What's new

Poll: Merge all Servers into one Like we saw on PTR Test server

Merge all the Servers into one big Server ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I do not think it is a good idea to turn all servers into one, it is already difficult to hunt green in r5, when large active clans are there, they vacuum clean the planet for green, and it will also be the same in other systems like tc .
At some point in the time of Siri it was so that at R5 the planet was instanced so that each clan had his "own" R5 and pilots from other planets could only land on this planet if beeing part of the sq of the clan member. It was then removed with the Big Bang update if i remember correctly but i don´t know why they made this but it might be due of all the instances causing more need of recources so they switched them back to the old system.

Teaspoon

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Teaspoon
Rank
Clan
Green Tea
As far as I am informed, the Kalgan server is the one least populated and people are quite mad on that there is no move from SSG staff in case of server merge so that they can have a lot of more new faces next to each other.

However from Askone side I may say that we don't really need that server merge so much, but it would be quite nice to see new people around :)
Could be. Thats why they need to test how it works out.
I think you are misinformed. Kalgan is quite an active server. I have also never heard that people are quite angry because of server merge and i am an very active pilot, based on this i can say some of these points are not true.

Teaspoon

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Teaspoon
Rank
Clan
Green Tea
I do also have many skulls, and in 2 servers actually, but i do prefer a lot more players than having a small number on a server where it isn't played much, i guess we talk of a MMO so that means = Massive Multiplayer Online, why u would play a MMO to play mostly alone ,i just checked Kalgan Division 1, and i dont think there is any current fight on the division 1 as teaspoon mentioned the opposite. ofc a server merge can have some "downsides", but if u look at it as the MMO perspective, its just better in all aspects.
there have been a lot of fights for skullls in the last few months, but there are weeks in between that it is quiet, like this week, since I am active and playing on kalgan I should know :)
I'm in an active clan so I do not play alone.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
i just checked Kalgan Division 1, and i dont think there is any current fight on the division 1 as teaspoon mentioned the opposite.
A reason for this may be the current mechanics of the ladder that gives not really the "need" to go for the skull considering that 4 Pilots always will stay at the 1st Division and 1 will replaced if he has the lowest score. So most of the time you see the same 4 names over and over again in 1st Division for weeks mainly with 1 who is going for the 1st place always again or maybe has a "bad week" and just wants to ensure he does not drop out of the 1st Division.

The result is that "the flow" of the battle for the Gold Skull is way to small cus again the Pilot who did win the Skull will not be reset to enter the Entry Division to fight all his way up again through all the other Divisions cus then i would say a Gold Skull is "earned by showing determination and perseverence".

is very easy to say that you do not care that skulls are lost if merge servers, when you have nothing or only a few, I have fought for skull on kalagan for many years and have 49.
I admit i may not have a single Skull in my account hence beeing a day 1 Pilot but the only reason for that is that i tried to go for one a few years back and i was already "broken" at the 4th week of shooting nothing but harvs for the pure sake of WS farming so i did not pursue this anymore and don´t really care for the WS.

If i move into the next Division or drop from the current one then it just happens by pure chance. Most of the time i´m in the 5th Division. Sure i may hunt cryos what is also not really exciting but at least i have no need to hunt only a specific unit and can switch the location or help others with their stuff what brings me more enjoyment and relaxation then actually "working in the game after i did work for 8 hours already IRL"

Anyways as the Ladder clearly says it´s still in Beta and it even informs that it may be deleted or reseted so that even when no Merge would happen and SSG would decide so all this skull farming could be removed/reseted what means again all the farming/fighting for a Skull was in vain and useless.
Ladder Beta Info.jpg
This is a reason why i would more prefer to give the WS an "actuall purpose" that rewards every Pilot rather then just giving them "braging rights" cus another big issue with the skulls is that they have an higher value rating then achive points where Pilots had actually to do something specific to earn them. But Pilots who have lots of Achive points are simply "pushed back" just cus someone may have 1 skull more in his counter.

I think personally the only reason why this mechanic still is in the game to give at least some pilots a reason to go for something that has some sort of "competition" in it.

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
As said Vesperion, maybe giving another purpose to skull (and ladder in general) can be interesting like some title or something so devs don't have to give skull again after merging.

Maybe there is some activity in Kalgan and Askone, in my server (Trantor) every planet is ghost town and the ladder is just about the same guy having his skulls ( at least it was the case before i stoped playing)

Still i understand people with skull and don't want to loose them, just to say, there is no enjoyment of playing in dead servers because there is nobody to play with and skulls are the last of our problems.

Razzorkill

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Razzorkill
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Maybe give some kind of reward for the gathered skulls if they need to remove, for example; cryonite/energy or gold for each skull you have gained?

Anyways I dont really care if my 12 skulls gets removed as long as I keep my points :cool:

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
In my humble opinion , many people agreed , as far as i know right now , many of my friends posted this as a suggestion in the past and it ended up in nothing , they didn't try to suggest it again just because they thought no one would agree on the merge , but here , right now , we are the closer that we have been to getting what we wanted , its almost real , even players that have gathered skulls agree on it , it would also be a nice opportunity because in the case of Aurora there was inactivity for a long period of time in which some clans ''FARMED'' Skulls easily without fighting for them , so now in a new start we would have more activity , more wars and people active to farm or do missions , low systems would be perhaps , and its just a theory , alive again cuz in all servers there might be at least 20 or 30 pilots that are still in low systems , also people that were from split servers that couldn't play together now would be able to , and in my humble point of view , again , Ping isnt an issue in pg , i have never suffered of ping issues in any server , and when i did it was because overall server was lagging and everyone was having the same issue , so , i don't know if i covered all points or i said something that everyone already said cuz i didn't read every single post , but i AGREE With the merge.

Devs should (in my humble opinion) Collect a little bit more feedback on this (anyways i think most of the community agrees as far as i have seen) and do an overall poll on the front page so it reachs everyone , and do server announcements to have a final decision.

(And of course , plan if its possible , cuz i know its not all magic and there's work behind it , and it might not be possible even if all the community wants to.

Thank you so much for reading this post if you did.

Spyder001

Reaction score
One addition I'd like to add. For a Clan or alliance dedicated in remembrance of those players that have been confirmed as passed. where their pilots accounts can rest.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
One addition I'd like to add. For a Clan or alliance dedicated in remembrance of those players that have been confirmed as passed. where their pilots accounts can rest.
yes, i didnt think about that😳! that would be important if these players / clans / alliance passed thru the merge as well.. Really good point. :D

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
So not to make even more topics about it I am returning like phoenix from the ashes to this thing as it was kinda the biggest requested move for the lower populated servers.
Considering the fact that everybody, even these who farmed skulls, agreed on the "new start" with merging servers, maybe then let's collect more feedback on what would you like the server merge to be seen in PG?

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
So not to make even more topics about it I am returning like phoenix from the ashes to this thing as it was kinda the biggest requested move for the lower populated servers.
Considering the fact that everybody, even these who farmed skulls, agreed on the "new start" with merging servers, maybe then let's collect more feedback on what would you like the server merge to be seen in PG?
I'm there for to create more instances for the planets when this happens. Like on Sirius with the privat giza for each jumpship Clan.

Simply put. The devs could add a mission that sends you to a more private planet e.g Calon1 Calon2 Calon3. There is actually a trick that sends you to an empty planet which often consists of mistakes e.g. accepting a whitemission and it is aborted somehow or before the squad leader enters the planet and the squad member leaves to 50% of the time you end up in an empty planet. I think it's more like a bug? I don't know. Many players did that on Erebos, you will see them in your buddy list that they are on this planet but you won't see his action and presence there. I open to see something like this for lack of performance issues when 50 players are on Erebos or other planets.

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
Hi everyone,

Let me make a short message. Since the Dino Storm endgame update has been concluded, why not focus on this thread? As said before by many players, a merge of the servers would be very interesting. The question is, how do you know which server to use with which server. Server schedule would be a good idea perhaps as a criterion?

My suggestion is simple and has probably already been mentioned, technically speaking I suspect it must be a pain, but having the possibility to move your person from server to server at a rate of once a year for example for a gold amount.

Honestly I think it's a good time to do this!

Kind regards,
Eredin

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
In this sense, I consider that a total merger of all the servers is viable, the creation of instances as mentioned above is an option to take and the conquests should not be a problem since you can add more conquests per day according to the schedules, even three conquests per day does not seem unreasonable to me