What's new

Something is going bad...

Serge

Reaction score
Hello dear users of forum and an administration of it.
In this discussion I'll write:

"Why new, fresh players don't come?"
"Why the old elite is leaving this game?'
"What's bad in Pirate Galaxy?"

Ok then I will start from: Why new players don't come or they are leaving this game so fast?:
- This game gives about no fun. It makes angry if you die so fast or mission is too hard for make it alone.
- Nothing special for fresh ones. Owners of other games wants to keep players and they gives for them special things, like 1 week of premium.
- They need spend too much time for get crio or anything other.

Next one topic will be: Why the old elite of Pirate Galaxy is leaving it? Answer is so short they are getting b o r e d...
- You give us nothing. No more fun from this game. Events are so hard or need so much time for done them. And by the way, last Crio Weekend Event i remember from time when i was in Mizar.. some months ago
- Need to spend too much time on this game for shoot: crio, bps... Not everyone has time for it. People just change game to other what doesn't need than much time to be Elite

Ok we're about finish: What is bad in this game? What makes pilots angry?
- One thing is sure. We want more activ Game Masters. How we can resolve problem if they are ever off?
- Rockeeters / Parasites on Sirius. You can shoot and shoot but they mostly refresh hp, it makes so angry..
- Bugs.. Lags... make impossible to play this game
- Missions are to hard. You cannot keep pilots if missions are too hard for make it. They get bored and just leave the game.
- What about Tau Ceti? Like for now best ship and bp has name "nothing".

Now i want give you idea for new thing. Could be nice if like in most of other games, an owner could make functions of clan, give then name, permissions.

And for finish talking with Hindmost2:
"Why the old elite is leaving game? Your opinion."
"Bored i Guess. Nothing new for ages would be my main point i think"

Now few Hindmost's words about game:
"Tau Ceti was not fun:
-No new ships and tech
-Crio drop rate is less than sirius
-Mission that keep changin
- Hard to fly with sirius ship"

Ok that's all. Before write it i spoke with Razgriz, Sambal, Hindmost2. Thank you for read. Remember to leave the comment ;-)
Greetings from Kalgan - Serge.

Eletronicrythem

Reaction score
LIKE i was 2 year not only and know the game didnt change nothing ..... its realy..... are you guys from Split drinking caffe and smoke ziggar´s sorry guys it realy makes me unhappy to see a game like this No GM and no changes ...

LIKE LIKE LIKE SERGE

paljr

Reaction score
How about piss poor gameplay where you fight lag more than mantis....ALWAYS poor connection coming up then getting disconnected along with game just plain crashing in the middle of..(insert your fancy here) ...Always something going on interfering with your ability to play the game...i.e. the game is no longer fun and we cannot forget Tau Ceti..4 missions and nothing else. SAD SAD SAD

Serge

Reaction score
Thanks for reaction guys! :D And others comment comment and comment! ^^ 'Every action give a reaction'

Rocomander-XXX

Reaction score
Well,what can I say,this is right on the mark.This game was good,was fun to play,but now it is so difficult because of lag,poor cryonite drop amd not even mention Sirius system.Sirius system has to be re-design because the way it is right now will not do.Also when it comes to BP drops,it's so so boring.Normal bp's should drop like water and the cryonite aswell.Every kill have to give normal bp and cryonite.Golden bp's should drop every 5-10 kill's in any of the systems.If these doesn't change,I will garanty that Pirate Galaxy will stop to be.
My advise for the Sirius system is this:The plante's should not blow up,they should stay.Every ring should have 8 diffrent plante's that give each a diffrent bp.After u finish 8 missiom on each planet's,ur clan can start looking fo the bp's.
The ships:The ship are too expencieve to buy and too expencieve to equipt ,that has to change also.
Level of ships:How come a Sirius ship can be stun in Tau City?That is so stupit.Sirius suppose to the elite ship but that is far from the truth.Also because ur ship is from the higher level,u loose 15-20% of cryonite drop is also a very stupit idea.If Split Screen want to save PG(Pirate Galaxy),take my recomendation and put it in to the game in 3 month's time.Then PG(Pirate Galaxy) will be fun to play again,

