What's new

Servers population stats May 8 2023

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Population stats for every server based in ladder data on May 8th 2023 (a few hours before ladder reset)

Active: players with warscore.
Inactive: players without warscore still in the ladder.

Entry: active players in entry division (already included in other columns)

Code:
Server  + Active  + Inactive + Total + Entry
--------|---------|----------|-------|-------
Gaia    |   366   |    62    |  428  |  153
Askone  |   231   |    87    |  318  |   54
Korell  |   239   |    65    |  304  |   35
Aurora  |   156   |    84    |  240  |   27
Trantor |   115   |    79    |  194  |   14
Kalgan  |   119   |    64    |  183  |   18
Solaria |   116   |    41    |  157  |   35
Aeria   |    99   |    40    |  139  |   38
Enjoy!

serebus

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Serebus
Rank
Solaria ws ladder has not been reset for 3 weeks now for some reason, or is that a new thing

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
hmm 0 warscore, do you get entry in ladder always?

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
From what i have noticed if you did at least login you will get an entry in the WS list even without having shot anything aka 0 WS. Not sure if we also get an entry without playing the game when WS reset happens but considering that in theory more then 4 million registrations should be a thing the numbers are insanely low in compare to each other.

I mean in total it seems to give only 1.963 players who at least did login to the game during the ladder round. This would mean that from all 4 registrations only 0,05% of players did login and do some stuff.

Aside from that i assume that HGus did manually count the number of pilots on each server as i would have no other idea where he got this information from as i´m not aware about any offical server stat side/information that is available for anyone.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
For your interest, Just login doesn't give you a place in Entry Division. You need to kill anything with a rank no more than 15 levels below you to get any warscore. That means that inactive players from divisions 1 to 10 could have logged in the last week and Entry only counts players with warscore.

I got these stats only from ladder. I don't have access to internal server databases. But I think it is yet good to guess how much activity each server has and can be useful for players searching for more fun.

Here an example of the screenshots I take to buld the stats:

CoreWindowSecondary05082023_020502215.jpg

Last edited:

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
No in Entry Division. In other divisions they are just falling to the next below. That doesn't mean they were absolutely inactive. They could have logged in but not scoring, just doing stuff like farming in lower systems shooting stuff 15 levels below they installed top gear rank.
I cannot edit the first post anymore, maybe you or an admin can do it to clarify this point.

Here an example of division 10 in Solaria. Only 8 players got warscore, they were promoted to division 9. The rest fell out of the ladder:

CoreWindowSecondary05082023_020449871.jpg

Last edited:

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Interesting. I just realized those last 3 players in current Entry Division are the same that in previous week and with the same war score. I will check it again. Also, it is showing me with Pirate Mode On despite I didn't play there this week. It should have been reset. Errata in my previous post: past of reset is reset, not resetted.

serebus

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Serebus
Rank
WS ladder has not been resetted sins 24 april even if the 7 day timer is resetted the WS is not, i dont know if this is just Solaria.
Solaria has suffered alot of downtime, server going down for no reason 2-3 times a week few ours at a time for the last 2 monts or so dunno if that has anyting to do whit it.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
@alewx
I just checked the ladders on all servers. Aeria and Solaria are frozen.

Div. 1 Solaria May 8 (before reset)

solaria div 1 may 8.jpg

Div. 1 Solaria May 10:

solaria div 1 may 10.jpg

My profile on Solaria May 10th showing Pirate Mode On (should have reset), last activity on May 1st and war score from past week:

solaria hgus may 10.jpg

dr.claw

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Chancellor Gowron
Rank
Clan
the outlaws solaria
im in pirate mode what indeed wanst reset to pve mode

Iron Black

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
iron black
Rank
Clan
Tropa de Elite Kps
Ya les dije unan servidores para que el juego sea mas emocionante

X-Hunter

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
X-Hunter
Rank
you have to check it again when there is an event

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
@X-Hunter I don't think it will be relevant. Events are exceptional and the purpose of this is showing common behaviour.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Also events require at least that players look into the forum to even know that an event is about to happen. What i mean here is that in all my time since i play PG i never received any info outside of the forum in form of an e-mail that event xy will take place in PG from day x to day y.

So the number of players may not really change that much + other games show that event are short lived as players try to get trough them asap and then leave the game again until the next event/major update.

At best he could go trough the hassle to check every server either on fixed dates (like every Monday; Wednesday and Sunday) or simply every monday for maybe 2-3 months to get some actuall info that may show the "true activity" of the servers.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Solaria ws ladder has not been reset for 3 weeks now for some reason, or is that a new thing
Solaria and Aeria were finally reset May 15th. Now I must wait until May 22nd to get a reliable reading with the new data.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Hmm, These numbers are more worrying than that they would help to improve anything about the lack of players or this warscore/ladder.

So, inactive players that are logged on but don't kill anything get no entry in the in the ladder?

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
So, inactive players that are logged on but don't kill anything get no entry in the in the ladder?
No. Players with zero war score do not get any entry in the Entry Division. Their keep their old position in divisions 1 to 10 until reset then get demoted to the next lower division. Given the fact that being in any division means that the player was active at some point in the near past it is still valuable to have a show of server activity.

Example: If player A in division 9 have zero war score at the time of reset, it will be demoted to division 10 for next week.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
As like to make extreme tests i did log into the game (after my last time i played was somewhat around mid August last year) and of course i was not more in any division list at all. So i did what every sane PG player does and did travel to Antares to land at Terasa (wanted to have planet close to the stargate) with my gold Para to shoot some stuff.

As HGus did mention in the other post (maybe the system was changed as i had a different memory) if your lvl gap between the units lvl to your ships level is to big you get no points and so not get any entry in the ladder. So if not a ton of players only shots stuff that is way beyond the level gap the ladder should be pretty accurate at this point.