Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Razzorkill
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hello devs. Is there any chance of having the old 2k12 and 2k14 drones for sale or drop during event, so we who missed those or have them half done can finish them for collection and achievements? :cool:

Best regards Razzorkill

NinjaFlow

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
- Loq -
Rank
Clan
-Golfos del Universo-
I'll take this opportunity to talk a little about the spaceball event.
In my opinion this event is one of the worst ever made. I know it is a "strong" drone with 2 attributes and that we need to do something relatively difficult to get and level it, but the way this is imposed on the game in order to level up is ridiculous, having to repeat the same mission 4 times on all story planets is so tiring.
This event could be something more like what we saw on the 10th anniversary of the game.
I hope this event is improved to make it worth the time to do it that has a really interesting and challenging challenge.

Help this get in the eyes of the devs.

Tketh

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
T-Keth
Rank
I'll take this opportunity to talk a little about the spaceball event.
In my opinion this event is one of the worst ever made. I know it is a "strong" drone with 2 attributes and that we need to do something relatively difficult to get and level it, but the way this is imposed on the game in order to level up is ridiculous, having to repeat the same mission 4 times on all story planets is so tiring.
This event could be something more like what we saw on the 10th anniversary of the game.
I hope this event is improved to make it worth the time to do it that has a really interesting and challenging challenge.

Help this get in the eyes of the devs.
I agree this is the most tedious event but the reward is worth it and that's why you have 1 month for doing it, usualy events last 2 weeks. And on the other side you can always buy a few drones with gold and farm crio like crazy with that boost, saving for tc4 is higly recommended

NinjaFlow

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
- Loq -
Rank
Clan
-Golfos del Universo-
I agree this is the most tedious event but the reward is worth it and that's why you have 1 month for doing it, usualy events last 2 weeks. And on the other side you can always buy a few drones with gold and farm crio like crazy with that boost, saving for tc4 is higly recommended
The idea I want to transmit here is that this event can be changed, I don't care that it's something that takes time to achieve, but at least it's more fun and challenging. It's much easier just to go to the store and buy the drone with gold, I just think it's a lack of creativity on the part of the devs to create a good, non-repetitive and boring event.
If you look at the current game scenario it's all repetitive like grind cryo, there are few events a year and they should come to get us out of the dull rut and not be boring anymore.
Events like halloween and christmas as they are still fun, I also think drones should be stronger than they currently are as they make a difference but not that big, a 5% increase on some drones like damage, defense, speed, crit rate, 15% on beagle, pumpkin drone could go from 5% to 12% for example, speed drone could go from 15% to 18%.

Tketh

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
T-Keth
Rank
I agree that spaceball is time consuming and tedious but is how it came out ;)
About grinding and repetitive is the usual stuff on old MMO's.
And I remind you drones are a small bonus to stats, the real bonus here are boosters so making drones with big % would make less valuable the boosters

NinjaFlow

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
- Loq -
Rank
Clan
-Golfos del Universo-
I agree that spaceball is time consuming and tedious but is how it came out ;)
About grinding and repetitive is the usual stuff on old MMO's.
And I remind you drones are a small bonus to stats, the real bonus here are boosters so making drones with big % would make less valuable the boosters
But boosters don't make effect on pvp and I believe that a change for better in this event wouldn't be bad.
But I leave a question for you and for those who are reading this post, do you want the game to continue as it is or do you also want it to have more useful things that might change gameplay?

-Overlord-

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
-Silvers D. Rayleigh
Rank
Clan
The Loners
Hi everyone

It is a fact that spaceball is a boring and tiring event, especially in tc, and without a doubt there are players who could not complete the previous spaceballs, my suggestion would be what? simply by completing this 2k21 spaceball, previous spaceball drones would also be upgraded to max level.
I believe that this way more players would feel encouraged to do spaceball knowing that in the end it would be much more rewarding than what was announced before.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
The event itself did have some changes over the course and if i remember it correctly the first Spaceball events did only require you to finish the mission on a certain planet for a certain country flag to obtain. The drone itself only leveled then for victories of the related country what lead to the issue that some drones basically where crap. Later then the double effect of Damage and Deff buff came but i don´t remember if the "Do all missions 4 times was a thing then already".

