What's new

Something Something about (re-newing) Boosters

Should days be added to an existing Booster if we rebuy it manually?

• I always wondered why PG not has such an Mechanic so yes please add it

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • I don´t really care if it is there or not cus i use the Auto-Renewal for my 5% discount

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
After some longer time of not suggesting anything today in the chat something came up that for some reason seems never to have been addressed for some reason.

The thing is the current Situation with Boosters and the way they can be renewed.

The Situation:
At the moment Boosters can either be just replaced by another booster and the timer will be reset to either 3 hours or 30 days. The only exception is if you have an active 30 day Booster it will be "paused" if you activate a 3 hour booster and when the 3 hour booster ends the 30 Booster continues where it has been paused.

But then there is another Situation that you have an active 30/90/180 day Booster and a Sale is around the Corner (Black Friday in this case) and you notice that your current Booster still has a bunch of days left so that your Booster will end AFTER the Sale did end and you can not enjoy the discount in this moment.

In theory you can replace your current Booster with the smallest one for lowest costs and then replace this one directly again with the one you wanted to "renew" for the discounted price and in the end waste your gold over this way.

Sure we have an Discount of 5% if we set the auto renewal option but this is still less saved as we could receive a booster during a Sale.

The Idea:
I would suggest here that we can renew the same Booster manually and simply pay the price it costs at the given time. The 5% renewal Discount could still exist so that during no discount times we still can safe a bit of Gold outside of discounts.

To give an actuall example i have currently the (180) Ult MS running and it will have 31-29 days left when Black Friday is happening. This means i would have to see how much discount the Ult MS will have and how much the Enhanced MS to see if i would benefit from replacing it just to get the Ult MS with 180 days again.

If it would not save anything i would pay the full price around 1 month later if not another discount is around or have to wait until an Discount is happening again. If we would have the option to "re-buy" the same Booster again (180 day Ult MS in my case) it should simply add the 180 days to the remaining time (31 if rebuyed at the day of the Discount) so that the time just is extended but not lost

This would of course not work if you completly replace your booster with another one like for example you have the Enhanced Booster and wanna upgrade it to the Elite Booster. In this case the whole time will be replaced with the new Booster and it will prevent something like buy several times the smallest booster to have x days and then just buy the top booster for the duration.

The other way around aka downgrading your booster will not replace it completly but will add the remaining time of the current higher booster even when it would make no sense to replace a higher booster with a lower one imo.

Only exception here should (maybe) be the Ult and Super MS because in their Core they have the same effect and the difference is just the reduced E-Usage for self-mat. Here i see no real issue cus the Super MS would only make sense to buy/use during a sale so that it may end on the price for the Ult MS.

The Final Thought:
In order to prevent an eventuall "lifetime charging" of the boosters it should give an absolute limit of how many days you can have for each booster and i would say that for the regular Boosters the Limit should be 60 days and for the Memberships it should be 210. Over this way it can be prevented that Pilots simply buy 10x the same booster to have 300 days of Booster X or years of MS cus it would destroy the economy for Split as regular income so that even when a booster just has been renewed you will not waste any days when a sale is happening.

Regards - Vesp

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
@Highway
Will you make an update for that or not? If yes, do you plan it for this sale or you need more time to implement this?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
We need more time to implement such feature. But we surely look into this in a upcoming update.

TheExecutor

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alert706
Rank
@Highway Would there be some form of compensation package for those pilots off the last recent black friday sale who lost time on numerous boosters including membership to just save a wee bit of gold?

Verdene

Senior Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Verdene
Rank
@Highway Would there be some form of compensation package for those pilots off the last recent black friday sale who lost time on numerous boosters including membership to just save a wee bit of gold?
Hello Pilot :3

Unfortunately I have to tell You that the compensations like those You mentioned can't happen. However the incoming feature will be the fix of such problems You explained :3

TheExecutor

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alert706
Rank
Interesting, Thank you Verdene.

It is truely a shame that a simple script can not be run for players who during a certain period bought X packages and then even say 15-20% of the gold those players have used be added back to there accounts...

As you have mentioned tho, it cant be done or simply dont want to appreciate the community of players that help support the game. Just my opinion ofcourse that is how it feels to the community.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Hello Pilot :3

Unfortunately I have to tell You that the compensations like those You mentioned can't happen. However the incoming feature will be the fix of such problems You explained :3
Interesting, Thank you Verdene.

It is truely a shame that a simple script can not be run for players who during a certain period bought X packages and then even say 15-20% of the gold those players have used be added back to there accounts...

As you have mentioned tho, it cant be done or simply dont want to appreciate the community of players that help support the game. Just my opinion ofcourse that is how it feels to the community.
I think the best they can do at this point is eventually give a discount during Christmas over the time of 24.12. - 26.12. as "compensation" In the end i can understand their decision if it is not possible cus tbh for 11 years (in 4 monts it will be 12 years already) no one ever cared about the current system and always excepted the facts until a wild Vesp shows up and throws around with that Idea to improvise the system for such occurances.

Btw @Highway did you set an actuall limit on how many days each booster can have cus in the screen with the Membership it shows already that it will run for more then 1 year and with the added time it would then have 417 days of actuall run time. Just asking cus i mentioned in my idea that an limit of days may be a good course to prevent "lifetime purchases" what might in return lead to an reduced income each month.