every minute is RIDICULOUS and not fun, it is unhealthy for the game.
Strong stuns are a bit more balanced, they do what they advertise, but still imo last for WAY too long.
While I'm glad this is finally a viable counter to sables, this shock loadout is degenerate. Please change it, needs to be shorter in some way.
2) On non shock ships this is unbearable. Sure, the cricket will see some use, but wtf is the hunter in 1v1 now?

I would actually like the stun charge to only affect GCD and not major item cooldowns, being stunned permanantly is terrible. But at least, please allow us to play the game by making them slightly shorter.

Stun Dome

Not as bad as the stun charge, and the AoE increase is interesting. It's now a decent item, where as it was very underwhelming before.
The synergy with ships that already have a stun charge is still problematic, however.

Thermoblast

Good change, the CD was too long. Damag increase could get out of hand, this is fine.

I have not yet tested the items I didn't mention (sorry attack droid :/).

NosferatuZodd

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
Griffith
Rank
Clan
Tropa de Elite Kps
Attack Droid - Another welcome change. I still would prefer it to have a shorter cooldown or longer activation as PvP does not really need to be considered as much on this item. Outside of that the damage and extra health make it a good item
As mentioned, the attack droid is still not good enough, one of its main problems was it extremely high cooldown time and this has not been resolved yet. I have been testing it on the PTR and it takes too long to recharge, and even more because it can be destroyed.

TheData

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
TheData
Rank
As mentioned, the attack droid is still not good enough, one of its main problems was it extremely high cooldown time and this has not been resolved yet. I have been testing it on the PTR and it takes too long to recharge, and even more because it can be destroyed.
Exactly. Its still an improvement, but feels like it goes away too quick