Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
ben1982
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
I think this is half correct considering how the "reward" system works and only at certain points another place will be rewarded if there are enough sq that have scored so that after 1st place then 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so can get some reward as well.

The main flaw is that this system only "decent" until the pilots start to have unlocked Mission A cus then you will see the drop already of sq that have ranked points to be added to the list and then the whole system is falling appart so that at the end only 1st and at best 2nd place are listed for rewards.

I know other games that also have ranking systems but rewards are given to all who have participated so that at least the spend time was not wasted at all.

Why the Reactors don´t have such a system is still a mystery to me but only the devs may know it. If some sort of "all places get a reward system" would be exist i would maybe list it as the following:

1st place: 10 Parts
2nd - 5th place: 5 Parts
6th - 10th place: 3 Parts
11th place+: 1 Part

In the end 1 fact will always remain... it will never give the perfect solution to satisfy all sides of this discussion cus some say "where is the competition?" while others say "the current system is demotivating" and more others say "at least some reward should be given out for participating and not go empty handed".

In the end we can as always only give possible ideas for the devs they can use and it´s up to the devs if and what they will use from those ideas.
To be honest, i don't think you understood the gist of my suggestion.
At first i struggled to understand why you mention mission A even because that was irrelevant to what i was trying to suggest. I understand it is my fault for not conveying my message clearly enough, but i do nonetheless feel that you don't understand the main point of my post.
I didn't want to suggest something like you did because i agree with what nemesis1900 said.
Those who want to get ifrit cortexes should be given the opportunity to get parts at the reactor event regardless of the progress through the event. They do NOT need to be ranked high to get parts (this system is meant for those who want to get ifrit parts by showing excellence) , they just need to be rewarded ifrit parts with respect to the score the grind on the reactor.
If we decide to reward the top 10 like we do on colossus for example, its very likely people will exploit it and be opportunistic. Just as people would go onto colossus to get free cryonite when the competition is low, the same is likely to happen especially towards the end of the reactor event.
I am suggesting a grind for ifrit cortexes because i believe COMMITMENT and EFFORT should be rewarded in addition to excellence.
The idea that a can just place on the scoreboard at ranked 100+ with a pathetic score like 100 points or something and still get rewarded is ludicrous out-right. It requires no commitment no effort, no skill no excellence.
I'd like to say that the current ranking system does NOT need to be changed. Although i admit your propose ranking system is only flawed in the sense that anyone ranked 11 or high would get rewarded as well for simply placing. I am sorry but i cannot agree that rank 20 with 100 score should get rewarded.
Above all my idea isnt to give rewards to all participants for FREE, but to give all participants a CHANCE or METHOD to get rewards. I don't want to go over this again but my suggestion was meant to reward even the worst of players for showing their dedication commitment and effort, even a squad of only 2 players would be able to grinding cortex parts. You would even be able to get cortex parts SOLO if it came down to it, you'd just take longer.
Look i am sorry i cannot think or a system that rewards players "fairly" because that fairness is impossible to acheive.
Your suggestion is forgetting the fact that among ranked 11-1000 or whatever, there will be large variance in score.
Do you think it is fair to rank11 with 5k score that they get same reward as rank 20 with 1k score?
It seems only logical to me, that a sq with 5k score to receive more rewards than a sq of 1k score. That is why i suggested to give ifrit parts per unit score. Any additional parts earned due to the ranking system are BONUS that you would compete for if you wanted to finish X number of cortexes faster or if you wanted more cortexes.
This way players can acquire cortexes by either shear dedication and commitment and effort OR by showing excellence and defeating the competition.

The focus of my suggestion was never on the ranking system , the effects of it on the ranking system is only a by-product of my suggested changes.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
At first i struggled to understand why you mention mission A even because that was irrelevant to what i was trying to suggest
It is to a certain degree relevant cus Pilots who only wanna go for the Event Ships don´t really care about the reactor challenge/score/placing at all and once they reached Mission A they will do this mission over and over again to unlock mission B so those pilots will be out for quite some time or completly when they unlocked the Mission B ship cus they don´t care about the Reactor challenge and reward at all.

Your suggestion is forgetting the fact that among ranked 11-1000 or whatever, there will be large variance in score.
Do you think it is fair to rank11 with 5k score that they get same reward as rank 20 with 1k score?
This is what i meant with "it will never give the perfect solution to please all sides"

Sure it would be unfair against those who score higher points but are placed below rank x so that they only would receive 1 part for example.

Thing is i tend to grab rndm numbers most of the time so fine tuning is always possible to alter those numbers with suggestions/ideas from others + your Idea with the get a cortex part every xk of cumulative Scored points can be combined with other ideas so over this way it can be "balanced" to not go totaly empty handed but still get something out of the rewards.

Another thing that not should be forgoten is that those rankings are only a matter for the corrosponding Server cus there is difference as well and i would now assume that most of this discusion is comming from the Askone Server that struggles way more with the current system then Gaia from what i have read and understood.

So changing the whole system just because "1 Server is completly whining" will affect the other servers as well that then could "whine as well" with the changes to such a thing so that cycle would repeat. I can only repeat myself... It never is possible to satisfy all sides of such a conflict cus there will always be one part who will complain about whatever mechanic and posts their ideas/suggestions so that devs in the end can try to find a good middleway between all of it that they then will implement.

Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Getagripx
Rank
We earn useless signets.

If you all have a different view it,is time to come up with a new solution :

Give the opportunity to buy for signets cortex part's on shop ^^
That would one - kill the competitiveness entirely - and two - promote the use of signet boosters even further, allowing those who spend more gold to get more ifrit cortexes.

The signets aren't useless. They are a means to an end goal - getting the new RDX ship(s).

