What's new

Rework Taunt [#7 Tau Ceti Part 2]

Reaction score
To me I think Taunt deserves a Rework since is preaty useless when the thermo dose the same thing but deals dg
so my ideas on it is...

1. Mark the target (new name for taunt) target with mark takes 10% - 15% more dg while marked dg and time based on strong long and reg

2. taunt now disables NON attack tech ( Collector, Afterburn, Rep droid, Shields etc)
while Blasters, Rockets, Thermoblasts, Sniper Blasters etc will still work so this idea is great against ships with not alot of fire power while weak against like a puni or RDX-07 Paragneiss

:D

DessusP

Reaction score
youmustconstructadditionalpylons said:
1. Mark the target (the new name for taunt) target with mark takes 10% - 15% more dg while marked dg and time based on strong long and reg
Would be great to hold aggro to taunted enemies. It feels most of the time that taunt is useless if anyone in the squad deals A LOT of damage, he will always take the monster aggro.

Here are a few ideas to think about the taunt rework:
* Create a new aggro stat to enemies, where the monster "targets" the player with the main aggro for example with a red circle below the ship and secondary player aggro with a blue circle. That will allow healers and other party members to know who to protect.
* Make taunt useful, make it so strong that enemies will always attack the tank when taunted and no other party members. This is the most important for me, it feels useless to use the taunt most of the time.
* Optional: taunted enemies will take more incoming damage, this will work as status effect and should not deal the same % in PvE and PVP. Balancing this is crucial to make it fair PVP.

NinjaFlow

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
- Loq -
Rank
Clan
-Golfos del Universo-
To me I think Taunt deserves a Rework since is preaty useless when the thermo dose the same thing but deals dg
so my ideas on it is...

1. Mark the target (new name for taunt) target with mark takes 10% - 15% more dg while marked dg and time based on strong long and reg

2. taunt now disables NON attack tech ( Collector, Afterburn, Rep droid, Shields etc)
while Blasters, Rockets, Thermoblasts, Sniper Blasters etc will still work so this idea is great against ships with not alot of fire power while weak against like a puni or RDX-07 Paragneiss

This is a best ideia, taunt as he is now is useless, as is the gemini ship to Claw, there is no use to it, since the storm is stronger

MOE

Reaction score
so my ideas on it is...

Taunt already has an effect that is pretty good, Ik most of players dont know about it yet and I wont share it ofc or would stop of being a secret but what I can say its the reason why the rc-x 01 claw is so strong in pvp otherwise it would be useless. :mrorange:
In another note, can we get an estimate date for update highway??

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Taunt has in someway different behaviour when it is used by an NPC and when it is used by players. I think it should be the same for both sides, sticking to the NPC behaviour, making the taunted enemy prone to attacks from nearby ones.

WhiteFire

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
WhiteFire
Rank
Too low, make it 50% so it's actually noticeable on NPCs (maybe make it exclusively 50% to NPCs so it doesn't break PvP, 10-15% seems alright for PvP). 10% is the kind of bonus you would expect from a drone or booster.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
The thing i noticed mostly is that the taunt can be "overwriten" by other players if they either deal enough dmg or if they sit in a healer.

It´s mostly noticable when you have a healer in your group how fast the taunt aggro has depleted even when it still is running.

If i remember it correctly it was in some earlier builds so that an taunted enemy sticks to the player who has taunted the enemy units while in PvP it just prevents the player from orbiting as long as the taunt is active. The only thing that so far is the same is during PvP the prevention for the player to Orbit while during PvE the taunt currently only seems to be an nice "alternative" to the Sniper Blaster to drag out a single unit from a group of enemies.

But even with that function the taunt is pretty limited cus the cooldown is way longer then a sniper blaster so that at the current point and imo the taunt is pretty "useless" since the aggro mechanic change.