What's new

Ship & Items level restrictions

senkitan

Reaction score
When the Ship and items level restriction for missions will be removed?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
They will not be removed but corrected with the update tomorrow:
http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=513&t=39255

senkitan

Reaction score
Since you can't do f.e. Antares missions with ANTARES blueprints anymore, does this mean that SplitScreen wants us do Antares missions with top Vega ships till level restrictions alows us to use Antares tech?

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
The restriction is not for all Antares, only for Terasa. The other planet with restriction after the hotfix is Mars.

Build a new configuration (if you already got the ship) of buy a new ship with Thermograde armor (lvl21) and items from Terasa (max lvl 20) to do missions from that planet. For Mars you need a starter Sol ship with Deluvian armor (lvl55) and items from Mars (max lvl50) or Moon (max lvl55).

mismis

Reaction score
But why would you make this change? We have ancient system tech for nothing now?

Ridiculous imo.

senkitan

Reaction score
mismis said:
But why would you make this change? We have ancient system tech for nothing now?

Ridiculous imo.
Ridiculos? maybe not...
when will we see new "memberships" in item shop removing level restrictions on ships and items same as energy usage (this would have similiar effect as dmg/armor boosters)?
SplitScreen loves to have features that players pay for to get removed.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
mismis said:
We have ancient system tech for nothing now?
Restrictions for missions is ONLY at Terasa and Mars. ALL other planets, including CQs, challenges and Colossus doesn't have it. You can still use your rare/ancient tech on them.

I am not sure why they did these restrictions. Avoiding the overpowered rush is alleged.

flyfighter

Reaction score
In Gazica you will need a Thermograde ship (lvl65) with Gazica items (max lvl 65)
Gazica is between lvl 1 - 70 so no changes there!!

Antares - Teresa is indeed a strange system since u cannot use highest lvl tech/armor

Mars is how it should be a long time ago. Flying with lvl 60 ships on mars was no challange at all. So these new changes besides the change on Teresa are for the better.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
lol, I know, my mistake, I edited the post just a couple minutes before your. Thanks.

Wolf

Reaction score
This has been one of the m ost ridiculous updates the game could have ever done. this is beyound ridiculous. this is why the game is not receiving new players on solaria server and this surelly will make lots quit the game. it is IMPOSSIBLE to run "unwelcome guest" at antares without at least a squad of at least 4 people. and guess what? after they are stuck there, they will quit and the game will slowly die. as we all know, the game is made ONLY of old players. we rarely see newcomers even get to sol. THE GAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN NOT FRUSTRATING.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Well, I helped twice in "Unwelcome guest" with only 3 ppl in squad, and I think it is doable with 2 ppl and oc

null

Reaction score
Wolf said:
This has been one of the most ridiculous updates the game could have ever done. this is beyound ridiculous. this is why the game is not receiving new players on solaria server and this surelly will make lots quit the game. it is IMPOSSIBLE to run "unwelcome guest" at antares without at least a squad of at least 4 people. and guess what? after they are stuck there, they will quit and the game will slowly die. as we all know, the game is made ONLY of old players. we rarely see newcomers even get to sol. THE GAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN NOT FRUSTRATING.
Difficulty isn't something that is going to attract people to the game. Or, tech and ships that end up being nerfed without warning the player. I think the player should be able to make it to Molikar with trial and error effort instead of needing help (NEW player not OLD experienced player effort). The help Fighters Mission should be scrapped. The behemoth should be easier to kill in Antares. There are too few players actually playing on any server. At least that will help the few interested player in vega keep going.

Wolf

Reaction score
HGus said:
Well, I helped twice in "Unwelcome guest" with only 3 ppl in squad, and I think it is doable with 2 ppl and oc
This is the point. look how many stuff you needed to do it. plus you were not supposed to help anyone, newcomers should be able to do it by themselves.

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
I made it with two pilots in squad. But i gotta admit that i podded sometimes, and directly materialized myself with loads of energy. :sneaky:

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Wolf said:
you were not supposed to help anyone, newcomers should be able to do it by themselves.
Actually, from almost the beginning, you can find at least one mission per planet marked for "squad". They are not supposed to be done solo for newcomers (only experienced players with high tech).

Wolf

Reaction score
HGus said:
Wolf said:
you were not supposed to help anyone, newcomers should be able to do it by themselves.
Actually, from almost the beginning, you can find at least one mission per planet marked for "squad". They are not supposed to be done solo for newcomers (only experienced players with high tech).

It's hard to find anyone in lower system nowadays. good luck for newcomers trying to move up in the game (if there are still any left). but it's whatever, let them nerfs and stupid updates keep coming and soon we'll see PG closinig. doesn't seem Devs care about what players think anyways.

senkitan

Reaction score
After 3 months of absence, I have a question "When september update will be revoked?", because:
1. it was a nuisance to fight top level mantis on each planet with low items and ship armor (bulwark/thermogarde) just to level up.
2. lost my motivation to start over and play on another server since prasecs are out of reach due to level restrictions. f.e what use do I have for Mizar parsec at level 43? (first I must buy normal miz ship just to level up and around level 44 you are in sol).
3. haven't been playing often since that update = didn't spend any cash since then (hope it's a good reason for devs to listen to a player).