What's new

sirius npc + player ship balance off ?!

WRAITH1

Reaction score
just curious wht others think.

imo thers some weird balancing issues i noticed tht seem illogic in sirius.
-1st i can solo absis (ring 5 strong unit) in defender (draconis rare ship with few sirus and kenyte items) but with punisher i cant even get close (and i find most of punisher wepons redundand as when u stop use the rockets. for example u waste time u coulda fired blasters and the rocket damage is ridiculously low and misses too often)
had some leftover cryo (cause no ships dropped in 3+ months since i returned after 1 year) so i said i try a punisher i had bp for (even though i dont like rocket ships)= its slow,its an e hog,weapons are redundand,and gets killed quite fast....only advantage i noticed its kinda resistant to stuns and u can dance well with khons from distance....the idea is i find this ship also waay unbalanced (at least towards npcs)

-also its weird how i can solo npcs easier on r5 (for example horus) and on some r4 (which supposedly should b easier) i have a tough time shooting some of the lowest npcs.

mind u i have no boosters for firepower or deflectors or whtever and maybe not the best ships/equipment just seems kinda obvious sometimes tht something doesnt quite fit the (logical) picture.

like i said curious if any other find some things illogic (balance wise in sirius ,cause if i ask about illogic in general pg maybe whe have no room in forum for replies)

auto82

Reaction score
totally agree..

i have to say that i was never the first to play in sirius but ive heard alot of stories from the start of it.
ive been in sirius the past 5-6 moths and in that short time ive noticed tweeking stuff.

But in my experiance r4 even how illogical it is has allways been harder than r5. the stun slows you down, mantis often harder and more annoying.

but id say it has gotten worse after the armor and blaster nerf. Some ships (sirius) cant hold their own anymore.

riku

Reaction score
i agree, i have not punisher yet, but i have legion with long stun and strong repair droid.. you are not able solo anything with that..

rare defender with only kenyte items(havent installed sirius becouse cryo drop % rate) i can solo DS on ring 5 and abasis with no problem.. and all lower mantis exept boss what shoot 2 directions (they destroy turret)

also with terrorizer i can solo abasis, just barely... using stuns and agrobeacon. np.

legion, or parsec storm no way to do it

V1-Hyper

Reaction score
I don't find it very surprising you can solo an Abasis with a Defender but struggle with a Punisher.
The Abasis has high enough hitpoints not to allow for a quick enough kill, even with the Punisher's fire power. Hence, it comes down to sustained survivability and here the Defender can keep itself alive for long enough. The Punisher is trimmed for all-out fire power (well, almost) neglecting self-defence.

But imo that is part of the idea, offering some Hybrids with skills balanced towards the one or the other extreme. And with only 4 non-generic items to play with, some item combos cannot fulfill both, fire-power and self-defence. With some ships you best team up to compensate for neglected skills in order to profit from their own skills maximally.

Regarding R4 harder than R5:
Single enemy versus single enemy, R5 is clearly harder. I've visited 100s of R4 & R5 and know, for instance, with my Myst I can solo everything on R4, including any boss if they are isolated, though it demands all my skills. On R5 I can solo up to Odion (the hardest Strong Unit) if I give everything, but no Boss is possible.
You may get the impression of harder R4 because they tend to be more crowded, esp. Mantis planets?
Picking 1 at a time, it's possible killing a R4 Strong Unit with my Punisher. It'd be impossible on R5. (if you add boosters or gravitons, thing will look different ofc.)

Personally I find the difficulties of R1 - R3 have been increased noticably :sneaky:

handsanitizer

Reaction score
I feel bad for you people on askone lol. My punisher can solo abasis on solaria, and ring 4 mantis are much easier to solo... its surprising to me, maybe askone is broke or someones over reacting lol. My punisher doesnt even have a speed actuator, a very important piece, and It can solo abasis and ignomes, horus, isis, and all the tiny ones. I have cryo booster thats it.

V1-Hyper

Reaction score
:mrorange: I'd eat a broom if the enemies were not same strengths on all servers.
Seriously, I don't think Askone is any different to Solaria.

