What's new

pilot reactivation

spocklet

Reaction score
I used to have a pilot a long time ago, but because of real-life events I had to stop playing. However I'd now like to pick up where I left off, but my pilot doesn't show on the list (am guessing it's been cancelled). So is there any way I can re-activate my pilot please ??

Details
Pilot name - spocklet
Level - 44
Clan - Angels of Pestilence

I would be grateful if a GM or somebody could help, thanks !!

spocklet

Reaction score
Thanks Necrofly, I logged into the Splitscreen account as you suggested, but it didn't help. Am trying the other method you suggest !!

spocklet

Reaction score
The other link led (eventually) to an email that said it was a Gamigo account, not Splitscreen. But I still can't access the account cos it's in the name of rathovkhan - THIS NAME IS WRONG !! The correct account name is spocklet, but I can't change it to that name cos Gamigo are a set of EDITED, and it just says There is already a user with that name - YEAH ME EDITED !!

So please, Splitscreen, can you just transfer the name and all relevant details to your servers, so I may (finally) be able to access my account ?? Please, am begging nicely. I really want to play my character, but it seems impossible the way it is now !!

L

Leucetius

Hello Spocklet
Its is not possible to transfer gamigo account data over onto Splitscreen,
I will be more than happy though to help you further in the best way possible for for you to get access
back to your gamigo account Via Pvt message in forum or in game should you be flying there also under another pilot name.

Best Regards
Leucetius

spocklet

Reaction score
Ok thanks Leucetius, was just a vain hope on my part, and apologies for posting the way I did and you did right to edit it. Just feel that Gamigo know what I want, but are deliberately blocking me from doing it !!

I know I could get one of my other ships up to the same level, but considering how long it took, all the help I got from my Clan friends (who are not there now), and all the hoops I had to jump through to get him to that level, I honestly don't want to have to do it again !!

Radical thought - would it be possible to create the pilot and ship(s) identical to the Gamigo ship, but not using the Gamigo game data ?? I know it's a long shot, but am clutching at any straw right now !!

Again thanks Leucetius, I appreciate all the help you're doing for me !!

L

Leucetius

Hi the only way is through gamigo itself for this account to come back. Please feel free if and when you come online in game and see one of our GM's online ask them to notify me that you are online and I will talk you through how best to proceed with this matter. And with a bit of luck we will have you back up running sooner rather than later

spocklet

Reaction score
Have tried the Gamigo portal, but it won't allow me to log in. I really wish you could have transferred ALL the game data when Splitscreen spilt from Gamigo, hey well never mind !!

Have tried logging with the new pilot name (their idea to change it, not mine), but cos there's no game history with the new pilot, it just kicks me out. Oh well, guess I'm just gonna have to build up my Splitscreen ship, and see how that goes !!

Thanks Leucetius, appreciate you taking the time to try and help !!

spocklet

Reaction score
Ok, as if I didn't have enough problems to deal with, now I've found a new one - I tried to recreate my spocklet pilot on the Askone server, but it says I can only create him on the Korell server. Now apologies to the Korell users, but I wanted him on Askone and am unable to select which server I want. Is there some reason I cannot do this ??

Also, I tried to access the clan that I made - the Angels of Pestilence - and though I can bring up data on the clan, I am unable to gain access. Again, is there some reason that I cannot do this ??

I would appreciate Leucetius or somebody educating me on these things, cos really I just don't understand any of it !!

L

Leucetius

Hello Spocklet

I'm afraid there can only be one person with a certain name at 1 time on a server there cant be duplicates of the same name. You can make a similar name with a slight variation with some numbers at the end. As for the clan if your old account was admiral there is no way your new pilot can join this clan as you have not got access to the old account to accept you or change your new one to admiral. Same option again would be to make the clan again with a slight change in the name as clan names also cannot be duplicated.

Hope this information helps
also in the meantime I would still carry on with trying to get access to your gamigo account.

Best Regards
Leucetius

spocklet

Reaction score
Ok, thanks Lucetius !!

Was thinking for a while that cos I have a toon already on Askone, I couldn't have another. But yeah, I'll do as you suggest and give him a number or something that differentiates him. Have kinda given up hope of ever getting my Gamigo account back, and resigned myself to losing my big pilot and all his ships, gold etc. But it won't be a good account and just fade away, it keeps rising up and biting me in the......well, you know. Maybe there is still some life in the old account yet ??

As you suggest, I'll make my new pilot with a number at the end. If it allows me to make him on Askone then I'll be happy. If there is a problem about having two pilots on the same server group, then I'll gladly delete the other guy, or would if I knew how. As you suggest I'll try and figure something out about renaming or remaking the clan, but considering the members (and friends) we had back then, it will only ever be a shadow of it's former self !!

Thanks for your assistance Lucetius, I do appreciate it !!

EDIT - Just been in to remake him, but again it keeps defaulting to the Korell server, I can't access any server selection controls. Is there anything else that I could try, perhaps ??

L

Leucetius

Test.JPG
When you 1st create a pilot you will be sent to a default server. If this server is not one you want to use then click on the change button as marked.

Askone.JPG
Use the drop down menus in sequence for Askone Server

Solaria.JPG
Use the drop down menus in sequence for Solaria Server

Kalgan.JPG
Use the drop down menus in sequence for Kalgan Server

Aeria.JPG
Use the drop down menus in sequence for Aeria Server

Please note you can only create 1 pilot on each server with 1 account user login name

Hope this helps you a little further :D any more questions feel free to ask

spocklet

Reaction score
Thanks for your hints and tips Leucetius !!

Sadly though it still ain't working for me. I did everything as you suggested, in the order you suggested, and from Korrell it went to Trantor, then to Gaia at which point it stuck and wouldn't go to any other server, no matter how many times I tried. If I wasn't already bald I'd have handfulls of hair by now !!

Just a radical idea, maybe make a dropdown menu of ALL server groups, and we can pick which one we want. Would that work, maybe ??

passenger8

Reaction score
-gamigo had a hackingproblem some time ago, that forced gamigoplayers to change their passwords. -try to reach gamigo and see if you can change pw, (maybe "forgot pw" will do the trick if you still use the same emailadress?) -there should be a gamigotread about these problems, somewhere in this forum.
-good luck getting back, spock:)

spocklet

Reaction score
Thanks passenger8, yeah I kinda remember the login fiasco we had back then. But fortunately I have a good password, and have used it ever since, Gamigo and Splitscreen, and it works usually with no problems. It's my pilot name that seems to be the problem, it just doesn't want to recognise it - well my Gamigo account, that is !!

I'll be honest it would be lovely to get my original pilot back, and all the stuff he has with him, but if I have to sacrifice him, then so be it. Likewise my current pilot on Askone, if I have to start again then ok, I can do that and build him back up again. Though this time I'll do some things differently, which should make the build-up a bit easier !!

My guild. I handed that over into safe keeping a long time ago, and am still listed as an Officer there, but yeah it'll be sad to see it go. Though the friends and guildmates we once had, have all moved onto bigger and better things according to the pilot list, and good luck to all of them. Hopefully they all learned a few things during their time with us !!

Are conquests still as much fun as I remember ?? We used to squat in the junkyard, and heaven help anybody who dared to land. Later we had our own planet (can't remember name, sorry), and we set up camp at the landing site and all the sectors. Ha, good fun !!

passenger8

Reaction score
-if you want your gamigopilot, you got to get access to your gamigoaccount.
-you can try sending them a ticket about the problem, and hopefully get it solved?

-and don´t get any illusions, the game is harder than ever. (good luck, anyway:)

spocklet

Reaction score
Thanks passenger8, I'll give that a try - well I will if I can find a way to send Gamigo a ticket, they don't make it easy !!

Was it ever really easy ?? Some planets were harder than others, but for the grinders (like me) there were some areas we could go to gain exp and have some fun, we just had to look for them. Me and a friend would take our Gemini ships to Prosperous, then sit and wait for a DS to show up and we'd just blast away at them. Sometimes we'd win, if we hit them in the right order, but generally we'd wake up in the Starbase and have to start again !!

Oh the memories I have of this game, a few bad ones but mostly good ones. I really wish I could add to them !!

spocklet

Reaction score
Well I found Gamigo, and sent them a ticket to re-activate my pilot. Just havta keep my fingers crossed now !!

spocklet

Reaction score
Shouldn't have bothered crossing my fingers, it didn't work !!

It said Change Password, I clicked it, it did, but the new password isn't recognised !!

It said Play Game, I thought great and clicked it, it defaulted to the Splitscreen game startup from the Gamigo portal !!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So please, somebody, explain to me in simple language....

1) Is the Gamigo game still running ??
2) How do I access it ??
3) How can I get my big pilot back ??

Am not asking for the impossible, I just want to play a game I used to love, that's all !!

passenger8

Reaction score
-change pw again, and send tickets to gamigo till it works.

-i guess that you are almost there?:)