Considering that i never have finished any of those Spaceball events from start to finish i´m one of those pesky "buy stuff with Gold and don´t care about the event all" players and the main reason for me is the factor that the change into "Do this mission 4 times on each planet to earn the achive that actually levels the drone" is way to much so that this event directly falls on par with the RDX event that is tedious as hell too.

It would have been already enough to ask for doing the missions solo and/or in sq but the addition of doing this in PM as well in both versions is just the cherry that is to much imo. Remember this is doing this mission a total of 76x for all planets in all systems and a single mission can take at least 15-60 minutes before completed. In squad maybe just 15-30 mins but still. For all this effort the reward is way to less. In theory with the next year it then will be 80x when TC is released and adds another planet... so the more time passes and the longer the game stays active the more planets and in return time will be needed as well.

I can understand that drones need to be lower in their boosts in order to make it usefull/attractive to buy the boosters in combination but the time and effort should be in relation to the reward and i would already start to go so far to say go for the "all 6 stats buff drone" cus i somehow have the feeling that sooner or later the number of buffs will be increased to 3 or SSG will allow us to use all 6 drones at the same time what would however require a reduction of the E usage from them again cus otherwise none Ult Mem users will just be in the E-Fields for their drones only every 5 seconds.

I would rather go and obtain the drone by collecting the BPs to have it and then have an increased leveling time so that the Spaceball drones take let´s say 5x as long from Level 1-5 as every other drone. That would translate into a total time of 150 hours and mean 6 1/4 days until it reaches max rank. Considering that the Spaceball drones are the only ones with 2 effects it would still be a fair tradeoff and those who want to "skip this leveling process" can do the event all the way to have the "insta leveled version" of the drone due of the achives. If you have not all achives it will simply set the drone to the point of the "minimum level it would have" and the remaining level will then be gained over time.

Tketh

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
T-Keth
Rank
my suggestion would be what? simply by completing this 2k21 spaceball, previous spaceball drones would also be upgraded to max level.
That wouldn't be fair for the players that made the pervious events

The event itself did have some changes over the course and if i remember it correctly the first Spaceball events did only require you to finish the mission on a certain planet for a certain country flag to obtain. The drone itself only leveled then for victories of the related country what lead to the issue that some drones basically where crap. Later then the double effect of Damage and Deff buff came but i don´t remember if the "Do all missions 4 times was a thing then already".

Considering that i never have finished any of those Spaceball events from start to finish i´m one of those pesky "buy stuff with Gold and don´t care about the event all" players and the main reason for me is the factor that the change into "Do this mission 4 times on each planet to earn the achive that actually levels the drone" is way to much so that this event directly falls on par with the RDX event that is tedious as hell too.

It would have been already enough to ask for doing the missions solo and/or in sq but the addition of doing this in PM as well in both versions is just the cherry that is to much imo. Remember this is doing this mission a total of 76x for all planets in all systems and a single mission can take at least 15-60 minutes before completed. In squad maybe just 15-30 mins but still. For all this effort the reward is way to less. In theory with the next year it then will be 80x when TC is released and adds another planet... so the more time passes and the longer the game stays active the more planets and in return time will be needed as well.

I can understand that drones need to be lower in their boosts in order to make it usefull/attractive to buy the boosters in combination but the time and effort should be in relation to the reward and i would already start to go so far to say go for the "all 6 stats buff drone" cus i somehow have the feeling that sooner or later the number of buffs will be increased to 3 or SSG will allow us to use all 6 drones at the same time what would however require a reduction of the E usage from them again cus otherwise none Ult Mem users will just be in the E-Fields for their drones only every 5 seconds.

