Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
I was looking for a thread which is about this topic, couldn't find any so I created this thread. (If I missed out a similar thread pls link it here.)

The #9 Dev Shack doesn't seem to be the right place to share ideas about Tau Ceti Part 4. Here we go guys!!

If the rumors are right that Tau Ceti is the last "classic" starsystem (Lagrange will be a singularity), then I think it deserves to be the best version of a starsystem!

In the first Dev Shack about Tau Ceti it was said that it will be similar to the Sol star system, that includes at least three different story/tech planets. Tau Ceti turnt out to have even four different story/tech planets.

Tau Ceti Part 4 update will be the final stage and I have to admit that the looting for blueprints is pretty exhausting when units drop more than one blueprint (especially deathsquad units like the abasis/ignomes/odion on earth in unrest). If I imagine now that on planet "Quatem" (my name idea for the 4th Tau Ceti planet) the loot of units will contain rare blueprints and regular blueprints, then I am upset, because one unit might contain more than one rare blueprint.
The amount of enemy types is too small to give each enemy type a unique rare blueprint or two enemy types drop the same rare blueprint (e.g. mantis hive: interceptors and minelayer drop rare aggrobeacon; rocketeers, attack turrets and harvesters drop rare rocket; assassins and harvesters drop rare blaster).
To avoid this and give more options for exploring the starsystem I had the idea to make Quatem not the only story/tech planet for the Tau Ceti Part 4 update.
Instead Tau Ceti Part 4 would become similar to the
Gemini starsystem. In Gemini you have to visit Technatoria, Prosperus and Commerce Central to gather the best regular blueprints.
I think this is a good starsystem concept which can be also used to specify rare blueprint drops on each planet. So my idea is to have
three planets for the Tau Ceti Part 4 update, I know it will be much more work to design three planets, so maybe one of the three planets could be Molikar in unrest.
This way we will know which unit will drop which rare blueprint, because
36 (38 if two new items are added again) rare items are a lot and I have no idea how many blueprint parts you will need to collect for each of them, regarding to draconis with 16 parts (exception collector 9, repairdroide 14 and afterburner 19).
Technically there is a system even between Draconis and Tau Ceti (Sirius), but without rare blueprints.

How many parts will you need to finish one rare blueprint in Tau Ceti? (@Highway @Faye @alewx @Narokath )

Last edited:

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
Balance of items/shipclasses

Engineer, Onyx Marble, Wolfhound, Hawkmoth:

Except from the Wolfhound these shipclasses are very good supporters, but as soon as they use their repairfield they turn into true NPC magnets! They get focused very hard in a NPC mass and are forced to flee from the fight with afterburner. Resulting into the gameplay on earth in unrest and calon to 80% running away from NPCs while your squadmembers have fun shooting and 20% actually shooting on NPC's.
As you know these shipclasses have low HP and focused fire lets your Deep Recurrent Protector look like a quick snack.
The aggro effect is basically the effect we would like to see on the Taunt, which I will to talk later about.
The aggro throu healing is in the game since the "effort value" update which was with the Amarna and Soris update. The healing aggro mechanic was a side effect of the XP mechanic throu healing. The design goal was to gain XP even with ally healing instead of only damage dealing, so the effort value was born.
Unfortunately the aggro of NPCs is based on your effort value instead of dealing damage or taunting enemies.
The Wolfhound generates his effort value a lot throu allies cover and repairfield turret, laying down his aggrobeacon has zero effect during combat, because he "out-values" the effort value of his own aggrobeacon. Making the aggrobeacon only usable while flying from location to location, but his squishiness makes him a bad choice.
Updating the aggro mechanic would make these shipclasses more interesting + fun to play and we would be able to use more shipclasses than only the paragneiss to sustain in big NPC fights.

