What's new

The Final Bastion -Pirate Galaxy Themed Story-

Status
Not open for further replies.

defacto

Reaction score
Prologue

'' The news i am coming with are bad: The plague of war engulfes our nations, silencing our golden era, weakening our society. They call themselves the Mantis. Their guns will not be silent until they have nothing to shoot at. But there is one way out: We must fight. Fight for the human race as a whole, to defend the bastion of freedom. Fleet of UCF, prepare! ''

Admiral Jack Weaver, UCF (United colonial Federation) Admiral

----

The Mantis struck with a force never witnessed before. 60 Hours after the first Mantis sightings, Gemini lay in ruins. The GDF was shattered, and capitulation was the only option. Soon, the entire UCF was destroyed.

This is the story about the last starship ever constructed at Caprica shipyards, the story about the ship that would change the course of Human History,

The CFS Odyssey.

Chapter 1
Caprica Prime Orbital Shipyards, Caprica System

Captain Hansen Lance watched the sunrise from the 36,000 km orbit of the Caprica Prime station. He liked the viewscreen. He liked it very much. Very very much. What a pity that he wasn't allowed to watch some nice movie on it, but he guessed that it isn't something Captains do.

The Command Bridge was gleaming white and grey, that's apparently the fashion for spaceships currently.
He felt like Captain Kirk in those old Star Trek series from the 20th century... oh wait, he WAS like Captain Kirk! He never thought of it that way.

The door to the bridge opened, and a small ensign stepped out.
'' S-S-Sir...''
'' Yes? ''
'' I-I-I got someth-i mean... the commander wants to see you sir''
'' Well, thanks.''

The ensign rocketed out into the elevator and tried to hide his tomatoe-red face.

Hansen took the next elevator.

End of chapter 1.

Firebrand1

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Firebrand
Rank
come on we're waiting ^^

defacto

Reaction score
Next part coming today or tomorrow ^^

Sorry for the waiting itme...

defacto

Reaction score
Chapter 2

The door to the briefing room opened, and Hansen entered.

A group of highly ranked people sat around a table, and someone Hansen knew fingered on a flashy 3-d screen.

''Admiral Hornblower, Hansen said. I'm not late, am i?''

''You're just in time, captain, we were just about to start. Here, have a seat.''

Hornblower activated the screen, and a holografic image of a star cluster was projected.

'' Since 23.00, he said, Gemini has been under attack. We suspect that it is the same aliens that obliterated Formalhaut a few years ago, and also the outposts on Avandria and Epsilon Eridiani. We have trouble getting in contact, but from what we have heard, things aren't going well. The GDF has sustained heavy losses and the Starbase has also taken damage.''

The admiral coughed lightly and fingered around in the holographic view. Two of the stars in the projection were brightened up, with texts appearing next to them, saying that one of them was Caprica and the other Gemini. He also made a blue arrow showing up, pointing between Caprica and Gemini.

''The Akasa and the Heart of Deluvian is scheduled to leave port in 10 minutes to join the fight in Gemini, Hornblower said. The rest of the defense force is already there, and yet we are loosing ground!''

The admiral waved his hand trough the projection, and the holographic screen zoomed in on Caprica, then on the shipyards, and finnaly on The oddysey.

''After the defeat at Epsilon Eridiani, Hornblower said, we managed to salvage pieces from a wrecked Mantis ship. It contained technology that would solve a scientific riddle we have been working on for tens of years... the hyperdrive engine. The energy capacitors we found in a wrecked behemoth was the final piece that we needed to build it, a mobile version of a stargate. We are still far from reaching the efficency and power of the stargates, but we think that the engine can do jumps of around 50-60 lightyears, and with a 40 minute cooldown pause between the jumps. As you are aware, the first real version of the hyperdrive is fitted on the CFS Oddysey. The ship's ready for launch now, and you're scheduled to leave dock in 20 minutes. Good luck, and let's hope that the ship does not vaporize on the instant of entering the hyperspace field!''

''Wait, Hansen said. Can they really do that?''

'' Don't worry, Hornblower said. Or simultations proved that you are likely to survive it.''

End of chapter 2.

defacto

Reaction score
Chapter 3

Hansen seated himself in the Captains chair, in the front part of the bridge. From here, he had a good view over the rest of the bridge and especially the viewscreen.

''Commander, a voice behind him said. The last portion of the crew has entered the ship and are at their stations. We're ready to take off.''

Enila Hedere was a tall woman from Commerce Central. She were over 2 meters tall and had something strangely alien over her. She was a hard worker with a focus on efficency, just like the most commerce centralians. And ofcourse, following regulations is even more important when the Captain is on the bridge...

''Good, Hansen said. Light up the reactor, and we're good to go.''

Enila gave a sign with her hand to the crewman next to her, which started tapping on a console.

