What's new

The Traitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardkirby

Reaction score
So, here is my attempt at a Fanfic. I'll do the best I can, bear with me. ;)

My name is Hardkirby. I am an Antares colonist, part of a small colony set up as an attempt to create a human establishment on Lustra. I never liked the idea, to be honest, as you always wake up to be blinded by glittering crystals and rocks that glow in the bath of sunlight. It's also quite hot here, the shield doesn't filter temperature well, either. There's also the constant threat of mantis being right around the corner. They're mainly sentinels, but we see custodians fly by every now and then. There's also the problem of a few pilots feeling carefree and killing them now and then, which one of these days is either going to lead a mantis to our home or get a pilot killed. But life is life.
All I own is a small Antares Industries Colonial Jet, gifted to me by Antares command to help defend our colony from the mantis – or worse, the imperials, though I'm not sure what a small ship with Antares technology could do against an imperial of any sort. The only person with a good ship is simply referred to as “The G”. He owns a Gemini storm that is fully outfitted with Antares technology. It's a lonely life, I wouldn't call much of it living. I'd call it surviving.
But alas, that is but life. If only I knew the struggles I'd face, the deaths that I would witness, and the ever growing stress that would rest on my shoulders, I would have never come here. But now, on July 17, 2514 on the Antares calender, my life would change. This is what happened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! Ugh...6:30 already? I want to sleep later...just a bit later... BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! I reached out my hand and hit my alarm aimlessly in a stubborn attempt to hit the snooze button, which I conveniently placed away from me, to prevent myself from sleeping in. Fine, I'll just ignore it. Apparently the clock wasn't fond of my ideas. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! “Ugh...Alright! Alright! I'll get up!” BEEP! BEEP! BE- I thrust the switch to the off position and stood up slowly, yawning all through it. I slowly got dressed and pressed the awake switch, which sends a signal to the leaders of our colony stating that we're awake and ready for work. I slowly pulled a bowl out from my cupboard and pulled out a box of Antares Oaks and started to pour it into the bowl. I just pulled out the milk and started to pour, when...
BEEP! BEEP! “Hello? Hardkirby?” The sudden message surprised me, and I spilled the milk everywhere. I groaned, grabbed a cloth and started to wipe up the mess. “Hardkirby, I have an important message for you.”
“Hardkirby here, what is it?” His voice sounded grainy through the communication unit, but I could tell he was young. Probably a messenger.
“The G wants to take you and Leonov on a hunting trip. He expects you at hangar three at 0700 hours. If I were you, I wouldn't be late.” The G wanted to hunt with me? The G rarely hunted with anyone, this was amazing! I quickly put my cereal bowl in the sink, threw on my jacket, and ran out the door. I had to run back because I forgot my keys to my ship. I found out they help, you know what I mean? The trip to hangar three wasn't a long one, as I live next to hangar 1. It took me about a minute to get there, and when I did, I burst through the doors so fast that I tripped on a stray pipe and landed face first in a pile of scrap parts. Good way to start the day, isn't it?
“So you came, Hardkirby? As I expected.” A small human figure approached me, entirely veiled in a dark cloak. “You seem like the eager type. Good, I hope you will use this eagerness to learn, and not to rush into a fight that you will lose.”
I slowly got to my feet and stood next to him. “So I hear we are going hunting?” Had to act natural...
“Your hearing seems to be working fine.” He emphasized each word he spoke, and he said it very slow. It made you think of someone with lots of knowledge. Either that, or Darth Vader.
“Where are we hunting? And what?” The G gazed at me with burning eyes. “Or you could just show me what we're hunting when we get there. I'd be perfectly fine with that. Really.”
“Get into your ship, Hardkirby. You too, Leonov,” I hadn't even seen the guy, who was behind the G. I don't know how the G saw him, but he did. “Meet up with my ships at coordinates 78/92. Make it fast. You have a long day ahead of you.”

To be continued.

Maybe, if I get encouragement.

Hardkirby

Reaction score
At least I got a reply, more than I could ask for. I suppose I'll start working on another bit.

defacto

Reaction score
Indeed very good!

If you make another part, i will read it aswell!

Hardkirby

Reaction score
With the good comments from *2* people, I will continue it.

