Automatic Cryonite Collection

Risk

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Risk
Rank
Apologies for the text wall, but I wanted to be very detailed and explicit as I think this idea is very thoughtful.

While there are many ideas I would like to see implemented into the game, one of the most positive, effective and non-controversial changes I can think of is a change to cryonite collection and how it works.

Since the release of the game, the cryonite collection system has remained largely the same. This in itself is not necessarily a bad thing. For a few years, it made perfect sense that cryonite collection should be manual, because cryonite drops were not unique to you. Other players who shot the same unit, regardless of whether or not they were in the same squad as you, would be able to see the drops.

Some years ago however, a change to cryonite distribution was introduced. A unit would no longer drop a single universal cryonite which people had to organise/fight over, but drops would instead be "instanced" and made unique to each individual/squadmate who contributed to the kill.

Due to this change in cryonite distribution, it has no longer been necessary to continue a system of manual collection, and many players would welcome a "quality of life" change regarding this. The time and effort spent during manual cryonite collection quickly accumulates (especially when grinding) and this time accumulation leads to a sense of tediousness which, for some, manifests into boredom.

It is important to note that all cryonite dropped is currently unique in its visibility, meaning that since that update a few years ago, "stealing" cryonite has since been rendered impossible.

I thought about the best way to introduce a change like this; it could either be through an update which would be implemented directly into the cryonite collection mechanic, or it could be merged as a trait of the "Cryonite Refiner Drone". So, those who have the refiner drone equipped would receive their +10% cryonite as normal, with the additional bonus of all cryonite drops being automatically collected and added to your cryonite total. This would of course lead to an additional incentive for players to invest in the refiner drone (which would keep the devs happy too).

This change would in no way seem or feel exploitative as the cryonite is earned in exactly the same way. The only difference would be the method of collection and how this would make playing/shooting/grinding more enjoyable for all. The "middle man" of cryonite collection (clicking on, moving to, and collecting) could be removed entirely to no real negative result. The "collector" item of course still would serve a much needed purpose - collecting blueprints, energy, or for those who don't have the refiner drone, cryonite.

I hope this idea is seriously considered, as it would be a total modernisation of how grinding and cryonite accumulation could work. I talked about this idea to a few players in Askone before deciding to write my post here, and it really seems like this would be a welcome change to all. It is difficult to think of reasons why players or even devs would be opposed to a very significant "quality of life" change like this.

Thanks for reading! I am welcome to discussion.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Imo i wouldn´t bind it to the Plus drone and make the "cryo collection" an base part of the game by simply adding the cryo to your account when rng decides that an cryo should "drop".

Many other games have shown that it´s possible to add currency to your account don´t requires any additional action like aiming for it and then gather it.

I would even go so far to say that the collection of energy could get some attention as well where E-Fields simply "give you energy by standing in them" with a rate of X-Energy/second cus let´s be honest collecting e is a painfull part as well that adds up as well even when the collecting part takes up to at least 1 minute minimum depending on how much you need to charge + on what planet you are + feeding the beasts.

Sure the Collector then would really just be reduced to collect BPs if they drop but i rather prefer to use the collector for only 1 single item i need to collect when it drops then to select everything 1 by one and wait for the collection and CD all the time.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Putting energy fields where you stand may not be right. But logical thing is that energy in every part can't be strong, so i'd let them be as they are.

However, many players complained to manual collecting cryonite, such as example where you kill some unit on end of the planet and it drops cryo, then you pod. So the point is, you won't get there back in time to collect it, plus you lost some of your cryo.
Since we got introduce of "separate drops" in sirius adjustments, i dont think it should be manually because we don't need to fight over resources. The fact that many people complain is that they have to collect hundreds of cryos when farming (especially in lower system), plus they may not see some cryo because of some flower or some obstacles (happened in some planets, if you don't look minimap, you can't see it).
One benefit as Risk suggested is awesome, implement automatic collecting into Plus Drone, so that people afford to buy it for benefit. It would collect couple moments after cryonite drops, so you won't miss it (imagine how much time it takes to collect energy + cryonite in total).
To add, i already suggested before
many games have "pay for myself" and "pay for friend" option for gold/diamonds and such.
If clicking to "pay for friend" you click on gold status which opens that option, so just select if it's for you or friend. Then window offers you go type player name to search for it as well. When you click search, you will get results of search such as all players with that name list (exactly same name if so) and their level, so you know what your friend level is. Then just click "select" and it of course opens separate window in your browser for gold.
When transaction is complete, you will get system message "Gold successfully transfered to //player name//
Many games benefitted with this option, because some people can't afford/don't have card in bank to pay gold. For friends who will to help a little (even for just plus drone which we suggested idea above), it would be great option and non-exploitable.

DantePlays

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Dante Knelly
Rank
Clan
No clan
I've tried posting stuff like this (In fact, a few others have too) in the past but had no responses to it. I eventually gave up posting and feel like I'm slowly drifting away from the game. The whole point of playing is to enjoy, not frustrate ourselves. I hope they shine some light onto PG and make it much better than what it is now, we really need some QoL updates.

DantePlays

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Dante Knelly
Rank
Clan
No clan
Vesperion said:
I would even go so far to say that the collection of energy could get some attention as well where E-Fields simply "give you energy by standing in them" with a rate of X-Energy/second cus let´s be honest collecting e is a painfull part as well that adds up as well even when the collecting part takes up to at least 1 minute minimum depending on how much you need to charge + on what planet you are + feeding the beasts.

Sure the Collector then would really just be reduced to collect BPs if they drop but i rather prefer to use the collector for only 1 single item i need to collect when it drops then to select everything 1 by one and wait for the collection and CD all the time.
Agreeing with this, it is a painstaking process but it's probably too much to ask.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Rajaa said:
Putting energy fields where you stand may not be right. But logical thing is that energy in every part can't be strong, so i'd let them be as they are.
You misunderstood, he means automatic collection by standing on the e-fields, not spawning e-fields where you stand.

Vesperion said:

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
HGus said:
Rajaa said:
You misunderstood, he means automatic collection by standing on the e-fields, not spawning e-fields where you stand.
I didn't missunderstand , i just gave point also to other side of that idea. I mentioned both that energy shouldn't be anywhere on planet also , and to not have automatic collection for energy field. Aside of auto cryo collection , if energy was collected automatic on e field , collector would be used only for BPs (and log files , but they will be removed soon , also lost cryonite when pod).
I honestly think it would work to make energy collection automatic , so you can shoot units while it auto-collect energy , and good thing it helps also if u are afk , it fills up your energy. Some other games have that option ofc , auto collecting amethyst - ore and such , but let's see if devs will consider this first. :)

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Rajaa said:
HGus said:
Rajaa said:
I didn't missunderstand , i just gave point also to other side of that idea. I mentioned both that energy shouldn't be anywhere on planet also , and to not have automatic collection for energy field. Aside of auto cryo collection , if energy was collected automatic on e field , collector would be used only for BPs (and log files , but they will be removed soon , also lost cryonite when pod).
I honestly think it would work to make energy collection automatic , so you can shoot units while it auto-collect energy , and good thing it helps also if u are afk , it fills up your energy. Some other games have that option ofc , auto collecting amethyst - ore and such , but let's see if devs will consider this first. :)
Well i don´t intend to change the location of E-Fields or that it should be generated everywhere on the planet. However old Vets of the game know that in the very early times of the Memberships Split had an mechanic with the old Memberships where you "generated xE/minute" but they replaced it pretty quickly with the %-reduction cus during the playtime it was kinda pointless and the ammount you recieved after a few hours not playing was used pretty quick.

Sure the Collector then would be reduced pretty much to the BP collection but it would be more like an QoL (Quality of Life) thing cus players who have Ult-Mem only need to refill their E if they either self mat or had to "feed the beasts". Outside of the E-Fields the BPs still would serve their purpose on they do now already without any change.

The Formula
The only thing i´m not sure about is the E-generation itself inside the E-Fields but for the most easy way i would go for something like "Current E-Max/60 seconds = x E/second"
Translated for an Lvl 91 Pilot it would look then something like this:
11.250E/60 seconds = 187,5 E/second (rounded up 186 E/second)

The Benefit
Over this way a player would at max need 1 full minute ON EVERY PLANET IN EVERY SYSTEM to fill his tank from 0 --> max. The more E you have remaining the less time it takes to fully refill your E-Tank

In return that helps the high level players to help new players with missions cus they need the same time no matter the level and system what also helps a ton for events that play in every system and high level players need to leave for at least 3 - 5 mins the system to go to their current top system to fill their energy up again and then return to the lower system.

Another thing it would serve would be the "brb-moments" where we can shortly move away from the screen and then return with an full E-Tank again.

NinjaFlow

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
- Loq -
Rank
Clan
-Golfos del Universo-
Really if this were applied in the game it would take much of the boredom out of having to collect cryo when you are scoring or just sirius joining cryo normally, the idea of ​​the energy field would help a lot because nowadays we have to collect energy most of the time.
The game needs to change some things that have become very tedious over time which for some of them made me stop playing for wasting more time than having fun.
Staff should focus on tidying up, changing and improving what's already in the game to have more fluid and fun gameplay while not tiring when you're cryo grinding, so Tau Ceti's new updates would be much better enjoyed.
I think split is only interested in making a profit without thinking about what would really make the game better for all players.

DantePlays

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Dante Knelly
Rank
Clan
No clan
If this happens, we could literally take constant breaks, have some time away from the screen and refreshen up before going on another round of cryo hunting

DantePlays

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Dante Knelly
Rank
Clan
No clan
Can we bump this again?

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Pirate Galaxy looks still like Beta test when you see options and you wana anything automaticaly working ???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Let dev breathe, they still fix, improve cq,working on tc4,adding new rdx ship and gold item for it and you still scream MORE MORE !!!

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Can we bump this again?
Well he did bumb it up again so the question alone is "pointless" :unsure:

Anyways if we have bumped this thing up again i think it is safe to say that this function never will come (even when it just would be for Cryo) considering that even with Siri Tech it gives not some sort of "Field Collector" (Strong) who has an higher CD but in return can collect stuff in a certain radius (maybe half radius of RTurr/ATurr/MT ) or "Rapid Collector" with shorter CD.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?

Anyways if we have bumped this thing up again i think it is safe to say that this function never will come (even when it just would be for Cryo) considering that even with Siri Tech it gives not some sort of "Field Collector" (Strong) who has an higher CD but in return can collect stuff in a certain radius (maybe half radius of RTurr/ATurr/MT ) or "Rapid Collector" with shorter CD.
hm pg would be boring until players will stop again to play like in the past

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
hm pg would be boring until players will stop again to play like in the past
Imo the collection of stuff is just an anoying part in certain situations like refilling E or when you are farming to "stop" it for collecting the stuff and then return to it. As i mentioned it i see it more as an QoL rather then a really "gamechanger".

Drifting into the Offtopic section
In another post i also stated that i had a break from PG again what is more related to the situation that for months we have nothing to do (aside from events when they show up) and go back to farming Cryo for building all ships or just to prep for the next system eventually.

PG is in this term only "boring" cus it does not really offer something next to the farming what then would return to the part of suggestions for Daily Missions or some sort of "PG pass" (basically the RDX event is such a pass system) where we have an actuall goal and get rewarded for doing it.

From my pov the best course SSG would go after TC4 is released is working on some sort of "activities" next to the farming even when it would delay the further development of the next system and stuff cus again in their other games that have an Daily login and rewards you for just login to the game while doing nothing actually for the reward
Leaving the Offtopic Section

DantePlays

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Dante Knelly
Rank
Clan
No clan
Pirate Galaxy looks still like Beta test when you see options and you wana anything automaticaly working ???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Let dev breathe, they still fix, improve cq,working on tc4,adding new rdx ship and gold item for it and you still scream MORE MORE !!!
Shove your tone elsewhere, this forum is for anyone to post their concerns

No one's asking for an immediate implementation, just a word from the devs whether it would be considered or not, and in the latter case a simple justification

DantePlays

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Dante Knelly
Rank
Clan
No clan

It would be pointless as the whole thread is towards dropping the entire concept of collecting cryo in the first place

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
No one's asking for an immediate implementation, just a word from the devs whether it would be considered or not, and in the latter case a simple justification
Hello Dante Knelly,

Devs have mentioned a couple of times their concerns regarding this "automation" features, even tho its known to obviously something that could be a QoL but could lead to many exploits, bot using, and etc. I don't think its 100% discarted but as they said multiple times, they aren't really friendly with it. :D