What's new

Quest BP drop rate question

Sirmorte

Reaction score
I am a newbie still hunting in Vega system. I have a BP quest to kill certain commanders in a set area. It is certainly hard enough to kill these guys solo without having to kill them again. However, I have killed the same commanders dozens of times with no blue print drop. I am not asking about gold blue prints. I am curious as to how many of these guys I have to kill in order to get the BP and fulfill the quest? Is this normal where dozens of quest mobs are killed without a regular BP drop? I am actually starting to wonder if these quests are broken.

StickManTwit

Reaction score
You see... it's about chance... but with a few recent updates, the developers have messed up the drop rate system. I, at one time 2 years back, had been hunting for the best normal, blue protector from Commanders on Aurora. I spent 2 hours hunting for those blueprints. In the end, I didn't even drop it. What did I drop? 2 gold blasters from Avengers, 2 gold ship blueprints from Commanders, and plenty of BPs I didn't need, such as blaster and stun charge. Now, it's even more of a problem. Sad to say this, but what you experienced is, indeed, expected, and now more so with these updates.

Hope I answered your question.

- SMT

Sirmorte

Reaction score
Yes, you answered my question. I just don't like the answer.

ClockWire

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Clockwire
Commanders have always been hard to get bps off.Are you doing the mission Aurora? if you're you dont have to go to the selected spot it tells you to go too, you just have to find the commanders that are dropping that tech/bp. In the middle of the map on Aurora you will find loads of commanders all different levels try shooting them as long as it drops the right bp the mission should complete.

i hope this helps in some kind of way best of luck