Thank u very much,signing off:
Rocomander-XXX,Admiral of Spartan125.

nachoninja

Reaction score
I started playing PG in 2010, at first I really enjoyed it, The missions were great. It was really good to be able to work together with friends or if no one was online, you could do things solo. The one thing I liked about it was you only needed 1 BP to get an item for your ship, was less drop rate but when you finally got the BP you were really excited to get it. Now with having to collect so many BP's makes it more exhausting than exciting.
I also really enjoyed being able to do things solo when there was no one online. I moved away from America while I was playing this game so when I was able to get online and play, most of my clan mates and friends were sleeping hence the time zone differences. So how disappointed I was when Sirius came out. You can not possibly do any of them solo. I know on the lower systems they had missions that were easier if you did them together as a squad but they were still solo-able. When I played, I actually did not start paying to play till I got to the sol system. Once there it got very difficult to maintain keeping your cryo cause you lose so much when you die and you run out of energy too fast. Also things started getting very expensive and it was hard to keep playing as I do have a normal life. I love to play video games for fun, I play them on my leisure time. I have a family and a business to run so when I do have time, I like to unwind playing games. I do not have time to grind for hours and hours. and here is the kicker on that. From one business owner to another. The secret is not how much little money you can make fast to line your greedy pockets. Think about it, Who would you rather want spending their money on your business. The young kid begging for mommy and daddies credit card to spend on a bit of cryo or membership here and there or the working class who have disposable income who do have to work in order to make money to spend on games like this. Maybe if you took some time and listened to your customers, you would be steady making good money instead of just a bit of money. In business the costumer is always right. So why do I see in all the forums here that so many customers are complaining and no one is there to fix the problems nor is anyone online answering any questions. I stopped playing this game, but just sign in from time to time to see if anything has changed. All I have seen is the servers dead with barely anyone playing and the ones who are just complain about the same problems of the veteran players. You are losing a battle to be competitive. There are so many games now just like this one that offer log in bonuses and free things and great events and balanced battles and even SOLO play. Its a real pity cause I was spending quite a lot on this game but you lost yet another paying customer. There are so many better games than this one now and thats a real pity.

Regards,

Nachoninja

Serge

Reaction score
By the way.. actually i mean about leave this game too and some my buddies think about leave or other log only for look how is game and they don't do anything more... Hmm one more thing, so STUPID thing... I was shooting event on Vega for buddy and it is thing what u need to change SplitScreen Studio.. i died on Aurora and got to Colossus' Hangar really? change it for Phobos.. waste of time and energy (jumps) ...

HyDroxYl

Reaction score
Super old veteran checking in. I was part of the first generation. Personally I left PG for good when the developers changed the game in something worse. You might not know this, but they revolutionized the steering system and added the BP drop system after a HUGE negative feedback/response from the community.
They didn't care at all. So I stopped caring too and I stopped giving them money.

Some time ago there was a great guy who was in touch with the community like everyday. His name was Delloda, and under him PG experienced the golden times regarding communication and I think overally. Astraeus continued after him, and he was a great guy too. Now, there is actually no one who is supposed to be in touch with the players.

The game is dying/is dead. I can tell you this by comparing it to the game that I remember. Frankly I even doubt the devs will do anything else to this game, most of them moved to other games/projects and they are keeping PG alive as long as it is profitable for them = people spending money.

God, I have so much nostalgia about this game. I miss the times when there were 20+ people online in clans, where you had to call your friends to pod some random dude, when there were races to the top of earth, when you could shoot a random mantis that was annoying you and WHAT A RARE BP. Now when that happens, you are like, oh look a rare bp, now I only need 30 more to get the item.

This post might get banned/deleted, since the amount of truth in it is dangerously high. And on this forum censorship is nothing new.

Good luck to you fellas, thanks for reading if you did.

Nickt

Reaction score
I'm back to game after half year break.
Nothing new, nothing change. Or maybe only one thing. Now I can't find players on older systems.
Game slowly dying, and nobody care about it.
I know, that game owners don't care now.
Logoff me now, or in few seconds? :D
Or maybe I will logoff myself :D

Firebrand1

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Firebrand
Rank
I think most of what I have to say has already been said, however I find it extremely sad that this game had so much potential in 2010, and bad business decisions led to this. 2-3 years ago, these forums were buzzing with activity, now I can pretty much hear crickets chirping. There are threads that haven't been active in months, even YEARS (this thread actually being one of them!). That should say a lot about what's been happening. I wonder if the servers are as deserted.

I left this game because it just got so repetitive, grindy, and boring, it just wasn't fun anymore. I literally spent a year in Sol because the moon missions were impossible without help, and I could find none half the time. Then Draconis came out, and the very first planet was worse than the moon. I think I left around the time Sirius came out, maybe a little after, I just had no will to play anymore. Everything was "grind grind grind, oh, you got one part out of 15 for a blueprint after 2 days of grinding!", and that's what killed it for me.

Don't get me wrong, I have very fond memories of this game, and the people I played it with up until I left, but it got to a point where I was just like "what's the point? basically all I do is grind for a pebble to make a boulder." When I started playing in 2010, you only had to grind for 1 part and you had the blueprint. You didn't have to grind 3 days to get 1 part for a bp that required 12 parts to complete.

I would seriously love to come back and play this again, but it doesn't seem to have changed for the better very much.

Also, HyDroxYl pretty much hit the nail on the head with that one. I'd completely forgotten about that whole steering system debacle. He's right, they added it, and the new bp system, even after the community was basically ripping their hair out saying they didn't want either. I miss the game this used to be, before they updated all this stuff that literally no one wanted... :(

Gon

Reaction score
I wonder if there will be any update in the future. Yeah, it was a nice game, but unfortunately it's past now. Game isn't fun any more. I don't know why SSG keeps this game alive, probably we still have some nice "donors" here. Update can't revive this game, it needs overhaul to make it enjoyable once again. I think there aren't any games like PG any more.

DaRK_XePHoN

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Shankz
Rank
Clan
Hotblaster-jr
I was a player since 2009 (from Aurora Server), I made a break when they changed the BP drop system and steering system, then I came up again some more time, but the things went worst I became Sirius, and I played the Tau Ceti "thing", then all was stopped, the events are awful, no comunicacion from GM or Staff, so I was bored and I found something new for me to play and I bought another game.

So bye, bye SplitScreen you this could have ben an epic game if you worked well, now I think it will die.

LivlyGhost

Reaction score
Whats wrong with this game you ask, why are new players AND old players leaving:
- Sirius was born and so started to deteriate the game as all Ancient is making things to easy in stories for old players... So SSG "fix" or "Harden" the missions but as new players lack the ancient stuff get out powered by these fixes. Sirius as is now is the death stab for PG with some issues SSG has.
- As SSG is incapable to fix things they intent to make things harder... Example, They make a drone, lets say armor drone, nice event ;) But then all parsecs suddenly lose armor and its called a "fix", if you got the drone or not, stil armor is lowered for all... Same with damage drone: Less player damage, BP drone: Less BP drop, Cry Plus drone: Pathetic cry drop in all systems, etc... These fixes make it harder for lower players to obtain cry and bps they need to proceed... Old players dont even go to lower systems to grind as Sirius is the less pathetic drop place of cry... How to check if your armor is bad ? Get a Sirius Parsec healed by a Draconis ZP repair target and you see its not hard to keep it alive at all... Armor is just bad...
- The living area of mantis is expanded as old players report boredome... Is see harvies in places I have never seen. Is ok ... Except... The engineer on CC now spawns in the middle of the parasites opposite the wall, you cant get in time to him so he pods and missions fails, unless you have outside support killing the parasites... New players dont like these buggs... Old players dont come there so dont notice theyr plee for more "danger" is disapointing new players... Same with the "Fix" On Gazica's Hive ship attack mission... Pathetic fix... Alos DS attacks outside the city spawned Buamarian defenders in Help fighters mission...
- As more complain about lvl 56 players been boosted to Sirius by older players, things are changed as stun stuns even if stunner dies, splash is widened, mantis awareness is sharpened, game gets laggier and laggier , this all must be fun for old players but the new ones cant finish theyr missions anymore...
- More and more resurectors, paralizers and commanders are placed in maps where even good old players with system ships get in to trouble doing missions...
- More and more GMs run in a straight line away from this game as they get acuanted with the "working system" between the players and SSG. Nobody wants to talk clean a system that dont work in to infinity...
- Askone server I visit frequently, Has only 1 real helping GM as I noticed, others are new or wel not so often online... Xhindii ROCKS ! Never seen a person been so frequently bothered about game bugs, mission buggs and keep listening patiently and giving subtal pointers on how to ""think outside the box" to fix your issue... Thank god the refural to "Make a tickett" has stopped as it was USELESS. I say Xhindii for president ! :D hihihihi Respect is what GMs deserve from all players, but most from SSG not helping fixing bugs and placing GMs in the line of fire for them ! For those not understanding what a GM does, try to think on resent bugs that got "fixed" and no GM there to complain about them, You all know by now a ticket dont work. This game would realy be empty, if there is no GM to check out your complaints, dont you think ?
- Old events get recalled and for new players must be fun. Now we got space ball. How disapointing is it for old players to see the same old bloody bugs by name beying in this event friendly NPC fire rendering your fire useless... And lets not forget resent old events also starting with old bugss... Like outside event mantis healing and resurecting event mantis, etc ,etc ,etc.. Should not be happening if you got any affection for this game...
- How disapointing is it for the new tagret market players from Brasil as they can not obtain by missions the Brasil drone as they are not in Hive yet ? Dont wory new players, even strong players can not do this one solo before match started yesterday ! A New player of age 8 cant get to TC to get his spain drone ... I know more and more young people play PG and dont have money to pay for the drone that is out of their reach because of level... Is a not so smart event if you ask me fi you want to promote your game and devotion to it...
- How weird is it for a game producer that always needs cash (i do to lol) not to inlcude lets say BP tracker to get more drone bps, there for promoting the sell of a good BP tracker ? Promote speed booster etc.. etc.. etc.. Should be happy hour for 30 days if you want to promote your game...
- SSG wants us to like PG in Facebook, but shifted their focus on twitter... Both media dont give any info on anything, ranging from rules of a event or fixes they made or intent to make... Seems to me as uninformed client they make up the rules as they go ... Not very reinsuring...
- CQ Was changed from free for all, enter at own risk to: buy your way in 25 vs 25 max... Total boredome was uphand and i havent played a CQ beyond this "fix". the cry benefit you got in that CQ planet system was changed for gravitons...
- Pirate mode was changed from on/off while not under fire to get kiled to get it off... This in my opinion rendered PM totaly useless...
- Alliances where strong as people looekd after their own alliance members. Now its more beneficial to NOT be in a alliance, specialy if alliance are on the same Sriius Ring 5 planet occupiying same instance... There is more benefit as in more Cry from giza, posible beter bosses like DSes and more BP drops (more giza spawns) to not be in a alliance but to make mixed clan squads...
- Bugs are not tackled, but new ones get in he way of game play after every "fix" implimented

These are the reasons why I think this game is loosing players of all levels at an alarming rate...
I also think nobody wil read this as the ones that woudl agree or disagree already left this game and dont read this forum anymore...

I personaly think Pirate Galaxy is one of the best games I ever played and i played a lot of games, as I am old !
Specialy if you know this its a browser game ! So good graphics it had, now i cant see as I just lagg out of the game if I set any higher then square blocks, and I got a kick ass machine !
PG is the game I got PayPal for... Now I use paypal for other purposes then PG as I dont think a producer deserves support if they dont give some effort of any kind to its clients as i do to urn my money for my boss.

This is my 2 cents on your questions m8
I have seen very good people not return to this game even now... So sad... So much laughter and fun gone because of "shifted priorities"...
I feel real sad as I log in late at night and see a alliance of about 120 players only have 5 or 6 people online whome all do their own thing as flying together is not beneficail for any...
The most sad i feel to know even if all was to be fixed today, none of my old pals would come back or the ones leaving now would stay...
So sad :(

ps.: See if I like the game: i can do solo all missions up to Mizar Memories with out any support and with no membership or what ever... After this missions I only need help in Draconis as last Mizar and Sol is solo duable to...
I stayed for a long time in Sirius even Ring 5 as a 1 member clan... Sometimes I helped to do CMs (Clan missions) sometimes I got help to fly on... I got ships from Vega to Sirius, Obsidion, BlackGranite, Parsec Storm and Constructor... All grinded honeslty... For those encouraging me to continue I say thank you all ! Sorry to disapoint you as I probably wil be banned because of this post...
I have multiple databases on my desktop with all bps, paint stil needed for some accounts, got sheets where I keep track of mys ships and what bps they still ened if any... Got sheets tracking relations ships between CMs and Bases...
I write this not to slap my chest but to let you know how mutch I care about the game and fun we had toghether ;) Thanks all even including SSG ;)

A bit lengthy but you cant write 6 years of fun gaming and problems ahead in 1 line unless to be realy unfriendly to somebody...

Obitus

Reaction score
HyDroxYl said:
Super old veteran checking in. I was part of the first generation. Personally I left PG for good when the developers changed the game in something worse. You might not know this, but they revolutionized the steering system and added the BP drop system after a HUGE negative feedback/response from the community.
They didn't care at all. So I stopped caring too and I stopped giving them money.

Some time ago there was a great guy who was in touch with the community like everyday. His name was Delloda, and under him PG experienced the golden times regarding communication and I think overally. Astraeus continued after him, and he was a great guy too. Now, there is actually no one who is supposed to be in touch with the players.

The game is dying/is dead. I can tell you this by comparing it to the game that I remember. Frankly I even doubt the devs will do anything else to this game, most of them moved to other games/projects and they are keeping PG alive as long as it is profitable for them = people spending money.

God, I have so much nostalgia about this game. I miss the times when there were 20+ people online in clans, where you had to call your friends to pod some random dude, when there were races to the top of earth, when you could shoot a random mantis that was annoying you and WHAT A RARE BP. Now when that happens, you are like, oh look a rare bp, now I only need 30 more to get the item.

This post might get banned/deleted, since the amount of truth in it is dangerously high. And on this forum censorship is nothing new.

Good luck to you fellas, thanks for reading if you did.
I won't lie. I haven't been playing since 2010. Not even 2011. My first account was 2012 and I stopped after a month. Then I came back for stupid reasons. If we were to stop and look at the events, we would see that all the events are repeats of old events--designed to be repeats so the devs only have to translate a few things here and there. I play 3-4 games actively. While I won't name them because I like my account, they all update weekly. They have daily server restarts to ensure the lag isn't crappy. They have more everything and considering 2 of them are run by EA (the most devious company towards money), that says something. I will continue to play on an inactive basis; coming online to help in CQ's, ect. But these events are crap, the game is dying and maybe 3 months from dead, and I miss GM Sundays.

P.S. Don't do invasions when your server can't support them. You get more pissed of players then anything.

Tyrannus

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Sol-
Rank
Pretty much agree with everything that has been stated here.

Dev interaction with us players does not seem to happen all that much (if at all), which I think also serves as a catalyst to the already deteriorating playerbase. We need anything that will keep us going in this game, so any kind of interaction (heck, just any info on what is to come) would definitely give us something to look forward to (or evaluate whether the direction the devs are taking with the game is a good or bad one).

Players are getting bored, and I don't blame them at all. It's been a year since
this, and on top of that, around 3 years since the release of Sirius itself, and then nothing. No update on development progress or anything, with the occasional update here and there, but ultimately, no updates on current focuses in terms of development.

Large updates (eg, new system) do not normally take this long, so I am either presuming the devs have completely stopped working on this game, and are only throwing past events into the game to give us something to do, are stalling the updates to 'hype' us (which seems unlikely). Or, they're working on something big, which they're hiding from us to surprise us (which I'm hoping for, but seems incredibly unlikely too).

In the end, no updates on progress = boring game. Sirius itself is repetitive and dull. Jump to new planet, complete missions, collect quarcs, kill enemies, see if they drop anything worthwhile, repeat. Which has also been what players have been doing since the release of Sirius. TC hasn't changed anything, since it's incomplete, has half a map, no bps, no ships, so with its release, nothing changed.

So the biggest issues that I'm seeing is the almost non-existent dev to player interaction. Updates in development progress (to at least show that they're alive and kicking), and the incredibly long periods of time without any kind of updates.

We need more of these in my opinion. Hints at what's being worked on.

So big questions that need answering: Is anything being worked on? When do we expect to see something, if at all?

If these don't change, then players will continue to leave the game.

Here's to hoping something happens soon... :(

-Cheers.

-Tyrannus/-Sol-

javiervv

Reaction score
disculpen las molestias.
se q algunos gm hablan español tambien.. alguno sabe xq los servidores estan offline.?

ON_ur_SYX

Reaction score
Avenging Angel said:
There is alway room for much improvements, Why not start opening up more sol planets also, making extra missions out of there or even extra cq planets different to the current ones but not replacing the old ones
More planets in sol? Oo they already have planets that aren't being used

ON_ur_SYX

Reaction score
LivlyGhost said:
Whats wrong with this game you ask, why are new players AND old players leaving:
- Sirius was born and so started to deteriate the game as all Ancient is making things to easy in stories for old players... So SSG "fix" or "Harden" the missions but as new players lack the ancient stuff get out powered by these fixes. Sirius as is now is the death stab for PG with some issues SSG has.
- As SSG is incapable to fix things they intent to make things harder... Example, They make a drone, lets say armor drone, nice event ;) But then all parsecs suddenly lose armor and its called a "fix", if you got the drone or not, stil armor is lowered for all... Same with damage drone: Less player damage, BP drone: Less BP drop, Cry Plus drone: Pathetic cry drop in all systems, etc... These fixes make it harder for lower players to obtain cry and bps they need to proceed... Old players dont even go to lower systems to grind as Sirius is the less pathetic drop place of cry... How to check if your armor is bad ? Get a Sirius Parsec healed by a Draconis ZP repair target and you see its not hard to keep it alive at all... Armor is just bad...
- The living area of mantis is expanded as old players report boredome... Is see harvies in places I have never seen. Is ok ... Except... The engineer on CC now spawns in the middle of the parasites opposite the wall, you cant get in time to him so he pods and missions fails, unless you have outside support killing the parasites... New players dont like these buggs... Old players dont come there so dont notice theyr plee for more "danger" is disapointing new players... Same with the "Fix" On Gazica's Hive ship attack mission... Pathetic fix... Alos DS attacks outside the city spawned Buamarian defenders in Help fighters mission...
- As more complain about lvl 56 players been boosted to Sirius by older players, things are changed as stun stuns even if stunner dies, splash is widened, mantis awareness is sharpened, game gets laggier and laggier , this all must be fun for old players but the new ones cant finish theyr missions anymore...
- More and more resurectors, paralizers and commanders are placed in maps where even good old players with system ships get in to trouble doing missions...
- More and more GMs run in a straight line away from this game as they get acuanted with the "working system" between the players and SSG. Nobody wants to talk clean a system that dont work in to infinity...
- Askone server I visit frequently, Has only 1 real helping GM as I noticed, others are new or wel not so often online... Xhindii ROCKS ! Never seen a person been so frequently bothered about game bugs, mission buggs and keep listening patiently and giving subtal pointers on how to ""think outside the box" to fix your issue... Thank god the refural to "Make a tickett" has stopped as it was USELESS. I say Xhindii for president ! :D hihihihi Respect is what GMs deserve from all players, but most from SSG not helping fixing bugs and placing GMs in the line of fire for them ! For those not understanding what a GM does, try to think on resent bugs that got "fixed" and no GM there to complain about them, You all know by now a ticket dont work. This game would realy be empty, if there is no GM to check out your complaints, dont you think ?
- Old events get recalled and for new players must be fun. Now we got space ball. How disapointing is it for old players to see the same old bloody bugs by name beying in this event friendly NPC fire rendering your fire useless... And lets not forget resent old events also starting with old bugss... Like outside event mantis healing and resurecting event mantis, etc ,etc ,etc.. Should not be happening if you got any affection for this game...
- How disapointing is it for the new tagret market players from Brasil as they can not obtain by missions the Brasil drone as they are not in Hive yet ? Dont wory new players, even strong players can not do this one solo before match started yesterday ! A New player of age 8 cant get to TC to get his spain drone ... I know more and more young people play PG and dont have money to pay for the drone that is out of their reach because of level... Is a not so smart event if you ask me fi you want to promote your game and devotion to it...
- How weird is it for a game producer that always needs cash (i do to lol) not to inlcude lets say BP tracker to get more drone bps, there for promoting the sell of a good BP tracker ? Promote speed booster etc.. etc.. etc.. Should be happy hour for 30 days if you want to promote your game...
- SSG wants us to like PG in Facebook, but shifted their focus on twitter... Both media dont give any info on anything, ranging from rules of a event or fixes they made or intent to make... Seems to me as uninformed client they make up the rules as they go ... Not very reinsuring...
- CQ Was changed from free for all, enter at own risk to: buy your way in 25 vs 25 max... Total boredome was uphand and i havent played a CQ beyond this "fix". the cry benefit you got in that CQ planet system was changed for gravitons...
- Pirate mode was changed from on/off while not under fire to get kiled to get it off... This in my opinion rendered PM totaly useless...
- Alliances where strong as people looekd after their own alliance members. Now its more beneficial to NOT be in a alliance, specialy if alliance are on the same Sriius Ring 5 planet occupiying same instance... There is more benefit as in more Cry from giza, posible beter bosses like DSes and more BP drops (more giza spawns) to not be in a alliance but to make mixed clan squads...
- Bugs are not tackled, but new ones get in he way of game play after every "fix" implimented

