Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Hello Dante Knelly,

Devs have mentioned a couple of times their concerns regarding this "automation" features, even tho its known to obviously something that could be a QoL but could lead to many exploits, bot using, and etc. I don't think its 100% discarted but as they said multiple times, they aren't really friendly with it. :D
Can we count this then eventually as a hint that the devs may not have a real idea what would be the best course of action to implement it in terms of exploit/bot using, etc? If this should be the case i´m sure that players then could stick their heads together to give some ideas how it could be implemented or what course it should take...

Knowing me i surely would have the one or other thing in mind as my other suggestion of the E-Fields shows already... along with some of my other posts :sweatgrinning:.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Your point being?
no its just everytime the game seems to be alot more easier or harder (stuck on venar years ago without anything) the players will leave and they did leave many many players left because they was bored with something that wasnt finished. I did leave too, but since 2015 i m back in the game and i've seen more and better adjustments than an gigantic universal-radius-collector. you got free cryo in cqs and free many gravs + daily gravs. what will happen if they bring a feature for self collecting items ? doesnt matter if it is blueprints , cryo or energy cap. years ago some players tried to create energy collecting bot. there are automated games, but pg will never be such a thing otherwise you are in the wrong place. what will happen if they bring this feature live? what will happen with ore? will they collected automatically too? because item is item right? i m not a friend of this idea

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
[...]
what will happen if they bring a feature for self collecting items ? doesnt matter if it is blueprints , cryo or energy cap. years ago some players tried to create energy collecting bot.
[...]
Most simple solution would be to make it so that it only works for cryos and energy (see my previous suggestion to this earlier in the post) while BPs/Ores/younameit still needs to be collected manually.

With the old System where everyone could see an Cryo/BP drop an automated system would have been an issue but since "personalized drops" are a think "cryo/BP stealing and be afk-in-a-sq-farming" are nothing to worry about anymore.

As another "meassure" SSG could also make it so that Cryo is only automatically collected when you are not in Combat mode. Most of the time you may have an item that still is running and rather then wasting the uptime by collecting cryos you would go for the other units to kill them for more potential cryo drops :whistle:

DantePlays

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Dante Knelly
Rank
Clan
No clan
Hello Dante Knelly,

Devs have mentioned a couple of times their concerns regarding this "automation" features, even tho its known to obviously something that could be a QoL but could lead to many exploits, bot using, and etc. I don't think its 100% discarted but as they said multiple times, they aren't really friendly with it. :D
I respect that they've considered it at least, but I couldn't find a thread where they've talked about it. Could you possibly redirect me to one such thread, if it's on the forum at all?