The ship rumbled slightly.

''Commander, the Antimatter core is Lighting up properly... we got positive energyflow...''

The ship rumbled again, and now the hull groaned slightly from the magnetic field created by the reactor.

''We got takeoff clearance... awaiting your command, sir.''

''Right, let's start up this girl... release the docking clams, Hansen said.''

'' Releasing docking clams... applying control thruster speed... velocity reaching 5 meters/second...''

The construction gantry slowly left the viewscreen as The Odyssey tested it's wings for the first time.

''We have cleared the gantry, commander. Applying sublight engine thrust... the Caprica shipyards central station hails you, sir.''

''Bring it up on the screen, Hansen said.''

The face of Admiral Hornblower appeared.

''Hansen, he said. Before you go into active duty, we'll conduct a little test on your hyperspace drive first. The colony on Caprica IV got some remarkable discoveries... something archaeological, i am being told. You are to do a Short interplanetary hyperspace jump and pick whatever they found, aswell as testing your new drive.''

''Right, i got it, Hansen said. Contacting the Caprica IV colony now...''

One of the crewmen pressed a few buttons on his console, and the viewscreen was split in two, one with the face of Hornblower, and another with a bearded man, maybe in his 50's.

''Greetings and Hello, he said. We are ready to get you to here now. Please start flying.''

''What? Hansen said. Can you repeat that?''

''Hello and Greetings, i say, that we can tell you to fly here now. Please start flying.''

''Whatever... Hansen said. We're preparing to jump now... se you on the other side.''

''Goodbye and gree...''

Hansen shut down the communication console.

''Prepare to do the jump, he said.''

End of Chapter 3.

Galm

Reaction score
Wow this is great :) will there be more :?: :mrorange: ^^

defacto

Reaction score
Galm said:
Wow this is great :) will there be more :?: :mrorange: ^^
Ofcourse more will come. I'm a slow writer, so you'll need patience ;)

defacto

Reaction score
Woop woop, a new part!

Chapter 4

The Oddysey was streched out several times it's ordinary lenght, the sound from the engines brimming with power reaching the bridge on the opposite part of the ship.

The sound suddenly stopped, a white flash blinded everyone on the ship for a few seconds, and when the crew on the bridge finally regained their eyesight, it was a strange sight they saw.

Strange white clouds streaked past the ship in a strange circular form, making it look like the ship was passing trough a heavenly tunnel.
''Who knows, it might even be one'', Hansen nearly said out loud, because surely noone would ever doubt that if godlike beings exist, this would be were they reside.

Hansen found himself staring at the window screen, like in a trance, just like everyone else on the bridge, and on other parts of the ship aswell.

---

The odyssey had 2 retractable hangar bays. The Caprican scientists tried their best, but could never open a hyperspace wormhole wider than 94 Meters. With the Hangar Bays retracted, the ship measured 91,8 meters wide, which still was dangerously large, since it wasn't sure if the Odyssey would start sliding uncontrollable, hitting one of the walls, and only The Ancients know what would happen then.

However, when that realization was made, the Odyssey had already started it's construction, and it was decided to take the risk.

The scientists did not have any reason to be worried. The odyssey didn't wobble a single nanometer.

''Isn't it beuatiful?''

Jennifer's question was replied to with the sound of not-so-fresh vomit falling on the hangar deck.
A service droid quickly arrived and scooped up the vomit from the otherwise perfectly clean hangar floor.

Jennifer had tried her best to befriend the woman known as Maria Mod; she was her Co-Pilot after all, but this woman did not have any friends. She had grey-striped black hair, Dark green eyes, and was wearing a thick white shirt and jeans instead of the standard uniform. If she wouldn't have extraordinary flying skills, she would've never been part of the Caprican fleet, and even so, she would probably atleast be a squad leader if she simply had better discipline.

Now, Maria's face was coloured in a shade of dark green.

''Are you ok?'' Jennifer asked.

''Bah, i'm fine.'' She replied, with a look on her face like someone just had asked her if she could pilot a Training Raider.

End of Chapter 4.

Firebrand1

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Firebrand
Rank
woohoo new part ^^

as good as ever, defacto

defacto

Reaction score
Firebrand1 said:
woohoo new part ^^

as good as ever, defacto
Thanks ^^

I really had stopped writing but i never submitted the last part... now i might continue with it :D

metaldragon89

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Dr Zed
Rank
Clan
MistakeZ
nice story.. i want more story.. :)

defacto

Reaction score
The thread's always here... but i doubt that i'll write more...

pbhuh

Reaction score
defacto said:
The thread's always here... but i doubt that i'll write more...
sorry cna you explain who yuo are?

2400 posts?

doesn't ring a bell

^^

Status
Not open for further replies.