What's next for Pirate Galaxy

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
Hello, I have a few questions for the creators what's next with the game after the dino storm update if anything will happen after defeating the queen praying mantis will this be the end of the game or will a new star system with a new race and new opponents be added someday I would like to ask about a few changes:
1. adding the option of playing in an alliance joining a conquest in the game or adding some bonus in the alliance to give some 5% bonuses to the collected cryonite
2.it used to be said that after the completion of the tau ceti system there will be parsec ships with items from the tau ceti system because we still get rdx ships
3.sentry its drop is very heavy or has the ship drop drop been reduced too much I forgot why he doesn't have an achievement added for defeating him
4.it used to be said about a player controlled invasion will someday something like this be introduced or implemented in the server that it will activate
5.my next query is the possibility of adding some weekend boosters to encourage players to play during the weekend
I really like this game, I've been playing with it for 7 years and I would like the game to still be alive, greetings to all :)

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Hello, I have a few questions for the creators what's next with the game after the dino storm update if anything will happen after defeating the queen praying mantis will this be the end of the game or will a new star system with a new race and new opponents be added someday I would like to ask about a few changes:
1. adding the option of playing in an alliance joining a conquest in the game or adding some bonus in the alliance to give some 5% bonuses to the collected cryonite
2.it used to be said that after the completion of the tau ceti system there will be parsec ships with items from the tau ceti system because we still get rdx ships
3.sentry its drop is very heavy or has the ship drop drop been reduced too much I forgot why he doesn't have an achievement added for defeating him
4.it used to be said about a player controlled invasion will someday something like this be introduced or implemented in the server that it will activate
5.my next query is the possibility of adding some weekend boosters to encourage players to play during the weekend
I really like this game, I've been playing with it for 7 years and I would like the game to still be alive, greetings to all :)
A very important question contains an important answer for the further development of Splitscreen Studios and not only Pirate Galaxy. Knowing the state of affairs just for our peace of mind is also important here.

I always had the idea of how to continue after tau ceti is finished when the Ancients leave us, one of the strongest allies we ever had.

I always liked the idea of using the wormholes as time tunnels to see the whole Ancient story of what happened to Aurora and what happened to Desai.

The Vega and Gemini staraystem could be incomplete in that case, or host planets we don't know about could appear that were destroyed in the current time period.

Likewise, Tau Ceti could be seen in full glory before it was divided with the forces of the Artifact and the Ancients' Stargate was hidden. In this case, Tau Ceti would probably be as large as the Sol system. I can't think of any other explanation why the Artifacts were distributed exactly in the 6 starsystems except Tau Ceti.

One thing makes sense, when the artifacts were scattered the Mantis had to secure the artifacts so that no one would notice that Tau Ceti was split in two and the stargate was hidden. No nav-chip, no other information. Someone did a replacement Stargate for Tau Ceti.

Would love the see some time travel for this game, but another singularity would be nice too.

Sry too much writing 😁

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
Just my personal opinion, don't take it as a ''should be done'' but, probably this question has not crossed through your mind

Do we really need more content?
How fast can we burn through content and how long do they take to make it?
Perhaps we need a different approach, perhaps we could focus on upgrading and solving our current issues instead of thinking about future content that can be rushed in 1 week (by ourselves as players, and the only solution to that is another RNG factor which at least in Aurora is heavily despised by most of the old players, it happens with new people as well, they start to hate it immediately once they understand how it works)

Once again, they are just a few quick questions for you to think about.

Because, lets be honest, the game is already a Closed Community, new players are really rare, and it already takes a really long time for them to reach the point most of us have reached, so, instead of getting the endgame players new content, why don't we make it a little bit more enjoyable for the playerbase overall? and i'm talking about Aurora because is the only server i know about, but there's a few players who do enjoy the game and are ''new'', but they are stuck in Sirius phase and nobody wants nothing to do with them in PvP, so they have to stay behind and keep grinding, because they stand no chance in OTB's/Colossus for example.

