[Sugestion] Daily/Weekly/Monthly Mission System

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
So i have mentioned it already a few times in several posts so i decided to make now an offical post about it in the Feedback section to give it a chance to be seen by the devs.

Currently the game lacks of contend to do when you have nearly everything fullfilled the game has to offer. Sure there are the achives BUT they give you nothing if you finish them aside from points that in return are nothing worth as well.

Considering the Leaderboard THAT STILL IS IN BETA since implemented and the fact that Gold Skulls have an higher value then Achive points they are pretty pointless at the moment.

However the talk is not about Achives and stuff (that would be another topic to discuss about) this should go about an system that gives Pilots something to do next to the boring grind they do every day.

As the titles already implies it goes about an Mission system that is based on a login basis with a new Mission per Day, Week and Month and in return gives rewards depending on what you did finish. Please remember that numbers and stuff i will post here as examples and can be changed

In order to make this a "bit better to read" divide this post into 3 sections for each part.

Daily Missions: https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?p=197491#p197491

Weekly Missions: https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?p=197492#p197492

Monthly Missions: https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?p=197493#p197493

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Daily Missions:
They should be based on stuff around the core mechanic of the game that is shooting stuff.
Sure sounds like the same we do anyways BUT i would restrict it so that we need to shoot units in a randomly seleced System and planet based on the story progress (Sirius and Venar excluded) and with an ship of the current system.

Also i would make it so that it gives 3 - 5 daily Misisons so that you now just need a few mins to complete them and when you have finished all missions you get Cryos as reward.

The Missions:
Per day the Planet, system and units will be shuffled and per unit it should give a certain "playroom" of how many you need to kill from min to max depending on their amount. It´s easy to smash the Interceptors into numbers from 100+ cus they can be spawned easily with Harvesters while Patrols (DS) can be quite limited and other units have an average rate in their numbers.

So i would put in the following minimum - maximum numbers for the units:
Patrol (DS): 5 - 15
Common Units: 25 - 50
Harvesters: 15 - 25
Interceptors: 100 - 500

As example:
Destroy 50 Signors at moon with any Sol Ship
Destroy 15 Patrols (DS) at Molikar with any Mizar Ship
Destroy 25 Harvesters at Lustra with any Antares ship
Destroy 500 Interceptors at Mars with any Sol Ship
Destroy 30 Imperial Turrets at Moon with any Sol Ship

The Reward:
In terms of the Cryo rewards i would base them to the current Level a player has cus if he would do an daily mission in Vega 100 Cryonite as reward would be nothing for an lvl 88 player ;)
I would try here to base the reward around the level and with it the available ship/tech the player has at the current point. The reward table would then look like the following:
Vega – 100 Cryonite (Level 1 – 15)
Antares – 200 Cryonite (Level 16 - 25)
Gemini – 400 Cryonite (Level 26 - 33)
Mizar – 800 Cryonite (Level 34 - 43)
Sol (Start) – 1.600 Cryonite (Level 44 - 55)
Sol (Mid - End) – 3.200 Cryonite (Level 56 - 60)
Draconis – 6.400 Cryonite (Level 61 - 70)
Sirius – 12.800 Cryonite (Level 71 - 82)
Tau Ceti – 51.200 Level (85 - ?)

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Weekly Missions:
Those Mission should work kinda like Daily Missions but have a few extra addition in term of the Mission we can fullfill here so that they require a bit more work to be completed.

The Missions:
As restriction i have something in Mind like Shoot a certain amount of any unit in/at any system/planet but with an certain Ship Class and with higher values. Considering that we here tackle numbers that should work for an entire week so that they can be done with the Daily Basis i would put in here only 3 Missions at max.

As Example:
Destroy 2.500 Enemies with an Sol Engineer Ship
Destroy 7.000 Enemies with an Sol Sniper Ship
Destroy 3.250 Enemies with an Gemini Tank Ship

The Reward:
As Mission reward i would here give a selection of rewards that the Pilot can choose from when all tasks have been compelted:
„Blueprint of your choice“ – You can select any Blueprint you want and recieve 1 Blueprint of that item. The list of available Blueprints depends if you have this Blueprint already unlocked (if unlocked the Blueprint won´t appear in the list) and what is your current Level. You can´t select a a Level 70 Blueprint if you current level is 67 for example. Event Blueprints will be excluded cus they are special.

Booster for 3 days with 15% Bonus – Yes you can choose any Booster you want and it works for 3 days. Excluded are Membership/Cryo Vault (Monthly Subscription), Ship Alloy (1 time purchase), Clan/Buddy Booster (they are pointless for most pilots (i think))

Why no Cryonite? Considering that you basicly can earn up to 358.400 Cryonite just by the dailies/week giving out more Cryonite would a bit to extreme i think + you could basicly choose a Cryo Booster if you want more of them :p.

See the daily system more or less like an „catch up“ for new Players to achive quicker the ranks of high/endgame players so that they could join our ranks and participate in the stuff we do already cus to be blunt the game focuses around the high/endgame players.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Monthly Missions:
Ok this will be the most interesting part if we consider that we talk about Missions that should work for an whole Month so this will be a bit hard to tackle to be honest.

However this system would be a bit special cus here i would go as far and say that next to restrictions you can only fullfill this part if you fullfill a certain amount of Daily + Weekly Missions an no i won´t be so crazy to say „you need to log in every day and complete every week in order to complete that part“.

No i would be so crazy to give 2 requirements here:
Complete at least 20 Daily Missions
Complete at least 2 Weekly Missions
A completion counts when you get your reward from the daily/weekly Mission. With this you easily have 2 weeks + 10 days that you could miss but still will be able to recieve the Monthly reward.

So but now the real fun starts cus we shoot already plenty of stuff why not increase the requirements to ship mechanics instead of just killing more stuff? Yeah thats right i talk about using the items and accumulate values over the month with them.

Anyhows how will we tackle the Monthly Missions now exactly? Well here i would say that per Month a ship class (Tank, Engineer, Stunner, Storm, Sniper or Defender) will be picked as „Ship of the Month“ and the tasks will be based around that ship.

In terms of Sirius ships they are Hybrids that use Items from the other classes. What Tau Ceti ship belongs they are a bit hard to tackle + players need to have access to them so it would put some players in disadvantage cus they have no access to the Items (Sniper and Defender however are a bit special cus players can aquire them in Sol and Draconis or even buy the parsec Blueprints in the shop so they are not „out of reach“).

The Missions:
The only issue i have here is that those numbers will be really picked random and might reflect to high or to low values and therefore way off the mark (so remember all numbers are examples).

So now to the Missions itself or rather said to the „Items of the ships“ Missions

Tank:
Absorb 325.000% Damage with the Shield
Taunt 1.000 Enemies
Avoid 175.000% of Damage with the Aim Scrambler
Deal 500.000% of Damage with the Aggro Bomb

Storm:
Deal 250.000% of Damage with Rockets
Deal 7.500 Critical Strikes with the Aim Computer
Ignore 300.000% of Shield with the Perforator
Deal 425.000% of Damage with the Thermo Blaster

Stunner:
Use the Speed Actuator 1.000 times
Stun 2.500 Enemies
Distract 750 Enemies with an Aggro Beacon
Stun 3.250 Enemies with the Stun Dome

Engineer:
Repair 500.000% with the Repair Target
Absorb 250.000% of Damage with the Protector
Repair 1.000.000% with the Repair Field
Materialize 100 Pilots that have been defeated

Sniper:
Deal 2.500 Critical Strikes with the Sniper Blaster
Deal 50.000% Damage with the Attack Droid
Deal 250.000% Damage with the Orbital Strike
Deal 175.000% Damage with the Attack Buff

Defender:
Repair 750.000% with the Repair Turret
Deal 175.000% Damage with the Attack Turret
Deal 550.000% Damge with the Sticky Mine
Deal 275.000% Damage with the Minelayer

Again all Numbers are totaly random so they may be way of the mark in the one or another example.

The Reward:
Considering that we here to some pretty intense stuff with numbers that are pretty high the Rewards should feel like we have earned/achived something by completing those.

And this is where the Problem itself starts. To be honest i have totaly no Idea what an Monthly reward aside from giving Gold at this point would be and giving out Premium currency is always a delicate Story from the Developers view.

I had thought about something like giving 1/3 of the 1 Month Elite Membership (5.500 Gold) so that in theory after 3 full month a player should get it for „free“ or he could spend this gold on other boosters.