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
That would one - kill the competitiveness entirely - and two - promote the use of signet boosters even further, allowing those who spend more gold to get more ifrit cortexes.

The signets aren't useless. They are a means to an end goal - getting the new RDX ship(s).
ofc they ar,we have them on acc and cant do with them nothing.
You earn signets to unlock stuff,but nothing do with them more lol

new currency - signets
All earn signets,all can buy cortex parts,no one need spend many times on challenges - no more problems with sq

So Say We All

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Im sorry but i dont say all to this idea.... u have the signets to progress through your rdx event and get ur ships, not to avoid doing reactors and get ifrits by free....

Also... as soon as people gets the 2-3 desired ifrits that they want, those signets will become "useless" again since ifrits its not something u want to install in all ships

-Decimator-

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Decimator-
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
I'm not heavily against the option to buy Cortex parts with gold but prices must be in such way that buying 25 parts is just very expensive, but if you just need a few more parts to finish it can be a nice option.

Also can be good to increase the Cortex stash cap from 25 to 30. Few times I already 'waste' a few Cortex parts as I got 23/25 for example and then win but the other 4 parts go to waste, so would be good that those other parts also stay with you for the next Cortex.

katana88

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
__KaTaNa__
Rank
Deci is right, its pathetic to be with 24/25 till next RDX :D

Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Getagripx
Rank
I agree that getting to 24/25 parts is annoying but I don't think allowing for ifrit parts to be purchased with gold is the way to go.
Personally I would suggest just letting us hoard more than 25 parts at a time (increase the cap) so that no ifrit parts to go waste.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Im sorry but i dont say all to this idea.... u have the signets to progress through your rdx event and get ur ships, not to avoid doing reactors and get ifrits by free....

Also... as soon as people gets the 2-3 desired ifrits that they want, those signets will become "useless" again since ifrits its not something u want to install in all ships
Call it Signets call it Stengins in theory the Signets do not need to exist at all cus they are just another number in the Pilots profile that not really tells much about the Pilot aside from maybe "how much time he did spend with the RDX Events overall"

If the Bar for the RDX Reactor would fill up and it gives 1 RDX point it would result in the same outcome of beeing a "useless" number/value at the current point.
Wouldn't this negate even more the competition? :(
Isn´t buying the Signet booster to unlock mission A and Mission B the same? You buy signet boosters to get the Missions sooner but don´t really need to be competetive in order to earn more signets then a Pilot/Sq who is competetive in earning signets/Round with 4 Wave rush cus less time = more signets with smaller waves then doing higher waves that take more time to get Signets.

I must say however how much i find it amusing that Pilots defend this whole RDX Reactor part that has a way smaller round time in compare to the common Reactor Challenges that only will be rewarded once every week and way more pilots have no chance to get the Nephilim/Eagle Eye Cortex in compare to RDX imo.

In the end the only reason why Signets should act as an extra currency is to give them some sort of value then "just beeing there but do nothing after their purpose has been fullfilled"... or what can we do with signets after the whole "RDX Season pass" has been maxed out? Aside from some Signet Achivements for the total collected Signets nothing imo.

In the end it will remain that even when Sigents would act as currency to buy ALL Cortex parts at a certain number that those who are competetive will still get more parts "for free" while those who wanna grind for them get less due of the no placement reward pilots.

ben1982

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
ben1982
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
Call it Signets call it Stengins in theory the Signets do not need to exist at all cus they are just another number in the Pilots profile that not really tells much about the Pilot aside from maybe "how much time he did spend with the RDX Events overall"

If the Bar for the RDX Reactor would fill up and it gives 1 RDX point it would result in the same outcome of beeing a "useless" number/value at the current point.

Isn´t buying the Signet booster to unlock mission A and Mission B the same? You buy signet boosters to get the Missions sooner but don´t really need to be competetive in order to earn more signets then a Pilot/Sq who is competetive in earning signets/Round with 4 Wave rush cus less time = more signets with smaller waves then doing higher waves that take more time to get Signets.

I must say however how much i find it amusing that Pilots defend this whole RDX Reactor part that has a way smaller round time in compare to the common Reactor Challenges that only will be rewarded once every week and way more pilots have no chance to get the Nephilim/Eagle Eye Cortex in compare to RDX imo.

In the end the only reason why Signets should act as an extra currency is to give them some sort of value then "just beeing there but do nothing after their purpose has been fullfilled"... or what can we do with signets after the whole "RDX Season pass" has been maxed out? Aside from some Signet Achivements for the total collected Signets nothing imo.

In the end it will remain that even when Sigents would act as currency to buy ALL Cortex parts at a certain number that those who are competetive will still get more parts "for free" while those who wanna grind for them get less due of the no placement reward pilots.
Vesp, I really do not think we are on the same wavelength.
How does unlocking mission a and b with signets reduce the competition for cortexes? Do you count those guys who signet grind as competitive? If they intended to compete anyway, unlocking the missions doesn't stop them from doing so.
I'd also like to say that Raven Signets do not need to have a significance.
Skulls and achievement points exists, you aren't going to tell me those are very useful now are they? Getting higher place in ladder board by grind...
If it came down to it I'd rather they remove signets from achivs and profile bar. Nobody did the event because signets are so amazing and useful, nobody have a second thought about Signets beyond 'this sad number means nothing I almost forgot it was there'.
Implementing a signet shop is sure to shush the general player base from complaining but I really do not think that is a respectable thing to do especially for old players. It was like that time when they gave out all the old TR ships during the anniv event. And now those TR ships mean nothing.
I'll say this again, if they are going to add a signet shops ,it MUST have a LOT of limitations.

Last edited: