What's new

Veterans impressions on changes

LivlyGhost

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a veteran player, from 2009 up untill 2016...

Is fun to come back once in a while and check out what they are changing :D
Good to se activity is up on the devs side :)
Sad to see dough, big clans from the passed with almost no players or full mayor clans with players with no activity behind their name :sneaky:

Changing drones on my BG was a pain, I kept doing it wrong as I was impatient to try out the new stuff :(

My views so far killing something in Sirius and 1 Giza, I was surprized to see:

- Mines are laughable, they explode under Giza like a bomb... Must been a good surprize for the tank players going in for the mine kill bomb drop and have the Giza mines in their faces :D

- Somehow my sirius strong protector went all soft and with the cooldown of a strong one...
Checked the change log as I was wondering why the red line prolongs my cooldown, no idea ?
Checked the change log as I was wondering why my protector was all off, seems they changed behaviour and then the name... They call that a minor change and a rebalance LOL
I installed the strong one as it hat a good hit ratio, seems to have lost that and gained cooldown :(

- Giza was shooting straight through my normal sirius scrambler like it was not even there... In fact I had the idea it was hitting me more with rockets and blasters with scrambler on then it was wit scrambler off...
Sirius scrambler is now sirius magnet LOL

- Somehow my m8 I was helping was running 2 times away in a Dominator, seems they did a minor name change on his scrambler & shield to ... (also a veteran player witha full sirius max armored dominator).

- Graphic view is retro, is fun :) Probably done to cope with Tau Ceti ^^

But most... With all possible change the devs can do to pimp up the game for all players, they are only making this game more and more hard to come by. FOR ME.. The thought arrized how fair the new players ? Are they coping in this new "balance"... I hope somebody is helping them :)

At my work place we have a name for this changing of surrounding but not the problems:
- Working at a kindergarden: "where colouring is the most important change you'lle gonna see" LOL

- Killing Giza was harder, not hard but harder, then usual when I killed it multiple times solo...

For now is fun to log in 10 minutes then wonder off in thought how great it all was and press ALT+F4 and go do something usefull elsewhere :)

I realy hope to see Tau Ceti in action very soon, so I can start investing more time in pirate galaxy again !
Keep up the change, I might like it in the future, or not...

Good luck & have fun all !

compgeek1

Reaction score
I agree that things have completely have changed from when I was beginner pilot in 2012, I appreciated the update where we have loadouts instead of having to buy whole ships completely all over again. However, I appreciate the fact that now we have to work level for level, but at the same time its unfair for the new update when it was already hard to do things solo and nearly die, now your cealing our fate for when we want to do missions on our own due to no one online or able to help, so now we in the end are still suffering.

I understand making us use tech and ships level for level based on mission, even helped us out by telling us what is considered a certain level now without even clicking on it, but the HP of enemy units and of players is strictly unfair compared to the damage the enemy units do to us then we actually do to them.