Cryonite would be kinda useless if we would assume that someone did a whole month of dailies he already obtained 1.587.200 Cryonite with Tau Ceti Reward and full 31 days.

Or maybe are the Monthly Missions totaly over the mark as well and it would be enough already to give the Daily/Weekly Missions for us? Who knows at least i can say from my side i have tried it.

Starchaser

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Starchaser
Rank
Clan
Doomtrain
A very good idea and helps for players who complain they are bored in the game.
Daily, Weekly and Monthly missions sounds good, just if the amounts would be a bit increased in some of them, but they are ideas.
I would like to add to this idea to make effort on team work and some missions should only be able to do in a squad, and a full squad. Not meaning to make a squad and be only member in it. The hardness of the mission should require a full squad, and therefore the damages etc what has been proposed by Vesperion could take effect.

I return to the game with the last Raven event and for to transfer my Gamigo acco to SS.
There has been introduced new stuff and to play in a new way if we are helping new players.
I would say it is not always the best way, and I been cursing some new stuff more than enough.
What I didn't like at all was the encrypt idea, for me I don't like it a bit.
But I would love to read some more opinions on Vesperions idea so please post something here :)

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Starchaser said:
A very good idea and helps for players who complain they are bored in the game.
Daily, Weekly and Monthly missions sounds good, just if the amounts would be a bit increased in some of them, but they are ideas.
I would like to add to this idea to make effort on team work and some missions should only be able to do in a squad, and a full squad. Not meaning to make a squad and be only member in it. The hardness of the mission should require a full squad, and therefore the damages etc what has been proposed by Vesperion could take effect.

I return to the game with the last Raven event and for to transfer my Gamigo acco to SS.
There has been introduced new stuff and to play in a new way if we are helping new players.
I would say it is not always the best way, and I been cursing some new stuff more than enough.
What I didn't like at all was the encrypt idea, for me I don't like it a bit.
But I would love to read some more opinions on Vesperions idea so please post something here :)
I agree this is very good idea! To keep many players who would leave game and this would help new players to call many other friends. This would make game players rising and make profit of numbers of players, not just by ones buying gold. Highway, i'd really like you to consider this that Vesperion made and try to make it , if Dino Storm can have daily things, i think pirate galaxy would rise stronger and better with this tiny update! Daily /weekly /monthly missions and loginand those kinds of rewards are seen in every game and also in ss games, but pirate galaxy needs this kind of fun also.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Changes for the Monthly Missions:

After revisiting the numbers of the monthly missions again i thought myself: "Man you must have really crazy in some ways". Some numbers are really far to high considering that it would require thousand of enemies alone just to finish 1 part of the Mission (even if we kill them in thousand) but certain Missions would then be a bit insane if we consdier that the max amount of dmg we can do/absorb/Heal per Enemy/Player is 100% so some missions would require way to much and players might not want to play a class they don´t like just for the sake of the Monthly task.

The old values will be the ones in Red and the new values/changes will be the ones in green. I mainly now focused more around the areas of 25.000% - 50.000% and changed some items to "Use them x Many times" instead.

Tank:
Absorb 325.000% Damage with the Shield
--> reduced to 25.000% = ~250 times of a full shield depletion
Taunt 1.000 Enemies
--> reduced to 100 Enemies cus at the current point of the game Taunt can be "overwriten" by other classes so it´s use is quite limited
Avoid 175.000% of Damage with the Aim Scrambler
--> reduced to 10.000% = cus it depends on the potential avoided dmg that depends on the unit that attacks you
Deal 500.000% of Damage with the Aggro Bomb
--> reduced to 50.000% even when it´s in theory possible to fnish this mission easily in lower systems via 1-Hit-Kills = 500 Enemies with 1-Hit-Kill = ~454 Harvs + 10 Inters for the "cheap way"

Storm:
Deal 250.000% of Damage with Rockets
--> reduced to 75.000% cus like with the Aggro Bomb you can do this in lower Systems as well BUT considering that Storm has Aim PC (yeah i know rockets are in Hyprids as well) that in return increases crit chance and therefore increases the potential damage = ~750 Enemies depending on the crit dmg = 750 1-Hit-Kill = ~681 Harvs + 10 Inters for the "cheap way"
Deal 7.500 Critical Strikes with the Aim Computer
--> Changed to Use the Aim Computer 250 times cus it should be a mainly used ability + Criticals are chance based and even with Aim Computer they don´t trigger all the time
Ignore 300.000% of Shield with the Perforator
--> reduced to 100.000% cus even with best Perforator for the same system a part of the dmg is catched by the Shield/protector = ~1.000 uses of weapons against enemies with active shield depending on how much will be absorbed with active Perforator
Deal 425.000% of Damage with the Thermo Blaster
--> reduced to 50.000% cus if we kill an enemy with thermo alone it still requires 500 uses of the Thermoblast to finish that mission

Stunner:
Use the Speed Actuator 1.000 times
--> reduced to 250 times cus even when it´s the main ability i don´t have counted the times i used it over a month ;)
Stun 2.500 Enemies
--> Changed to Use Stun 250 times
Distract 750 Enemies with an Aggro Beacon
--> increased to 1.500 cus it gives enough areas with 10 Enemies+ = ~150 uses depending on the number of enemies
Stun 3.250 Enemies with the Stun Dome
--> Changed to Use Stundome 250 times cus the dome sometimes is also used for just a single unit

Engineer:
Repair 500.000% with the Repair Target
--> reduced to 25.000% cus depending on the situation you might "lose" some % when the Pilot is at max HP already or goes into pod = ~250 uses depending on the circumstance
Absorb 250.000% of Damage with the Protector
--> Changed to Use Protector 250 times cus in theory Protector is like a shield just with a lower Cooldown + it can be given to others
Repair 1.000.000% with the Repair Field
--> reduced to 50.000% cus Repair Field is like the Repair target depending on the situation + the amount of Pilots you can heal at the same time = depends on number of Pilots + dmg that is healed so no real value here
Materialize 100 Pilots from their Pod
--> reduced to 50 cus "in theory" poding is the last thing you should have in mind against the AI :LOL:

Sniper:
Deal 2.500 Critical Strikes with the Sniper Blaster
--> Changed to Deal 50.000% damage cus Sniper Blaster is basicly an attack weapon + like mentioned in the Storm Section Crits are chance based
Deal 50.000% Damage with the Attack Droid
--> Changed to Use the Attack Droid 250 times cus this little guy is terrible at dealing dmg + he can do a totaly different thing then you want him to :devilish:
Deal 250.000% Damage with the Orbital Strike
--> Reduced to 75.000% cus like with Aggro Bomb and Rockets it mainly benefits from hitting several targets and can deal a lot of damage per Strike = 750 Enemeis with 1-Hit-Kill = ~681 Harvs + 10 Inters for the "cheap way"
Deal 175.000% Damage with the Attack Buff
--> Changed to Use Attack Buff 250 times cus like the Speed Actuator and the Protector it can be given to others

Defender:
Repair 750.000% with the Repair Turret
--> reduced to 50.000% cus in theory it has the same mechanic like the Repair Field BUT is stationary = depends on number of Pilots + dmg that is healed so no real value here
Deal 175.000% Damage with the Attack Turret
--> reduced to 25.000% cus like the Repair Turret it´s stationary and still requires ~250 Enemies that are killed with the active Repair Turret
Deal 550.000% Damge with the Sticky Mine
--> reduced to 75.000% cus like Rockets/Aggro Bomb/OS it´s an AoE weapon = 750 Enemies with 1-Hit-Kills = ~681 Harvs + 10 Inters for the "cheap way"
Deal 275.000% Damage with the Minelayer
--> reduced to 25.000% cus Mine has undergone some changes so that it not more follows the target when in it´s vicinity and explodes now "on the spot" so that "potential" dmg is lost = 250 Enemies with 1-Hit-Kill = ~ 227 Harvs + 10 Inters for the "cheap way"

Sadly i can´t change my original Post anymore so that i would here just put in the "changelog" and keep the main Post but after a while posts can´t be changed anymore.

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hello everyone.

Basically, this topic was forgotten in the thicket of different updates, like Energy ones, CQ Renewal etc. I found some time to renew the topic and my spreadsheet for Daily/Weekly Mission system. I made some short tables including Mission names, description for them, how we can fail them and example of rewards we may receive after completing.

As well, I made some Achievement Rewards table in this spreadsheet. Take a look ;) If you want to edit something, ask me in PM on forums, so I may give you the link to edit the spreadsheet.

1594117709630.png

Last edited: