What's new

Please make active player bonus cryo equal for both teams and not affected by afk players

Kiloker

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Kiloker
Rank
Clan
CzechoSlovak Legion
I had to make a post about this, team A outplays team B winning even down TWO players and we still get less active pilots cryo bonus because we had two afk players on our team, I suggest making it so the bonus is calculated based on the number of enlisted players, and not the number of players that were actually active in the conquest.
1704916597628.png

leo

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
.Deadly
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
How to Tell a Girl You Like Her
  1. 1 Drop some hints.
  2. 2 Set a deadline for yourself.
  3. 3 Pump yourself up first.
  4. 4 Tell her in person, if possible.
  5. 5 Text her if you can't meet up in person.
  6. 6 Write her a note to be romantic.
  7. 7 Simply say, “I like you.”
  8. 8 Ask her if she likes you.

TunaThePilot

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Tuna The Pilot
Rank
Clan
Dark Brotherhood
No matter what, we won more cryonite as team A

Kiloker

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Kiloker
Rank
Clan
CzechoSlovak Legion
No matter what, we won more cryonite as team A
yes, but only by 7k, if this change was implemented we would get 20k extra cryo, so 27k more than team b in total (or more if we won by a bigger margin) and i dont see why it shouldn't be implemented, the team with afk players is already at a disadvantage so why get punished with less cryo as well compared to if you had no afks. I know it's a small change, but it makes sense and i would assume is not very hard to implement.

TunaThePilot

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Tuna The Pilot
Rank
Clan
Dark Brotherhood
Or the cryonites of players who AFK should be distributed equally to the team. This is a reasonable solution, but it must have been a difficult task for the development team.

Kiloker

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Kiloker
Rank
Clan
CzechoSlovak Legion
Or the cryonites of players who AFK should be distributed equally to the team. This is a reasonable solution, but it must have been a difficult task for the development team.
that would be a good solution as a compensation for afk teammates. but what im suggesting isnt really compensation. its rather fixing the amount of cryo gained as there is absolutely no reason to get less cryos when you have afks. also i dont really see how it would be a hard task for the development team, but again i dont know how the otb rewards are coded so maybe it is.

Nicoredje

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Deleted
Rank
How to Tell a Girl You Like Her
  1. 1 Drop some hints.
  2. 2 Set a deadline for yourself.
  3. 3 Pump yourself up first.
  4. 4 Tell her in person, if possible.
  5. 5 Text her if you can't meet up in person.
  6. 6 Write her a note to be romantic.
  7. 7 Simply say, “I like you.”
  8. 8 Ask her if she likes you.
Sir? This is a videogame forum.

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
I had a guy who was collecting energy all the time, he was sitting on the energy camp, my friend wrote to him what he was doing, he wrote why he should fight if we win anyway, he got 100k cryo less than us and it was very good

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I had a guy who was collecting energy all the time, he was sitting on the energy camp, my friend wrote to him what he was doing, he wrote why he should fight if we win anyway, he got 100k cryo less than us and it was very good
The best ones are who uses engineer ships and doing nothing than collecting ore.😎

Kiloker

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Kiloker
Rank
Clan
CzechoSlovak Legion
Crying because Team B got a better BONUS as a reward for their activity?
That argument would only be somewhat valid for a clan Vs clan cq since the teams are predetermined and you get to choose you play with, but in OTB the teams are completely randomised so it makes absolutely no sense for the team with afk players to be punished simply because rng put you on a team with one or more players who happened to go afk.

Last edited:

Kiloker

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Kiloker
Rank
Clan
CzechoSlovak Legion
I'm not sure how that's related to my post because my suggestion doesn't affect cryo gained by afk players, they will still get zero cryo if the game counts them as afk. Also if he got 100k cryo less than the rest of the team that must have been simply because he was a lower lvl player since that's what cryo distribution inside the team is based on

SpritHunter

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Spritzer-
Rank
Crying because Team B got a better BONUS as a reward for their activity?
You don't even play in TC4 on any of your accounts, you almost never join OTBs and when you did people kind of memed on you for playing like a bot .
I don't know why you keep posting on everyone's forum threads that are trying to point out flaws in OTB logic, items not working properly or game mechanics when you probably don't even know the difference between a protector and a shield... or have this crazy idea that tank ships are good and have their uses when people with more PvP kills than you have in PvE say otherwise and explain it to you.

KillerSoldier_

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
KillerSoldier
Rank
Clan
Illuminati
After the Devs took my last idea on the restriction for enlistment on OTB I really fought myself to say anything about this topic now, but here we go:

One way to handle this "issue" might be to take the average amount of active players on both teams to calculate the Active Pilot Bonus which would have ended in a 380% on that OTB for both teams (16 on A, 18 on B = 17 in average)
That way Team A would have had a little advantage on the bonus. Let´s see it as a reward for fighting against a more active team. On the other side it would mean a little punishment for the more active team as their bonus would be decreased by 15% just for having more active players on their side. I doubt that would be a thing everyone would be happy about.

Taking the total amount of enlisted players - with a max of 25 per side in case more than 50 enlist in total - might also not be the best way to solve it, because in this case a lot of alt-accounts might be used to increase the bonus...

The maybe best solution might be to take the max amount of active players as the factor for the Active Pilot Bonus for both teams. In this case which Kiloker posted both teams would end up with a Bonus of 395% that way. I think this would be the solution most people would be fine with. The team with more active players won´t be punished in any way while the "less active" side still gets the same bonus as if they fight in full strength.
Personally I don´t see any reason why a team should be punished for having some players on their side which forget to land in time or just go offline after landing.

Maybe there is one more thing the devs should think about:
IF a player went inactive after he landed (by himself) on the surface, there seems to be no penalty for this right now. What about adding a penalty for this as well? I mean, if you don´t land you are blocked for 7 days, that´s fine so far. But if you land and go inactive the only punishment is "no cryonite"? For the rest of the team it makes no difference if a player is inactive in orbit or on the planet, both cases cause a handicap for this team, so both should end up in a punishment for this player!

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
One way to handle this "issue" might be to take the average amount of active players on both teams to calculate the Active Pilot Bonus which would have ended in a 380% on that OTB for both teams (16 on A, 18 on B = 17 in average)
Agreed, either that or take the maximum amount of active players from the both sides and apply that bonus to both teams. But to be honest we already have that 7-day penalty to discourage anyone from being inactive and that is probably enough already

Nicoredje

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Deleted
Rank
We are winning anyway. Followed by the question.

Why did we lose the area? 1 minute later.

classic.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
That argument would only be somewhat valid for a clan Vs clan cq since the teams are predetermined and you get to choose you play with, but in OTB the teams are completely randomised so it makes absolutely no sense for the team with afk players to be punished simply because rng put you on a team with one or more players who happened to go afk.
The problem here is that you see it as a "punishment" when in fact it is "less reward" overall.

In the end, the players from Team A earned more cryonite than their opponents.

Team:​
A​
B​
Total cryonite earned:​
3,817,248​
4,059,964​
Active players:​
16​
18​
Average reward per player:​
238,578​
225,553​

The difference is only 7k but remember that the battle was a close win.

Kiloker

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Kiloker
Rank
Clan
CzechoSlovak Legion
The problem here is that you see it as a "punishment" when in fact it is "less reward" overall.

A​
B​
3,817,248​
4,059,964​
16​
18​
238,578​
225,553​

It's not about winning more cryonite than your opponents, its about winning the amount of cryonite you would normally deserve to win if you had no afk players on your team. In that sense, yes it is a punishment since the amount of cryo is reduced for the entire team simply because your team had afk players on it. Also keep in mind that if the battle was even closer (or we had more afks) then team A players could possibly get less cryo than team B, so there are instances where this issue could cause the winning team to get less cryonite.

KillerSoldier_

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
KillerSoldier
Rank
Clan
Illuminati

A​
B​
3,817,248​
4,059,964​
16​
18​
238,578​
225,553​

guess there is a critical bug on the HBot-Code:
You CAN´T compare the total amount of cryo earned by both teams if the average pilot rank is not the exact same on both sides, because it just sums up the cryonite each player on the team received. If there is a player with level 91 he gets a lot less cryonite than a player with level 99 what will also decrease the total amount amount for his team.

so all your "nice" calculation is useless at this point :facepalm: