What's new

The Rise of the Valatory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mered4

Reaction score
I have always wondered about how these crazy wackos in red and their grey Krygar sidekicks became top dogs in Sol. Our very aloof and conniving devs never really gave us a true look at 'The Beginning'.
Why is the Ivanova and Copernicus family so important? What the heck is up with that Hyper Jump technology that is so awesome, it can only be equipped onto huge 'Gates' in deep space?
Every one of us pilots wishes they had their very own HyperJump equipped fighter. But remember, thats what the GMs have on their fighters. The stinkers.
:devilish:
So i decided to write a story about the rise of the Valatory. It (hopefully) will answer most of those questions posed by doubtful pilots about our characters' origins. The link below is to the prologue. It is in PDF form.
http://www.vawg.cap.gov/newportnews/cadets/pics/home/prologueM.pdf
Here is some background on the setting:
Title: Post Millennium
Date: Mid-2969
Event: The Millennium celebration of the first landing on the moon.
Summary: The Valatory are an elitist sect that migrated to Saturn's moon Titan in the mid 25th Century.
Mars has been terraformed and is now a 'second Earth'. Earth is ruled by the United Territories of Earth, a tyrannical welfare state that sprung from the former USA after the third Atomic War.
The UTE has a keen desire to rule Sol and the colonies of Vega, Gemini, and Mizar. (antares has not yet been settled)
Venus was terraformed, but has fallen back to its toxic state that we know of today. The 'Rebels' are just getting their start on Mars. They have many sympathizers and a hope for another USA to spring from the future ashes of the UTE.
They're also labeled as insane. Even the Martian government thinks them off their rockers.
Enjoy folks...feedback appreciated

defacto

Reaction score
Now, i can answer some of those questions-partly by reading between the lines of ingame story, and pure guessing.

We know that there was some sort of ''world war 3'' on Earth, with nukes and thermobaric bombs making it nearly uninhabitable. The enemy of the Valatory was named the Democrata, but lost. It's not known if the Valatory signed the Mantis treaty before or after the fall of the Democrata, but probably afterwards.

It seems as if the Valatory founded the colonies. In a Gemini SM, Isaak makes a discrete note that the ''Imperial forces stationed in Gemini'' was defeated by the Mantis... but they never was at war with the Mantis??
Perhaps a part of the treaty was complete Mantis control over the sol stargate, thus blocking the Imperials from leaving Sol and allow the Mantis to destroy the (eventual) Imperial forces in Gemini?

The Stargates, according to the games old lore, (which was much better than todays) was built by a race known as the ancients. They also built the temple on the ''old'' Vega 1, where the first artifact was found. Apparently these are also the key to defeating the Mantis. The Brotherhood has kind of replaced the ancients.

It's a irritating twist that the brotherhood now is a religious sect... it sounds like you are teasing all veterans by introducing terrible storyline to them...

Religious sect... ohmygosh...

Also, a few notes: Vega was settled after the other colonies, Mizar was probably settled first (once again, the storyline makers have no interest in reality, the first star system to be visited before stargates would ofcourse be Alpha Centauri. Mizar exists in reality, but lies 10 000 times the distance from Earth compared to Alpha. Thus, Mizar would only be visited after the stargate discovery)

Oh, and Mars was never terraformed. I doubt that it would be ''de-terraformed'', as it is a complicated process.

I don't think that Ivanova is that important. She just decide to accompany you after the fall of UCF.
By the way, the UCF is the colonials. Colonials sound so stupid so i made a new name. (It's true name isThe United Colonial Federation)

When making my own fan fiction, (by the way, new part finally coming soon) i explain that Hyperspace travel is an intricate technology. Only completely mastered by the Ancients... but... in the sol introduction, it is explained that the colonies disabled the Stargates, and yet the Mantis attacked them! This must mean that Mantis ships possess Interstellar Travel, which possibly could be Hyperspace Drive (and in my fan fiction story, the main ship can do short hyperjump travels thanks to parts from a wrecked Behemoth)

Now, it's TL;DR time! ^^

Mered4

Reaction score
Well defacto, a few points i must make. First, the terraforming of Mars is rather simple; recreate the magnetic field that was wiped out by some unknown disaster. Therefore, the de-terraforming, as u call it, of Mars is rather simple: destroy the artificial magnetic field. will

Delloda

Reaction score
nice story! can you paste this into a post in the fan section please?

on a side note: government website???? lets hope no one from any illecit group reads it and think thay the American have developed spaceship to combat the REAL Mantis threat!!!!11elf :eek:

