What's new

Wraith of The Dark Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Lord

Reaction score
After the fall of the Imperials in Sol, and the failure of the mantis to reclaim the system, United Human Federations was created to maintain order and govern the human colonies. UHF, as called for short, based it's Headquarters in Earth, a planet which offered high security due to the moon being near. UHF, consisting of mostly ex-rebels and colonials, considered itself victorious from the war. Several missions were sent to reset the trading routes between Sol and the colonies, as well as to explore other systems.

After the death of the Emperor and the destruction of his royal palace, an unknown astrogation chip was found in his castle ruins, among many other classified documents and a part of the legendary ancient artifact. The scientists calculated that the chip would lead to a far away system, which they called Draconis. An exploration mission was assigned to a squad of 5 members, but the mission was canceled due to the second mantis attack on Sol, resulting in the defeat of the UHF.

However, what many people don't know is that a group of explorers were sent to Draconis way before the above events, as soon as UHF got the chip on their hands. The mission was classified, and its logs are kept secret. Soon after the defeat of the UHF, and the destruction of Earth, the logs were found by a group of Smugglers and they were sent to the Pirate Leader of that sector.

Mission Log:
Pilot's name:Captain Adrian Wackrow
Date: 3052 AD, September 8th, 12:30 standard.

My name is Adrian Wackrow. Yesterday I was called by the High Command of UHF, in their headquarters in Earth. They assigned me a mission, the objectives of which would be kept secret to a certain point. I was introduced to my squad of 5 members including me. We were given 3 days to prepare. The mission would be officially launched September 11th, standard. I was not to tell anyone, not even my wife and kids. They also gave me a new ship, with an upgraded deluvian armor. The high command made it clear that the mission was very dangerous, but it was very important. I agreed to participate being aware of what I was doing.

Mission Log:
Pilot's Name:Captain Adrian Wackrow
Date: 3052 AD, September 11th, 19:20 standard

We were transported to what was once the Sayaron Starbase. Our ships were prototypes, they were not to be seen by public eye. We entered the hangar, where the ships were docked. They were upgraded STAM S models, much smaller and seemingly much maneuverable. As we entered the ships, the High Command revealed the objectives. The exploration would take place in a system called Draconis, an astrogation chip was placed in my ship for Stargate access. We were to launch immediately.

Mission Log:
Date: 3052 AD, September 11th, 20:00 standard

After 40 minutes of flight, we are now in front of the Stargate. The High Command is giving us the latest information and objectives. During the flight, we were provided with information about Draconis, like the Star's color, distance, the planets etc. We are preparing for hyperjump. The Stargate seems to react to the astrogation chip. The scientists say its ready, we are about to go through. Contact with High Command might be lost.

Mission Log:
Date: ??, ?? ??, ??:confused:? standard

Something weird just happened. We just got out of the stargate, but there is no stargate here. There is nothing here, only empty space. There is no star, no planets, simply nothing...Contact with High Command is lost...The radar is going crazy here, the autopilot doesn't want to turn on. The date cannot be found. There is something weird going on here. Fortunately, I can still contact my wingmen, they say they have the same problems...It seems we are stuck here as there is no stargate to go back...There is simply nothing here, even the stars are rare...

Mission Log:

The digital clock does not work, but my mechanical clock tells that we have about 2 hours here. Every attempt to communicate with High Command has failed. we have moved a bit around, but there is nothing out there. Fortunately we've got a lot of energy and food, but we see no light out of the tunnel, there is simply no way of getting back home...
I have been thinking a lot these past two hours...I wish I could meet my wife and my children once again...I feel so lonely here, all alone in the darkness of the space. I always thought I would die fighting the imperials, but now...I wish I never accepted this mission

Mission Log:

Oh My God!!! There is something inside the ship!!! Oh God, this is creepy!!!... I better go get my gun, there is something moving in the room next to the cockpit!!! I can hear steps...Slow deathly steps...they are approaching...Oh my God!!! Help me...What could this thing be?... How did it get inside my ship? The steps are coming closer!!! This is so scary...Oh God, I see a shadow in there...its the shadow of a man!!! Its getting bigger and bigger...YOU!!! FREEZE!!! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU???
I can't believe I'm still speaking. I must be doing it because I'm scared to hell...The...the thing...he is standing in...front of me...He is not moving...He seems to have the body of a man...Guys please...if you hear this...please come help me...Please...Guys...
He is definitely...not a human...He may have human body but he is not a human...His eyes...His eyes are dark, completely black...yet they are glowing...He is not wearing a mask, but I can't see his face, only his eyes...I can't describe this...this is beyond my perception...
He had been here for like 2 minutes...and he is not doing anything except starring at me...I keep my gun aimed at him...
Oh my God...He is moving...Please guys, help please...I need help...He is saying something...I cannot understand...he is not speaking our language...he is trying to say something...of my God!!!...He is...he is very angry...Please stop moving...please, otherwise I'll shoot you!!!...HEEEEELP, Guys, HHH_________
WHAAAAAAA_________________ (blaster fire)

At the end of the recording, the voice of Captain Wackrow disappeared, this was heard instead:
''HUMANS...YOU WILL FACE MY REVENGE...SOON OR LATE.'' (A voice similar to that of Darth Vader)

His wingmen boarded Wackrow's ship. No one was found inside...No body, no signs of battle, no signs of violence...Nothing...It was like nothing happened in that ship. The wingmen retrieved the mission logs and prepared to leave, as they were getting to their transport ships in the hangar, the ship shook so much that they were all knocked off. As they got up, one of them took a look outside the window...He spotted a star... It was the Sun, the star of Sol system.

Wackrow's ship was now in sol, together with his wingmen inside. Their ships, though, were still in that weird place, but the wingmen decided to return to UHF headquarters. As they started to fly Wackrow's ship towards The Earth, they contacted UHF. To their surprise, UHF claimed that they had been out for only 2 MINUTES!!! The wingmen realized that something weird had happened...The mission logs were confiscated by UHF and were never seen again until their defeat. Adrian Wackrow was never heard of again...

Directly after that, UHF organized another mission to Draconis, which was aborted because of the mantis attack. However, no one ever understood what happened those 2 minutes which lasted 2 hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.