The only infinite aspect of the game that keeps and prevent maxed players from leaving and just playing any 2023 Spaceship MMO is currently the PVP aspect, and new players cannot venture into that without insane amounts of grinding first to be able to enjoy the only thing that this game has to offer today for most of us.

Last edited:

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
The idea of another singularity makes my insides twist, quite disgusted Sirius left me

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
The idea of another singularity makes my insides twist, quite disgusted Sirius left me
the sirius singularity was probably the last drop of hope for pg, without this system we would not be where we are now..

it would be interesting to see a singularity leading to different star systems as a space bridge, or between systems of draconis and tau ceti, or outside the oort cloud. && possible new species of the known alien rase ,,mantis'' named after the planets on the oort system.

&& the goal would be to travel from the sirius/draconis wormhole to other unknown star systems to complete the storyline of the ancients and methanoids. they could also include a space station, like an ancient hangar or so where all the ancient ships are made, i actually thought this is what @Highway meant in the livestream when he said there is a place that is considered a surprise.

&& it would be interesting to include a 6th ring in the sirius singularity to add more ancient variants to the blueprints e.g. mizar ancient lightning chain, sol ancient minelayer etc. the enemy levels could be level 88.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Maybe a new or side storyline following smugglers, methanoids or freedom fighters on recycled maps as they did with Earth (in unrest), instantiating almost forgotten planets like Axiom.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Maybe a new or side storyline following smugglers, methanoids or freedom fighters on recycled maps as they did with Earth (in unrest), instantiating almost forgotten planets like Axiom.
Yes, Axiom before it was a lava planet or Aurora before the ice time. So much content could be implemented

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
I think Axiom always was a lava planet and Aurora an ice. There were not terraformed by Mantis like Baumar. Anyway I was not thinking in prequels but new stories after the Mantis War.

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
I also think that they should change the game engine for a better one, it limits the creators I have a good computer but all of a sudden like erebos or other planets in tau ceti I had fps drops and game smoothness it shouldn't happen it's not the players' fault that the mission failed just the games

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I also think that they should change the game engine for a better one, it limits the creators I have a good computer but all of a sudden like erebos or other planets in tau ceti I had fps drops and game smoothness it shouldn't happen it's not the players' fault that the mission failed just the games
Did you follow KSP development, what a hell of a task it was for them to just update within the same engine to a newer version? or EVE Online when they updated major parts, that are tasks that take up years for dedicated teams bigger than whole Splitscreen.

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
I know a lot of work needs to be put into it but I think it would benefit this game because I like it a lot
I have a question if this zulu 32 bit version it would be possible to add a 64 bit version ?

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I think Axiom always was a lava planet and Aurora an ice. There were not terraformed by Mantis like Baumar. Anyway I was not thinking in prequels but new stories after the Mantis War.
Why not both? We had to much Ka-boom in Tau Ceti need so calm research 😁

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Did you follow KSP development, what a hell of a task it was for them to just update within the same engine to a newer version? or EVE Online when they updated major parts, that are tasks that take up years for dedicated teams bigger than whole Splitscreen.
I do not want to denigrate the work of Splitscreen on the contrary even the work is good, but the lack of the team is an internal problem projected from external problems of the players /new stuff /new star systems/ incomplete or late releases e.g. armene reactor was introduced about 8 years ago as lost hangar concept.

If the players leave the game, it certainly applies to the development team as well.

If we want to play this game for another 10 years something must be changed for good.

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I know a lot of work needs to be put into it but I think it would benefit this game because I like it a lot
I have a question if this zulu 32 bit version it would be possible to add a 64 bit version ?
I know from past that there were really severe issues with 64bit version that is why it is not available, but do not ask me further i'm really not that deep in it.
I do not want to denigrate the work of Splitscreen on the contrary even the work is good, but the lack of the team is an internal problem projected from external problems of the players /new stuff /new star systems/ incomplete or late releases e.g. armene reactor was introduced about 8 years ago as lost hangar concept.

