What's new

When and how did Lord Fam Doom die again?

Golvan

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Golvan
Rank
Clan
Solar Guardians
I forgot when or how he died or even whether or not he died at all, It's just been so long since I've seen the guy in an sm.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello @Golvan ,

He isnt dead, he was captured on the last big sol mission called "Fam Doom's Arrival", after that, he was sent as a prisioner to Carl Sagan and he remains there as a source of information.

Golvan

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Golvan
Rank
Clan
Solar Guardians
@Fission I see

Not even a single mantis came to save the poor little bastard from his cage.
It seems that vicious had special treatment and was able to escape and do his little antics again.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Well, Lord Van Doom is actually way more important historically than Vicious and vicious is literally one of his workers. Van Doom is the right hand of the queen, but after the escape from Vicious on Carl Sagan, the security there got really serious ^^

Golvan

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Golvan
Rank
Clan
Solar Guardians
@Fission

It does make a lot of sense now.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Ironically since the interogation about the Neptunes Bliss recipe there was no other (active) attempt of the Mantis to free Vam Doom hence the fact that a few other missions play on Terasa and even have Mantis waves that are more concerned about us then him.

However i personally guess that with TC4 we may see a return of Vam Doom with all the things going on since TC2´s release and the invasion stuff. Either it will give an active mission on Terasa ala "The Mantis are attacking the lab and prision" where Vam Doom manages it to escape or it will be an "While we are doing something else on another planet Vam Doom gets free".

Vicious however was more victim of "pure rage and evenge" cus the original plan was to capture him but if my memory serves correctly Morbod did shot his pod and killed him instead while the Queen was an active target that should be killed but as it turned out did not really stop the Mantis cus the Hive is only some sort of Mobile Dreadnought/Battleship with the ability to suck a planets life out of it.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Vicious is dead and the Queen was angry and desperate to kill us and she did tell us that she must live, so that the universe can exist. and that the true enemy are the methanoids. the queen is disabled for now she can't be killed off, since there are to much energy on the hive ship, even after the connection is not fluently to gazica.

"draconis is a minor colony for the methanoids"

i think she meant sirius and vénar, we've got there methanoids and pirates. they work together and more on calon. we've got no information about the ne0n ships, but i think they use zeropoint tech like they did before on sirius with the first techs.

thats could possible explain the "0" in ne0n

it is a pirate ship, but the bigger picture is the methanoids have hand here too.

ancients seems not to use these types of ships.

since the ancients are artificial intelligence the techs says it all - symbolic - neuronal net - these are high complex information that we dont know yet.

anyway. i hope we will see the queen again 😬

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Well this drifts now more into theorycrafting but if Draconis is just a "minor colony" why does it have then this huge wreck of their battle ship that we can use as hangar? I mean a minor colony would not need such serious defense if it is "not that important" for them so something bigger might be at play behind the curtain. In the end don´t forget that Methas seem to have a habbit of not showing directly their motives and prefer backstabing as a first option to use :unsure:.

The queen however shows the typical signs of what happens to someone that is all high and mighty but starts to notice that the defeat is inevitable by even offering us to take us in her ranks with high positions (long time since i last fought her but i vaguely remind it so) what is more pleading for her live.

Another theroy could also just be that the "Queen at the Hive" was only linked by bigger system and is just remotely controlled from their homeworld so that she still is alive over that way.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Well this drifts now more into theorycrafting but if Draconis is just a "minor colony" why does it have then this huge wreck of their battle ship that we can use as hangar? I mean a minor colony would not need such serious defense if it is "not that important" for them so something bigger might be at play behind the curtain. In the end don´t forget that Methas seem to have a habbit of not showing directly their motives and prefer backstabing as a first option to use :unsure:.

The queen however shows the typical signs of what happens to someone that is all high and mighty but starts to notice that the defeat is inevitable by even offering us to take us in her ranks with high positions (long time since i last fought her but i vaguely remind it so) what is more pleading for her live.

Another theroy could also just be that the "Queen at the Hive" was only linked by bigger system and is just remotely controlled from their homeworld so that she still is alive over that way.
'draconis is a minor colony for the methanoids'
the queen said this in the last sm on hive.

vénar is also an methanoid colony, but with forbiden ancient structur and energy nodes. methanoids reject to use ancient energy on vénar, that was a huge problem back then, worse to come in calon with the meth. intelligence units

sirius is also full with methanoids. they were sent there as a guinea pig now they want revenge and this explains why they work together with the pirates aka barossa.

one thing don't make sense. queen dydrana said that there is an methanoid swarm. we never seen that, only mantis swarm.

the mantis do the same on vénar and mostly on calon as they did on valkion and gazica but in a different way. they have managed to decode the energynodes so that they get the ancient power and their informations aka data blocks.

the result was that the mantis swarm was fully powered with ancient tech and he had everything to kill anything. the next problem here was that the ancients didnt seen him as the enemies, because he is using high amount of their power.

puhh too much writing😅