Shock compared to Poenari and Marlstone - the aggrobeacon:
Doesn't matter if we look at PVE or PVP, the shock gets "out-utilitied" by both. The Marlstone has slightly more HP, but can shield himself, RIP Shock!
The Poenari can use on him or allies the protector for stun immunity and bonus HP, he also avoids damage with the Aim Scrambler.
How to balance the shock class? Guess what! Reworking the aggrobeacon will help out the Wolfhound and the shock class! When allies get hit a percentage of the damage transfers to the aggrobeacon and lowering its HP. This would make it viable for PVP. For PVE I think a second aggrobeacon charge can be useful which should generate more aggro from units, the magnet trap is currently much more attractive to NPCs than an aggrobeacon and carries more HP!

Magnet Trap:
Too much HP in PVP, PVE is okay.

Chromian Corundum:
Too much HP in PVP, enables easy protector cycling with high HP and speed acuator during every PVP against any non-perforator shipclass.
HP nerf by 20%. Flight speed nerf by 1,5%.

The Taunt:
Originally it should get the aggro on you as a tank. It has no use in PVP only a targeting, effectless visual. In PVE the aggro is "out-valued" or "out-aggroed" very easy by any damage ship class. There are a lot of ideas in the forum and people I've discussed this topic with.
We all think it should have a PVP effect and a stronger PVE effect to make the tank class viable. We all love the design of the Dominator, but no one wants to use this ship, because of the named reasons.
New mechanics could be a mix of those or one particular effect:
-reducing damage from the target in general or only on yourself for a percentage
-increasing damage to the target in general or only when you hit the target for a percentage
-the target can only attack you and you have a Taunt animation with a different colour on yourself which is only visible to the target (in PVE you will dislike the NPCs with Taunt)
Else: Who's idea was it to bring the RC-X-01 Claw into the game ?!?!

Lightning Chain combined with Aim Computer:
There are only two shipclasses with the Lightning Chain in the game - Thunderbird and Paragneiss.
Both use the Aim Computer. While this of course helps out the rocket a lot, the Lightning Chain is crying in the corner, because the active effect of the Aim Computer is not benefiting it. It will always hit seven targets in range with a fixed amount of damage. To give it some benefit I would add the effect of hitting additional targets while the Aim Computer is active.
Regular Aimcomputer: Hit one more target (7 to 8) and a 50% Chance to hit even one more target (50%: 7 to 8; 50%: 7 to 9)
Strong Aimcomputer: Hit one more target (7 to 8) and a 70% Chance to hit even one more target (30%: 7 to 8; 70%: 7 to 9)
Long Aimcomputer: Hit one more target (7 to 8) and a 40% Chance to hit even one more target (60%: 7 to 8; 40%: 7 to 9)

Materializer:
All in all it's pretty fine, but there are moments were you can't materialize a buddy, because you have no Repair Target, Repair Field or his own Repair Droid.
To take advantage of being materialized and not losing momentum, I like the idea of reseting the materialized buddy's Repair Droid or give him a damage reduction bonus of 50% for 10 second e.g.
The time to materialize with the regular and long materializer is just to high and they are irrevelant in most scenario compared to the strong materializer.

Sticky Bomb:
After 1,5 seconds delay you have up to 6 seconds to recast the Sticky Bomb again to blow it up! Which won't count as active item cooldown for other ship components which is ~1-1,5 seconds. This will give the player more control and will be more fun to play. If the target dies with the Sticky Bomb it will still explode and deal area damage.

Corruption Cloud:
It's a cloud affect right? So why not leave it on the ground after the "infected" target died?

Attack Droid:
After its HP got buffed by the factor of ~5 it managed to withstand at least 2/3 aggrobombs (e.g. Sirius Long Attack Droid on 5th ring against Horus) instead of instantly blowing up. The damage output is okay.
So why are we here? It is not really "attacking" targets, it will wait for a target to come close then wait 4-5 more seconds and eventually start shooting on that NPC or when a NPC engages you on long range the Attack Droid proves his loyalty and fight that poor NPC till death.
The Attack Droid should be more aggressive and look for more fights. If I want to leave the combat mode I just recast the Attack Droid to switch it into a defensive mode, which he is currently all the time. If I shoot at a Quarc please join me! That Dolomyte stone deserves to die for looking at me in the wrong way! (Just kidding, but you get the point haha)

Humpback:
I understand that the Damage Inverter was the reason to give it less armor, but that is just too much less armor.
Deserves at least 30% HP buff to be any option to choose from.

Finally we are at the end of my post, couldn't post everything together because the used characters extended 10000!
What are your ideas for Tau Ceti Part 4? Items? Planet designs? New NPCs?
Would you like a different ending which is influenced by your choice and resulting into different NPC behavoir or whatever?

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
In terms of the TC Items i already did make my own post so i will just leave the link to it here:
Making TC Ships "more attractive" again (Changing TC Item Effects)

Now to the actual Reply part:
Instead Tau Ceti Part 4 would become similar to the Gemini starsystem. In Gemini you have to visit Technatoria, Prosperus and Commerce Central to gather the best regular blueprints.
I think this is a good starsystem concept which can be also used to specify rare blueprint drops on each planet.
Another "special rule" in Gemini is that the highest level on all planets was 33 if i remember it correctly so that no matter on what planet you where you had an absolute max level of units and none could go higher of that level.

For TC this "train is already gone" due of increasing levels over the Planets. Normaly all Systems follow the same rule where Gold attack items are always on the final Planet so those items would be ruled out already by the lower planets (Venar, EiU and Calon) while most of the other items can be found on all other planets.

For TC i would make it simply so that the new TC Items can only drop on the planet they have been introduced and are used actively by their corrosponding unit.
Venar = LC (Strikers), CC (Corruptors) and DI (Endurers)
EiU = AC (Defenders), QL (Blinkers) and MT (Baiters)
Calon = DDroid (Hator) and Scope (Seth)

Over that way it would already solve 8 Gold BPs that could be hunted directly on the Planet they showed up the 1st time and cus i was a bit crazy i thought myself "why not make a spreadsheet to share the fun ;)
Possible Gold Table
I tried here to give every unit their "logical" Drop and aside from 2 or 3 Gold BPs i think that this should be a fine way to have all Gold BPs covered without the dreaded "double/triple" chance for 1 unit.

L3giT

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
L3giT
Rank
I agree with the taunt and the aggrobeacon, i've been saying it for a long time that the taunt literally does nothing, thus making the tank class (and some hybrids) missing an ability by default compared to the rest of the classes.

since the taunt is more present on tank classes it would make sense that, when an enemy is taunted, that enemy should deal less damage to your ship, that would make sense.

Aggrobeacon needs a buff badly, i dont have many ideas for it, but it has been heavily outclassed by the magnet trap which slows and also draws fire from enemies.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Very good suggestions and points about TC and TC4 mechanics. However, as developers said earlier, they plan to make Gold BPs special again. I wouldn't think it would be only just by power.
Coming from information by therm of dev shacks they posted during time, Rare BPs in Tau Ceti will require previous system Gold BPs. However, that's not all. Since we are talking about Ancient technology, Tau Ceti Gold BPs will require Ancient BPs from lower systems as well (all variants from Vega - Draconis). While we are considering that, they may even need Top Blue items to make it more tense, while Top Blues in TC4 may require Perceptron - Modal - DR ones (lower TC4 blues can require all lower types from planets).
That are the points for Gold Decryption.
Gold items availability:
As i suggested in the Tau Ceti 5 Planetoid idea earlier (link bellow, it's just called "Tau Ceti 5, but it comes at same time as TC4, translated as addition), Gold items availability just by hunting different kind of units inside top planet would be kind of boring. Please check detailed one to see full idea: https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/threads/tau-ceti-part-5-lost-island-planetoid.35224/
Why is it more fun to have separate planetoid made just for Gold BPs?
Because this way, players wouldn't have to do normal and boring farming of Golds like in past systems.
Planetoid would be considered as a
Treasure planet that is unlocked after TC4 missions are done. Unlocking Final treasure of Ancients after discovering their true identity? This surely would be fun. Units on that Treasure planet would be kind of "Guardians" that protect that treasure and are made to eradicate any kind of threat for that treasure.
They would have a lot of HP, mixed item types such as few Special items that can kill solo players very easy. This would require more number of players to mix their ship types (damage, tank, healing) to be able to defeat those and hunt "Treasure".
It would take time to attain special items like in every game, and since this would be Top system at the moment, taking time to hunt Golden BPs and fun to hunt and make strategy would make its role here. Since new system will take time to come out, what do you think?

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
@Rajaa

I love your idea. How many players would be needed to kill a "Guardian"?

Some servers are so lowly populated that it will be impossible for them to kill Guardians at all, if they have the same difficulty as other servers with +200 players activity.
Maybe the HP amount and damage output needs to scale with the server activity.

In terms of gameplay: This idea is based on RNG, which is an attitude related to singularities. While Tau Ceti is branded as a "classic starsystem".
Maybe your Treasure planets could appear in the next singularity.
From my pov I am open to your idea even for Tau Ceti. At the end of the day these are the decisions of the devs and I think they will stick to a classic starsystem or keep our great ideas for even further starsystems.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
I was looking for a thread which is about this topic, couldn't find any so I created this thread. (If I missed out a similar thread pls link it here.)

The #9 Dev Shack doesn't seem to be the right place to share ideas about Tau Ceti Part 4. Here we go guys!!

If the rumors are right that Tau Ceti is the last "classic" starsystem (Lagrange will be a singularity), then I think it deserves to be the best version of a starsystem!

In the first Dev Shack about Tau Ceti it was said that it will be similar to the Sol star system, that includes at least three different story/tech planets. Tau Ceti turnt out to have even four different story/tech planets.

Tau Ceti Part 4 update will be the final stage and I have to admit that the looting for blueprints is pretty exhausting when units drop more than one blueprint (especially deathsquad units like the abasis/ignomes/odion on earth in unrest). If I imagine now that on planet "Quatem" (my name idea for the 4th Tau Ceti planet) the loot of units will contain rare blueprints and regular blueprints, then I am upset, because one unit might contain more than one rare blueprint.
The amount of enemy types is too small to give each enemy type a unique rare blueprint or two enemy types drop the same rare blueprint (e.g. mantis hive: interceptors and minelayer drop rare aggrobeacon; rocketeers, attack turrets and harvesters drop rare rocket; assassins and harvesters drop rare blaster).
To avoid this and give more options for exploring the starsystem I had the idea to make Quatem not the only story/tech planet for the Tau Ceti Part 4 update.
Instead Tau Ceti Part 4 would become similar to the
Gemini starsystem. In Gemini you have to visit Technatoria, Prosperus and Commerce Central to gather the best regular blueprints.
I think this is a good starsystem concept which can be also used to specify rare blueprint drops on each planet. So my idea is to have
three planets for the Tau Ceti Part 4 update, I know it will be much more work to design three planets, so maybe one of the three planets could be Molikar in unrest.
This way we will know which unit will drop which rare blueprint, because
36 (38 if two new items are added again) rare items are a lot and I have no idea how many blueprint parts you will need to collect for each of them, regarding to draconis with 16 parts (exception collector 9, repairdroide 14 and afterburner 19).
Technically there is a system even between Draconis and Tau Ceti (Sirius), but without rare blueprints.