Chapter 1

I walked as fast as I could towards my ship, without looking like a fool. I hope. As I got next to my ship someone yelled “Heads up!” I was barely fast enough to turn and grab the canister of energy. I quickly threw it into my ship's storage compartment, then jumped into the control seat. I flicked it into ON mode, and waited. Those ten seconds felt like ten minutes, as all I did was wait. And wait. Then the engine finally roared into life, flames nearly hitting a nearby engineer. I tried to apologize, though I don't think he heard me. My ship blasted off, knocking over a bunch of energy canisters and a few engineers too. But I was off, and a day of hunting awaited me. I set it into autopilot and let the music play.
Smash! My ship shook violently as blaster fire paraded on my ship. I struggled to get control of my weapons, and finally managed to return fire. Some Ion Inferno shots were fired at my attacker, who looked like a frenzoid, and he didn't last long. I think I'll manually pilot from here.
“I see your shooting skills are still in shape.” I more-or-less jumped backwards in my chair, shocked at the sudden voice. “I lured him here, you know. If you couldn't kill a simple frenzoid, what would you be worth?”
“Um, uh, okay? Let's just go hunt. I'll follow you.” I followed him for a few seconds before asking again, “Um, sir? Where is Leonov?” There was no reply at first.
“He's doing his own...training. Like you just did.” Leonov, surviving a surprise attack? I'm hoping he has a lucky day... “We are going to him now. Let us see what he has done to survive.”
As we neared the location where Leonov had his trial, I squinted my eyes more and more, expecting a shipwreck to jump out in front of me. Finally, we reached him. “Phew! He's alive!”
“Of course he is, he received an Avenger. The weakest ones here.” The thought eased my mind, but I still wondered why I had got the Frenzoid. Perhaps he expected...more from me? No, that's crazy. He just lured random mantis... “Alright, Hardkirby, Leonov, follow me. We are going to hunt in that patch of Frenzoids nearby our colony. If they discover it, it won't be long until Mantis Command sends an extermination squad. Unless you want to be mopping up the mess when the battle comes, I'd help delay it as long as possible!”
“H-Hard-kuh-kirby? W-What does he mean by when? It's...It's not going to happen, is it?” His voice came out as a high-pitched whimper.
“It will happen, the mantis aren't morons. One of these days they'll find us. Just hopefully we'll have built up better defences by then.”
There was nothing else from Leonov after that. “Alright, we're here.” The G spoke quickly, and could barely be heard over the noise of blasters charging. “Everyone ready?” We both said a quick yes. “Alright, I'm marking targets. Get the red targets first, then the blue, then the yellow. No mercy. On my mark.” We sat there, waiting. What was he waiting for? We could just rush in and kill them all, I'm sure. “Mark!”
We swarmed in, blasters firing at full power. The G's rocket hit a mantis near the centre, destroying the red targets. We quickly pulled up to avoid return fire, and just for kicks I did a barrel roll too. It probably saved my life too, as a rocket flew passed my ship. I looked around for where it came from, and we saw a few rocketeers fly in to support their comrades. I immediately turned and opened fire on the rocketeers. “No! I have better armour then you! You deal with the frenzoids, I got these guys.” I took the orders gratefully and returned fire on the frenzoids. There was only one blue target left now, and in seconds he was vaporized. There was only the three yellow targets left.
“Leonov! I marked the enemies red blue and yellow! You get blue, I got red. Yellow we'll both get after.” Before he could respond, I opened fire on the frenzoid, destroying his engines and leaving him stranded. I fired one last shot and he was out of the game.
“Hardkirby! Help! He's going to-” An explosion blocked the rest of the communication.
“Leonov! Leonov, are you there?” I turned and opened fire on the yellow frenzoid, as I had not the slightest clue where the blue one went. It was vaporized in seconds. I opened my tacmap to see that the blue frenzoid had left Lustra. I guess that it was too late for Leonov.
“Hardkirby, where is Leonov?” I didn't reply. “He was too weak. Let us hunt another patch before heading home.”
Rage boiled inside of me. “How could you say that? Leonov was your fellow comrade! He lived beside you, fought beside you, and you don't care that he is dead? You are heartle-” My ship went red, and lights started flashing everywhere.
“SOS! COLONY UNDER ATTACK! SOS! COLONY UNDER ATTACK!”
“We'll talk about this later, Hardkirby, for now we must defend our home!” We both engaged our afterburners at full power and rushed home. Why did the G have to choose some place so far from the colony? This was the worst day for that to happen!
“Oh my god...Hardkirby, do you see that?” I looked towards our village to see what he was talking about. We saw a juggernaut. A legend that caused nightmares among our bravest men. And it floated over our destroyed home that was covered in flame and ashes. It killed them all, I bet. It was not going to get away with this! I flew toward it and opened fire. “Hardkirby, get out of there!” The G screamed as the juggernaut fired its blasters. My escape pod was ejected instantly. “Run!” I flicked my engines on and sped as fast as I could go. But it wasn't fast enough.
The juggernaut charged it's blasters, then it all went black.

Dark_Lord

Reaction score
Good work,
Im very curious to know whats going to happen.

Regards
Dark Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.