These are the reasons why I think this game is loosing players of all levels at an alarming rate...
I also think nobody wil read this as the ones that woudl agree or disagree already left this game and dont read this forum anymore...

I personaly think Pirate Galaxy is one of the best games I ever played and i played a lot of games, as I am old !
Specialy if you know this its a browser game ! So good graphics it had, now i cant see as I just lagg out of the game if I set any higher then square blocks, and I got a kick ass machine !
PG is the game I got PayPal for... Now I use paypal for other purposes then PG as I dont think a producer deserves support if they dont give some effort of any kind to its clients as i do to urn my money for my boss.

This is my 2 cents on your questions m8
I have seen very good people not return to this game even now... So sad... So much laughter and fun gone because of "shifted priorities"...
I feel real sad as I log in late at night and see a alliance of about 120 players only have 5 or 6 people online whome all do their own thing as flying together is not beneficail for any...
The most sad i feel to know even if all was to be fixed today, none of my old pals would come back or the ones leaving now would stay...
So sad :(

ps.: See if I like the game: i can do solo all missions up to Mizar Memories with out any support and with no membership or what ever... After this missions I only need help in Draconis as last Mizar and Sol is solo duable to...
I stayed for a long time in Sirius even Ring 5 as a 1 member clan... Sometimes I helped to do CMs (Clan missions) sometimes I got help to fly on... I got ships from Vega to Sirius, Obsidion, BlackGranite, Parsec Storm and Constructor... All grinded honeslty... For those encouraging me to continue I say thank you all ! Sorry to disapoint you as I probably wil be banned because of this post...
I have multiple databases on my desktop with all bps, paint stil needed for some accounts, got sheets where I keep track of mys ships and what bps they still ened if any... Got sheets tracking relations ships between CMs and Bases...
I write this not to slap my chest but to let you know how mutch I care about the game and fun we had toghether ;) Thanks all even including SSG ;)

A bit lengthy but you cant write 6 years of fun gaming and problems ahead in 1 line unless to be realy unfriendly to somebody...
Very nice post here livlyghost, i too miss the good ol' days