I would rather go and obtain the drone by collecting the BPs to have it and then have an increased leveling time so that the Spaceball drones take let´s say 5x as long from Level 1-5 as every other drone. That would translate into a total time of 150 hours and mean 6 1/4 days until it reaches max rank. Considering that the Spaceball drones are the only ones with 2 effects it would still be a fair tradeoff and those who want to "skip this leveling process" can do the event all the way to have the "insta leveled version" of the drone due of the achives. If you have not all achives it will simply set the drone to the point of the "minimum level it would have" and the remaining level will then be gained over time.
The original event was indeed related to wins achieved by each country and the drone bp droped on a specific planet depending on each country, the quest had to be done a few times to complete the BP if i'm not wrong ;)

I agree on mostly everyone buys a few drones with gold and forgets about doing the achievements, me included :p

The reason for the quests requesting PM mode is for giving an extra option to gameplay since a lot of players seek PM activity

I personaly don't expect more than 2 stat drones but who knows, having more than 3 drones active might be a good option

The drones e-usage is high, since those give extra boosts for free instead of gold and no one forces the player to use them and also you can deactivate them at any time.

Please keep in mind this game is a bussiness so we can't get everything for free ;)

NinjaFlow

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
- Loq -
Rank
Clan
-Golfos del Universo-
That wouldn't be fair for the players that made the pervious events
Anyone who has done the event once would only need to do it to unlock the drone in the store and would release it in the respective level of the other drone, example: if the player did the entire 2k20 spaceball he'll only have to get the drone and he'll turn in the store at the maximum level

Tketh

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
T-Keth
Rank
Anyone who has done the event once would only need to do it to unlock the drone in the store and would release it in the respective level of the other drone, example: if the player did the entire 2k20 spaceball he'll only have to get the drone and he'll turn in the store at the maximum level
I see the spaceball drone as exclusive to each year with football event so giving the achievement from 2020 in 2021 isn't the best idea

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Hope devs add all nations fun drones,spaceball fun drone,2k20 fun drone to shop during event ^^

After tmrw changes this new fun drone looks bad...
Increases hit chance and reduces item cooldown times of your ship by up to 5%!

pumpkin got buff to 7.5 same as cd drone,what point then have this new one if he is wors ?
Sure there is 2 bonuses on one slot,but take 75% more enrgy and better use 2 slots for 7.5% like this for me ^^

I just need nations fun drones,dont care abaut this new and whole event,so hope devs up them for extra money from me ^^
Cherrs

Tketh

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
T-Keth
Rank
simple, new drone gives 2 buff instead of 1 therefore 5% and the older single buff drones improved to 7.5% so they don't get dust on the hangar ;)

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
pumpkin got buff to 7.5 same as cd drone,what point then have this new one if he is wors ?
Sure there is 2 bonuses on one slot,but take 75% more enrgy and better use 2 slots for 7.5% like this for me ^^
simple, new drone gives 2 buff instead of 1 therefore 5% and the older single buff drones improved to 7.5% so they don't get dust on the hangar ;)
This may be but why didn´t such buff happen for all the other "single buff drones" so far? Currently with the 2k21 drone only the Pumpkin Drone got a buff but the CD drone didn´t?

Basically SSG does foreshadow now that the other drones might receive such a small buff as well to "outclass the dual buff drones". Even if a buff is slightly better it is more usefull to go for the buffed drone then for a drone that has 2 skills with worse buffs. So why now go for the Spaceballdrone if at some point the CD drone might receive the incerase as well?

dontbelive

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Emiya
Rank
That's great. I'm glad the 2k21 drone has 5% and the other single drone has 7.5%.

Or else the 2k21 drone would be too OP.

As I calculated the sirius long speed gives you 8% and the single drone rda it's nearly the same. If the 2k21 drone have this kind of boost too it would be to much OP combined with the 2k20 drone and the normal SPACEBALL drone.

Verdene

Senior Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Verdene
Rank
Hello Pilots :3

The regular Spaceball drone from the oldest events have been with us for quite a time so there is not a real point to give the buff to the drones that are already dropping from regular Mantis on the planets and became the drones "for the beginners", meanwhile Spaceball Drone can be bought easily for Gold when any Spaceball event is running or during the Black Friday sales. However, energy costs have been increased in that matter so that You have to pay more of energy to be able to maintain its usage. That's already a big disadvantage of them for players having no membership.

Meanwhile the situation with Spaceball Pirate Drone is simple as Alien Pumpkin Drone and RDA-01 Cooldown Drone are the ones from another events. They have been buffed so that they will not get obsolete and Pilots might get them if they want to achieve better effect of corresponding statistic increase.

