WhiteFire

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
WhiteFire
Rank
Hey guys,
Just wanted to start up a petition here in General in order to lift/revert the tech level based restrictions on missions. It's completely wasteful and pointless. Change it back to the old system where you can use anything as long as it was from the system or lower, and armor didn't matter.

For more information, take a look at my post in Feedback (scroll down to the Levels section): http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=40915

What's the point in not letting us use rare tech on all planets?
Why are you devs restricting fun?
This is why the game is dying. Removing support for newer players? Bad idea.

Anyone who agrees, please /sign here and lets hope the devs will follow up.

~~~WhiteFire

anthony.navas

Reaction score
this is better so there is no need to help too much becomes too pk sota to make the mission easier and so it is not good to overtake them too :sneaky: :LOL:

0ptimus Prime

Reaction score
anthony.navas said:
this is better so there is no need to help too much becomes too pk sota to make the mission easier and so it is not good to overtake them too :sneaky: :LOL:
I’m confused. Are you saying that the current system is better than the previous unrestricted Story Mission requirements? I say unrestricted but I am referring to when there wasn’t an armor limit and you could use any tech for said system to run story missions in that system.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
The main reason the tech restriction has been implemented was that new Pilots got draged through the Story with the higher tech and didn´t really had to do/learn anything until the point they have reached the current top System and planet and only having lvl x (if i remember correctly the lowest level i had ever seen during that time was 10 or something around that in Mizar).

I have honestly no issue with the restriction system the only i cringe about is that Mars is the only planet in Sol that is restriced to the Sol starter ships and Top Moon Tech (Terasa has been lifted from that fate from what i´m aware of).

I know how the old system was when we had no restrictions at all and could do Vega Missions with Gemini tech and it was nice on the one side but bad on the other side at the same time cus you hadn´t to worry about anything at all cus units had no real chance to kill is in those missions and again Pilot could get draged via this way through the story by just staying in Orb and doing nothing.

I hardly belive that Split ever will change this system again after all these years. But considering your old post i agree that the E-System should recieve an rework where i made in another post already an suggestion about an possible revamp that would benefit everyone no matter if high/low level and how much e they can store. For me it only gives 2 reasons to into an E-Field and this is either by using selfmat or after i had to "feed the beasts" again.
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?p=200627#p200627

Edit note: I have no idea why this post has been shown as new to me when the last comment was 3 years ago lol

0ptimus Prime

Reaction score
Vesperion said:
the only i cringe about is that Mars is the only planet in Sol that is restriced to the Sol starter ships and Top Moon Tech (Terasa has been lifted from that fate from what i´m aware of).

This is what I was taking about here. Being able to do Vega missions with Gemini tech is, of course, absurd. But to not be able to use top Sol tech on Mars? That makes no sense to me. If they haven’t lifted that restriction already I strongly believe they need to.

This game is old enough and not really attracting new players. What purpose does making the game even more difficult for new players serve? Except to needlessly frustrate them into quitting.