If the players leave the game, it certainly applies to the development team as well.

If we want to play this game for another 10 years something must be changed for good.
Chicken and Egg?

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Taking advantage of the fact that a dev is attentive to the thread, I would like to ask, leaving aside the pending updates that according to the dev shack from years ago remain pvp part 2 and controlled invasions

The game currently has a serious activity problem on almost all servers, this can be seen here

The problem is critical, the activity on some servers becomes so low that there is not even OTB since the minimum required is 5v5, the planets and chats spend most of the time without activity, what do the devs have in mind to solve this very serious problem? since it not only represents a problem for the community of the server in question, people call people, if there aren't any, eventually they all leave due to loneliness, and on the company side, it also represents an expense in maintaining those servers, which, I don't know about the company's accounting, but probably the profit margin in relation to the maintenance cost of being minimal

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Taking advantage of the fact that a dev is attentive to the thread, I would like to ask, leaving aside the pending updates that according to the dev shack from years ago remain pvp part 2 and controlled invasions

The game currently has a serious activity problem on almost all servers, this can be seen here

The problem is critical, the activity on some servers becomes so low that there is not even OTB since the minimum required is 5v5, the planets and chats spend most of the time without activity, what do the devs have in mind to solve this very serious problem? since it not only represents a problem for the community of the server in question, people call people, if there aren't any, eventually they all leave due to loneliness, and on the company side, it also represents an expense in maintaining those servers, which, I don't know about the company's accounting, but probably the profit margin in relation to the maintenance cost of being minimal
Beeing just Designer and not in charge of Planning, Accounting nor Management, I have simply no answer for this.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
[...] on the company side, it also represents an expense in maintaining those servers, which, I don't know about the company's accounting, but probably the profit margin in relation to the maintenance cost of being minimal
Well i can only make assumptions but i think if it would not make enough profit Split would have shut down the game and servers already years ago.

I mean even if we would assume that from all the players that do play actively only 50% spend money on a monthly basis to keep boosters alive it seems still to make enough money to give the devs a reason to keep their games up.

Of course only Split itself has the numbers in terms of income vs expenses but as long as they still make (enough) + at the end of the month they have no reason to end the game or servers.

Anyways take my pov with a grain of salt but i think the main issue PG has is that it gives basically no real reason to continue playing once you have beaten it (fun fact i still haven´t completed the 1st mission of TC4) and basically since now 1 year i still take a break from PG.

If i will return if the story should continue is currently a question even i couldn´t answer as from my perspective PG has not really anything to offer once the story is beaten aside from farming more cryos. Maybe it is just me but it feels a bit that PG lost its charm during the transition from from Drac over Siri to TC. This may be related to the time it took until the story continued or the factor that with TC the difficulty of missions is artifically increased by having ludicrous fail conditions even in a squad (main gripe 1 pilot pods or leaves the mission area for a short moment = mission fails while the others still alive or in the mission area).

Player driven invasions maybe will bring a few players back but then the question is for how long will it last if in the end no real endgame contend is there to keep you interested at all?

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
I've done all the missions on erebos and I already have most of the plans from the game and I've lost the desire to play I don't have much to do

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
in my opinion, for people who have everything, it's worth at least some new ships in the event because every year it's the same as a large part of players have all ships and possibly those who have nothing

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
in my opinion, for people who have everything, it's worth at least some new ships in the event because every year it's the same as a large part of players have all ships and possibly those who have nothing
I always wanted new AnIn ships for the game.. Erebos easter ship was a disappointment.. What should we do with a sol x tank?

I ask the question, is it good for the developers if the players spend 200k on a new ship or 9million?

9Million as a goal is stacked with cryo booster etc so that not much of the savings goes away or is the hope so great that 2 parts for a ship what in the construction cost about 100-200k? Since an expensive ship with more parts would make more sense for both sides.