WRAITH1

Reaction score
V1-Hyper said:
I don't find it very surprising you can solo an Abasis with a Defender but struggle with a Punisher.
haha "struggle" tht would b acceptable would mean ud get close to killing it but i doubt i can even take 1/2 hp off it.

even if defender is a totally diferent category of ship....for me persoanlly its not logic tht the punisher which should b a at least a small step up.. only has the advantage of ignoring stuns. speed stinks hp actually not so great imo for tht speed.

-on a sidenote some ppl said domi is bout same speed as punisher ... couldnt find any sirius armour dominator speed info on ur guide.

as i mentioned before firepower would seem great cause u see all the offensive equipment but when i compare it to a ship where i stick a toothpick in 1(blaster) and playing the piano on punishers weapons (which is also stupidly illogic in set up 1 blaster 8 SB; i always assumed some orangutans programmed tht at sss cause my human hand cant reach 1 and 8) theres not much difference (but maybe i compared it only on the weak units cause dont have a strong blaster ship to tank a larger unit or i have the wrong equipment on punisher)

V1-Hyper said:
Regarding R4 harder than R5:
Single enemy versus single enemy, R5 is clearly harder.
You may get the impression of harder R4 because they tend to be more crowded, esp. Mantis planets?
could b, but not really studied it in depth. but i give u an example u see those mosquito phoenixes with so much HP isnt natural ..ok they wear a strap-on (gun) and should do more damage but having shoot at it so long to get it down is also weird.
(actually mantis planets i find easiest and most pleasant of all)
as for u soloing if my memory isnt bad i saw u in myst struggling on r3 even with help i saw u pod frequently on the RD boses...but i wont assume anything because i havent all info on why.

V1-Hyper

Reaction score
WRAITH1 said:
-on a sidenote some ppl said domi is bout same speed as punisher ... couldnt find any sirius armour dominator speed info on ur guide.
If you are referring to the flight speeds, I measured
Tank Class at 82.8 m/s (with Deluvian, regardless of system)
Punisher at 73.6 m/s (with Deluvian)
(found in all ship classes, link "more info")

A Domiantor with Advanced Sol armor would equal above Deluvian Tank. So Sirius-Dominator is 2 armors higher up. Methanoid-Punisher is 1 armor higher up. The flight speed may be MINIMALLY affected by the additional armor (I found Deluvian is faster than Thermo, is faster than Bulkware), but the trend will remain the same:
Domi is slightly faster than Punisher. (~12%)
That seems to tally well with my observations when my clan mate with a Sirius-Domi slightly overtakes me in a Meth-Punisher.

WRAITH1 said:
as for u soloing if my memory isnt bad i saw u in myst struggling on r3 even with help i saw u pod frequently on the RD boses...but i wont assume anything because i havent all info on why.
I don't remember that particular situation but I may have run out of E (currently I've had no membership) or been attacked by additional enemies, or the phone was ringing or who knows. R3-R4 bosses must usually be isolated and takes full concentration for me to solo them; that's why I wrote: "I can solo everything on R4, including any boss if they are isolated, though it demands all my skills." ;)

Best wishes
V1

Spoons

Reaction score
yes I think its appropriate that a ship, with the only thing to really defend itself (rockets), apart from a long cooldown attack, should have that extremely valuable cooldown miss more often and not give it any CC or defense abilities. That's how developers think, what history they have with video games blows my mind.

auto82

Reaction score
I can solo everything on R4 said:
are you still able to solo Maximus in r4? im abit curious. to me it seems like there have been some changes lately.
some months ago i was able to solo bosses in r3 with my domi but r4 bosses now days is way too hard for me.

i remember a year ago, 1 punisher and me in a meta-tank with hive tech didnt have any big problems taking a boss in r4. Now that is out of the question.

V1-Hyper

Reaction score
I've also noticed killing a R4 Maximus has become harder recently.
Though I can still solo a Maximus w/o any boost or graviton, I would sometimes fail, too.
I would call a R4 Maximus the absolute borderline of what I'm able in my Myst nowadays, equal to killing an Odion.