Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Kratios74
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
Profanity filter is in many games, where this solves the issue of swearing and words that aren't suppose to be said in public.

If there is to exist a tiny program like this, then the profanity filter will be active until the player itself turns it off in the settings.

this will reduce the needs of Gms fixing tickets 24/7 and punishing ppl with mutes/bans etc.
and this will also increase the satisfaction of players to a higher degree.

And now I will tell you how.

I am not up for swearing in global myself, only that when a "simple" word from a foreign country is enough to mute a player for 24h, 48h, or 72h. this is just ridiculous for such a small game like pirate galaxy which holds minimal amount of players.

Recently people are sending tickets for everything, because they don't like the certain players etc.. which makes people hide away from global chat, game will seem more quiet, newcomers who join the game will have the assumption that this game is inactive and dying. which will stop the further income towards evolving and development for this game and the game will probably die, or last as long as the oldest people who's still around.

This is a good suggestion in my opinion. I hope you take it into consideration and believe it can change this game to the better.

Kratios74.​

Incendio

Senior Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
incendio
Rank
Profanity filter is in many games, where this solves the issue of swearing and words that aren't suppose to be said in public.

If there is to exist a tiny program like this, then the profanity filter will be active until the player itself turns it off in the settings.

this will reduce the needs of Gms fixing tickets 24/7 and punishing ppl with mutes/bans etc.
and this will also increase the satisfaction of players to a higher degree.

And now I will tell you how.

I am not up for swearing in global myself, only that when a "simple" word from a foreign country is enough to mute a player for 24h, 48h, or 72h. this is just ridiculous for such a small game like pirate galaxy which holds minimal amount of players.

Recently people are sending tickets for everything, because they don't like the certain players etc.. which makes people hide away from global chat, game will seem more quiet, newcomers who join the game will have the assumption that this game is inactive and dying. which will stop the further income towards evolving and development for this game and the game will probably die, or last as long as the oldest people who's still around.

This is a good suggestion in my opinion. I hope you take it into consideration and believe it can change this game to the better.

Kratios74.​
hi pilot

i truly get what you are trying to do but they will always be a select few pilots that will bend the rules and find some way of manipulating the chat still.

and they will still break the rules no matter if they was a filter or not people always have and feel the need to try and get round things.

regards

Kratios74

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Kratios74
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
According to the ToC; Those eligible to play are all persons who have already reached the age of maturity (18 years of age) at the time of registration. Minors are only eligible to play if the consent of their legal guardians has been obtained before registering for the game. Upon registering for the game, the User expressly affirms the User’s age of consent and legal capacity or – in the case of minors – the existence of the consent of the minor’s legal guardians.

My suggestion of putting a profanity filter will shelter those that are under 18.
As mentioned above, people are sending tickets for everything. If there was to be any sort of harasment towards a player. then these "selected few" will not go unpunished.

I'm just trying to make pirate galaxy a place where global chat is a place to be. cause if you manage to recieve a "chat bug". you're doomed. what's the fun of being punished by 1 of the 1000 bugs in pirate galaxy?

Kratios74

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I know what you wanna try to achive Krat but as Incendio has already stated it will give people who will find ways to circumvent such things by simply "altering" the texting of it.

It would require a ton of words and their defintions; alterations + all the different languages just so that it would work but then in return risk that it may even block words that not mean harm or have an "double meaning" in certain languages and i have seen games where it messes unharming texts a lot just cus it has a word or parts of that word in it.

Those eligible to play are all persons who have already reached the age of maturity (18 years of age) at the time of registration. Minors are only eligible to play if the consent of their legal guardians has been obtained before registering for the game. Upon registering for the game, the User expressly affirms the User’s age of consent and legal capacity or – in the case of minors – the existence of the consent of the minor’s legal guardians.
If we will be totaly real here i assume that the majority of players registred to the game has not passed their 18th year during the registration already and did call their legal guardians (aka parents in most cases) to look at the game before they are "allowed to register for it" in order to play it :p.

And if we would be even more real i assume that even more just have clicked the "I agree to the Terms of Condition and Code of Conduct" without even taking a look into it :LOL:.