What's new

Dev Shack Introduction #01

Status
Not open for further replies.

momen.faisal

Reaction score
Why is the game dead?
Seriously, I am new, level 5, and this game looks great, but I don't see any players around!

I have only spoke with 1 player, although I expected to log in to see a lot of players and fight with'em fly with'em and kick ass with them'em, but that didn't happen at all, It was disappointing.

However I continued to play, I told myself "Nah, there are more players, probably in the hard section of this system, maybe there are no newbies around.?", is this true? are there players but in far planets?

I heard someone complaining about grinding in game, MUCH grinding, I don't know whether it's real or not but I realized it's real when it came to the blueprints part... (MUCH grinding).

What I'm saying is that when you hit enemy ships, destroy alot of them and you don't get a blueprint you may rage quit, which is bad for every game..

I still want to know why there are no much players around, though.

Mastian

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Mastian
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
momen.faisal said:
Why is the game dead?
Seriously, I am new, level 5, and this game looks great, but I don't see any players around!

I have only spoke with 1 player, although I expected to log in to see a lot of players and fight with'em fly with'em and kick ass with them'em, but that didn't happen at all, It was disappointing.

However I continued to play, I told myself "Nah, there are more players, probably in the hard section of this system, maybe there are no newbies around.?", is this true? are there players but in far planets?

I heard someone complaining about grinding in game, MUCH grinding, I don't know whether it's real or not but I realized it's real when it came to the blueprints part... (MUCH grinding).

What I'm saying is that when you hit enemy ships, destroy alot of them and you don't get a blueprint you may rage quit, which is bad for every game..

I still want to know why there are no much players around, though.
The game isn't dead, but the most player are at sirius.
For bluesprints you can ask other player, with a Lvl 85er player you get best blue of vega in 15 min.

POSITRON3

Reaction score
OK here is Dev Shack, thats good. but still dont see anything about tau ceti or it delay. maybe you can call me impacient and maybe i am but from mid 2013 until now had passed much days, i think will be hard to find peoples with more pacience thant that.

Also i hope, i really hope, i really really really hope, i beg, this Dev Shack is not for tell us that tau have to wait more.

Please after almost 3 year give us something, Maybe a single blaster more powerfull than sirius one. (make it hard, very hard to get) Adicional armor for parsec and/or other ships?

Please, please we dont want to heard that we need to wait more, that will be the grace shoot.

hoping to get good news after 3 years i think we deserved it. thanks.

thrustssc

Reaction score
this dev shack is only build for buy time the users will see ahhh the devs are still alive but we are still not smarter than before
and now we also have to wait several weeks to get some infos so tell us / me what is the sense of this dev shack
in my eyes the dev shack is useless sorry for this but this is my opinion

after 4 years is this all what you have to offer us .......ridiculous.......... i feel ripped off

judgefear

Reaction score
thrustssc said:
this dev shack is only build for buy time the users will see ahhh the devs are still alive but we are still not smarter than before
and now we also have to wait several weeks to get some infos so tell us / me what is the sense of this dev shack
in my eyes the dev shack is useless sorry for this but this is my opinion

after 4 years is this all what you have to offer us .......ridiculous.......... i feel ripped off
you can say that at the devs who are go out to SplitScreen. Since last year 2 of 3 devs (not sure if 3) are go out and i don't know if there are replace or no. but in the case of that for the new devs it could take a long time to adpat to the source code and that could explain why they don't release an update since long time.

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
Here is an idea i have been thinking about for a loong time now:
What if we take the blaster. Split the blaster effects between the button "Q" and "E".
So when u hit "Q" the Left blaster will fire, and right blaster with "E".

The energy usage also splits between the usage of the buttons Q and E. This will not do more damage on your enemy. But it would be a hell of a cool effect to enjoy. As long as you hold one of the buttons in, the energy will drop the same value as the blaster is required to do, but the blaster is firing continiously.

And as you fire. The blaster should get this red glowing color showing us it gets warmed up. And starts to fire slower as it needs to cool down for some seconds to work properly again.

The same principle as a gatling gun. I love those. :devilish:

This could be some exclusive shit to the upcoming Tau Ceti tech's. :mrorange:

thrustssc

Reaction score
judgefear said:
you can say that at the devs who are go out to SplitScreen. Since last year 2 of 3 devs (not sure if 3) are go out and i don't know if there are replace or no. but in the case of that for the new devs it could take a long time to adpat to the source code and that could explain why they don't release an update since long time.
sorry but i cant belive this
when i change my employer or my company i dont have several years of time to find out how something works
i think they simply have not worked at this game and spend their resources on dino storm or something else
but when i see that 70% of users are going away and split also do nothing is this the wrong way
so we will se but i dont think that many players come back when new content will arrive

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
You will definitely get an honest answer on why Tau Ceti was delayed in Pirate Galaxy in the next devshack, posted in the next week. Thanks for your feedback so far, positive as well as the negative ones.

Vigilante

Reaction score
I gotta agree with Water here (wich post is now gone!??). May I remind you of the words from your CEO as he once told in a lecture on how to win the competition by focusing on speed as a business strategy and how it is applied to game development.

>> 6 months to develop a game with 1 developer !!! <<

Here is the lecture:

Can you imagine that the explanation to why TC is late got to be really good for me to believe a word of it? :frown:

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
We dont need "big" update and wait for next somthing new 4years. Just give us in 1mont new armor or ship or new planet in tc but dont up many in 1time.

Same abaut game. Game have many yers but still realy little options settings. PG have great soundtracks but we heres more fire weapons like music. Give us pls volume for music sound and effect sound for finaly chave config for heres only sound music no like now sound effect or bouth.

Promotion : there us too little promotion. Will be great have weekends promotion for alloy,ship,even upgrade armor with ofc up HH. Game have potencial but with normal players can buy green alloy when price is so high. For me is too little promotion and even if people buy golds they buy only membership and sometime bp boost becouse other is too big price. I remember in 3years 2 time alloy promotion. If you realy want to game survive,update is not enof...
Global cryo boost,alloy promo,upgrade armor promo,boosters promo,rare golds promo all this you can up and gives like : weekend event promotion 1by1 at month.

Thx for readingmy post

Droxor

Reaction score
What is missing at PG is the animal life aquatic see, when I walk on diluted with water on Earth or on Lyris, we do not see fish and animals, it seems to me that the better game, to see life, apart just to see mantis seems to me that it would add a little touch of realism!
Bah was my personal opinion ...

Excuse me to my poor english...

Troll

Reaction score
Droxor said:
What is missing at PG is the animal life aquatic see, when I walk on diluted with water on Earth or on Lyris, we do not see fish and animals, it seems to me that the better game, to see life, apart just to see mantis seems to me that it would add a little touch of realism!

nebulaman

Reaction score
Droxor said:

Excuse me to my poor english...
Yes. That's the root of the problem in PG. No fish.

:sneaky:

POSITRON3

Reaction score
i am really worry about highway said update will come this year. It sound bad to me when he could said update will come this month. I am really concern because it sound to me like, can take still much more time :(

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
What i think that would be a good thing to do. Is to replace Vega 2 with its first map back in the vega system.
Not as story planet. But just so it's there, in the outher zone. I started playing while Vega 2 was the first planet to play on with the first map. That will bring back some good old memories for sure. :)
Yes there was a time before Kalabesh and Axiom. :sneaky:

katana33

Reaction score
Hello there
When i started playing PG seriously i had my aims and one of them was to have fun from PvP and do my best there.
U can see from my playing time that i played much and i really love this game :)
However i am much frustrated coz of speed boosters having effect in PvP.
Opponent with speed boosters gets whole advantage in PvP to non boosted people. For example its easier for them to avoid os , also they have whole advantage with ships having ranged weapons like sb and thermo. And ship with speed act and speed booster is whole threat because it can run anytime to reload items and will come back.
So we , some of players ask to Devs to think about this . If boosters are deactivated on CQ and battle planets, make it off while PM on too please. Example when someone turns red on , booster is deactivated while pirate is in PM. I think in PvP everyone should have same chances despite of how much of RL money they can put in game.
Please pay attention on this. PvP part of game is what is most important to me and most of level 85 players in game and if PvP gets no fun and boring then it pulls me away from game :(
I am looking forward on you , thanks in advance.

sierra

Reaction score
katana33 said:
Hello there
When i started playing PG seriously i had my aims and one of them was to have fun from PvP and do my best there.
U can see from my playing time that i played much and i really love this game :)
However i am much frustrated coz of speed boosters having effect in PvP.
Opponent with speed boosters gets whole advantage in PvP to non boosted people. For example its easier for them to avoid os , also they have whole advantage with ships having ranged weapons like sb and thermo. And ship with speed act and speed booster is whole threat because it can run anytime to reload items and will come back.
So we , some of players ask to Devs to think about this . If boosters are deactivated on CQ and battle planets, make it off while PM on too please. Example when someone turns red on , booster is deactivated while pirate is in PM. I think in PvP everyone should have same chances despite of how much of RL money they can put in game.
Please pay attention on this. PvP part of game is what is most important to me and most of level 85 players in game and if PvP gets no fun and boring then it pulls me away from game :(
I am looking forward on you , thanks in advance.
Yeah agree with katana boost gives many advantages and os is usless lol becouse you can avoid it without afterburner. If it's too much to deactivate it when you go red maybe it should deactivate when you get shot by a player and come back 2 minutes after the last attack you get. :?:
---> http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&p=179918#p179918

mark750

Reaction score
sierra said:
Yeah agree with katana boost gives many advantages and os is usless lol becouse you can avoid it without afterburner. If it's too much to deactivate it when you go red maybe it should deactivate when you get shot by a player and come back 2 minutes after the last attack you get. :?:
---> http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&p=179918#p179918
Totally agree with katana and sierra, don't let this game become a pay to win please!

POSITRON3

Reaction score
still nothing about TCeti? hmmmm enought is enought i better begin to find a new game where to spend my money.

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
POSITRON3 said:
still nothing about TCeti? hmmmm enought is enought i better begin to find a new game where to spend my money.
U still god tomorrow. ;) be patience.....maybe? :mrorange:

Status
Not open for further replies.