A

Adrana

I will move this to fan section, and I agree a very nice story. ^^

Mered4

Reaction score
defacto said:
When making my own fan fiction, (by the way, new part finally coming soon) i explain that Hyperspace travel is an intricate technology. Only completely mastered by the Ancients... but... in the sol introduction, it is explained that the colonies disabled the Stargates, and yet the Mantis attacked them! This must mean that Mantis ships possess Interstellar Travel, which possibly could be Hyperspace Drive (and in my fan fiction story, the main ship can do short hyperjump travels thanks to parts from a wrecked Behemoth)^
Well defacto... let me explain the Hyperjump to you.
I havent asked any local quantum physicists if this would work but bear with me here =)
The HyperJump is based on quantum theory itself. A particle, at any given time, has an X chance to exist at point A, but also a Y chance to be at point B. Now, Point B is usually within NANOMETERS of point A, so it usually doesnt take that big of an effect in everyday life. We call the distance between A and B the 'quantum leap'.
So dont freak out, you wont wake up on the moon anytime soon.
Well
Maybe XD
My theory is, in the early 27th century, some smart people discovered a new particle. This particle was wierd because it seemed to be so unstable...and noone had predicted it before...
later, these same people did some thinking and realized that the particle was an anamoly. Its quantum leap was so large it spanned billion of miles, and sometimes light years.
Reaction of smart people: w00t! Faster than light travel time!
So they created a machine, analyzing the particle as they went. They discovered some elements and tempatures that attracted the 'jumper' particle. the machine was so big it became Asteroid sized...at least for it to be practicle for starships.
Thus the hyperjump was born

defacto

Reaction score
Mered4 said:
defacto said:
When making my own fan fiction, (by the way, new part finally coming soon) i explain that Hyperspace travel is an intricate technology. Only completely mastered by the Ancients... but... in the sol introduction, it is explained that the colonies disabled the Stargates, and yet the Mantis attacked them! This must mean that Mantis ships possess Interstellar Travel, which possibly could be Hyperspace Drive (and in my fan fiction story, the main ship can do short hyperjump travels thanks to parts from a wrecked Behemoth)^
Well defacto... let me explain the Hyperjump to you.
I havent asked any local quantum physicists if this would work but bear with me here =)
The HyperJump is based on quantum theory itself. A particle, at any given time, has an X chance to exist at point A, but also a Y chance to be at point B. Now, Point B is usually within NANOMETERS of point A, so it usually doesnt take that big of an effect in everyday life. We call the distance between A and B the 'quantum leap'.
So dont freak out, you wont wake up on the moon anytime soon.
Well
Maybe XD
My theory is, in the early 27th century, some smart people discovered a new particle. This particle was wierd because it seemed to be so unstable...and noone had predicted it before...
later, these same people did some thinking and realized that the particle was an anamoly. Its quantum leap was so large it spanned billion of miles, and sometimes light years.
Reaction of smart people: w00t! Faster than light travel time!
So they created a machine, analyzing the particle as they went. They discovered some elements and tempatures that attracted the 'jumper' particle. the machine was so big it became Asteroid sized...at least for it to be practicle for starships.
Thus the hyperjump was born
Well firstly... the machine apparantly can be smaller, as UCF ships can make what i call short-jumps (interplanetary hyperspace jumps). In my fan fiction story, the only thing that really stops the humans from Interstellar spaceships is too limited power technology, which the mantis had.

Remember that there is no Imperial presence in Mantis controlled systems. And so it seems as if the Imperials do not have hyperspace technology capable of ''long-jumps''

In the end of the Vega storyline, when you go to Antares, Ivanova tells you to ''go down the sinkhole'', referring to travelling trough the stargate. I think she means a wormhole, which means that Stargates use wormhole drives. However, it is not sure that hyperjumping is based on the same technology.

Mered4

Reaction score
I don't quite remember that part of the Vega storyline...but i finished Vega at least eight months ago.
'Go down the sinkhole' can refer to a multitude of things besides a wormhole. Hypergates are, in essence, holes to drive into, no matter how they function.
Before the Valatory, the UTE was referred to as the 'Imperials', and the Valatory as the 'Valatory Imperials'
Here is the basics of the way i put my storyline down.
In 2876, the Mantis discovered humanity when we first jumped to the Lagrange Singularity. They quietly observed us and found Sol. In 2951, having created a plan of conquest, the Mantis revealed themselves and the strength of their technology to the Valatory. The wimpy Valatory and their Krygar buddies quickly formed a treaty with the Mantis. The two factions working together devised a plan. Little do the Valatory know that the Mantis plan to ultimately destroy them as well.
In 2969, the plan went into motion. The UTE President Gates is captured and held hostage in Draconis. The Captain of his ship, James Ivanova, enlists the help of a waning computer programmer (Neil Netsu) and a scientist genius (Kristin Hilde) to retrieve the President and hopefully defeat the Mantis.
In the meantime, the Valatory infiltrate the moon, capturing the pulse cannons stationed there. Using these fearsome weapons, the Mantis and the Valatory both converge on the stronghold of Earth. In a stunning display of stupidity and fear, the UTE surrenders without too much resistance. Their fleets scatter, some to the Democrata on Venus, others to Mars to join the Rebellion. The rest flee to the Colonies: Vega, Mizar, Gemini, and Tau Ceti. They become the first pirates.
Using experimental dark matter technology created by Kristin Hilde and her team, Captain Ivanova and Neil Netsu attempted to infiltrate Earth. When they were discovered by the Mantis, the two fled to Titan, where they proceeded to use the Dark Matter to destroy the atmosphere, killing all on the surface. After dealing out this awesome death and destruction, they jumped back to Lagrange, bemoaning the loss of Earth.
The Valatory were so teed off at Ivanova for destroying Titan that they turned the pulse cannons on Mars. The cannons stripped Mars of its magnetic field and pulverized millions of people. As Mars' atmosphere disintegrated, the Rebels swore it would never happen again.
As time wore on, the Mantis and the Valatory gradually conquered the Colonies
------
thats the basics of my little story.

Status
Not open for further replies.