We have different kind of events in Pirate Galaxy though. Some are for players that prefer to cash to get the price, some are competitive and challenging and some are farm-based. Spaceball Event is the one that is pretty hard to make and repetitive, however You can easily buy the max-level drone from the Gold shop. But don't expect every event to be similar to Christmas one or Easter, as there are events that will require more effort than other ones, and buying everything with Gold was always an option. That's why the Boosters are there to fulfill Your gameplay time, even if You bought the Event items in the shop. But there is another option, as T-Keth mentioned. You don't need to put your effort in the event anyways and you don't need to buy this drone for Gold either. It's your choice what you are doing in the game and how you play it. If you feel that it's not worth to play the event, just pass it :)

Kind regards.

NinjaFlow

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
- Loq -
Rank
Clan
-Golfos del Universo-
I don't consider the spaceball event difficult but demotivating, it only comes to leave the player unmotivated to continue in this game, and from your line of reasoning demonstrates to me that the unique purpose of Split is to get the most money out of us with these boring events that make us buy in gold, and when they withdraw enough, they will close the game.
What I can see is that this game is losing more and more players because it's simply always the same and there's nothing new, my server as an example is on the verge of death.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
This may be but why didn´t such buff happen for all the other "single buff drones" so far? Currently with the 2k21 drone only the Pumpkin Drone got a buff but the CD drone didn´t?

Basically SSG does foreshadow now that the other drones might receive such a small buff as well to "outclass the dual buff drones". Even if a buff is slightly better it is more usefull to go for the buffed drone then for a drone that has 2 skills with worse buffs. So why now go for the Spaceballdrone if at some point the CD drone might receive the incerase as well?
He get too : The RDA-01 Cooldown Drone's cooldown reduction boost has increased from up to 5% (max drone level) to up to 7.5% (max drone level).

And also assasine got buff from 5% to 10%,same as armor drone when come new 2k20 drone.

Looks like all old single drones get buffs when come new fun drones :ROFLMAO:

And i agree,special on 2k21 drone.I dont use pumpkin becouse no need accuracy on sb,os or when you have aim pc.
Is too low %,better use cd drone and 2k20 or single assasine.

5% accuracy is nothing,special on ship like punisher or legion,better have 7.5% cd drone ...

Not so sure who use pumpkin when all rdx ships or parsecs dont have any problem with accuracy,they have or os who dont need acc,or aim pc ^^
Much more will be 2.5% cd's like 2-3 blaster less miss ...

For me new 2k21 is useless,but im glad to have buffed cd drone ^^

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
And also assasine got buff from 5% to 10%,same as armor drone when come new 2k20 drone.
Well they had to adjust the single drones to the multi drones cus whats the point using a single buff drone with a worse buff when you can have a multidrone with a superior buff lol.

He get too : The RDA-01 Cooldown Drone's cooldown reduction boost has increased from up to 5% (max drone level) to up to 7.5% (max drone level).
Yeah i somehow messed it up and made a switcharo but it was 0:16AM so i have an lazy excuse for that :sweatgrinning:

5% accuracy is nothing,special on ship like punisher or legion,better have 7.5% cd drone ...
The feelings go different routes here cus some players belive that accuracy is tied to some degree to crit as well while others say it is only for the reduction of misses and does nothing else. However the more reduced cd will easily overcome the lack of accuracy due of 0.whatever less frames and i hope the server can handle this reduction... looking at you white RD item that shows active but does nothing and situation where items are skiped and we have "empty rounds"

I dont use pumpkin becouse no need accuracy on sb,os or when you have aim
For everything AoE related (Mine, OS and Bomb) yes. Exception is Sticky that can miss if attached to a unit that uses aim scram (yeah sounds crazy but it is true that the scram can mess a stick up and it hits nothing:unsure:) and SB has a chance to miss if a unit has an active Scram. I had so far a few situations where the SB did not hit the unit with an active aim scram and mostly i have seen it at the TC planets happen where the DR SB misses even Venar units with Scram.

Razzorkill

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Razzorkill
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Well back to the actual topic that I questioned for the devs; Is it going to be up for sales during event?