How many parts will you need to finish one rare blueprint in Tau Ceti? (@Highway @Faye @alewx @Narokath )
One point, if you haven't completed calon missions and would not like to be spoiled then ignore my reply. Now, you said that you would prefer 3 new planets for part 4 for rares to drop. It's more likely the devs will make a few rares to drop on venar, EiU and Calon. But at the end of part 3 the ancients claim to have located the mantis homeworld and if it really took a big effort, chances are it's in another new system, if it's in another new system then there will probably be multiple mantis planets. So I wouldn't worry whether rares will only drop on one planet.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
One point, if you haven't completed calon missions and would not like to be spoiled then ignore my reply. Now, you said that you would prefer 3 new planets for part 4 for rares to drop. It's more likely the devs will make a few rares to drop on venar, EiU and Calon. But at the end of part 3 the ancients claim to have located the mantis homeworld and if it really took a big effort, chances are it's in another new system, if it's in another new system then there will probably be multiple mantis planets. So I wouldn't worry whether rares will only drop on one planet.
the distribution of the blueprints on calon is much better than that on earth .. for example moda speed, moda taunt and moda aggrobomb.. You can't shoot them alone, especially mantis squad.
the rare blueprints should drop on the 3 tc planets. Just like for mars, moon and earth in the solar system. even if the rare blueprints drop on venar, earth or calon, we cannot use them yet, because the decryption route is missing. in my opinion, the rare blueprints should largely drop on the new planet... That would make tau ceti a good system. But why we have to decrypt calon tech with venar or earth tech? I thought we only need the sirius blueprints. I bet we need all sirius+ all tc bps to decrypt rare blueprints.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
But why we have to decrypt calon tech with venar or earth tech? I thought we only need the sirius blueprints. I bet we need all sirius+ all tc bps to decrypt rare blueprints.
I assume this decision has been made due of the situation that Pilots with the higher tech can help Pilots with the lower tech to complete the Venar/EiU (and later Calon) SM.

If Split would have left the decry requirements with the only need of having the Siri Variants it would mean Pilots cold "skip" the planets and directly go for the top stuff what eventually would then fall into the grey area of "Pushing" an account.

I´m pretty sure as others have mentioned it already that TC4 Top Blue Items will require all Siri Variants + Perc + Modal + DR tech for decry. In terms of Golds i currently hope that Split will not be as crazy and go with the requirement to have all Ancient techs unlocked and it will be only all Siri variants + Perc + Modal + DR + Top TC4 + the Previous Golds to decry the Golds otherwise the TC Golds would need to be really special if Split would require to have all Ancient tech + the previous gold BPs and not just give an increase of ~5-10% more effect of the Item.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
the distribution of the blueprints on calon is much better than that on earth .. for example moda speed, moda taunt and moda aggrobomb.. You can't shoot them alone, especially mantis squad.
the rare blueprints should drop on the 3 tc planets. Just like for mars, moon and earth in the solar system. even if the rare blueprints drop on venar, earth or calon, we cannot use them yet, because the decryption route is missing. in my opinion, the rare blueprints should largely drop on the new planet... That would make tau ceti a good system. But why we have to decrypt calon tech with venar or earth tech? I thought we only need the sirius blueprints. I bet we need all sirius+ all tc bps to decrypt rare blueprints.
Pa
I assume this decision has been made due of the situation that Pilots with the higher tech can help Pilots with the lower tech to complete the Venar/EiU (and later Calon) SM.

If Split would have left the decry requirements with the only need of having the Siri Variants it would mean Pilots cold "skip" the planets and directly go for the top stuff what eventually would then fall into the grey area of "Pushing" an account.

I´m pretty sure as others have mentioned it already that TC4 Top Blue Items will require all Siri Variants + Perc + Modal + DR tech for decry. In terms of Golds i currently hope that Split will not be as crazy and go with the requirement to have all Ancient techs unlocked and it will be only all Siri variants + Perc + Modal + DR + Top TC4 + the Previous Golds to decry the Golds otherwise the TC Golds would need to be really special if Split would require to have all Ancient tech + the previous gold BPs and not just give an increase of ~5-10% more effect of the Item.
If that is true that we need all siri bps + venar + earth + calon + part4 tech to unlock the rare ones then this is the biggest force to search for bps we dont really need. Humpback storymission was also a force it still is, storymission "core wants'' was also a hidden force. There was no way to make this mission without the black slate or panther. And We always skipped blueprints for rares or at least best blue in other system. Exception sirius and tau ceti. There is way more to discuss - ..

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
If that is true that we need all siri bps + venar + earth + calon + part4 tech to unlock the rare ones then this is the biggest force to search for bps we dont really need. Humpback storymission was also a force it still is, storymission "core wants'' was also a hidden force. There was no way to make this mission without the black slate or panther. And We always skipped blueprints for rares or at least best blue in other system. Exception sirius and tau ceti. There is way more to discuss - ..
I think i forgot to put the small word "top" before each planet in terms of the gold decry requirements cus it´s well known that all "non top BPs" are just for the collectathon achive lol

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
I agree with the taunt and the aggrobeacon, i've been saying it for a long time that the taunt literally does nothing, thus making the tank class (and some hybrids) missing an ability by default compared to the rest of the classes.

since the taunt is more present on tank classes it would make sense that, when an enemy is taunted, that enemy should deal less damage to your ship, that would make sense.

Aggrobeacon needs a buff badly, i dont have many ideas for it, but it has been heavily outclassed by the magnet trap which slows and also draws fire from enemies.
Good idea,but clouds already have function to debuff damage.
Maybe taunt should increase damage or decrease enemy acc.

Aggrobeacon now is so bad when we have magnet trap.
Maybe need add for aggrobeacon that when you activate the enemy is forced to aim at her for 5sec.
It be automaticaly take target from others to aggro,after 5sec you can again controle on you weapons.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
@Rajaa

I love your idea. How many players would be needed to kill a "Guardian"?

Some servers are so lowly populated that it will be impossible for them to kill Guardians at all, if they have the same difficulty as other servers with +200 players activity.
Maybe the HP amount and damage output needs to scale with the server activity.

In terms of gameplay: This idea is based on RNG, which is an attitude related to singularities. While Tau Ceti is branded as a "classic starsystem".
Maybe your Treasure planets could appear in the next singularity.
From my pov I am open to your idea even for Tau Ceti. At the end of the day these are the decisions of the devs and I think they will stick to a classic starsystem or keep our great ideas for even further starsystems.
Not more than one squadron, cause it's combination of ships that would make it well done. Engineer, tank and stunner let's say, cause damage dealer can be included anytime. If one person ab's away, tank keeps or healer runs as well, for tank to take aggro, and then they both come back and keep going watching on that Guardian's special items. It will wield multiple strong items to make it harder but more satisfying to kill.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I like that idea to rework these 3 items..😁
but do developers like that too?🤔

Sopor

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sopor Aeternus
Rank
Clan
NoMansClan
Great ideas for TC but.... I'm not ok with TC being the last star system.
Leaving Sirius to get one star system followed by a singularity again, that's heavy.
I'd like to see at least 3 star systems after Sirius followed by a singularity or even a twin singularity.
We have six systems before Sirius, so yea, i'd like to see more after TC :)

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Great ideas for TC but.... I'm not ok with TC being the last star system.
Leaving Sirius to get one star system followed by a singularity again, that's heavy.
I'd like to see at least 3 star systems after Sirius followed by a singularity or even a twin singularity.
We have six systems before Sirius, so yea, i'd like to see more after TC :)
It is not confirmed that another singularity will come after TC, these are all rumors. + TC is not finished and the story missions tells us what Sirius really is. A prison or the hiding place of the Ancients. All the Mantis, all the Imperial and Pirate units followed the Ancients into the Wormhole. Why they do that? Quite Simply, to capture their technology and control or wipe out the Ancients. That would explain the eventual attack on Earth, which failed and the Mantis used the Ancient Pillar for themselves so that we could not find Calon. That plan also failed. We found their Homeworld. We won this battle. ☝

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I think some players who are in Tau Ceti will agree with me. We have a huge problem. Armor balance is not given at all and the prototype ships do not have 20% more armor. As an example of the ne0n Kodiak and Parsec Storm, according to Fission they both have exactly the same armor.

ne0n Kodiak 6.666HP
Parsec Storm 6.666HP

But the Kodiak has much power armor, almost like Paragneiss, Hawkmoth or Panther.

Next Problem: what happened to the imperator? I see from old players that they have the strong repair in sirius, to my knowledge the imperator had identical armor as the dominator.

What I really think and that sounds crazy now. What if the ancient armor was weakened, so that we are not too strong in Tau Ceti? Isn't it a shame that the armor from sirius system is taken away from us? We farm for hours, even buy boosters only for a ship that has been weakened from sirius. The greatest example is simply the Imperator

We need armor adjustments for sirius and especially for Tau ceti 20% Protoype armor. Some ne0n candidates have more armor than Parsec ships, I don't think it makes sense to spend 6.2 million cryo.

I really dont understand that, Prototype ships are in low star system strong and armor like a rock. By the way i did some armor tests with Sol X-Sniper and Parsec Sol Storm. Parsec has 10% more armor.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
I think some players who are in Tau Ceti will agree with me. We have a huge problem. Armor balance is not given at all and the prototype ships do not have 20% more armor. As an example of the ne0n Kodiak and Parsec Storm, according to Fission they both have exactly the same armor.

ne0n Kodiak 6.666HP
Parsec Storm 6.666HP

But the Kodiak has much power armor, almost like Paragneiss, Hawkmoth or Panther.
That comparison (+20% for prototypes/+25% for rares) only stands when you compare ships of the same class. Alas, in Tau Ceti as in Sirius, there are no "classic" blue ships to compare prototypes to, so this is pointless. The way you are doing it, i could also look at humpback, and say "prototypes are too strong, paragneiss has 60% more HP than the humpack" or go back to draconis and say "dominator has wayyyy more than 20% bonus compared to metha shock" ;)
Next Problem: what happened to the imperator? I see from old players that they have the strong repair in sirius, to my knowledge the imperator had identical armor as the dominator.
That was changed something like 4 years ago. Emperor had been created way too strong, and has been properly balanced to have less HP than a parsec with the 1rst or 2nd dev shack, which is coherent with Fission's thread you mentionned earlier.

We need armor adjustments for sirius and especially for Tau ceti 20% Protoype armor. Some ne0n candidates have more armor than Parsec ships, I don't think it makes sense to spend 6.2 million cryo.
On mizar, the easter tank has more HP than any mizar prototype as well. That does not make it op, nor better than most of them, nor unworthy of their price. Same happens in Tau Ceti.

I really dont understand that, Prototype ships are in low star system strong and armor like a rock. By the way i did some armor tests with Sol X-Sniper and Parsec Sol Storm. Parsec has 10% more armor.
Of course. Sniper class is way weaker HP-wise than storm class. But that doesn't prove anything about +20% parsec armor working or not within the same class. If you compare the Stam-X sniper to the Disruptor, you will find that the Stam-X has more HP. And don't worry, the stam-x is still considered way stronger than the Parsec despite having less armor.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank

ne0n Kodiak 6.666HP
Parsec Storm 6.666HP
As already mentioned this is like trying to compare apples to pears. You can´t compare the "base class ships" with something that hasn´t any real class at all or is a mix of 2 or more classes.

You can´t even compare Siri ships with any ship as well due they have those mixed setups. Aside from that the Armors just show "how much dmg the ships can take" but that isn´t translated in their performance/setup cus this is more what decides if a ship is "good or bad" imo.

I didn´t really follow the change of the Emp armors and stuff but it´s a phenomenon you see in many games if the "Balance hammer strikes". Due a lot of Pilots only used the Emp for nearly anything there was a point where "balancing" was required to bring pilots to use other ships again as well.

What I really think and that sounds crazy now. What if the ancient armor was weakened, so that we are not too strong in Tau Ceti? Isn't it a shame that the armor from sirius system is taken away from us? We farm for hours, even buy boosters only for a ship that has been weakened from sirius. The greatest example is simply the Imperator
For me the Siri armor feels weakened as well considering that some hits feel "way stronger" then before.

As mentioned before: trying to compare apples to pears

The Sol Sniper was a big exception of the whole Sniper series and is the strongest Sol Ship due of it´s rare Bonus while with Drac the Sniper "showed his true armor". When Sol came out the Sol Sniper was basicly the "counter to any Parsec" ship due of it´s supreme power in that System.